yardbarker

NCAA Wiretap Headlines

Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Update Thread

Moderators: Ben, HomoSapien, Morten Jensen, Senor Chang, KingCuban, fleet, Rerisen, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, DuckIII, alucryts

Post#661 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:13 am by SSSFreak

Karl is a boss. :)
SSSFreak

Lead Assistant
And1: 515

Post#662 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:56 am by veji1

It would be absurd for Rose not to play this season if his ready. Barring setback he will practice for close to a month fully and start somewhen between 15th and end Feb.
veji1
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#663 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:14 am by Knicks_Fan2

I know its abt the knicks but bucher has barely any inside sources and was quoted as saying that he saw no chance the knicks could get melo a few weeks after the beginning of the 2010 season.

The Bulls wouldn't tease bulls fans like this. No team would.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 2,055

Post#664 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:19 am by BIGGIEsmalls 23

KingCuban wrote:+1 on Duck being on fire.

:nod: Yes he was.

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:The Bulls wouldn't tease bulls fans like this. No team would.

I agree & I was more of the more pessimistic posters regarding his return.
BIGGIEsmalls 23

RealGM
And1: 794

Post#665 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:35 am by blumeany

I think Bucher is an idiot. :lol: The Bulls are being tight-lipped solely to keep the pressure off of Derrick and prevent him from being ready too early. Rose is a completely different animal than Rubio and Shumpert - both physically and mentally. He *will* be back this year. Give him a month of contact and practice. The way he's been busting his ass, he's not doing it just to be ready for the offseason. If the Bulls were going to 'shut him down', they would have done so already - as that would have taken all the pressure off the organization, his teammates, as well as Rose and there would be no more questions from fans, media, etc.
blumeany

RealGM
And1: 1,083

Post#666 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:56 am by organix85

KingCuban wrote:If you're American and you're using a Karl Stefanovic gif, well that is just damn great :lol:

Yup... I'm from Chicago 8-) Admittedly, I don't know much about that Karl guy at all though.
TyrusRose2425 wrote:Imagine how much more athletic Noah would be if he didn't have his big ass ball sack dragging him down
organix85
General Manager
And1: 299

Post#667 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:48 am by Jvaughn

Rerisen wrote:I believe the question was asked at the post surgery conference to Dr. Cole about Rose sitting the whole year out, and he answered that there would be no additional benefit to doing this - assuming no complications in recovery - and quite the opposite, that Rose should get back into games and working back as soon as he was ready.

So what Bucher is saying just wouldn't make much sense. It's not as if we are close to tanking either, and that having him sit is going to net us some great pick.

+1

There is no medical reason to keep him out past the time he's ready. Doctors have already said he's at no higher risk of reinjuring it. If anything, the ligament should be stronger than before. The only reason to sit him out further would be if he was overcompensating for the leg and was putting more pressure on other body parts (ie Rubio ).

Plus if you're one of the people who thinks JR is solely about profits at the risk of winning, why would he sacrifice all the money a D-Rose return this year would generate? That would be terrible business.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Jvaughn

RealGM
And1: 719

Post#668 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:33 pm by iamduke

Lets all just agree that Bucher is an idiot and move on from his comments. No need to dwell on them. All signs point to D Rose being back SOMETIME this season. I for one feel great about our chances of getting to the Easter Conf. Finals.
iamduke

Junior
And1: 4

Post#669 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:47 pm by SSSFreak

SSSFreak

Lead Assistant
And1: 515

Post#670 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:50 pm by TyrusRose2425

I hope you guys are all aware that Derrick Rose is close as **** to returning.
Thomas Müller- "We're not careless or arrogant. We're dominant"
TyrusRose2425

Analyst
And1: 838

Post#671 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:54 pm by bentheredengthat

Oh the arch on his shot and angle of release looks sooo much better. I am excite.
bentheredengthat
General Manager
And1: 692

Post#672 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:09 pm by nitric0

bentheredengthat wrote:

Oh the arch on his shot and angle of release looks sooo much better. I am excite.

I hope Derrick realizes how great of a midrange shooter he is. He needs to step it down a bit from three land and go back to his elite midrange game we saw his second year.
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened.” - Al Horford
nitric0
RealGM
And1: 97

Post#673 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:14 pm by bentheredengthat

You can see the improvement in his long-range shot even better on this clip starting about 2:40 mark IMHO.

http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/v11_videodetail?PID=6cLLTB-KIdUWzIMWQEC_pAG_QmKWDiUs_ReeOCT
bentheredengthat
General Manager

Post#674 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 pm by bentheredengthat

nitric0 wrote:
bentheredengthat wrote:

I hope Derrick realizes how great of a midrange shooter he is. He needs to step it down a bit from three land and go back to his elite midrange game we saw his second year.

The year he really used that shot you could see how it demoralized the defense. Also, his midrange shot is soft enough that Jo and Carlos can get easy rebounds and tap ins off of the misses. The defenders are stuck in no mans land in between switching to help & boxing out.

And you said step it down a bit, which I think is the correct way to say it, but it should not be as a reaction to his learning curve to shoot the 3. I think some on the board have been overly critical of his work at incorporating a 3 into his game.
bentheredengthat
General Manager

Post#675 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:43 pm by SpinninHouse

Rose will probably average 50 ppg in his return. I expect to win the NBA championship this year by back-to-back sweeps of Miami and OKC.

:D
I've been on RealGM since you were wearing diapers.

#CHICAGOBULLS
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 676

Post#676 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:46 pm by Tenchi Ryu

Well its official....injury return GOD Adrian Peterson confirms he knows Rose will be back to MVP form...

Prepare your anus NBA...
Tenchi Ryu

RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#677 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 pm by DaGreatLewdini

Image Image
DaGreatLewdini

Senior
And1: 193
Location: From Chicago to Champaign, but still a South Side kid!

Post#678 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:09 pm by BullsGate

Hope D.Rose do not return in those stupid adizero shoes.
BullsGate

Assistant Coach
And1: 236

Post#679 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 pm by DaeDae

The daily Derrick Rose news was good on Wednesday, as the point guard had no setbacks from a Tuesday practice with “more contact.’’

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketba ... etter.html
Red Larrivee wrote:The Bulls have too many untouchables for a team without a second option.
DaeDae
Veteran
And1: 371

Post#680 Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Upd
Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:44 pm by BigUps

My biggest concern with Rose coming back is that when he doesn't take off two footed, he prefers launching off his left foot. I think he'll be fine cutting, but I'll be scared when he gains enough confidence to start launching off his left foot.

To me, the sign of Rose being "back" will be the first jam he has launching off his left foot.
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 666

PreviousNext

Return to Chicago Bulls