Image ImageImage Image

Love 4 Sale : He Loves us - He Loves us not

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Re: Love 4 Sale : He Loves us - He Loves us not 

Post#1621 » by Jordan45822 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:58 pm

@WindhorstESPN: Cavs officially signed Andrew Wiggins today to a deal starting at $5.5 million. He cannot be traded for 30 days.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#1622 » by Bandit King » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Jordan45822 wrote:@WindhorstESPN: Cavs officially signed Andrew Wiggins today to a deal starting at $5.5 million. He cannot be traded for 30 days.

On to thread 30!
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#1623 » by Rerisen » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:59 pm

RememberLu wrote:Love can't be a sieve on defense like Boozer was, no amount of Thibs magic pixie dust is going to cover up for that. Noah plays so much better with another solid rim protector out there like Taj, as much as I can see Love's game benefitting Noah on one end I'm worried it will frustrate him on the other end.

I think Noah would have been a lot less frustrated if Boozer put up 20 / 10 on .580 TS% like in Utah.

If he had I'd sure like to replay that Heat series.
Ice the knees
Veteran
And1: 618

Post#1624 » by Ice the knees » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:00 pm

"There's absolutely not one second of hesitancy. I'd trade for Kevin Love," Coach K said. "That's not saying anything bad about any of the other youngsters. Love's an All-Star and he's a double-double guy. But he's a double-double guy who can spread the court. There aren't many double-double guys who can spread the floor; he can go inside and outside. There may be a low post player that gets you a double double, but Love, you can do a lot of different things with him."

"We used to call him kind of a poor man's Larry Bird," Denver coach George Karl said. "I think you can take 'poor man's' off that comparison now. His ability to rebound is incredible and his offensive tools and skills are growing."

"He just has a gift," Timberwolves Assistant Coach Bill Bayno told The Huffington Post. "Whatever that is, he has an unbelievable nose for the ball that you can't teach."

"I really questioned his defense, coaching against him last year," said Bayno, who was then with the Portland Trail Blazers. "But he's such a coachable player, and it's really improved. He wants to be great. Because defenses are sagging and collapsing, we've also asked him to get his passing game up, and he's done that too."

Or as one Eastern Conference scout told HuffPost, "I believe the most impressive thing about Love has been his work ethic to get to the level where he is now."

****Just a quick google search pulled up these quotes. You have 2 hall of fame coaches and a guy that worked with Love every day TELLING YOU! how very good Kevin Love is. Couple that with both Lebron James and Thibs wanting him, it's pretty clear the kind of player Love is. Us Bulls fans love players with a strong work ethic...So anti Lovers, what do?
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1625 » by Rerisen » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Jordan45822 wrote:@WindhorstESPN: Cavs officially signed Andrew Wiggins today to a deal starting at $5.5 million. He cannot be traded for 30 days.

Now that he counts for 5.5m in salary, it might be easier for CLE to match contracts/ take back what Minny wants.

Unfortunately, nothing can officially happen for 30 days...
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,874

Post#1626 » by nomorezorro » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:00 pm

Rerisen wrote:
RememberLu wrote:Love can't be a sieve on defense like Boozer was, no amount of Thibs magic pixie dust is going to cover up for that. Noah plays so much better with another solid rim protector out there like Taj, as much as I can see Love's game benefitting Noah on one end I'm worried it will frustrate him on the other end.

I think Noah would have been a lot less frustrated if Boozer put up 20 / 10 on .580 TS% like in Utah.

what's the point of having a dpoy-calibre center if you have to have "another solid rim protector" playing next to him anyway
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#1627 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:01 pm

Makes it easier for Cavs to match salary now that Wiggins is signed.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1628 » by Rerisen » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:02 pm

nomorezorro wrote:
Rerisen wrote:

what's the point of having a dpoy-calibre center if you have to have "another solid rim protector" playing next to him anyway

Gasol isn't very good on defense himself anymore, so I'm not sure why all the comparisons about Boozer and Love are for, as if we are starting some monster twin towers on defense right now.
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#1629 » by Jordan45822 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:02 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/p ... asols-role

Nick Friedell on what Gasol's likely role IF Bulls get Kevin
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Post#1630 » by D_GoLow » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Pau is soft on defense but at least he has the length & post game that neither Boozer or Love offer.
This is not a moment, it's a movement
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,446

Post#1631 » by CBS7 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:03 pm

The amount of people disregarding Love's 26 ppg on significantly better efficiency then Derrick Rose ever has is ridiculous.

Sure, just keep saying he's a "loser", "poor defender", and "just an overrated shooter".
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#1632 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:03 pm

nomorezorro wrote:what's the point of having a dpoy-calibre center if you have to have "another solid rim protector" playing next to him anyway

Ideally you have as many 'rim protectors' as you can get. Despite Noah being an excellent 'rim-protector' where he really excels is in p'n'r and the versatility to guard out to the three point line.

I don't think anybody thins Noah 'needs' a irm protector next to him - but i think there are many who think its in the best interest of the team to have a PF/C tandem who can shut down the lane - especially in the 4th.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
FecesOfDeath
Head Coach
And1: 1,675

Post#1633 » by FecesOfDeath » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Love's supporting cast looks just as good as Aldridge's, if not better.

And, as I said before, before injuries derailed their season, the Timberwolves were Top 10 in offensive and defensive efficiency, but they were hovering around .500, while at the same time, the Blazers, with their top-rated offense and bottom-dwelling defense, were one of the big surprises of the NBA.

When games were tight in the fourth quarter, the Blazers knew they could throw the ball to Aldridge down low, and he'd produce points one-on-one, or he'd be doubled, which would open up opportunities for his teammates. The Wolves, on the other hand, did not have that luxury, as Love lacks an elite skill level in that part of his offensive game, and, therefore, he did not have to be doubled, which meant that the Wolves had a difficult time putting up points in clutch situations.

That alone was a big reason why the Wolves had such a horrible record in close games, and that's why I said that swapping places of Aldridge and Love would've put the Wolves in the playoffs and the Blazers on early vacation, and that's why I'm not supporting a trade for Love. When games are tight, the Bulls will be relying on Derrick primarily and Pau secondarily, and if the Bulls are relying on Pau, then there's no way Love will be on the court with him except maybe on the very last possession of a game, and that would be a monumental waste of Love's talent.

Love is a very, very good player, but if we were to rely on him as the secondary go-to player in clutch situations, then he's definitely not worth giving up Taj, Niko, and Doug. If Love were a SF, then I'd put him up there with the elite players in the NBA, but as a stretch 4 with a lacking postup game that doesn't command double teams, he's a third option star at best. He'd be a much better fit on the Cavs. I'm a fan of the trade offer if its only purpose is to drive up the price for the Cavs to get Love.
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach

Post#1634 » by D_GoLow » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Jordan45822 wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/19940/if-love-goes-to-bulls-whats-gasols-role

I wonder how he'd feel being the leader of the "bench mob."

We know he still wants to start.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1635 » by Rerisen » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:04 pm

D_GoLow wrote:Pau is soft on defense but at least he has the length & post game that neither Boozer or Love offer.

Love scored at better percentages than Gasol last year on post plays actually.
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach

Post#1636 » by D_GoLow » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:04 pm

CBS7 wrote:The amount of people disregarding Love's 26 ppg on significantly better efficiency then Derrick Rose ever has is ridiculous.

Sure, just keep saying he's a "loser", "poor defender", and "just an overrated shooter".

IF he comes to Chicago he will be loved, no worries.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#1637 » by panthermark » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Jordan45822 wrote:http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/19940/if-love-goes-to-bulls-whats-gasols-role

I can't get the ESPN from work.

What does (a little bit of it) say?

Something like...."It won't be enough....Gasol still remembers getting abused by Bron. Go Heat...errr...Cavs!"
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
DRoseCantStop
RealGM
And1: 3,371

Post#1638 » by DRoseCantStop » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:05 pm

Here we go.
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach

Post#1639 » by D_GoLow » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:06 pm

Rerisen wrote:
D_GoLow wrote:Pau is soft on defense but at least he has the length & post game that neither Boozer or Love offer.

Love scored at better percentages than Gasol last year on post plays actually.

Pringles was his coach.

You can't judge his play the past 2 seasons due to the system he played in.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1640 » by Rerisen » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:06 pm

D_GoLow wrote:

I wonder how he'd feel being the leader of the "bench mob."

We know he still wants to start.

I think he wants to win more than start. Thibs refuted that he is even starting above Taj right now (though he probably will).

Ultimately, he would play about the same minutes starting or off the bench though (about 30), so if the team is competing for a title, I think he would handle it fine and be a professional.

Return to Chicago Bulls