Image ImageImage Image

Rose: Too Big, Too Str...wait, just Too Big

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Re: Rose: Too Big, Too Str...wait, just Too Big 

Post#81 » by Bandit King » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:02 pm

How about Derricks Hair? I like it.
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,065

Post#82 » by NecessaryEvil » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:03 pm

DRoseCantStop wrote:Lol, I could care less about how he looks and more about how he plays.

Indeed

To D-Rose..
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#83 » by kingkirk » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:12 pm

There shouldn't be an issue with this at all so long as he is putting the same amount of effort into his core and lengths.

If he is just hitting his up body, then i would be concerned. After 2 missed seasons, i don't think any training staff would be that stupid to do something like that.

I am not worried about it.
WinCity
Banned User
And1: 1,688

Post#84 » by WinCity » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:16 pm

D_GoLow wrote:
sco wrote:Image

Just saw this. Gotta say, it has me a little worried. Glad he is in shape, but looks like the trainers thought that making him stronger was the goal. I am no doctor, but adding another 15 or so pounds of muscle doesn't seem like a recipe for knee preservation.

Someone wanna talk me off the ledge?

He looks like one of those players that retired & put on weight..

Needs to do more cardio..

Once he starts playing consistently the muscle weight will fall right off.

LOL What? He looks like he probably has a six pack. I dont see weight gain like old MJ or Barkley here. He just looks jacked.
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM
And1: 6,426

Post#85 » by Tenchi Ryu » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:38 pm

Bandit King wrote:How about Derricks Hair? I like it.

Not feeling the hair at all. Lil dudes at my Bro's highschool doing this garbage where they get the sides touched up then put water on the middle to bring out the kinks. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

Don't know who on earth thought that ish was cool, I remember when Chris Webb start doing that on NBA TV, I was like "WTF is his hair designer greenlighting him to come on TV with".

Folks acting like they scared of using a damn pick.

Now that's a nice lil fro.

Or get real OG on em and bust out the S-Curl
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
Gmoney3
Bench Warmer
And1: 445

Post#86 » by Gmoney3 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:42 pm

panthermark wrote:I've been meaning to start a thread on this.

It seems like the guys have have had the best luck returning from ACL tears are the super thin guys. I often forget that Jamal Crawford ever tore his.....same with Corey Brewer.

There have been a few larger guys that have done it....but even in football...they want you to lose weight....at least early on.

Baron Davis and Adrian Peterson are two thick built guys who came back to extremely high levels.
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,311

Post#87 » by d boy gentleman » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:04 am

DSand wrote:I didn't see this posted anywhere.

Rose gettin up high for a dunk at Team USA practice

http://instagram.com/p/rAhSz3Rh3R/

up just saw it pposted in the other Rose thread

Patented back scratcher dunk. That's all I need to see, my body is ready...
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#88 » by bledredwine » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:28 am

What guys? I don't get it.

Putting on muscle significantly helps injury prevention.

It's proven to make even your bones stronger, not just your muscles. Since I started weight-lifting, my knee issues went away… it was bizarre.

Think about T-Mac - how injury prone he was. Rubio, Rondo, Penny, Brandon Roy, Lou Williams, Yao, young Grant Hill…. In contrast, think about how often Lebron gets injured, MJ after putting on muscle, Robinson, Ewing, Alonzo etc. Buff guys don't get as easily injured, period. Kevin Ware was skinny as could be.

Rose looks solid. And that muscle helps him keep his balance, stabilize, though it may be tougher to run fast, he will always have more protection from injury. Hell yeah you want more muscle. I bet the doctors/trainers were encouraging it.

Muscle = strength = not quite as agile but still explosive. It's a great thing. If anything, it makes his game less reckless.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
xgeek
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#89 » by xgeek » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:44 am

xgeek
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#90 » by xgeek » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:45 am

Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#91 » by Polynice4Pippen » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:47 am

xgeek wrote:

Thanks for posting. Nice to see after all this time.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#92 » by TheStig » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:48 am

D_GoLow wrote:

Just saw this. Gotta say, it has me a little worried. Glad he is in shape, but looks like the trainers thought that making him stronger was the goal. I am no doctor, but adding another 15 or so pounds of muscle doesn't seem like a recipe for knee preservation.

He looks like one of those players that retired & put on weight..

Needs to do more cardio..

Once he starts playing consistently the muscle weight will fall right off.

No, this is a retired athlete who put on weight.

Derrick is ripped. Once the season starts and he doesn't have time to lift as much and runs a ton, he will streamline a bit.
kurtatx
Starter
And1: 921

Post#93 » by kurtatx » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:58 am

Sounds like some people here need an anatomy lesson.

"Okay kids, when a male lifts weights, he gets bigger. When the season starts, he will burn a good deal of that muscle, but hopefully will be able to maintain a diet which prevents some muscle loss"
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,065

Post#94 » by NecessaryEvil » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:02 am

Tenchi Ryu wrote:
Bandit King wrote:How about Derricks Hair? I like it.

Not feeling the hair at all. Lil dudes at my Bro's highschool doing this garbage where they get the sides touched up then put water on the middle to bring out the kinks. :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

Don't know who on earth thought that ish was cool, I remember when Chris Webb start doing that on NBA TV, I was like "WTF is his hair designer greenlighting him to come on TV with".

Folks acting like they scared of using a damn pick.

Now that's a nice lil fro.

Or get real OG on em and bust out the S-Curl

LMAO, where are you from man?

who the hell is going to sport an 'o g s-curl' nowadays anyway?

D-Rose has a taper, and it's dope. He wants to be afrocentric and yet rock-starish & rugged at the same time. He looks like a grown man.

smh @ the thought of D-Rose rocking an s-curl...he's a baller, not a model
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM
And1: 6,426

Post#95 » by Tenchi Ryu » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:13 am

NecessaryEvil wrote:
who the hell is going to sport an 'o g s-curl' nowadays anyway?

Chris Brown was just rocking the S-Curl a few weeks ago

NecessaryEvil wrote:D-Rose has a taper, and it's dope.

Lol, no. DJ's taper is dope, Rose's taper is on that BS.

NecessaryEvil wrote:He wants to be afrocentric and yet rock-starish & rugged at the same time. He looks like a grown man.

He's failing. You can be afro-centric and still comb your head. Ain't nothing wrong with being natural. Don't mean you have to come out side looking like you fresh outta bed.
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#96 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:16 am

bledredwine wrote:What guys? I don't get it.

It's proven to make even your bones stronger, not just your muscles. Since I started weight-lifting, my knee issues went away… it was bizarre.

Think about T-Mac - how injury prone he was. Rubio, Rondo, Penny, Brandon Roy, Lou Williams, Yao, young Grant Hill…. In contrast, think about how often Lebron gets injured, MJ after putting on muscle, Robinson, Ewing, Alonzo etc. Buff guys don't get as easily injured, period. Kevin Ware was skinny as could be.

Rose looks solid. And that muscle helps him keep his balance, stabilize, though it may be tougher to run fast, he will always have more protection from injury. Hell yeah you want more muscle. I bet the doctors/trainers were encouraging it.

Muscle = strength = not quite as agile but still explosive. It's a great thing. If anything, it makes his game less reckless.

You can add Karl Malone to that list too.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#97 » by MrFortune3 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:20 am

Dude is ripped, hopefully no more injuries.
Alcatraz17
Sixth Man
And1: 994

Post#98 » by Alcatraz17 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:15 am

bledredwine wrote:What guys? I don't get it.

Is this post supposed to be a joke? And I am not trying to be disrespectful in anyway, but theres just too much stuff off here.

First, your comment that muscle significantly improves injuries prevention is incomplete and fails to be tied into context that relates to Derrick Rose. IT is true that and older women who has lower back pain will most likely benefit from lower back strengthening exercises. But to make such a general comment, esp in Drose case, is off.
Derrick didn't break his arm falling after taking a charge or his metatarsals going up for a jump. Yes resistance training increases BONE DENSITY. Butttt Derrick didn't break a bone..

Second, you group all the injured guards together, who's jobs involve cutting, stop n go, juking,etc. Meanwhile you give credit to Alonzo, Ewing and Davidn Robsinson for being "buff" and having the muscle to prevent injury? They are playing below the basket Lol
Yao Ming has foot problems due to the structure of his feet, and Lebron doesn't do the same cutting, he plows through. Whats your logic for Nate Robinsons injury? He's pound for pound one of the most muscular guys in the NBA. By your Logic he should never be injured...

This is not a hard concept. Strength, Size, Explosiveness are words that describe characteristics of muscle movement. Tendons are ligaments are materials that attach muscle to muscle and muscle to bone, adapting only to a certain extent when muscles become bigger, faster and stronger. This is not as big a deal for an offensive lineman or and nba center. But for a freakishly athletic guard who twists and turns and flies down the court, above defenders…takes off, lands, shoes gripping the floor, being knocked off balance in the air….this can pose a problem.

Look, like I wrote already on page 4, Derricks style of play is more of a concern than any muscle he may have put on. But it is not correct to think more muscle on his frame prevents injury, unless a weakness in his muscle system is present.

The higher you jump, the faster you land. You stronger you push, the more load is created. The quicker you cut, the more torque on your knees.

:D
Mattchoo
Rookie
And1: 107

Rose: Too Big, Too Str...wait, just Too Big 

Post#99 » by Mattchoo » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:22 am

CousinOfDeath wrote:More muscle= less strain on tendons.

More muscle in the upper body = more weight in the upper body = more strain on the legs/knees

I support the group that thinks he should remain thin.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ChiTownLegend85
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#100 » by ChiTownLegend85 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:44 am

Everyone,
DRose most likely does not look this big. I am a professional photographer, and anything closer to the lens will appear bigger. We can look at Thibs arms as well and they look pretty big. A wide angle lens also makes things appear wider in the edges (not really a factor for this pic though).

A better representation of how DRose looks like is the pic with Lilard right next to him. A normal/telephoto lens gets rid of a lot of distortion.

I will say Rose looks like he's in good shape though :lift:

Return to Chicago Bulls