Image ImageImage Image

Post game - Game 4: Cavs@Bulls Playoffs - We lost

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: Post game - Game 4: Cavs@Bulls Playoffs - We lost 

Post#61 » by boogydown » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:39 pm

dafunky1 wrote:Looking at the stats,Bulls outrebounded the Cavs,the shooting just sucked.It is what it is.By now ,everyone here knows the issues.When you shoot 37% and the other team shoots 54%,and that team has the best player in the world,its gonna happen

We're inconsistent.

That has been a common thing with us for quite sometime.
theagent
General Manager
And1: 508

Post#62 » by theagent » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:39 pm

boogydown wrote:Kirk will improve next year.

Why?

1). Contract year is coming up
2). A new coach needs to put him in the proper system as Skiles did.

The guy should be kept because he will be worth more soon. Even if he doesn't play that well, he will be an extremely useful expiring to trade in 2011.

With that said, the Bulls need to find a deadly 3PT threat at SG. Anthony Morrow or Mike Miller would work on this team with Hinrich coming off the bench.

As for Gibson/Johnson, I wouldn't feel bad if they were moved this offseason. The rest I don't see getting moved including Deng unless he is involved in a S&T.

shouldn't we have already learned our lessons from "rewarding" guy during contract years???
Blue Note
Starter
And1: 43

Post#63 » by Blue Note » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Two laws of LeBron:
1. You aren't going to stop LeBron from getting to the middle.
2. LeBron will always find the open man.

I know the play is to throw everything you've got at the guy, but his passing is too timely, too pinpoint, too good. Lu hasn't let him beat him off the dribble too often. Why not just play him straight up and stay at home on shooters?
"Just gotta stand in front of him," Butler said, as if it were simple.
j-smooth
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#64 » by j-smooth » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:40 pm

Wow... Outside of Rose and Noah this team is trash. JJ...:nonono:
Via iPhone (sorry if there are misspelled words or grammatical errors)
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#65 » by Red Larrivee » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:40 pm

windycity00 wrote:yes, because he isn't hiring competent people.

get lebron in foul trouble, not rocket science, but incompetent people don't think of these things.

Yes, why haven't other teams thought of this method. It'll totally neutralize him.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#66 » by boogydown » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:41 pm

sdeezy wrote:
deng13 wrote:
sdeezy wrote:Lebron is a scary mofo...i seriously have no idea what we are going to do with this guy for the next decade.

Dont worry we got deng to guard him.

:lol:

Even if we get Bosh or so, is anyone really confident that we can get past Lebron?

I said this in 07 after he had that monster game against the Pistons. lol, i was watching that game with my Dad, we didnt say a word to each other the entire OT when Lebron was getting bucket after bucket. After the game, dad just said "we're in trouble, no no we're f*cked"..lmao. That was one of the few times i heard my dad curse.

Yes.

We will have a new coach + Bosh + another legit guard + a drafted guard.

I feel quite confident moving forward.

Even if we aren't better than Cleveland next year, Hinrich will be expire the following year so we have an expiring to move for another legit player.
SolidSnake
Banned User

Post#67 » by SolidSnake » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:41 pm

We need to sign Lebron otherwise we'll be stuck facing him in the playoffs for the next 8-10 years.
deng13
Junior
And1: 0

Post#68 » by deng13 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:42 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:

get lebron in foul trouble, not rocket science, but incompetent people don't think of these things.

Yes, why haven't other teams thought of this method. It'll totally neutralize him.

I dont think we have anyone to get him in foul trouble. Deng doesnt have good enough handles or moves to go at him. JJ just sucks. Only a carmelo or durant type can get him in foul trouble.
gocubs2118
Pro Prospect
And1: 12

Post#69 » by gocubs2118 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:42 pm

windycity00 wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:A loss to LeBron is causing conspiracy theories about Reinsdorf.

Seriously?

yes, because he isn't hiring competent people.

You make it sound so easy.
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#70 » by sdeezy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Blue Note wrote:Two laws of LeBron:

I know the play is to throw everything you've got at the guy, but his passing is too timely, too pinpoint, too good. Lu hasn't let him beat him off the dribble too often. Why not just play him straight up and stay at home on shooters?

Because he will foul out your entire frontline. This guy in his current form can single handedly beat a team. I would rather have him passing the ball out to wide open shooters to be honest. Anthony Parker or Antawn Jamison shooting an open jumper is cozier than Lebron bullying his way to the rim. No one can stay in front of Lebron.
montestewart wrote:Blatche and McGee standing next to Boozer and Thomas reminded me of first-time offenders meeting real cons in a "scared straight" program.
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#71 » by Polynice4Pippen » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:44 pm

SolidSnake wrote:We need to sign Lebron otherwise we'll be stuck facing him in the playoffs for the next 8-10 years.

Or we can just sign Bosh and Johnson and have a better team than he does, like Orlando did last year. LeBron's supporting cast just isn't strong enough, or even young enough, for them to start any sort of dynasty. But LeBron will always give them a punchers chance at a title.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
SolidSnake
Banned User

Post#72 » by SolidSnake » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:45 pm

All we can hope for is Rose to have a monster game and challenge Lebron in Game 5.

Also for Noah to continue his hard work.
Wharton Alum 08
Sixth Man
And1: 335

Post#73 » by Wharton Alum 08 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:45 pm

What else is messed up is that when asked what to do to win game 5 LeBron says "keep up intensity, defensive rebound and load up on Derrick Rose" Are the players on this team that offensively inept?
TheAdmiral
RealGM
And1: 1,213

Post#74 » by TheAdmiral » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:45 pm

sdeezy wrote:Because he will foul out your entire frontline.

Sadly this is true, but his FT shooting isn't that good so that kind of helps. He's got a pretty good supporting cast, so I'd rather let LeBron get his, and try to shut down the rest.
D-31 wrote:again..all of u Jordan fans are caught up in his scoring accolades and fail to realize that he was a lousy basketball player.

Jordan never fully understood basketball. He had the lowest basketball IQ of any NBA "superstar" in history.
bullybullz
Pro Prospect

Post#75 » by bullybullz » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:46 pm

Blue Note wrote:Two laws of LeBron:

+1 That's what I've been saying throughout this series. Let LeBron go 1-on-5 and if he beats you, well tip your hat off to him. Best chance for the Bulls to win is for LeBron to go off but shut down the rest of the Cavs(don't double LeBron unless it is crunchtime). Not LeBron going off while the supporting cast chipping in like this game.

Vinny's gameplan is dumb.

Also, in order for the Bulls to win they have to gameplan on outscoring the Cavs, not stop them from scoring. When the Bulls won Game 3, they scored a lot of points. This is where Flip Murray and Hakim Warrick come into play.

I don't understand Vinny playing Brad Miller when Shaq is not on the floor. That is a matchup nightmare. Again, another idiotic move by Vinny. Can't wait for Miller to leave this team as well as Vinny.
Get rid of Bum Gordon(DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!!!!) and Andres Sucioni(DONE!!)

Rerisen wrote:Gordon really good at acting like he is about to lose the ball to bait defenders into fouls. At least that's one way to look at it.
deng13
Junior

Post#76 » by deng13 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:46 pm

Exactly its not guaranteed that lebron will have this talented team every year. I am still not convinced that cavs can beat orlando this year. but all that foul trouble d12 gets into has got me thinking otherwise.
windycity00
Banned User

Post#77 » by windycity00 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:

a competent coach / gm would:

A) have the intelligence to think of it
B) figure out the ways to do it

i have seen no evidence that we are even trying to do this, therefore, i conclude our coach / gm is incompetent
BullDawg
Banned User

Post#78 » by BullDawg » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:47 pm

Polynice4Pippen wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:We need to sign Lebron otherwise we'll be stuck facing him in the playoffs for the next 8-10 years.

Or we can just sign Bosh and Johnson and have a better team than he does, like Orlando did last year. LeBron's supporting cast just isn't strong enough, or even young enough, for them to start any sort of dynasty. But LeBron will always give them a punchers chance at a title.

How do we sign Bosh AND Johnson? Maybe if we had dumped "Kurt" when he had some value...
SolidSnake
Banned User

Post#79 » by SolidSnake » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:48 pm

windycity00 wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:

a competent coach / gm would:

A) have the intelligence to think of it
B) figure out the ways to do it

i have seen no evidence that we are even trying to do this, therefore, i conclude our coach / gm is incompetent

I must agree Vinny was clueless in this game.
j-smooth
Sixth Man

Post#80 » by j-smooth » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:48 pm

We had no answer for Jamison!!! Forget lebron taj and deng (who were on jamison majority of the game) couldn't stop him! We need a 4 in the worse way. Terrible....... I hate Deng and Hinrich....and the whole bench! Keep Rose Noah and Miller!!! everyoe else can go **** themselves.
Via iPhone (sorry if there are misspelled words or grammatical errors)

Return to Chicago Bulls