Image ImageImage Image

KC Johnson says 5 or 6 seed for Bulls

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,400

Re: KC Johnson says 5 or 6 seed for Bulls 

Post#61 » by Indomitable » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:42 am

sleepyhead wrote:I thought I would bump this thread from the summer of 2010

The ROY wrote:
sleepyhead wrote:Wow, you guys (and especially KC) are underrating Derrick Rose.

We will be a #1 seed next year.

Believe it!

:lol: :lol:

Yeah :lol:

Only the joke is on you now.

you missed MVP.

but bust that gimme the powerball numbers
:banghead:
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,494

Post#62 » by dice » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:45 am

even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#63 » by kyrv » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:49 am

There were some pretty funny Bucks/Bulls threads right before the season, some nice trolling from the fine Bucks fans that were explaining that it was a fact that the division race would be tight.
sleepyhead
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#64 » by sleepyhead » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:01 am

dice wrote:even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then

Not really. People have been underrating Derrick Rose ever since he entered the NBA and they still do.

After Derrick's rookie season, I mentioned that Derrick has GOAT potential and as you can imagine I was laughed at. I have proof for this too (from 2009), but I will save it for another day: I will wait for the "Is Derrick Rose the greatest of all time" thread that will pop up in a few years.

I knew that Derrick Rose had GOAT potential as soon as he played a few games in the league and gave a few interviews. He had all of the physical tools, but the most important one was his MINDSET. 99.9% of people vastly underrate the power of the brain/mind. Derrick has one in a million type athleticism combined with one in a million type mindset. That is what makes him so special and result will be phenomenal.

Derrick is only scratching the surface of what he can be, I can't wait to see for what's to come. I never had any doubts in him. Since the third year is the break-out year for most (Durant, Chris Paul, etc.), it was pretty obvious to me that Derrick's third year would be awesome.

I have no doubt that championships are on our way as long as Derrick is here.
sleepyhead
Bench Warmer

Post#65 » by sleepyhead » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:02 am

kyrv wrote:There were some pretty funny Bucks/Bulls threads right before the season, some nice trolling from the fine Bucks fans that were explaining that it was a fact that the division race would be tight.

There is a 20 page "Beware of the Bucks" thread from last summer too. In it on page 4 I wrote that "The Bucks will suck" this season...
FecesOfDeath
Head Coach
And1: 1,675

Post#66 » by FecesOfDeath » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:02 am

Complete pwnage by sleepyhead.

The ROY was always a pessimist Bulls fan.
JayT44
Pro Prospect
And1: 67

Post#67 » by JayT44 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:03 am

The ROY wrote:
sleepyhead wrote:Wow, you guys (and especially KC) are underrating Derrick Rose.

We will be a #1 seed next year.

Believe it!

:lol: :lol:

anorexorcism
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#68 » by anorexorcism » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:03 am

I didn't post in the thread here when this news came out, but I angrily went and made a fanshot over at blogabull and entitled it "KC 'Debbie Downer' Johnson...bulls a 5 or 6 seed" with a rant for emphasis. It's been a running joke for years, especially around the deadline, that KC loves to get Bulls fans' hopes down. This just pissed me off even more.

SUCK IT, KC. SUCK IT.

http://www.blogabull.com/2010/7/9/15620 ... -bulls-a-5

my thoughts at the time, in true angry anorexorcist/ism fashion:

Jeez, ESPN is calling us the 5th best team in the league, all the national media and fans outside of Miami are complimenting our moves, and KC of course does what he does best, which is swoop in and piss in our cheerios. Every time we get hope or good news about anything, this clown comes through like it's his job to shoot it down. Go away, mouthpiece! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH Does he not understand the Central Division is the Bulls' for the taking???

8-)
FecesOfDeath
Head Coach

Post#69 » by FecesOfDeath » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:07 am

sleepyhead wrote:

Not really. People have been underrating Derrick Rose ever since he entered the NBA and they still do.

After Derrick's rookie season, I mentioned that Derrick has GOAT potential and as you can imagine I was laughed at. I have proof for this too (from 2009), but I will save it for another day: I will wait for the "Is Derrick Rose the greatest of all time" thread that will pop up in a few years.

I knew that Derrick Rose had GOAT potential as soon as he played a few games in the league and gave a few interviews. He had all of the physical tools, but the most important one was his MINDSET. 99.9% of people vastly underrate the power of the brain/mind. Derrick has one in a million type athleticism combined with one in a million type mindset. That is what makes him so special and result will be phenomenal.

Derrick is only scratching the surface of what he can be, I can't wait to see for what's to come. I never had any doubts in him. Since the third year is the break-out year for most (Durant, Chris Paul, etc.), it was pretty obvious to me that Derrick's third year would be awesome.

I have no doubt that championships are on our way as long as Derrick is here.

I can't gloat about any forecasts, but I saw superstar material in Rose the first time I saw him make a layup with his left hand like it was nothing in his rookie year. That kind of ambidexterity at his age is unheard of and was a great indicator that he is a hard worker and not just someone who got by on physical gifts alone.
RoseAbove
Junior
And1: 7

Post#70 » by RoseAbove » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:46 am

FecesOfDeath wrote:I can't gloat about any forecasts, but I saw superstar material in Rose the first time I saw him make a layup with his left hand like it was nothing in his rookie year. That kind of ambidexterity at his age is unheard of and was a great indicator that he is a hard worker and not just someone who got by on physical gifts alone.

:lol:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:If you combine the sheer athletic ability of Lebron with the heart and determination of Jordan you end up with Ditka.

bruta1 wrote:Rose was aw shucks in his post game interview, but that alley oop was a big **** you in New York's face.
FecesOfDeath
Head Coach

Post#71 » by FecesOfDeath » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:59 am

RoseAbove wrote:
FecesOfDeath wrote:I can't gloat about any forecasts, but I saw superstar material in Rose the first time I saw him make a layup with his left hand like it was nothing in his rookie year. That kind of ambidexterity at his age is unheard of and was a great indicator that he is a hard worker and not just someone who got by on physical gifts alone.

:lol:

I have no idea what you're laughing at.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,494

Post#72 » by dice » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:59 am

sleepyhead wrote:

After Derrick's rookie season, I mentioned that Derrick has GOAT potential and as you can imagine I was laughed at

i'm still laughing. it's ridiculous even after winning mvp that he could ever sniff the GOAT discussion

but guess what? i won't be bumping this thread when this becomes apparent to you several years down the road

by the way, the team's success is due to much more than derrick rose. your argument did not forecast any of that
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
-Illmatic-
Head Coach
And1: 97

Post#73 » by -Illmatic- » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:11 am

dice wrote:
sleepyhead wrote:

After Derrick's rookie season, I mentioned that Derrick has GOAT potential and as you can imagine I was laughed at

i'm still laughing. it's ridiculous even after winning mvp that he could ever sniff the GOAT discussion

but guess what? i won't be bumping this thread when this becomes apparent to you several years down the road

by the way, the team's success is due to much more than derrick rose. your argument did not forecast any of that

Just stop. Give the man his props and move along. We're all on the same team here.
chadrucf
RealGM
And1: 5,015

Post#74 » by chadrucf » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:06 am

Being right doesn't make it a good prediction.
chadrucf
RealGM
And1: 5,015

Post#75 » by chadrucf » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:08 am

sleepyhead wrote:
kyrv wrote:There were some pretty funny Bucks/Bulls threads right before the season, some nice trolling from the fine Bucks fans that were explaining that it was a fact that the division race would be tight.

There is a 20 page "Beware of the Bucks" thread from last summer too. In it on page 4 I wrote that "The Bucks will suck" this season...

So basically you are boasting about how you trolled that thread...?
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,373

Post#76 » by Hangtime84 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:59 am

+ Sleepyhead so far this season on team success
-Sleeplyhead on TAJ this season
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
sleepyhead
Bench Warmer

Post#77 » by sleepyhead » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:26 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:+ Sleepyhead so far this season on team success
-Sleeplyhead on TAJ this season

I have to admit that I am starting to come around on Taj lately. He is a good player, but does make boneheaded plays (like fouling a three point shooter) that I have learned to live with.

My only problem with him now is that he loses his confidence too easy on the offensive end, especially after missing a few jump shots. Once he gets that killer instinct on offense, he will be a very good player.

He is a great hustle player, and at that salary I am glad to have him on the Bulls.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#78 » by sco » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:52 pm

Nice call sleepyhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am biting my tongue on Taj...I get drawn in to extolling his praises too easily, but....
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls