Image ImageImage Image

KC Johnson says 5 or 6 seed for Bulls

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

sleepyhead
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Re: KC Johnson says 5 or 6 seed for Bulls 

Post#21 » by sleepyhead » Fri Jul 9, 2010 11:25 pm

Wow, you guys (and especially KC) are underrating Derrick Rose.

We will be a #1 seed next year.

Believe it!
The ROY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#22 » by The ROY » Fri Jul 9, 2010 11:26 pm

sleepyhead wrote:Wow, you guys (and especially KC) are underrating Derrick Rose.

Believe it!

:lol: :lol:
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#23 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri Jul 9, 2010 11:28 pm

sleepyhead wrote:Wow, you guys (and especially KC) are underrating Derrick Rose.

Believe it!

nice man.
Hold That
RealGM
And1: 737

Post#24 » by Hold That » Fri Jul 9, 2010 11:28 pm

Stick to leaking Bulls info K.C.. There's no way in hell we dont win the Central by a landslide. I think the Bulls record will be 55-27
The ROY
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#25 » by The ROY » Fri Jul 9, 2010 11:29 pm

Poohdini wrote:Stick to leaking Bulls info K.C.. There's no way in hell we dont win the Central by a landslide.

Scott Skiles might disagree with that......Milwaukee was very good even without Andrew Bogut...

It's between us and them next year
DRose4MVP
General Manager
And1: 214

Post#26 » by DRose4MVP » Fri Jul 9, 2010 11:34 pm

I dont care what McLovin thinks.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/r_shinn
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#27 » by Shill » Fri Jul 9, 2010 11:40 pm

The Bucks will be tough.

C Bogut
PF Gooden
SF Maggette
SG Salmons
PG Jennings

Plus Delfino and CDR off the bench.

That's a solid team, especially with Skiles's defense.

As currently constituted, we are NOT a lock to win the Central. Gotta make a couple more moves.

That being said, I think we will win the central.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
sdeezy
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#28 » by sdeezy » Fri Jul 9, 2010 11:41 pm

Bucks are a pretty deep team. If Bogut comes back 100%, its not going to be a cakewalk to the central title
KeithBoothfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 198

Post#29 » by KeithBoothfan » Fri Jul 9, 2010 11:51 pm

Unless we find our answer at SG, I think it'll be a fight between the Bulls and Bucks for the Central, but we'll win out with 52ish wins to their 48-50. If we do get a SG in here without making a lateral move to get him, we'll crack 55 wins and win the division easy, and be behind only the Heat and Magic in W/L record, if I had to predict. 3 seed, epic battle in round 2 with whoever we see there (probably Orlando). Boston (if healthy) and the 3 Cowards have a similiarly exciting slugfest in the other East semifinal.
Can I borrow a feeling?

Care for a ViciousFlogging? I'm your guy!
The 6ft Hurdle
Lead Assistant
And1: 493

Post#30 » by The 6ft Hurdle » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:01 am

5th or 6th seed is about right.

1. Miami
2. Orlando
3. Atlanta
4. Boston
5. Chicago
6. Milwaukee
7. Charlotte
8. Detroit

Atlanta kept the same team together.

Boston just got a year older, but that doesn't mean they're not competitive still. They'll be there...I think they'll show signs of breaking down after the playoffs.

We've made moves but we were the 8th seed last year in a weak conference. We didn't make it in convincingly, we didn't put up any fight against Lebron's now-decimated team. A lot of our improving was supposed to be through free agency and all we did was sign Boozer and Kyle Korver.

Though were riding high in our hate for the Heat and getting all these signings, I have a hard time believing that this team will believe it could compete with the likes of a Boston team in the playoffs.

I think positions 7-12 are likely to be switchable.

9. New York
10. Philly
11.Washington
12.Toronto
13.Indiana
14.New Jersey
15.Cleveland

I'll say 46 wins.
TLDR: Current Pulse Readings (9/2/22)
Bulls: :pray:
UCLA Basketball: :dontknow:
UCLA Football: Chip Kelly magic time
Cubs: Uh, 2016
Blackhawks: Uh, 2015
Bears: Poor Justin Fields
FC Barcelona: Economic levers :dontknow: :cheesygrin:
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,204

Post#31 » by coldfish » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:04 am

Bucks are going to be a good team. Don't sleep on them. I do think that KC is sipping haterade here though, unless he thinks the Bulls are done with their money. IMO, 3 to 7. 7 happens with Deng and Boozer missing games.
illiance
RealGM
And1: 507

Post#32 » by illiance » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:15 am

Seeing as we are winning the division, probably with ease, that's an auto 4th seed. Silly KC.
KeithBoothfan
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by KeithBoothfan » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:15 am

The 6ft Hurdle wrote:5th or 6th seed is about right.

1. Miami
2. Orlando
3. Atlanta
4. Boston
5. Chicago
6. Milwaukee
7. Charlotte
8. Detroit

Atlanta kept the same team together.

Boston just got a year older, but that doesn't mean they're not competitive still. They'll be there...I think they'll show signs of breaking down after the playoffs.

We've made moves but we were the 8th seed last year in a weak conference. We didn't make it in convincingly, we didn't put up any fight against Lebron's now-decimated team. A lot of our improving was supposed to be through free agency and all we did was sign Boozer and Kyle Korver.

Though were riding high in our hate for the Heat and getting all these signings, I have a hard time believing that this team will believe it could compete with the likes of a Boston team in the playoffs.

I think positions 7-12 are likely to be switchable.

9. New York
10. Philly
11.Washington
12.Toronto
13.Indiana
14.New Jersey
15.Cleveland

I'll say 46 wins.

I know it's just like...your opinion, man, but here's where I differ.

Atlanta is bringing a team that has peaked and isn't getting any better back. JJ isn't getting better, Bibby is getting worse, Josh Smith is what he is at this point (IMO). I'm a Horford fan and he probably isn't done improving, but he hasn't gotten as good as fast as I thought he would.

I think our new squad can beat them out. Keep in mind they almost certainly won't win a division they share with Miami AND Orlando unless both those teams suffer tragic plane crashes. So if we win our far less challenging division, we'll have the better seed at the very least.

I think Boston will still probably be better than us in the playoffs, but I expect them to take the same precautions with minutes and wear and tear as they did in the 2nd half of this year, except even more so. They could easily coast to 45 or so wins or and save their last big run as a unit for the playoffs.

And I personally think Boozer and Korver (and probably another addition or two to come) will make us substantially better than last year - where we won 41 games despite a wave of injuries, no post presence and no outside shooting to speak of. The injuries are an obvious concern with Deng and Boozer, but we have an inside game and at least one good shooter now. We're rounding into a balanced team.

We shall see though. The chemistry might not work, there could be injuries, etc.
Can I borrow a feeling?

illiance
RealGM
And1: 507

Post#34 » by illiance » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:18 am

Shill4Tyrus24 wrote:The Bucks will be tough.

C Bogut
PF Gooden
SF Maggette
SG Salmons
PG Jennings

Plus Delfino and CDR off the bench.

That's a solid team, especially with Skiles's defense.

As currently constituted, we are NOT a lock to win the Central. Gotta make a couple more moves.

That being said, I think we will win the central.

lol. That's what our competition is? They have Drew Gooden has a starter. That should be enough to ignore them. Plus Salmons is only good when he gets traded at the deadline. Jennings is very average, Maggette has never played for a winner, CDR sucks. Anyways, I'm not concerned.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,885

Post#35 » by MAQ » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:20 am

Dr Genius wrote:KC Johnson is the typical Cubs fan who settles for mediocrity.

This "typical Cubs fan" bull is starting to become REALLY annoying.
The 6ft Hurdle
Lead Assistant
And1: 493

Post#36 » by The 6ft Hurdle » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:33 am

KeithBoothfan wrote:
I know it's just like...your opinion, man, but here's where I differ.

Atlanta is bringing a team that has peaked and isn't getting any better back. JJ isn't getting better, Bibby is getting worse, Josh Smith is what he is at this point (IMO). I'm a Horford fan and he probably isn't done improving, but he hasn't gotten as good as fast as I thought he would.

I think our new squad can beat them out. Keep in mind they almost certainly won't win a division they share with Miami AND Orlando unless both those teams suffer tragic plane crashes. So if we win our far less challenging division, we'll have the better seed at the very least.

I think Boston will still probably be better than us in the playoffs, but I expect them to take the same precautions with minutes and wear and tear as they did in the 2nd half of this year, except even more so. They could easily coast to 45 or so wins or and save their last big run as a unit for the playoffs.

And I personally think Boozer and Korver (and probably another addition or two to come) will make us substantially better than last year - where we won 41 games despite a wave of injuries, no post presence and no outside shooting to speak of. The injuries are an obvious concern with Deng and Boozer, but we have an inside game and at least one good shooter now. We're rounding into a balanced team.

We shall see though. The chemistry might not work, there could be injuries, etc.

I think Atlanta may have reached "their peak", but as limited as they are in reaching the championship, I think that they could still beat this Bulls team with their depth, particularly the dazzling shooting guard combo.

We might've had a wave of injuries last year, but we also had a little more depth, particularly with Salmons and Hinrich to make up for injuries. We kinda stumbled towards the end in that little playoff "run" we made without Salmons.

I don't know what injuries could occur, no one can predict that at all, so were making predictions as if everything is going to go as is. I still think the team has some major growing to do, and is missing another weapon, particularly an offensively well-rounded 3-point shooter and perimeter defenders.
TLDR: Current Pulse Readings (9/2/22)
Bulls: :pray:
UCLA Basketball: :dontknow:
UCLA Football: Chip Kelly magic time
Cubs: Uh, 2016
Blackhawks: Uh, 2015
Bears: Poor Justin Fields
FC Barcelona: Economic levers :dontknow: :cheesygrin:
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#37 » by JordansBulls » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:34 am

Chi-TownBalla08 wrote:What if we win the division isn't that top 4 seed regardless?

Yes it is a 4 seed regardless but we still have to have the better record than the 5th seed to get HCA.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#38 » by Jvaughn » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:37 am

Guess he forgot the only team we're competing with in the central division is Milwaukee, and we're definitely better than them.
KeithBoothfan
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by KeithBoothfan » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:39 am

The 6ft Hurdle wrote:I think Atlanta may have reached "their peak", but as limited as they are in reaching the championship, I think that they could still beat this Bulls team with their depth, particularly the dazzling shooting guard combo.

We might've had a wave of injuries last year, but we also had a little more depth, particularly with Salmons and Hinrich to make up for injuries. We kinda stumbled towards the end in that little playoff "run" we made without Salmons.

I don't know what injuries could occur, no one can predict that at all, so were making predictions as if everything is going to go as is. I still think the team has some major growing to do, and is missing another weapon, particularly an offensively well-rounded 3-point shooter and perimeter defenders.

Agree on your analysis. I just think even with those warts we'll be better than the Hawks. I think they know they're going nowhere and are destined to be an above average team that never wins anything of consequence, while the Bulls, at least for a year or two, will be thinking that they're building towards being a contender. That extra motivation could be important, even if it proves illusory in the longer term. But that's just another of my wacky theories.
Can I borrow a feeling?

2010Freeagency
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#40 » by 2010Freeagency » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:39 am

Who needs LBJ when we have a super team teaming up here in CHITOWN!!! I say we kick ass next year and send DWade and his troops home to Miami!!!
LBJ can go screw himself in Miami

Return to Chicago Bulls