Image ImageImage Image

Deng to GS PG.13 / PG.43 Bulls Say Otherwise

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Future Coach
Assistant Coach
And1: 467

Re: ESPN:Deng Believes Bulls May Trade Him//Pg.13 Deng to GS 

Post#421 » by Future Coach » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:46 am

Utah is still killing in that trade. Take on one bad contract, swap Harris for CJ, and get 3 1st round picks as well. That's too good to be true. Why aren't other teams lining up to take on Beans/Jefferson for 3 1st rounders?

From the Bulls perspective, that's 1 pick too many for me to like giving up, unless we got multiple 2nd rounders coming back. Even then I'm still a little uneasy, but I understand the trade.

Who's the target at #7 though? Does this trade fall through if a particular player (or 2) isn't there?
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#422 » by theanimal23 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:47 am

I'm gonna be disappointed if it's not Lamb if we get #7
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#423 » by BullsFTW » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:47 am

RoseTheFuture22 wrote:I want no part of Biedrins, especially since we know Barnes will be gone by 7 now. I don't think Lamb is worth the gamble he seems just like Nick Young with slightly better D.

i think j. lamb plays a lot smoother than nick young. if the huskies performed to what they're capable of, lamb would had been a top 3 pick.
imagge
Lead Assistant
And1: 687

Post#424 » by imagge » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:48 am

If this deal can get done why wait until draft night.......shouldn't the Bulls want a chance to bring in potential draftees at #7. I would assume they have not worked out or really interview those that will be there at #7.
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#425 » by othawhitemeat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:50 am

[quote="Simpleton"]I like Lamb alot and would be fine if he was the pick after a trade up but Ross is basically just as good a shooter from deep and he's more explosive off the dribble. He isn't great defensively but not many college players are and with his athleticism I think Thibodeau would have alot to work with in that regard.

I like both of them and would be fine with either if we were to trade into the top 10 but I'm starting to lean towards Ross.[/quote]

Lamb is more of a natural scorer and what I mean by that is the IQ comes more natural to him offensively. Ross is a better athlete, but Lamb is pretty creative IQ wise - it is just that can he play hard all the time. He is a cold-blooded killer though in that he is not afraid of the big shot.

I imagine if we trade up for 7 I wonder if we try and flip that to Charlotte for pick 2 with their pick back?
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#426 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:50 am

Ralphb07 wrote:I think it all depended on the deals. What I mean is if the players were good players that fit and the Bulls could use, saving money this year wasn't an issue. What's an issue is getting non useable guys.

We're getting 35 and 52 back. What's the total salary of Rose, Hamilton, Harris, Wright, Butler, Boozer, Gibson, Noah, 7,35 and 42? That's 11 guys without Omer. They'd either sign Omer and roster is set or not and get someone cheaper maybe

It'd be around 67M.
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,519

Post#427 » by dice » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:52 am

if thibs can make harris's and wright's D respectable it becomes even better for us...
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
BullsFTW
Head Coach

Post#428 » by BullsFTW » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:53 am

imagge wrote:If this deal can get done why wait until draft night.......shouldn't the Bulls want a chance to bring in potential draftees at #7. I would assume they have not worked out or really interview those that will be there at #7.

maybe not publicly, but maybe privately. also, they could have done their evaluations really early.
BullsFTW
Head Coach

Post#429 » by BullsFTW » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:54 am

@ralph:

what are the chance this 3 way deal gets done?
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#430 » by Ralphb07 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:54 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:I think it all depended on the deals. What I mean is if the players were good players that fit and the Bulls could use, saving money this year wasn't an issue. What's an issue is getting non useable guys.

We're getting 35 and 52 back. What's the total salary of Rose, Hamilton, Harris, Wright, Butler, Boozer, Gibson, Noah, 7,35 and 42? That's 11 guys without Omer. They'd either sign Omer and roster is set or not and get someone cheaper maybe

It'd be around 67M.

So we'd be at 67 mil and they wait and see what happens with Asik. If Jerry says I'll pay they barely go over and keep Omer. If Jerry says no, they pick up a 2-3mil replacement and are under.

Regardless the Bulls are doing what you said months ago that they should. Clear Deng's contract for a pick, but they are getting guys in Harris and Wright which still help them win now.
The Bear Jew
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

Post#431 » by The Bear Jew » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:54 am

In the Chad Ford/Marc Stein report about the Rockets shopping Lowry and both their picks, it says that the Kings are likely to trade their pick.

The tipoff that the Kings are likely to deal the No. 5 pick between now and Thursday night, sources say, is the handful of players they’ve brought in who are expected to be drafted in the middle of the first round. Sources say two of those players in particular -- North Carolina’s John Henson and St. John’s Moe Harkless -- are high on the Kings’ draft board.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/46492/rockets-set-sights-on-moving-up-in-draft

Understandably, Bulls probably aren't likely suitors, as I imagine they're looking to trade down a few picks, not all the way to 29. Maybe if a 3rd team was involved.
Check out my articles on Chi City Sports. All Chicago sports, all the time. I am a reporter for the Illinois Basketball Team and also cover the Bulls. http://www.chicitysports.com/author/arik-wonsover/

Also follow us on twitter: @ChiCitySports23
Ralphb07
RealGM

Post#432 » by Ralphb07 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:55 am

BullsFTW wrote:@ralph:

I have no clue at all. I'm lucky to have gotten this tonight to be quite honest
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#433 » by boogydown » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:56 am

Per Gar, "Bulls won't do anything short term". Acquiring Harris I would think would be a long term thing. We'd possibly play him some minutes beside Rose.
BullsFTW
Head Coach

Post#434 » by BullsFTW » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:57 am

Ralphb07 wrote:

thanks. i appreciate you sharing your info btw.
BullsFTW
Head Coach

Post#435 » by BullsFTW » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:57 am

boogydown wrote:Per Gar, "Bulls won't do anything short term". Acquiring Harris I would think would be a long term thing. We'd possibly play him some minutes beside Rose.

for the right price off course
RoseTheFuture22
Veteran
And1: 404

Post#436 » by RoseTheFuture22 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:59 am

BullsFTW wrote:
RoseTheFuture22 wrote:I want no part of Biedrins, especially since we know Barnes will be gone by 7 now. I don't think Lamb is worth the gamble he seems just like Nick Young with slightly better D.

i think j. lamb plays a lot smoother than nick young. if the huskies performed to what they're capable of, lamb would had been a top 3 pick.

He might have been. Other than his floater game I don't really see what separates them though
Ralphb07
RealGM

Post#437 » by Ralphb07 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:59 am

BullsFTW wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:

thanks. i appreciate you sharing your info btw.

My feeling is Deng stays. I really don't see them dealing him. It's one of those things that I need to see it happen to actually believe it.
The Bear Jew
Pro Prospect
And1: 16

Post#438 » by The Bear Jew » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:59 am

Ralphb07 wrote:

More probable than the one brought up by Brendan Gallacher?
Check out my articles on Chi City Sports. All Chicago sports, all the time. I am a reporter for the Illinois Basketball Team and also cover the Bulls. http://www.chicitysports.com/author/arik-wonsover/

Also follow us on twitter: @ChiCitySports23
othawhitemeat
Veteran
And1: 757

Post#439 » by othawhitemeat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:00 am

[quote="BullsFTW"][quote="bullsnewdynasty"][quote="Ralphb07"]Sorry guys, I've been trying to get the details and it's still kind of shaky right now but here's what I got

Bulls get- Wright, Harris, #7 and 2nd rd pick or picks not fully sure on the 2nd rd stuff yet

Jazz get- Bieds, 29, 30, Bulls 2013 1st and another Bulls player (in the past I know Utah like Watson)

Warriors- Deng

Other things could be involved but this is what I got so far[/quote]

That would be a pretty solid deal, actually.

Rose/Harris
Rip/Lamb
Wright/JB
Booz/Taj
Noah/Omer

We stay under the tax too I believe.[/quote]

That's actually a good-looking roster. The deal will do wonders for the bulls because they get an expiring contract in harris who'll be our starter while rose is out, shooter in wright, and a scorer at #7 with lamb or even waiters. i like this deal a whole lot.[/quote]

It's a very good deal. Lamb/Waiters/Ross or if we trade up, all provide a good option to eventually be a legit low 2/high 3 option. Deng while good, is a low 3 type scorer. Wright while not as good as Deng is much better because of his contract, allows us to have shooting, good defense, and solid IQ. Then in 2 years or so Mirotic

Rose
Lamb?
Butler (improved O, great D)
Taj/Mirotic
Noah

Pretty balanced. Need a little scoring, but it is balanced with D and O. Rose/whomever/Mirotic are nice scoring options. Butler is high IQ/great D and Noah is Noah.
GloriaJames
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#440 » by GloriaJames » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:02 am

Man, I just want the draft to happen already. It's like waiting for Christmas when I was 10.

Return to Chicago Bulls