Image ImageImage Image

Deng to GS PG.13 / PG.43 Bulls Say Otherwise

boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: ESPN:Deng Believes Bulls May Trade Him//Pg.13 Deng to GS 

Post#341 » by boogydown » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:56 am

BullsFTW wrote:
boogydown wrote:No on moving the #29. Won't happen. They have that planned out.

Salmons, #5, #36 works but they want to get rid of Evans as well. They are even talking about playing Evans at SF next year. He doesn't fit in Sacramento.

Evans + Garcia + 5th (Barnes, hopefully he slips) for Deng + Taj + Future Draft Pick
#29: Select Drew Gordon

F Barnes/Butler
F Boozer/Gordon
C Noah/Asik
G Evans/Hamilton/Garcia
G Rose/Evans/Lucas

No on #29 but I could see that happening. Evans doesn't really fit. His value is shot.

Kings may want to swap Garcia for Salmons though. I'd still do it.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#342 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:56 am

Googjob wrote:I'd also add that I think a lot of you are overvaluing the Charlotte pick too. It's a nice pick to have in the back pocket, but it's a huge unknown. Yes the Bobcats are bad, but there is no guarantee they'll remain this bad in 4 years. I'd hate to hold back on improving the team a great deal for the 13th pick in the 2015 draft or something.

it is overvalued but with Charlotte being so inept currently and the Bulls having no reason to move the pick it adds to it's perceived value and as i said, should only be moved for a elite player.
Googjob
Sixth Man
And1: 361

Post#343 » by Googjob » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:58 am

There is no chance that the Bulls take on a contract as bad as Salmons. And Deng only has two years left on his deal, no reason Sacramento would give up all that for him and a random pick.
PJ Brown
Lead Assistant
And1: 84

Post#344 » by PJ Brown » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:58 am

Googjob wrote:I'd also add that I think a lot of you are overvaluing the Charlotte pick too. It's a nice pick to have in the back pocket, but it's a huge unknown. Yes the Bobcats are bad, but there is no guarantee they'll remain this bad in 4 years. I'd hate to hold back on improving the team a great deal for the 13th pick in the 2015 draft or something.

I've elaborated in other threads today, so I'll be brief, but I'm not opposed to moving the pick, just not as a "throw in" as proposed here just now. If you're already giving up Deng and not getting back anything else of real value, you probably shouldn't have to throw in another first round pick, yet alone one that has future lottery potential.
Irregular
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#345 » by Irregular » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:58 am

Deng you have been traded to the WARRIORS!

MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#346 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:58 am

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
boogydown wrote:What happened to John Salmons last year?

7.5 PPG - 41% FG - 29% 3PT FG - 27.2 MPG - 32 years old

It's the story of Salmons' career. He is only effective if he's used as a scoring option.

I would say that applies to Ben Gordon, as well.

this is true but Gordon had carved out the perfect role for himself and was a beast in scoring and was always clutch. the same isn't true for Salmons. he's got good abilities and can play well until he gets paid and put into a top 3 player role.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#347 » by Indomitable » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:59 am

musiqsoulchild wrote:
Googjob wrote:Howard does not want to play in Chicago. I don't know why you guys keep pushing that. You don't gut your team for a 1-year rental.

Were you smiling heartily to yourself as you typed that?

Thia has to do less with Dwight and more with Orlandos management.

He needs to sign before the trade
:banghead:
Shogun12
Rookie
And1: 170

Post#348 » by Shogun12 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:02 am

I actually really like this trade for us. I think the most underrated trade piece discussed in the proposed deal is Dorell Wright. I watched numerous Warriors' games this past season and it was clear after the first two months of the season that he was not a favorite of Mark Jackson's. However, he had some excellent ball games when he was healthy and actually got quality minutes. He absolutely torched the Heat in their only meeting of the season to the tune of 20 points and 10 rebounds, and in the only game in the latter half of the season where he was allowed to play heavy minutes, he put on a ridiculous display against the Clippers on the road.

Not only is Wright an outstanding three-point shooter, but he has excellent athleticism, which is something we desperately need. Ironically, his PER, which many around here seem to love to use at times, was actually better than Deng's last season! He shot a higher FG%, FT%, and 3-PT%. This on a team with very poor coaching, where his minutes would wildly vary from night to night. Yes, his defense isn't as good as Deng's, but let him work with Thibodeau and get 35 minutes a game, and I'm convinced he will make everyone on this board very happy.

As for the draft pick, there are 8 high quality players in this draft, in my opinion. I watch college basketball exceptionally closely, and think all 8 of these guys will make an impact immediately: Davis, MKG, Barnes, Beal, Lamb, Drummond, Robinson, & Sullinger. Drummond is the only one of the 8 that will not produce a good deal next season. The rest, I'm confident, will be starters or impact players by the all-star break on their respective new teams. I think Lamb is the one who will be there at #7 and would fill a huge need, as he's athletic and can score. He has plenty of college seasoning, as he was instrumental in UConn's unfathomable title run two years ago. I'd draft the best athlete with size available with our own draft pick, which very well may be Fab Melo. Sign Andre Miller to the MLE and bring in a few veterans like Anthony Parker and Tracy McGrady, and we can make a title push.

PG-Rose/Miller
SG-Hamilton/Lamb
SF-Wright/McGrady/Parker
PF-Boozer/Gibson
C-Noah/Biedrins/Melo
Googjob
Sixth Man

Post#349 » by Googjob » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:02 am

MrFortune3 wrote:it is overvalued but with Charlotte being so inept currently and the Bulls having no reason to move the pick it adds to it's perceived value and as i said, should only be moved for a elite player.

I sort of agree. I just think it's unlikely that Charlotte remains this bad for this long. It's more likely that the pick will end up being around 10 when it eventually hits and that could be years from now. All it takes is one mediocre season and the Bulls have it.

I like having it because it plays into the long term goals, but there are some that think this is somehow a guaranteed top 3 pick or something down the road. It should be treated like a mid-1st round pick.
Irregular
Banned User

Post#350 » by Irregular » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:03 am

Googjob wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:it is overvalued but with Charlotte being so inept currently and the Bulls having no reason to move the pick it adds to it's perceived value and as i said, should only be moved for a elite player.

I sort of agree. I just think it's unlikely that Charlotte remains this bad for this long. It's more likely that the pick will end up being around 10 when it eventually hits and that could be years from now. All it takes is one mediocre season and the Bulls have it.

I like having it because it plays into the long term goals, but there are some that think this is somehow a guaranteed top 3 pick or something down the road. It should be treated like a mid-1st round pick.

Cho has the Bobcats on the right path.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#351 » by musiqsoulchild » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:04 am

Nobull wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:
Googjob wrote:Howard does not want to play in Chicago. I don't know why you guys keep pushing that. You don't gut your team for a 1-year rental.

Were you smiling heartily to yourself as you typed that?

He needs to sign before the trade

Of course he needs to sign an extension.

Do you think Miami winning a chip in the same state as Dwights team pushes him to think more rationally in terms of going to the best team he can?

I think so.
For love, not money.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#352 » by Rerisen » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:07 am

Shogun12 wrote:I think Lamb is the one who will be there at #7 and would fill a huge need, as he's athletic and can score.

My ears perked up when Jim Calhoun noted they ran a lot of the same off ball stuff for Lamb as for Ray Allen and Ben Gordon at Uconn. He might provide the shooting and off ball threat that the Bulls mistakenly thought Rip Hamilton would provide, can see why the Bulls would be interested.

Personally, I would like someone that has more get to the basket ability in addition, but if complimenting Rose's game is paramount, as it seems to be for the Bulls (see Korver signing as well) then he could be their guy.
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#353 » by Ralphb07 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:09 am

Sorry guys, I've been trying to get the details and it's still kind of shaky right now but here's what I got

Bulls get- Wright, Harris, #7 and 2nd rd pick or picks not fully sure on the 2nd rd stuff yet

Jazz get- Bieds, 29, 30, Bulls 2013 1st and another Bulls player (in the past I know Utah like Watson)

Warriors- Deng

Other things could be involved but this is what I got so far
Simpleton
Sophomore
And1: 107

Post#354 » by Simpleton » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:09 am

I like Lamb alot and would be fine if he was the pick after a trade up but Ross is basically just as good a shooter from deep and he's more explosive off the dribble. He isn't great defensively but not many college players are and with his athleticism I think Thibodeau would have alot to work with in that regard.

I like both of them and would be fine with either if we were to trade into the top 10 but I'm starting to lean towards Ross.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#355 » by Indomitable » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:10 am

Rerisen wrote:
Shogun12 wrote:I think Lamb is the one who will be there at #7 and would fill a huge need, as he's athletic and can score.

My ears perked up when Jim Calhoun noted they ran a lot of the same off ball stuff for Lamb as for Ray Allen and Ben Gordon at Uconn. He might provide the shooting and off ball threat that the Bulls mistakenly thought Rip Hamilton would provide, can see why the Bulls would be interested.

Personally, I would like someone that has more get to the basket ability in addition, but if complimenting Rose's game is paramount, as it seems to be for the Bulls (see Korver signing as well) then he could be their guy.

Young Ray could get to the basket and create.
:banghead:
Shogun12
Rookie
And1: 170

Post#356 » by Shogun12 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:10 am

Dorell Wright is a must have in any trade for Luol Deng. I would be furious if we traded Deng to Golden State without getting Wright back. We are going to be desperate for shooting with Korver potentially leaving, and we need athleticism and scoring at the SF, which Jimmy Butler cannot provide.

Wright+#7+30+Biedrins for Deng is the deal I want to see. The Bulls could try to package 29+30 to move up to grab Sullinger if he slips down the board, or find the best athlete available in the late teens, early twenties of the draft.
kampz
Banned User

Post#357 » by kampz » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:11 am

What's the point? Every player in this draft stinks. Deng is wayyy above anyone of these guys we can get and will most likely stay that way. Someone come up with free agent scenarios please because I can't seem to be able to find anyone who would make us better then this past season. But I want Reke.
Judrix
Starter
And1: 201

Post#358 » by Judrix » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:11 am

damn I hope something goes down tomorrow or soon, I can't handle this crap.
Googjob
Sixth Man

Post#359 » by Googjob » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:11 am

musiqsoulchild wrote:Were you smiling heartily to yourself as you typed that?

No, it has everything to do with where Dwight wants to play down the road. He has made zero inclinations that he'd want to play in Chicago and if anything we've heard the opposite. Until Dwight says he'd sign in Chicago long term, these are just pipe dreams.
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#360 » by Jordan45822 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:12 am

Its good thing Harris is on his final year. Because it would be horrible trade if he wasn't.

Return to Chicago Bulls