Image ImageImage Image

Kirk Hinrich Thread: Bucks Offering Up To $4M/yr (PG.43)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

ballerkingn2
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Per ESPN: Bulls & Hinrich Close On Deal 

Post#541 » by ballerkingn2 » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:14 pm

NBADengTime wrote:
ballerkingn2 wrote:I don't get the love feast with Lee and bulls organization. He must be an out standing citizen,best at high fives,pats on the backs,and sweating hard in practice to give off that hard work look. Because when i see his game he does nothing special nor does he do anything I feel we need. So unless its at a discount I rather seek someone else.

But i'd take kirk he's at least a gritting in your face defender can play both guard spots and is a leader/while also being ok with whatever role given,and won't complain. And can shot it from deep. All things we can use somewhat as long as he's not ridden to the ground and played/payed to much i'd welcome him back with open arms.

Hmm...maybe you're not watching properly. I don't love Lee, but to say he doesn't do anything we need is a looooong stretch. Very good/gritty defense (Bulls need), stretches the floor with his 3 pt shooting (Bulls need), does what is asked of him, young,...

All he does that i can see is shooting the 3. Maybe he can defend pretty well,but again my last real memories of him was him stinking up the finals. Although it was his rookie year,but still all he is or going to be is another over paid role player. I see nothing special to warrant this crazy interest is all im saying. But if he comes at a good rate then cool,but anything over 5 is to much and not worth it. Rather chase mayo who i feel gives us more of what we need then lee.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,316

Re: Kirk Hinrich Thread: Offered $1.2M+; PG21 May Get MMLE+ 

Post#542 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:14 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:If they do indeed have a deal for Courtney Lee, I hope they have a deal in place to ship out Hamilton somewhere. Lee IMO is a 30 minute per game SG and there is no need to have Hamilton. I'd try and ship Hamilton out somewhere or put him as a 18-20 minute guy next year if we got Lee.

Lee would be on the floor for 30 minutes a night if it was up to me.

Why would they need to do that? We don't have a backup two-guard unless we bring Ronnie back. If you thereotically signed Lee, he would come off the bench behind Hamilton and start next season.

Hinrich would back up the 2 if we got both him and Lee.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#543 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:15 pm

Red Larrivee wrote:
Ralphb07 wrote:If they do indeed have a deal for Courtney Lee, I hope they have a deal in place to ship out Hamilton somewhere. Lee IMO is a 30 minute per game SG and there is no need to have Hamilton. I'd try and ship Hamilton out somewhere or put him as a 18-20 minute guy next year if we got Lee.

Why would they need to do that? We don't have a backup two-guard unless we bring Ronnie back. If you thereotically signed Lee, he would come off the bench behind Hamilton and start next season.

Word. Rip hasn't exactly been an iron-man, so we'll need a back up who can start and play big minutes while Rip enjoys his one last final season as an NBA starter.
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#544 » by kyrv » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:17 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:

Word. Rip hasn't exactly been an iron-man, so we'll need a back up who can start and play big minutes while Rip enjoys his one last final season as an NBA starter.

I agree but the only thing I would add, is that if they let Asik go (who would be a 5 mil hit) and keep Rip that would be disappointing. Then again we really don't know if Deng will miss time, they may need to run 3 guards in which case Kirk/Lee/Rip could get it done.

I'd be pretty giddy if they get Kirk and Lee, especially keeping Rip and Asik. Not my money but pay some darn tax.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,373

Re: Rumor: Bulls & Hinrich Close On Deal 

Post#545 » by DuckIII » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:18 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:I guess we can cross declining, inefficient combo guard off our list now.

We differ on many many ideas about what is best for the Bulls - but you've got some of the best one-liner/sarcastic posts around. Good stuff.

*And before anyone accuses me of accusing Red of breaking the Duck Rule, Red has too many high quality posts to even come close.

And to confirm your belief, it should be noted that Red's short, sarcastic response is actually succinct analysis.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#546 » by Ralphb07 » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:19 pm

Magilla_Gorilla wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:

I'm under the impression the Bulls are cheap and would need to get rid of a contract to add Lee. If not then yeah keep Hamilton. What I disagree on is Hamilton starting. I think if we get Lee, we should make him the starter day one and bring Hamilton off the bench.
PistolP
Analyst
And1: 335

Re: Kirk Hinrich Thread: MERGE. Update pg34 

Post#547 » by PistolP » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:21 pm

If we get Lee does that mean that Asik is gone? I can't imagine HOU agreeing to an S&T for Lee if we match on Asik.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#548 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:22 pm

Rip's gotta go if we get Lee and Kirk

Rose Teague
Lee Hinrich
Deng Butler
Booz Taj
Noah Asik

That would be nice. Kirk get's plenty of minutes early on with Rose out, and continues to do so if Teague isn't ready this year.
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,122

Post#549 » by BahamaBull » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:23 pm

No way we are getting rid of Rip. This team needs scorers more than ever since Rose went down. Like it or not a healthy Rip can still put the ball in the basket.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#550 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:25 pm

dingdeng wrote:No way we are getting rid of Rip. This team needs scorers more than ever since Rose went down. Like or not a healthy Rip can still put the ball in the basket.

You said healthy Rip. Therein lies the problem.
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#551 » by Jordan45822 » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:26 pm

can Bulls even afford Lee, Hinrich, and Asik?
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM

Post#552 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:28 pm

PistolP wrote:If we get Lee does that mean that Asik is gone? I can't imagine HOU agreeing to an S&T for Lee if we match on Asik.

If they are parting ways with lee, and they can get an asset in return for him - why wouldn't they? I understand there is a bit of gamesmanship involved - but i bet Morey would rather have something than nothing.

I should also add that I half expect Morey is signing these RFA's simply because he knows the teams will match, and it will give him an excuse to go into full on tank suck mode. I'm talking Bobcats level of suckitude, and then rebuild.
imagge
Lead Assistant
And1: 687

Post#553 » by imagge » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:28 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:Rip's gotta go if we get Lee and Kirk

Rose Teague
Lee Hinrich
Deng Butler
Booz Taj
Noah Asik

That would be nice. Kirk get's plenty of minutes early on with Rose out, and continues to do so if Teague isn't ready this year.

I think if we get Lee, Asik will not be matched.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#554 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:29 pm

imagge wrote:

Rose Teague
Lee Hinrich
Deng Butler
Booz Taj
Noah Asik

Go away rain cloud. J/K
Bulls Revenge
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#555 » by Bulls Revenge » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:29 pm

I wouldnt mind a hinrich signing if we get lee...however hinrich isn't exactly in 2005 form ya know. I think teague should be given every opportunity to start while DRose is out. Hinrich would be a solid backup in this situation. I also think Lee should come off bench. Let Rip start but Lee finishes the game... I think having him and Taj finishing games will be huge!
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM

Post#556 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:31 pm

Bulls Revenge wrote:I wouldnt mind a hinrich signing if we get lee...however hinrich isn't exactly in 2005 form ya know. I think teague should be given every opportunity to start while DRose is out. Hinrich would be a solid backup in this situation. I also think Lee should come off bench. Let Rip start but Lee finishes the game... I think having him and Taj finishing games will be huge!

I love Teague - but he was barely ready to start on his college team. He's raw as hell and really shouldn't be asked to start in the NBA. He needs a little bit of time.
imagge
Lead Assistant

Post#557 » by imagge » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:32 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
imagge wrote:

Rose Teague
Lee Hinrich
Deng Butler
Booz Taj
Noah Asik

Go away rain cloud. J/K

Strictly financial but if the Bulls could walk away with Lee and Terrence Jones....My rainy days would be gone
blumeany
RealGM
And1: 2,551

Post#558 » by blumeany » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:34 pm

I think with the flow of combo guards dropping into the market, there's no need to be up Kirk's heiny. Bulls should back up a little bit.
2024: Maybe there's some hope?
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#559 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:35 pm

Do you think Terrance Jones could be a Bully-Ball SF?
imagge
Lead Assistant

Post#560 » by imagge » Fri Jul 6, 2012 7:37 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:Do you think Terrance Jones could be a Bully-Ball SF?

Why yes I do :D

Something Lee & TJ for Watson and the Bulls don't match Asik Let TJ learn under Deng and when he is ready trade Deng or let him expire.

Return to Chicago Bulls