Image ImageImage Image

Kirk Hinrich Thread: Bucks Offering Up To $4M/yr (PG.43)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

GOBULLS
Rookie
And1: 19

Re: Kirk Hinrich Thread: MERGE. Update pg34 

Post#561 » by GOBULLS » Fri Jul 6, 2012 9:03 pm

^^^ you mean Terrence Williams?
ChicagoLegend
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#562 » by ChicagoLegend » Fri Jul 6, 2012 9:19 pm

Bulldog23 wrote:Why would the bulls be interested in getting rid Hamilton? I would think they would keep him ...without Rose where is all the scoring coming from....

He can barely stay healthy that's why.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#563 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri Jul 6, 2012 9:24 pm

Id rather not lose Asik. Is there a way where we can get Kirk, Lee, and keep Asik? Or is the only way to get both is by not matching for Asik?
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,512

Post#564 » by AirP. » Fri Jul 6, 2012 9:30 pm

I think if we sign Hinrich he's starting till Rose gets back, but I have a feeling he's being pursued more as a good player for Teague to go against in practice to prepare him for the future. 31 years old and PER36s of 9.2 ppg and 3.8 apg aren't really in the numbers that gets you into a team's rotation.
jumpmanjay
Analyst
And1: 703

Post#565 » by jumpmanjay » Fri Jul 6, 2012 9:34 pm

hinrich has been the casualty of a horrendous wiz team and iso-city (ATL). both very low bbiq teams. i dont think his performance over the last couple seasons should be judged in those regards.

even at his age, i dont think kurt is worse than injured cj...and we won a lot of games with injured cj at the helm.
rob32
Banned User

Re: Per ESPN: Bulls & Hinrich Close On Deal 

Post#566 » by rob32 » Fri Jul 6, 2012 9:35 pm

NBADengTime wrote:
ballerkingn2 wrote:I don't get the love feast with Lee and bulls organization. He must be an out standing citizen,best at high fives,pats on the backs,and sweating hard in practice to give off that hard work look. Because when i see his game he does nothing special nor does he do anything I feel we need. So unless its at a discount I rather seek someone else.

But i'd take kirk he's at least a gritting in your face defender can play both guard spots and is a leader/while also being ok with whatever role given,and won't complain. And can shot it from deep. All things we can use somewhat as long as he's not ridden to the ground and played/payed to much i'd welcome him back with open arms.

Hmm...maybe you're not watching properly. I don't love Lee, but to say he doesn't do anything we need is a looooong stretch. Very good/gritty defense (Bulls need), stretches the floor with his 3 pt shooting (Bulls need), does what is asked of him, young,...

Sounds like another keith bogans to me.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#567 » by MrFortune3 » Fri Jul 6, 2012 9:40 pm

a Lee+Hinrich combo would be pretty solid to bring in. Teague's PT would likely suffer though.
i hope that he gets a lot of good PT and experience as i don't believe sitting a guy is a good way for him to develop, even if he's raw.
Jimmy Forums
Veteran
And1: 961

Re: Per ESPN: Bulls & Hinrich Close On Deal 

Post#568 » by Jimmy Forums » Fri Jul 6, 2012 9:42 pm

rob32 wrote:
NBADengTime wrote:
ballerkingn2 wrote:I don't get the love feast with Lee and bulls organization. He must be an out standing citizen,best at high fives,pats on the backs,and sweating hard in practice to give off that hard work look. Because when i see his game he does nothing special nor does he do anything I feel we need. So unless its at a discount I rather seek someone else.

But i'd take kirk he's at least a gritting in your face defender can play both guard spots and is a leader/while also being ok with whatever role given,and won't complain. And can shot it from deep. All things we can use somewhat as long as he's not ridden to the ground and played/payed to much i'd welcome him back with open arms.

Hmm...maybe you're not watching properly. I don't love Lee, but to say he doesn't do anything we need is a looooong stretch. Very good/gritty defense (Bulls need), stretches the floor with his 3 pt shooting (Bulls need), does what is asked of him, young,...

Sounds like another keith bogans to me.

Wrong. Lee is a very good athlete, resulting in a much better capability to finish lobs/arcrobatic layups on drives to the hoop (which he can do a little bit), operate fairly well in transition, and also go up to block/alter some shots. He also is a more consistent 3 pt shooter (40%+ in 3/4 seasons) and can actually hit midrange. Just watching his tape he is obviously longer and seems to be more active, so he's really a good defender.

Lee would be better than Bogans, any of last years' SG's, and really should start should he end up here.
WinCity
Banned User
And1: 1,688

Post#569 » by WinCity » Fri Jul 6, 2012 9:43 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:a Lee+Hinrich combo would be pretty solid to bring in. Teague's PT would likely suffer though.
i hope that he gets a lot of good PT and experience as i don't believe sitting a guy is a good way for him to develop, even if he's raw.

You got to be kidding. I dont know who the hell is going to be creating shots in that backcourt. At least with CJ we know he can do the job. If you arent upgrading talent stability matters more IMO.
Jimmy Forums
Veteran

Post#570 » by Jimmy Forums » Fri Jul 6, 2012 9:45 pm

WinCity wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:a Lee+Hinrich combo would be pretty solid to bring in. Teague's PT would likely suffer though.

You got to be kidding. I dont know who the hell is going to be creating shots in that backcourt. At least with CJ we know he can do the job. If you arent upgrading talent stability matters more IMO.

Agreed. Watson > Hinrich.

I've said it before but I'll say it again; Hinrich should just stay away.
Action Paxson
Head Coach
And1: 63

Post#571 » by Action Paxson » Fri Jul 6, 2012 9:59 pm

I think Watson and Hinrich is pretty much a wash but I could see why management prefers Kirk. He's a slightly better defender, and definitely better at guarding 2's. CJ is the better scorer. They probably want Teague to be Rose's backup once Derrick returns, so they could just move Kirk to backup SG. Role wise, Kirk is ideal. Unfortunately, he just isn't that good so everyone is understandably disappointed.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder.
Jimmy Forums
Veteran

Post#572 » by Jimmy Forums » Fri Jul 6, 2012 10:02 pm

Action Paxson wrote:I think Watson and Hinrich is pretty much a wash but I could see why management prefers Kirk. He's a slightly better defender, and definitely better at guarding 2's. CJ is the better scorer. They probably want Teague to be Rose's backup once Derrick returns, so they could just move Kirk to backup SG. Role wise, Kirk is ideal. Unfortunately, he just isn't that good so everyone is understandably disappointed.

Don't you think that is a pretty significant advantage CJ has, especially considering our only scorer is going to miss at least half the season? I would say so, and hopefully most others recognize that.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#573 » by MrFortune3 » Fri Jul 6, 2012 10:45 pm

WinCity wrote:

where did i say get rid of CJ? i said it'd be a nice combo to bring it, not bring in as the starting back court. Kirk is a bench player at this point in his career.
please don't go assuming or start putting words in my mouth.
Wonzo23
Junior

Re: Rumor: Bulls & Hinrich Close On Deal 

Post#574 » by Wonzo23 » Fri Jul 6, 2012 10:57 pm

holv03 wrote:We'll I got some information from ESPN that Chicago and Kirk Hinrich are close to reaching a deal. I know some people might not want him here in Chicago but it gets better the Bulls are also going hard for Courtney Lee who might end up being a Chicago Bull.

What do you do for ESPN exactly?
bigjad66
Senior
And1: 61

Post#575 » by bigjad66 » Sat Jul 7, 2012 12:16 am

Wonzo23 wrote:
holv03 wrote:We'll I got some information from ESPN that Chicago and Kirk Hinrich are close to reaching a deal. I know some people might not want him here in Chicago but it gets better the Bulls are also going hard for Courtney Lee who might end up being a Chicago Bull.

What do you do for ESPN exactly?

Holv is probably gonna snap if someone else asks him what he does at ESPN, lmao!!!
Follow Me On Twitter @JeremyJDDorsey
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#576 » by musiqsoulchild » Sat Jul 7, 2012 12:37 am

BonanzaHawk wrote:
Action Paxson wrote:I think Watson and Hinrich is pretty much a wash but I could see why management prefers Kirk. He's a slightly better defender, and definitely better at guarding 2's. CJ is the better scorer. They probably want Teague to be Rose's backup once Derrick returns, so they could just move Kirk to backup SG. Role wise, Kirk is ideal. Unfortunately, he just isn't that good so everyone is understandably disappointed.

Don't you think that is a pretty significant advantage CJ has, especially considering our only scorer is going to miss at least half the season? I would say so, and hopefully most others recognize that.

You are right to an extent, but you are also overplaying your hand on this one.

We will be fine with scoring.

Paxson has been in the NBA, Thibs has been on several teams, JR has talked about the need for a guard scorer.

If we can see that the team lacks scoring, trust me, they can see it too. Like a hundredfold magnified.
For love, not money.
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#577 » by Jordan45822 » Sat Jul 7, 2012 4:31 am

just sign already Hinrich and be done with it
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#578 » by Jordan45822 » Sat Jul 7, 2012 4:45 am

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/p ... um=twitter

Gibson wants Hinrich and wants Asik to stay
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#579 » by boogydown » Sat Jul 7, 2012 5:20 am

Hinrich to the Bulls looks like it's more and more likely. That will seal the deal on Watson if it does happen. Usually when the Bulls spend a lot of time with someone, it's a good sign.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#580 » by boogydown » Sat Jul 7, 2012 5:21 am

Courtney Lee for 2013 Bulls 1st + Korver

Think about it.

Return to Chicago Bulls