Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Might Not Be Done Yet!!!

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

holv03
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,803

Re: Bulls Might Not Be Done Yet!!! 

Post#41 » by holv03 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:37 am

boogydown wrote:
holv03 wrote:The Bulls are just looking for another combo guard to fill the roster and another big man which is looking like its going to be Malcom Thomas.

The Bulls want Thomas but I'm not sure they can get him. Other teams interested and they can outbid us.

Moore wants the Bulls but not sure if the Bulls truly want him.

I don't think that the Bulls want Moore that much they have other preference. He might get a camp invite but that's about it.
boogydown
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#42 » by boogydown » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:39 am

holv03 wrote:I don't think that the Bulls want Moore that much they have other preference. He might get a camp invite but that's about it.

Agreed.

I'm confident on Thomas but still unsure on the Ball Handler they want. Who do you think they truly want?
boogydown
Banned User

Post#43 » by boogydown » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:41 am

Can't believe Delonte signed for the Vet Min. Missed out there but he really wanted Dallas. Sorry Manual, he didn't get his raise.
mysticbb
Banned User
And1: 713

Post#44 » by mysticbb » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:46 am

holv03 wrote:Omer Asik not being match since the beginning (even though the media was saying the Bulls were going to match any offer)

What? Who reported that the Bulls would match? Once they talked with Belinelli and offered the Bi-Annual there was NO CHANCE for the Bulls to match the offer sheet. Using the Bi-Annual made it clear that the Bulls will not go over apron, no matter what. So, if you have seen "media" reporting that the Bulls would match, the "media" just had no clue at all.

The rest of the stuff you wrote is pretty much straight forward. Getting a combo-guard and a big is basically what the roster is SCREAMING at everyone. The names are also pretty straight forward, because there are not much options left. So, no idea what kind of value your post really has.
mysticbb
Banned User

Post#45 » by mysticbb » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:49 am

boogydown wrote:Can't believe Delonte signed for the Vet Min. Missed out there but he really wanted Dallas. Sorry Manual, he didn't get his raise.

West would have NEVER signed for the minimum with any other team unless the Mavericks would have showed no interest at all. Given the fact that they had interest, it was obvious that West would re-sign with them unless another team really outbids the Mavericks. This contract also means that West becomes a Early-Bird next summer, rather than starting at 0 again.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#46 » by boogydown » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:50 am

- Looks like 14 Players
- Thomas seems like a for sure thing but getting offers from other teams. Bulls would have signed him already if they could but Thomas seems to be weighing options and someone may outbid us (sucks).
- Moore seems like he wants the Bulls but not sure the Bulls want him
- Redd I'm not so sure the Bulls truly want. He seems to be waiting on that Suns offer
- McGrady is in the dark right now. I think he is just waiting for that call. No doubt he'll take the minimum.
- Miles really doesn't want to sign for the minimum and still shopping so I'm not sure he is a Bulls target
- Beverley I honestly have no clue
- Mason JR I'm guessing was just in contact
- West signed with Dallas. Think the Bulls wanted him next and Foye before him. Missed out on both.
- Pietrus really looks unlikely
- Barbosa seems unlikely for many reasons
- Fisher not sure what he is doing

Not really sure who they truly want.
boogydown
Banned User

Post#47 » by boogydown » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:51 am

mysticbb wrote:West would have NEVER signed for the minimum with any other team unless the Mavericks would have showed no interest at all. Given the fact that they had interest, it was obvious that West would re-sign with them unless another team really outbids the Mavericks. This contract also means that West becomes a Early-Bird next summer, rather than starting at 0 again.

I didn't say otherwise
boogydown
Banned User

Post#48 » by boogydown » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:56 am

I'm going to guess CJ Miles is going to sign with the Cavs. Just a hunch
Redd isn't really needed anymore now that we have Marco
McGrady can't really run the Point so it doesn't make sense we get him
Nate Robinson no word on him
E'Twaun Moore just seems to inexperienced for the Bulls to sign him
Think the Bulls did want John Lucas III back but not willing to go more than the Min
Patrick Beverley could very well be our option but really not sure as I said

I'm not sure the Bulls want any of these guys truly. It could end up being someone not listed here. They'll need someone who can play the Point for sure so I'm ruling out everyone but Moore and Beverly right now on that list.

Time to rest.
holv03
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by holv03 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:02 am

mysticbb wrote:
holv03 wrote:Omer Asik not being match since the beginning (even though the media was saying the Bulls were going to match any offer)

What? Who reported that the Bulls would match? Once they talked with Belinelli and offered the Bi-Annual there was NO CHANCE for the Bulls to match the offer sheet. Using the Bi-Annual made it clear that the Bulls will not go over apron, no matter what. So, if you have seen "media" reporting that the Bulls would match, the "media" just had no clue at all.

The rest of the stuff you wrote is pretty much straight forward. Getting a combo-guard and a big is basically what the roster is SCREAMING at everyone. The names are also pretty straight forward, because there are not much options left. So, no idea what kind of value your post really has.

I didn't know Belinelli was on the Bulls since the beginning of Free agency. I think you should read the posts around here more often because I said it since the start of free agency that they Bulls weren't going to match.

Someone posted this on the Asik discussion and had everyone thinking the Bulls were going to match and I still stuck with my information that they weren't going to.

e: Asik Discussion. Pg 50 Sheridan: Bulls will match
by DerrickRose025 on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:15 am

Mark Strotman‏@markstrot

@sheridanhoops Omer Asik will be matched by the Bulls???

Chris Sheridan‏@sheridanhoops

"Evet"is Turkish for yes. And once those RFAs are matched, the reshuffling begins and we have a second wave on the 14th and 15th
econn21
Senior
And1: 5

Post#50 » by econn21 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:04 am

If it's ever going to happen, let it be this year, and if not, people should stop talking about him, though I highly doubt that.

I would be in favor of it, though, as he can essentially play PG, SG, or SF. That's a lot of versatility that will surely be needed this year with the possibility of Deng's surgery, as well as the potential for injuries to veterans such as Rip and Kirk.

At this point, this move would best be summed up as "Why not?" :-?
boogydown
Banned User

Post#51 » by boogydown » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:06 am

So yeah to sum it up

Bulls need a PG/SG who can handle the ball. Watson/West would have worked here. Think the Bulls aren't happy with that. Moore seems inexperienced. They could be waiting on Miles. Not sure if he can handle though. Has to be someone who can handle because Teague isn't going to be ready.

Bulls need a versatile SF/PF. Seems like they want Thomas badly.

I doubt the Bulls go into the season with 15 so they'll likely add 1 or 2 more guys.

I'd personally aim for the two most promising long term options but not sure the Bulls end up doing that.
holv03
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by holv03 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:11 am

boogydown wrote:So yeah to sum it up

Bulls need a PG/SG who can handle the ball. Watson/West would have worked here. Think the Bulls aren't happy with that. Moore seems inexperienced. They could be waiting on Miles. Not sure if he can handle though. Has to be someone who can handle because Teague isn't going to be ready.

Bulls need a versatile SF/PF. Seems like they want Thomas badly.

I doubt the Bulls go into the season with 15 so they'll likely add 1 or 2 more guys.

I'd personally aim for the two most promising long term options but not sure the Bulls end up doing that.

The Bulls are definitely going to add another player that can handle the ball because I don't think they feel too confident with Teague and they want him to learn the ropes before they throw him out there with the sharks.
mysticbb
Banned User

Post#53 » by mysticbb » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:13 am

holv03 wrote:I didn't know Belinelli was on the Bulls since the beginning of Free agency. I think you should read the posts around here more often because I said it since the start of free agency that they Bulls weren't going to match.

Someone posted this on the Asik discussion and had everyone thinking the Bulls were going to match and I still stuck with my information that they weren't going to.

Honestly, at that time Asik didn't even have that offer sheet, because it was impossible for the Rockets to give out two offer sheets. Sorry, but that is just complete nonsense, whether the talks with Belinelli were already opened or not. When Asik received the offer sheet by the Rockets, the Bulls were basically already locked into a $74m hard cap already. Thus, there was no chance for them to match that. Everyone with half a brain was able to predict that the Bulls would not match a big offer sheet for Asik. So, no idea what kind of information you have, no idea for whom you really work, but the informations you are posting aren't really news to someone with a bit knowledge how the system works. And I can assure you I have no inside source whatsoever ...

Well, and given the rules, the Bulls need to sign at least one more player, because a team needs at least 12 players on its active list while having at least 1 more on the inactive list. That makes 13 players under contract, the Bulls have 12 right now. So, matter of fact is the Bulls are not done yet. Just based on the rules. Without having any kind of inside source everyone should already know what your thread topic says.
holv03
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by holv03 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:28 am

mysticbb wrote:
holv03 wrote:I didn't know Belinelli was on the Bulls since the beginning of Free agency. I think you should read the posts around here more often because I said it since the start of free agency that they Bulls weren't going to match.

Honestly, at that time Asik didn't even have that offer sheet, because it was impossible for the Rockets to give out two offer sheets. Sorry, but that is just complete nonsense, whether the talks with Belinelli were already opened or not. When Asik received the offer sheet by the Rockets, the Bulls were basically already locked into a $74m hard cap already. Thus, there was no chance for them to match that. Everyone with half a brain was able to predict that the Bulls would not match a big offer sheet for Asik. So, no idea what kind of information you have, no idea for whom you really work, but the informations you are posting aren't really news to someone with a bit knowledge how the system works. And I can assure you I have no inside source whatsoever ...

I've been here probably longer than any one at RealGM. I come and post rumors that I hear at work. I could post a picture with Stuart Scott and people will still question if I really work at ESPN. I know that everything I post is legit whether you believe it or not that is completely up to you. Now I have never put up any false information in the 11 or 12 years that I have been posting here.

And whoever says that they knew Asik wasn't going to be match is completely just lying. Many people in this board though the Bulls were going to match just take a look at all the discussions about Asik. Now the rumors that I present to everyone are just rumors deliver to me from sources which are just that RUMORS but if is a fact for example when Hinrich was close to a deal I let everyone know. I just hope that me delivering information to our board is not going to cause any problems because I will just simply stop posting any rumors I hear. I want this board to be the best boards on the internet so let's keep this to just basketball and make RealGM what is really all about which is sports.
mysticbb
Banned User

Post#55 » by mysticbb » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:46 am

holv03 wrote:I've been here probably longer than any one at RealGM. I come and post rumors that I hear at work. I could post a picture with Stuart Scott and people will still question if I really work at ESPN. I know that everything I post is legit whether you believe it or not that is completely up to you. Now I have never put up any false information in the 11 or 12 years that I have been posting here.

I'm not disputing any of that. Maybe I worded it wrongly, but I'm not saying at all that you are lying or something like that. It is just not very useful informations for my taste. That's the Bulls are not done yet is a fact. Just a look at the CBA will tell you that the Bulls need to sign at least one more player in order to fulfill the rules. Thus, your thread topic is really, really odd.
Then we can go on to the player names and they are not surprising at all, because a look at the current Bulls roster will exactly tell you that the Bulls need another ball handler and need another big. I just question the value of your thread here, because no really good or interesting informations are given. Thus, you could have easily post that in any other thread regarding the roster and offseason.

holv03 wrote:And whoever says that they knew Asik wasn't going to be match is completely just lying. Many people in this board though the Bulls were going to match just take a look at all the discussions about Asik.

Sorry, but only clueless people could have said that, unless they expected the Bulls to use the amnesty on someone. And there was no indication at all that the Bulls would do that. You are confusing the hope some fans had that the Bulls would match with the opinion based on facts. The matter of fact was that it was unlikely that the Bulls would match the offer sheet at the beginning and close to impossible when Asik received the offer sheet. Then you look at the deals and the unwillingness of the Bulls to go over apron and it was 99.9999% sure that the Bulls would not match the offer sheet of the Rockets.

holv03 wrote:Now the rumors that I present to everyone are just rumors deliver to me from sources which are just that RUMORS but if is a fact for example when Hinrich was close to a deal I let everyone know. I just hope that me delivering information to our board is not going to cause any problems because I will just simply stop posting any rumors I hear. I want this board to be the best boards on the internet so let's keep this to just basketball and make RealGM what is really all about which is sports.

Sorry, if you feel offended, but when I read the thread topic I was just stunned that somebody would really make a topic about that, because the rules are making it clear that the Bulls have to sign at least one more player, thus they are per se not done. Saying that they "might" not be done, is just complete inaccurate.
Googjob
Sixth Man
And1: 361

Post#56 » by Googjob » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:04 am

They've had the opportunity to sign McGrady for nothing a couple times and passed. Don't see why they would do it now. Since they aren't looking to win, probably better off just giving Teague the minutes.
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,585

Post#57 » by JohnnyTapwater » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:52 am

Nate Robinson is the guy here..
Jordan45822
RealGM
And1: 1,796

Post#58 » by Jordan45822 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:23 am

this T-Mac crap again?
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#59 » by Rerisen » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:49 am

McGrady? Another old dude? What are we trying do here exactly. Looks like maneuvers to stall a season or two away.

Bring in some young players with upside that might be able to become something useful to us when we actually get serious about winning again.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,440

Post#60 » by samwana » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:34 am

Rerisen wrote:McGrady? Another old dude? What are we trying do here exactly. Looks like maneuvers to stall a season or two away.

Bring in some young players with upside that might be able to become something useful to us when we actually get serious about winning again.

That's all there is to be said IMO, get Beverly or Moore at the least they could have some resemblance of trade value if they pan out!

Return to Chicago Bulls