Image ImageImage Image

Nike to Adidas Converters

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Re: Nike to Adidas Converters 

Post#261 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:53 am

Look i mostly wear adidas and reebok but i do have ONE pair of nikes that i will throw on every blue moon .
True story: I hadnt worn or bought any nike products in 2 years. I bought a pair of jordan basketball shorts at the second hand and within a week derrick tears his acl and noah gets his vicious ankle sprain vs philly. I went on to give the shorts away to my brother who isnt that big on basketball but appreciated the shorts.
Im sure it was a coincidence but it didnt make me miss them.
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#262 » by LakerLegend » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:02 am

patryk7754 wrote:any idea how much the shoes will cost?

I think both the Crazy Light 4/Boost and DRose 5 are going to be $140.
thedarkstark
Analyst
And1: 1,224

Post#263 » by thedarkstark » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:22 am

Adidas are the worst piece of **** shoe in the world.
I absolutely destroyed my ankle playing ball in the Derrick Rose TS Creator (Derricks first Adidas shoe). I rolled it so bad I couldn't play for 6 months, I probably needed surgery to be honest. I NEVER did anything close to that playing in Nike's.

Nike's are also 1000x more comfortable, and more stylish. When it comes to basketball performance Nike is untouchable.

The one thing Nike definitely sucks at is running shoes. I will never buy their running shoes, it's New Balance or Asics for runners.
jumpmanjay
Analyst
And1: 703

Post#264 » by jumpmanjay » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:39 pm

I'll only play in Nike basketball shoes that have zoom air under the ball of your foot. I would be willing to try Adidas again if they put boost there.

In shoes where there is only foam under the balls of your feet, my knees usually start to have pain after hooping for not too long
StoudeRose1
Senior
And1: 133

Post#265 » by StoudeRose1 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:08 pm

I have experimented with many basketball shoes over the years. I had worn Converse through high school and when Rose came out with his first pair of Adidas shoes, I decided to try them out. They worked out great. After his injury and the rumors that it could've been caused by his shoes, I switched to a pair of Nike Hyperdunks, which supposedly were being worn by major high school/college athletes. In my personal opnion, they were the worst pair of shoes I had ever worn. They tore up my heels and I rolled my ankles more times than ever before in these shoes. When the AdiRose 4.5 came out, I immediately went back to Adidas and have not had a problem since. I don't think there's a right or wrong shoe in terms of quality, but there is definitely a right or wrong shoe in terms of fit.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#266 » by kodo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:08 pm

The brand Nike is overhyped.

People think “it’s Nike” and it’s a better constructed shoe but that’s usually not the case.
There are a FEW Nike shoes which are top notch like the Hyperdunk, but the vast majority of them are not as well made; and the latest Hyperdunks have been a bit of a disappointment IMO, lunar foam isn’t better than Zoom Air.

A mid or cheap Nike shoe isn’t any better or worse than an Adidas.
But on the top end, I haven’t worn anything from Adidas that beats a select few shoes from Nike.

Adidas hasn't had a major shoe since the Arenas. Even NBA players were wearing the Arenas back in the day.
nrockwaychicago
Pro Prospect
And1: 719

Post#267 » by nrockwaychicago » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:45 pm

thedarkstark wrote:Adidas are the worst piece of **** shoe in the world.
I absolutely destroyed my ankle playing ball in the Derrick Rose TS Creator (Derricks first Adidas shoe). I rolled it so bad I couldn't play for 6 months, I probably needed surgery to be honest. I NEVER did anything close to that playing in Nike's.

Nike's are also 1000x more comfortable, and more stylish. When it comes to basketball performance Nike is untouchable.

The one thing Nike definitely sucks at is running shoes. I will never buy their running shoes, it's New Balance or Asics for runners.

I tend to agree about running shoes, but the flyknit is the best running shoe I've ever used. Saucony is my brand tho.
[e]
Veteran
And1: 1,253

Post#268 » by [e] » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:08 pm

I'll play in pretty much anything, but at least 90% of my basketball shoes are Nike/Jordan.

Only Adidas shoes I own are a pair of Rose shoes and Pro Models. Then I've got a few pair of Questions - everything else is Nike/Jordan. Jordan XI lows are by far my favorite pair of shoes to play in
MalikJoakim24
Banned User
And1: 3,420

Post#269 » by MalikJoakim24 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:54 pm

i love my hyperdunks, best shoes ever....

i really like the derrick rose 773 team usa shoes though.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#270 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:46 pm

Whats funny is that nike sucks at running shoes but nikes owner was a runner and thats his first sport and nikes first shoe was a running shoe. Running is a staple of their brand but they suck at it?
Plus they make most of the track olympians wear their shoes, but if we all know they suck i wish they would just go away.
otwok
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,327

Post#271 » by otwok » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:18 pm

I have a pair of Jordans now, I like them. Growing up it was always Nike or Jordans. The Jordans always felt top notch. I then started playing in BK's and the Starberrys, they hurt my feet. Then I got the Rose's (I think the 2.5's, I'm not sure) and they were among the worst shoes I ever owned. I hurt my MCL playing in them, now they may not be the shoe's fault but never having a knee injury, blah. I now have a pair of Jordan's and they feel good. I do want to get a pair of Under Armor though.
Land Rover
Senior
And1: 264

Post#272 » by Land Rover » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:45 pm

I bout Drose's TS Creator or something and those shoes suck, heavy and they fell apart quickly, seams became unglued, parts falling off, insoles fabric wearing and falling off. I wear them like snow boots now when its snowing a lot though because they're that thick and I could give two **** about what they look like now :lol:

Nike's or NB's all the way
thedarkstark
Analyst

Post#273 » by thedarkstark » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:02 am

nrockwaychicago wrote:

I tend to agree about running shoes, but the flyknit is the best running shoe I've ever used. Saucony is my brand tho.

I've heard a lot of good things, may have to give them a try. Which version do you like? Lunar, 4.0, or Chukka?
nrockwaychicago
Pro Prospect
And1: 719

Post#274 » by nrockwaychicago » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:56 am

thedarkstark wrote:
nrockwaychicago wrote:

I've heard a lot of good things, may have to give them a try. Which version do you like? Lunar, 4.0, or Chukka?

the lunar. another personal favorite tho is the saucony cortana.

on a side note, i remember you from the ign bball forum. thats funny.
bearadonisdna
RealGM

Post#275 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:26 am

Guys whos adidas fall apart i suggest u use waterproofing spray b4 heavy use.
This usually add durability to the shoe.
thedarkstark
Analyst

Post#276 » by thedarkstark » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:21 am

nrockwaychicago wrote:
thedarkstark wrote:
nrockwaychicago wrote:I tend to agree about running shoes, but the flyknit is the best running shoe I've ever used. Saucony is my brand tho.

the lunar. another personal favorite tho is the saucony cortana.

on a side note, i remember you from the ign bball forum. thats funny.
Yup, I came from IGN way back when. What was your name on there?
BullsfanLA
Junior
And1: 27

Post#277 » by BullsfanLA » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:08 am

I love playing ball, and love trying out different shoes with different technology and styles. I've worn many shoes from both brands, and there are definitely shoes from both that are great for me. Though retros are made more for looks than performance, I enjoy playing in them. My current rotation from Adidas is the DRose 4.5, Crazy 97 and Crazy 2 (KB8-2), and from Nike, I love the KB9 lows, AJ28 and the OG Flight Huaraches. Occasionally, I would even play in the foamposites, and one of my personal favorites of all time, the Zoom Generation, but Im afraid that these will just bust during play due to its age. In terms of running... I have actually returned to Nike from being a long time Asics Kayano user. I do a lot of long distance running and I need a shoe with support and stability due to my pronation, so I recently discovered the LunarEclipse 3, and love them. The "Dynamic Support" found in the LunarGlides, LunarEclipse and I believe, the Zoom Structure is no joke. I feel that everyone will have a different opinion on what shoes are comfortable for them and what shoes works better for them, but to say that one brand is absolutely crap compared to another is really not fair. There are those out there, that blame Adidas for DRose's injury, and Iman Shumpert to even Kevin Ware..but those people will never mention the fact that MJ busted his foot in his Js, Terrell Brandon ended his career in some Hyperflights, the Detroit Pistons band a particular Nike model, the hyperdunk I believe, due to its lack or support and being too light. Ricky Rubio went down in Nikes and so did Kobe, and of course most recently, PG24. Steve Nash is a life time Nike guy, that has gone down a few times and so has CP3, and Baron Davis back in the days. That kind of stuff can happen to anyone, wearing anything... so contrary to Mars Blackmon..."Money, it's not the shoes".
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#278 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:10 pm

I work for Adidas, and as far as basketball shoes... I will never wear our brand again for it. I've tried 3 different shoes and each time I took them right back. I actually wear my Adidas running shoes to play bball in.

Work for Adidas, love our shoes in all other aspects, but Nike bends our basketball shoes over time and time again.
BigUps
RealGM
And1: 5,600

Post#279 » by BigUps » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:11 pm

I only wear Tom's to hoop in. I love how light they are and how they mold to my feet. They may only last me a quarter, but I swear I gain 10” of vertical in them in comparison to Nike or Adidas. It's worth it.
Land Rover
Senior
And1: 264

Post#280 » by Land Rover » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:37 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:Guys whos adidas fall apart i suggest u use waterproofing spray b4 heavy use.
This usually add durability to the shoe.

Why would they use water soluable glue on shoes? Are they stupid?

Return to Chicago Bulls