Image ImageImage Image

Chief Keefs Hints at D. Rose Gang Affiliation on New Song

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

LobosJordan
Head Coach
And1: 1,320

Re: Chief Keefs Hints at D. Rose Gang Affiliation on New Son 

Post#21 » by LobosJordan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:20 am

Ballin27 wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:Is that in English? Sure is some crappy music if you can even call it that. Honestly, I can't understand a word of it, nor do I give it any credibility. This punk is just trying to use Rose's name to get publicity for his garbage song (although I never hear his name anywhere- but like I said, I need a translator)

Although I don't support Chief Keef in the slightest I don't think he is trying to use Rose's name at all.

At the moment, Chief Keef alongside Derrick Rose is one of the more well known people from the city and one of the biggest influences in Chicago. Once again I don't think its right and totally disagree with his message but the kids in some of the less fortunate neighborhoods in the city strongly look up to Chief Keef.

This is a disturbing revelation to me. I have never heard of Chief Keefs until now. And now I get the news he is as big an influence as Derrick Rose. God help those children.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#22 » by patryk7754 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:22 am

I wouldnt say he's an influence he's just famous because his song got remixed by Kanye West
Ballin27
Senior
And1: 1

Post#23 » by Ballin27 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:27 am

patryk7754 wrote:I wouldnt say he's an influence he's just famous because his song got remixed by Kanye West

I have friends who teach in the inner-city and trust me he is easily as big if not a bigger influence. He is famous nationally because Kanye West remixed his song. He had blown up in Chicago much before Kanye even got word of him.
Air Poohdini
Assistant Coach
And1: 328

Post#24 » by Air Poohdini » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:28 am

Chief Keef is trash.
If Dennis Rodman drove a truck, he'd give all the refs a ride!
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#25 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:28 am

Chief Keef keeps doing things that the law doesn’t like. According to the Chicago Sun Times, the teenage rapper, born Keith Cozart, could face jail time for violating a probation order that stipulates he must not have any guns or illegal drugs or associate with gang members. Keef was placed on 18-month probation for pointing a gun at an officer.

Prosecutors are referencing a freestyle session the Chi-Town MC did with Pitchfork at a gun range holding and firing weapons, as fuel to revoke the 17-year old’s probation and send the young spitter back to jail.

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2012/09/07/chief- ... pologizes/

What a guy!
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#26 » by Jvaughn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:28 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:Is that in English? Sure is some crappy music if you can even call it that. Honestly, I can't understand a word of it, nor do I give it any credibility. This punk is just trying to use Rose's name to get publicity for his garbage song (although I never hear his name anywhere- but like I said, I need a translator)

+1

I listened to the song twice, and I still couldn't understand more than a couple of words. Can someone breakdown what the lyric actually is.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#27 » by patryk7754 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:33 am

Ballin27 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I wouldnt say he's an influence he's just famous because his song got remixed by Kanye West

I have friends who teach in the inner-city and trust me he is easily as big if not a bigger influence. He is famous nationally because Kanye West remixed his song. He had blown up in Chicago much before Kanye even got word of him.

I live in inner-city St louis and we've heard of his songs outside I dont like before it was remixed and didn't really see any influence by him. It makes sense that he'd be a bigger influence in Chicago but hopefully his prison term ends his career
Ballin27
Senior
And1: 1

Post#28 » by Ballin27 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:33 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
Never heard of him. God help anyone who strongly looks up to him. Googled his name and found this..

In December 2011, Cozart was arrested on a weapons charge (aggravated unlawful use of a weapon) and put under house arrest at his grandmother's home. On September 5, 2012, Chicago Police disclosed to the Sun Times that Cozart is being investigated for a possible connection in the shooting death of fellow rapper and Englewood resident, Joseph 'Lil JoJo' Coleman.

In an August 2012 interview with Baltimore radio station 92Q Jams, Lupe Fiasco stated that Chief Keef "scares" him and went on to describe the other rapper as a "hoodlum" and representative of Chicago's "skyrocketing" murder rate. Keef responded on September 5 with a tweet threatening Lupe Fiasco

Great role model for the less fortunate kids of Chicago. 17 yrs old and he may spend the rest of his life in prison.

Like I said I am not a fan/supporter of his or condone any of his actions, but the reality is he has a very large following and the record companies apparently thought so as well seeing as he got a pretty large contract with Interscope.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#29 » by Jvaughn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:33 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
In an August 2012 interview with Baltimore radio station 92Q Jams, Lupe Fiasco stated that Chief Keef "scares" him and went on to describe the other rapper as a "hoodlum" and representative of Chicago's "skyrocketing" murder rate. Keef responded on September 5 with a tweet threatening Lupe Fiasco

What an idiot. Someone accuses you as being a representative of the violence in Chicago, and he threatens the guy with violence? What the hell?
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
Air Poohdini
Assistant Coach
And1: 328

Post#30 » by Air Poohdini » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:35 am

I'll stick to my Wu-Tang Clan, nine of the baddest motherf**kers you've ever met.
If Dennis Rodman drove a truck, he'd give all the refs a ride!
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#31 » by patryk7754 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:36 am

Jvaughn wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

What an idiot. Someone accuses you as being a representative of the violence in Chicago, and he threatens the guy with violence? What the hell?

Thats how it is when youre from the ghetto
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#32 » by Polynice4Pippen » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:42 am

Jvaughn wrote:
johnnyvann840 wrote:

Chief Keef is 17. He's a young, knucklehead kid from Englewood that doesn't know any better yet. Had he had some role models like D. Rose's brothers he may have taken a different path. He's still learning and growing up.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
LobosJordan
Head Coach
And1: 1,320

Post#33 » by LobosJordan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:52 am

Polynice4Pippen wrote:Chief Keef is 17. He's a young, knucklehead kid from Englewood that doesn't know any better yet. Had he had some role models like D. Rose's brothers he may have taken a different path. He's still learning and growing up.

Not an excuse for his behavior. And this kind of thinking is what's wrong with inner city Chicago, and the violence problem. Saying, oh these kids are young and stupid. They will learn when they are older. This is the problem, parents and older people need to take responsibility and not stand for this kind of crap with the youth. Especially when the kids aren't stealing from convenient stores, or spray painting houses anymore. They are killing each other with weapons. I won't speak for everybody here, but a majority of Americans don't do the things that gangbangers in Chicago do when they are 17 years old. Age means nothing, actions do. I do agree with your assessment on if he had better role models like D. Rose he might not be a knucklehead. But he doesn't, and saying he doesn't know any better yet is the easy thing to do, and it doesn't help the kids in Chicago that gang bang, or the kids that get killed from these types of kids.
ChicagoStrong
General Manager
And1: 2,346

Post#34 » by ChicagoStrong » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:53 am

TankCommander wrote:Why are you CACs lying to yourself? D-rose was able to pass the SAT through his gang affiliation bullied some young **** to do it for him.

Don't use the term cac.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,350

Post#35 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:54 am

patryk7754 wrote:Chef Keef has no credibility in anyway. He''s only famous because of Kanye West but said West did nothing for him. He's on his way to juvenile detention. And several rappers use athletes in raps to convey gangbanging.
People from places like where Rose is from are mostly likely connected to gangs indirectly or directly but unless he;s an undercover drug lord Rose has nothing to worry about.

He hates kanye and lupe more. He disrespected the kanye remix of I don't like. Keef is the poster child of the south side violence. He isn't great definitely isn't respectable but he is. Hard working. See how much Lupe hates him. I don't like was his biggest hit. He references rose in in it too. They have nothing in common. Keef wants to be the next Tupac. Good luck with that. Too bad he has talent actually. He just is being exploited and will continue to be because of the situation he is in.
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#36 » by AAU Teammate » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:57 am

Hotstove907 wrote:D.Rose must be the most soft spoken gangster of all time. How many gang members get so emotional?

I am not tying this to Derrick, but just to discuss a few things-- as well as the above:

when I was a student teacher in CPS, I noted that some of the quietest kids were the ones with gang affiliations. Gangs in low income Chicago neighborhoods sadly have a wide appeal to all types of kids. Because they offer power that is not available to your garden variety low income child, or at least the appearance of power.

Gangs in fact can target someone quiet, in that gangs aim to replace parenting in those that have self-confidence problems.

From what I have understood about Derrick's upbringing, however, the community demanded of gang members that they stay away from Derrick, so as not to repeat a Ben Wilson situation.

Lets be clear about another thing...there are things like gang members and gang affiliations, and the difference can sometimes mean the 'affiliated' are smart enough to be on the outskirts of a dangerous game that has involved them, but steer clear of it.

That is not to idealize the situation, but it at least is to point out that there are many different situations.
JackFinn
RealGM
And1: 1,605

Post#37 » by JackFinn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:00 am

vietsensfan wrote:Thoughts?

He's way off key.
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#38 » by Polynice4Pippen » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:03 am

LobosJordan wrote:
Polynice4Pippen wrote:Chief Keef is 17. He's a young, knucklehead kid from Englewood that doesn't know any better yet. Had he had some role models like D. Rose's brothers he may have taken a different path. He's still learning and growing up.

Not an excuse for his behavior. And this kind of thinking is what's wrong with inner city Chicago, and the violence problem. Saying, oh these kids are young and stupid. They will learn when they are older. This is the problem, parents and older people need to take responsibility and not stand for this kind of crap with the youth. Especially when the kids aren't stealing from convenient stores, or spray painting houses anymore. They are killing each other with weapons. I won't speak for everybody here, but a majority of Americans don't do the things that gangbangers in Chicago do when they are 17 years old. Age means nothing, actions do. I do agree with your assessment on if he had better role models like D. Rose he might not be a knucklehead. But he doesn't, and saying he doesn't know any better yet is the easy thing to do, and it doesn't help the kids in Chicago that gang bang, or the kids that get killed from these types of kids.

Until you understand the background and home life Chief Keef or any other of these kids have you really can't speak about how they should be doing the right things. Kids don't grow up knowing right from wrong unless they are taught that. Chief Keef lives with his Grandma which tells you right there his parents aren't in the picture guiding him in his life. If you don't get guidance at home, you'll more than likely seek it out in the streets.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
ChicagoStrong
General Manager
And1: 2,346

Post#39 » by ChicagoStrong » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:06 am

Polynice4Pippen wrote:
LobosJordan wrote:

Until you understand the background and home life Chief Keef or any other of these kids have you really can't speak about how they should be doing the right things. Kids don't grow up knowing right from wrong unless they are taught that. Chief Keef lives with his Grandma which tells you right there his parents aren't in the picture guiding him in his life. If you don't get guidance at home, you'll more than likely seek it out in the streets.

Right, his moms in only 31.
Chicago-n
Rookie
And1: 35

Post#40 » by Chicago-n » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:06 am

Lol at the poster that said blood.
That's the fork. No bloods or crips in Chicago.
Its a gd sign. Gds run that area of Englewood.

And yeah everyone from the hood throws up gangsigns.
Doesn't mean yyiur affiliated

Return to Chicago Bulls