Image ImageImage Image

Chief Keefs Hints at D. Rose Gang Affiliation on New Song

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

nitric0
RealGM
And1: 1,352

Re: Chief Keefs Hints at D. Rose Gang Affiliation on New Son 

Post#41 » by nitric0 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:06 am

Is this what people consider music these days? :o
“We were right there with them. We dominated for most of the game, but then Derrick Rose happened.” - Al Horford
LobosJordan
Head Coach
And1: 1,320

Post#42 » by LobosJordan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:08 am

Polynice4Pippen wrote:
LobosJordan wrote:
Polynice4Pippen wrote:Chief Keef is 17. He's a young, knucklehead kid from Englewood that doesn't know any better yet. Had he had some role models like D. Rose's brothers he may have taken a different path. He's still learning and growing up.

Not an excuse for his behavior. And this kind of thinking is what's wrong with inner city Chicago, and the violence problem. Saying, oh these kids are young and stupid. They will learn when they are older. This is the problem, parents and older people need to take responsibility and not stand for this kind of crap with the youth. Especially when the kids aren't stealing from convenient stores, or spray painting houses anymore. They are killing each other with weapons. I won't speak for everybody here, but a majority of Americans don't do the things that gangbangers in Chicago do when they are 17 years old. Age means nothing, actions do. I do agree with your assessment on if he had better role models like D. Rose he might not be a knucklehead. But he doesn't, and saying he doesn't know any better yet is the easy thing to do, and it doesn't help the kids in Chicago that gang bang, or the kids that get killed from these types of kids.

Until you understand the background and home life Chief Keef or any other of these kids have you really can't speak about how they should be doing the right things. Kids don't grow up knowing right from wrong unless they are taught that. Chief Keef lives with his Grandma which tells you right there his parents aren't in the picture guiding him in his life. If you don't get guidance at home, you'll more than likely seek it out in the streets.

Semantics, and off topic. The problem isn't with me or what I do and don't understand. There is no duck and dodge, there is a simple fact that these kids behavior is not acceptable, and it should not be tolerated. Kids are dying. It isn't a joke. If parents took responsibility and said enough, and actually parented, instead of holding the attitude that these kids are young and stupid, and will learn when they are older, maybe things would change. And grandmas can do it just as well as any parent can. You see, it isn't an excuse Polynice. Excuses are not helping innocent kids that die because johnny over here doesn't have parents. Those excuses don't hold up in court, and they shouldn't hold up in any household. Period. Again, the problem isn't what I do and don't understand, the problem has been going on for over 20 years in Chicago and is getting worse and worse. It's time to take this seriously.
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#43 » by Polynice4Pippen » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:14 am

LobosJordan wrote:
Polynice4Pippen wrote:
LobosJordan wrote:Not an excuse for his behavior. And this kind of thinking is what's wrong with inner city Chicago, and the violence problem. Saying, oh these kids are young and stupid. They will learn when they are older. This is the problem, parents and older people need to take responsibility and not stand for this kind of crap with the youth. Especially when the kids aren't stealing from convenient stores, or spray painting houses anymore. They are killing each other with weapons. I won't speak for everybody here, but a majority of Americans don't do the things that gangbangers in Chicago do when they are 17 years old. Age means nothing, actions do. I do agree with your assessment on if he had better role models like D. Rose he might not be a knucklehead. But he doesn't, and saying he doesn't know any better yet is the easy thing to do, and it doesn't help the kids in Chicago that gang bang, or the kids that get killed from these types of kids.

Until you understand the background and home life Chief Keef or any other of these kids have you really can't speak about how they should be doing the right things. Kids don't grow up knowing right from wrong unless they are taught that. Chief Keef lives with his Grandma which tells you right there his parents aren't in the picture guiding him in his life. If you don't get guidance at home, you'll more than likely seek it out in the streets.

Semantics, and off topic. The problem isn't with me or what I do and don't understand. There is no duck and dodge, there is a simple fact that these kids behavior is not acceptable, and it should not be tolerated. Kids are dying. It isn't a joke. If parents took responsibility and said enough, and actually parented, instead of holding the attitude that these kids are young and stupid, and will learn when they are older, maybe things would change. And grandmas can do it just as well as any parent can. You see, it isn't an excuse Polynice. Excuses are not helping innocent kids that die because johnny over here doesn't have parents. Those excuses don't hold up in court, and they shouldn't hold up in any household. Period. Again, the problem isn't what I do and don't understand, the problem has been going on for over 20 years in Chicago and is getting worse and worse. It's time to take this seriously.

So what are you disagreeing with me about? I said a lack of parenting is the problem, you seem to be saying the same thing. What are we debating here? :dontknow:
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
LobosJordan
Head Coach

Post#44 » by LobosJordan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:18 am

Polynice4Pippen wrote:So what are you disagreeing with me about? I said a lack of parenting is the problem, you seem to be saying the same thing. What are we debating here? :dontknow:

Not debating anything. Just stating that the thinking that these kids are young and stupid, and don't know any better is archaic and passé. These kids are smarter than we are giving them credit for. And there is no accountability from their elders. I don't have a magic bullet solution for the problem. But I do know what is part of the problem, and it is the lack of interest.
Ballin27
Senior
And1: 1

Post#45 » by Ballin27 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 am

LobosJordan wrote:
Polynice4Pippen wrote:

I agree that this type of behavior should not be tolerated, but if you are part of a single parent household and that parent has to work 40+ hour weeks at a job that most likely pays minimum wage to barely support the family...well then there is where the gangs come in. The parent isn't around at all, the kid might want to help out his mom/dad and sees the money that some of the people on his block are making by slanging drugs or what not and thus he gets into the culture and once you are in it, it is damn near impossible to get out.

Just one of many scenarios and it really is sad and tragic at what has been going on around the city, but it is a systematic problem more than anything.
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#46 » by Polynice4Pippen » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:23 am

LobosJordan wrote:
Polynice4Pippen wrote:So what are you disagreeing with me about? I said a lack of parenting is the problem, you seem to be saying the same thing. What are we debating here? :dontknow:

Not debating anything. Just stating that the thinking that these kids are young and stupid, and don't know any better is archaic and passé. These kids are smarter than we are giving them credit for. And there is no accountability from their elders. I don't have a magic bullet solution for the problem. But I do know what is part of the problem, and it is the lack of interest.

Not if they aren't actually taught and guided and parented.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#47 » by Jvaughn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:25 am

patryk7754 wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:
What an idiot. Someone accuses you as being a representative of the violence in Chicago, and he threatens the guy with violence? What the hell?

Thats how it is when youre from the ghetto

Not necessarily. My stepbrother grew up in the ghetto with no real role models, and went a completely different route. He saw what was around him and knew he wanted no part of that. He now makes six figures. Even Rose grew up in a bad area, and made it big. You can't always just blame your surroundings.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#48 » by AAU Teammate » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:25 am

Lets also point out that parenting is a skill, and when you have someone unskilled in it--your output is only going to be as good as your input-- in anything. single mothers do a herculean effort, but it still takes two in order to get you your best shot at good results... one person means that one person needs to exert double the effort in an already difficult situation.

plus, you have an economic situation where some parents work long hours to get by........there is a lot of free time in there for a child to get drawn into other things. that means no homework help at home, etc.

I think it's simplistic to just want the parents to magically be better. There is a vicious cycle where problematic parenting is becoming the role model, and the kid follows that modeling and employs those same problematic parenting traits with their own kids.
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#49 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:26 am

LobosJordan wrote:

I agree with you lobos. However, I think I understand the point he and ChicagoStrong are trying to make is the problem is really children having children. When your mom is 13 or 14 when you are born, you probably don't have much of a parental system in place. Then the teenage moms realize they can draw a larger welfare check and an extra $200/mo in food stamps for another baby and they TRY to get pregnant again. The problem just perpetuates itself and we wind up with these serious social issues.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
Al Swearengen
Starter
And1: 729

Post#50 » by Al Swearengen » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:27 am

I know I'm putting way too much thought and energy into this, but I seriously doubt this is anywhere near true. I'm sure gangs were a part of life for Rose, in that no one who lives in a place like that is outside of their influence. But, one of the half-decent things gangs usually do is look out for talented young guys, or at least make sure they keep them out of the life. I grew up in the city, not in a terrible neighborhood, and even I know guys who were way less talented than Rose, and the gangs in their neighborhood still kept them out of harm's way.

I don't doubt for a second that Rose probably knew many gang members, and he can probably still name some that looked out for him and made sure he didn't get involved with anything dangerous.

But thinking he was taking part in that lifestyle is stupid.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,400

Post#51 » by Michael Jackson » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:27 am

LobosJordan wrote:

Hence why they lash out. Lack of interest.
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#52 » by AAU Teammate » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:29 am

Al Swearengen wrote:I know I'm putting way too much thought and energy into this, but I seriously doubt this is anywhere near true. I'm sure gangs were a part of life for Rose, in that no one who lives in a place like that is outside of their influence. But, one of the half-decent things gangs usually do is look out for talented young guys, or at least make sure they keep them out of the life. I grew up in the city, not in a terrible neighborhood, and even I know guys who were way less talented than Rose, and the gangs in their neighborhood still kept them out of harm's way.

I don't doubt for a second that Rose probably knew many gang members, and he can probably still name some that looked out for him and made sure he didn't get involved with anything dangerous.

To be fair though, isn't the prevailing thinking on the Ben Wilson situation that he was affiliated or perhaps a step beyond affiliation?
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#53 » by patryk7754 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:30 am

Jvaughn wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:
What an idiot. Someone accuses you as being a representative of the violence in Chicago, and he threatens the guy with violence? What the hell?

Thats how it is when youre from the ghetto

Not necessarily. My stepbrother grew up in the ghetto with no real role models, and went a completely different route. He saw what was around him and knew he wanted no part of that. He now makes six figures. Even Rose grew up in a bad area, and made it big. You can't always just blame your surroundings.

i didn't mean everyone from the ghetto his a moronic thug, that's just moronic thugs come from.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#54 » by patryk7754 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:32 am

Al Swearengen wrote:I know I'm putting way too much thought and energy into this, but I seriously doubt this is anywhere near true. I'm sure gangs were a part of life for Rose, in that no one who lives in a place like that is outside of their influence. But, one of the half-decent things gangs usually do is look out for talented young guys, or at least make sure they keep them out of the life. I grew up in the city, not in a terrible neighborhood, and even I know guys who were way less talented than Rose, and the gangs in their neighborhood still kept them out of harm's way.

This pretty much sums it up
LobosJordan
Head Coach

Post#55 » by LobosJordan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:33 am

The kids having kids argument is exactly right. I didn't want to go down that route, but it's my thinking exactly. Pregnancy is 100% preventable, and it is nobody's fault but the people themselves who have the babies. And you know what, a lot of these babies are born out of wedlock, and it almost always ends up with a a single parent. It is just a vicious cycle, that is pretty much unsolvable.
JockItch43
Analyst
And1: 353

Post#56 » by JockItch43 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:13 am

I do remember Garnett yelling out "f*** GD" to Drose on a layup attemp during Roses first year playoff matchup with the Celtics. At the time I thought it was Garnett acting like an idiot like usual, but maybe he knew something?
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,740

Post#57 » by chitownsalesmen » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:13 am

You know one thing that would really help inner-city youths, a better education system.

Sadly with the economy the way it is, once the Government rolls-back more entitlement spending and other spending cut backs, the violence and poverty issues of Chicago will only get that much worse.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#58 » by BR0D1E86 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:38 am

patryk7754 wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:What an idiot. Someone accuses you as being a representative of the violence in Chicago, and he threatens the guy with violence? What the hell?

Thats how it is when youre [a moron] from the ghetto

Fixed that one for you. I refuse to believe that all poor inner city residents are human garbage.

I'll expand on this.. I'm a sheriff's deputy. I see all sides of society. I know people from trash situations that picked themselves up. I also know the 31 year old female who just became a grandma who doesn't want to get a job, because if she does the government won't pay for her food, her government-fixed $100 a month rent will go up, the government will stop paying that $100 in rent every month and she'd lose her free government cell phone. That's neither here nor there in this thread I guess, I'm just fed up dealing with some of these people lately. The way the system is set up now there's no incentive to work to improve themselves for any of these people. It's easier to suckle off the increasing minority of us that actually work for a living.

OK, that was cathartic for me. Everyone can just ignore it. I need a vacation.
MalikJoakim24
Banned User
And1: 3,420

Post#59 » by MalikJoakim24 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:45 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:Is that in English? Sure is some crappy music if you can even call it that. Honestly, I can't understand a word of it, nor do I give it any credibility. This punk is just trying to use Rose's name to get publicity for his garbage song (although I never hear his name anywhere- but like I said, I need a translator)

:lol: Chief keef is garbage, I understood everything he said, it's trap rap flow
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#60 » by johnnyvann840 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:07 am

BR0D1E86 wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:What an idiot. Someone accuses you as being a representative of the violence in Chicago, and he threatens the guy with violence? What the hell?

Thats how it is when youre [a moron] from the ghetto

Fixed that one for you. I refuse to believe that all poor inner city residents are human garbage.

I'll expand on this.. I'm a sheriff's deputy. I see all sides of society. I know people from trash situations that picked themselves up. I also know the 31 year old female who just became a grandma who doesn't want to get a job, because if she does the government won't pay for her food, her government-fixed $100 a month rent will go up, the government will stop paying that $100 in rent every month and she'd lose her free government cell phone. That's neither here nor there in this thread I guess, I'm just fed up dealing with some of these people lately. The way the system is set up now there's no incentive to work to improve themselves for any of these people. It's easier to suckle off the increasing minority of us that actually work for a living.

OK, that was cathartic for me. Everyone can just ignore it. I need a vacation.

Good post. I know we've gotten way off topic here, but I'll add this..

There was an article I read in Colorado about a woman with three children, living in a sec 8 house (very nice one btw), was paying $280.00/mo rent (subsidized by the gov't of course) the rent would have been at least $1250 for that house in that neighborhood, on top of that, she received over $520/mo for herself and another $520 for each of the three kids, plus another $975/mo in food stamps and HCPF (medicaid). Oh, and a free phone with 250 minutes per month on it. She was living at a level with as much disposable income as a family of four with two parents working and making over $65,000/yr at their jobs. And people are able to stay on these programs for years. What a deal. Food for nothing, rent almost free, very good healthcare for free and plenty of disposable income. Makes poverty sound pretty good, huh? In AZ it's gotten so bad with illegals cashing in on gov't programs. They are experts at jobbing the system and getting benefits galore. Cash assistance, nutrition assistance (food stamps), access (free healthcare). They live better than half the working people in AZ.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson

Return to Chicago Bulls