Image ImageImage Image

Chief Keefs Hints at D. Rose Gang Affiliation on New Song

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Seinfeld
Banned User
And1: 37

Re: Chief Keefs Hints at D. Rose Gang Affiliation on New Son 

Post#101 » by Seinfeld » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:21 pm

BR0D1E86 wrote:
ryannik09 wrote:
I dont understand how someone can point a gun at a police office and only get 18 months probation, the world will be a better place when he is dead or locked away for the rest of his life.

I am a law enforcement officer. I was actually assaulted and the guy got probation. It's a messed up world man.

EDIT: He was charged with a felony, he reached a quick plea deal without much effort from the DA.

Well maybe you shouldn't have:

Violated his civil rights

Put his cuffs on so tight

Chased him down for no reason when he was only "suggesting" that the old lady hand over her purse

Called him the N-word (or the S-word, or the R-word, you didn't mention the color of his skin)

I hope you know I'm kidding, much respect to you guys. :bowdown: There's no way in hell I could do your job without being charged with a civil-rights violation within my first week on the streets.
BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Post#102 » by BR0D1E86 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:23 pm

kyrv wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:I'm fine, thanks man. He's on the streets since he finished serving out the time on his low-level sex-based crimes. Everybody wins. I mean everyone except for society.

Glad to hear it (well not the part of him being out). I remember when you mentioned you were doing the career change, guess that's been a while now ;p, first thing I thought of was the personal safety angle. :( :)

Yeah, it's been a couple years. I'm one of our agency's defensive tactics instructors so I like to think I can handle myself pretty well. It is what it is, can't take it personally.
Polynice4Pippen
RealGM
And1: 13,149

Post#103 » by Polynice4Pippen » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:58 pm

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:Here is your answer below:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWnmiKDLWjs[/youtube]

I can't believe that the police or DCFS have not gotten involved after watching this.

Kinda says it all right there now doesn't it? Kids don't know right from wrong if their parents don't even have the decency to try and teach 'em right from wrong.
Jerry Reinsdorf; the undisputed king of allowing his GM's to run amok with unchecked power and ego. :king:
Mobby
Analyst
And1: 424

Post#104 » by Mobby » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:16 pm

I've only read up to page 3, but I want to throw in the fact that some parents condone and even encourage gang-mentality or at least drug dealing because, according to them, it's a part of growing up or becoming a man.

Not all parents should be criticized or condemned for "not standing up" to it, but rather because they actually support it. On a related, sociopolitical note, the politicians, and indeed all of us as a city -- as a community -- should be criticized and condemned for not standing up for the systemic -- not the shallow, individualized issues that a lot of us are pointing to as the problem -- but the systemic issues that corrupt these neighborhoods; we all are at fault here. That's the real issue.
CousinOfDeath
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,260

Post#105 » by CousinOfDeath » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:07 am

hahahahahahahahahaha

Chief Keef just shouted his name cus he's famous and from Chicago that can't be taken as legitimate evidence of gang affiliation.
suckfish wrote:Reminder: NBA players are stupid.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 466

Post#106 » by Mr. Tibbs » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:26 am

Red Larrivee wrote:
Mr. Tibbs wrote:i think i see a bigger problem with this because he's a kid sending this kinda message..imo it will resonate more with kids/teens who are impressionable to the point of delusion. I think kids tend to make up more of the fanatical fan base of most stars, and they tend to gravitate to younger performers. Imagine little romeo or bow wow doing this in their heyday with their following. You'd get something like this, and I personally think this would influence a kid more than any adult rapper talking about the same stuff.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hxN7HXsSGk[/youtube]

sad to say another Chicago product here...

I still don't understand. Why pretend like Chief Keef is the only 17-18 yearold making this type of music? You can find a Chief Keef in every state, tons of them actually. In high school I had tons of friends who were local rappers and they talked about the same stuff. This is what hip hop is now. In the 90's, hip hop had people talking about the same type of stuff and emphasizing street life. Keef really isn't being an innovator.

I think if you have a problem with Keef's music, it's not really about just him, but bigger picture the subject matter in hip hop...which is never going to change. I'm not afraid to say I listen to Keef's music, and for happy/party moods, it's great.

But the main point for this thread is that Keef doesn't hint at gang affiliation with D.Rose in any sort of way.

Really? I don't know too many 17-18 year olds rapping like this that get put on a national platform by someone as big as kanye. You may be, and probably are right that there are young rappers like this, but I still think this is different given his reach and the record setting year of bloodshed Chicago is under. Regardless of that..you're right and i agree the original premise of this thread is stupid and means nothing.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,740

Post#107 » by chitownsalesmen » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:26 am

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:Here is your answer below:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWnmiKDLWjs[/youtube]
I can't believe that the police or DCFS have not gotten involved after watching this.

I don't know about that part in bold but if I was an aspiring rapper I wouldn't be caught dead with that kid and if I was his father I would probably feel like I failed, hard.

That kids going to be a train-wreck and his music makes me embarrassed to say hip-hop is my main music genre.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,213

Post#108 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:54 am

Mr. Tibbs wrote:
Red Larrivee wrote:
Mr. Tibbs wrote:i think i see a bigger problem with this because he's a kid sending this kinda message..imo it will resonate more with kids/teens who are impressionable to the point of delusion. I think kids tend to make up more of the fanatical fan base of most stars, and they tend to gravitate to younger performers. Imagine little romeo or bow wow doing this in their heyday with their following. You'd get something like this, and I personally think this would influence a kid more than any adult rapper talking about the same stuff.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hxN7HXsSGk[/youtube]

sad to say another Chicago product here...

I still don't understand. Why pretend like Chief Keef is the only 17-18 yearold making this type of music? You can find a Chief Keef in every state, tons of them actually. In high school I had tons of friends who were local rappers and they talked about the same stuff. This is what hip hop is now. In the 90's, hip hop had people talking about the same type of stuff and emphasizing street life. Keef really isn't being an innovator.

I think if you have a problem with Keef's music, it's not really about just him, but bigger picture the subject matter in hip hop...which is never going to change. I'm not afraid to say I listen to Keef's music, and for happy/party moods, it's great.

But the main point for this thread is that Keef doesn't hint at gang affiliation with D.Rose in any sort of way.

Really? I don't know too many 17-18 year olds rapping like this that get put on a national platform by someone as big as kanye. You may be, and probably are right that there are young rappers like this, but I still think this is different given his reach and the record setting year of bloodshed Chicago is under. Regardless of that..you're right and i agree the original premise of this thread is stupid and means nothing.

Keef isn't a kanye guy. He isn't part of G.O.O.D music. Keef has made his product off of south side violence which he is a product of and elbow grease. Keef impressed me at first because he did what he did. His twitter antics after he signed his contract though was inexcusable. This thread is stupid I agree. Derek rose was mentioned in " I Don't Like". It has nothing to do with gang affiliation. Nothing. Keef's path can be argued. He isn't wise.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#109 » by Red Larrivee » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:10 am

Full lyrics from this song:

Don't make me call D. Rose boy
He six double-o boy
And he keep that po boy
You gon' get **** over

You can interpret this 2 ways:

1. Don't make me call D.Rose's boy...which wouldn't be Rose. I'm sure Rose has plenty of friends who are in gangs.
2. Just another way to name drop D.Rose, as they have in plenty of other GBE songs.
WestsideResider
Head Coach
And1: 3,087

Post#110 » by WestsideResider » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:55 am

Or maybe he wasn't talking about Derrick Rose at all?
I'm not here to argue.
Ballin27
Senior
And1: 1

Post#111 » by Ballin27 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:26 am

mysterdi wrote:I asked someone I know who's...ahem, affiliated with the gangster disciples and he said Derrick Rose is definitely NOT a gangster disciple, but one of his brothers is. He said this Cheef Keef kid is a black disciple and he had rap beef with this other rapper, Lil JoJo, who was a gangster disciple and who was murdered about a month ago. He also said that apparently Derrick Rose paid for Lil JoJo's funeral so this could be like a subliminal diss at the gangster disciples. It's sad.

I heard the same thing about Rose paying for JoJo's funeral even though I don't know if that was true it was definitely a good gesture from him if it was. The JoJo murder was also the week that Rose broke down in that Adidas interview.

JoJo was a GD, not saying this is true but hypothetically speaking Rose is throwing up GD in that pic and pays for a GD's funeral.... then you can make another connection there.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#112 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:33 am

Ballin27 wrote:
mysterdi wrote:I asked someone I know who's...ahem, affiliated with the gangster disciples and he said Derrick Rose is definitely NOT a gangster disciple, but one of his brothers is. He said this Cheef Keef kid is a black disciple and he had rap beef with this other rapper, Lil JoJo, who was a gangster disciple and who was murdered about a month ago. He also said that apparently Derrick Rose paid for Lil JoJo's funeral so this could be like a subliminal diss at the gangster disciples. It's sad.

I heard the same thing about Rose paying for JoJo's funeral even though I don't know if that was true it was definitely a good gesture from him if it was. The JoJo murder was also the week that Rose broke down in that Adidas interview.

JoJo was a GD, not saying this is true but hypothetically speaking Rose is throwing up GD in that pic and pays for a GD's funeral.... then you can make another connection there.

Couldn't be that he has respect for his neighborhood. Naw that couldn't be it
BIGGIEsmalls 23
Banned User
And1: 810

Post#113 » by BIGGIEsmalls 23 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:51 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
Ballin27 wrote:

Couldn't be that he has respect for his neighborhood. Naw that couldn't be it

Thank you.

Look here my RealGM Bulls board brethren. D-Rose is NOT a gang member, nor is he affiliated with a gang. Unfortunately, he was not raised in a neighborhood where he can take a break from his multi-million dollar profession & go back from time to time visiting old friends that are now doctors, lawyers, & architects living in a gated community drinking coffee.

He's from Englewood, so the chances of him having shady family members and/or childhood buddies is probably high. That does not mean that he's coming home to attend gang funerals & show up in recording studios with local gang-banging rappers.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#114 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:01 am

My **** D-Rose. Who cares. People throw up gang signs all the time...I dont think hes GD. Maybe his brother. That picture was from him at Memphis...he probably was just repping Chicago or something.
Ricky ROY Rubio
Sixth Man
And1: 498

Post#115 » by Ricky ROY Rubio » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:26 pm

keefs saying Derrick is a gangster disciple and not to mess with him or you'll get dealt with in the appropriate manner.
eye test>cherry picked empty stats
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#116 » by Michael Jackson » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:43 pm

Ricky ROY Rubio wrote:keefs saying Derrick is a gangster disciple and not to mess with him or you'll get dealt with in the appropriate manner.

Really? So Rose is GD while Keef is BD? Yup solid logic there. This thread has been debunked already time for it to die.
Shaud
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,061

Post#117 » by Shaud » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:49 am

Thread old and I came across it but no Chief Keef was not talking about the basketball player.
AAU Teammate
RealGM
And1: 803

Post#118 » by AAU Teammate » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:58 am

This is a place where some naivete will show with half our Bulls fanbase here.

When you grow up in an extreme environment, there are extreme responses to that environment. Responses that we (those of us lucky enough to have not grown up there) do not have to have. And we can shoot spitballs at it from afar, judging it.

You grow up in a gang-riddled neighborhood, then gangs begin replacing things in your life, whether it be father, parenting, siblings, economic role, education, etc. It seeps in and you can keep it out in grades (whereas the idealist would say you keep it out 100% or 0%).

If Rose had an affiliation but kept that life from penetrating everything that he is, I say kudos to him. I taught 7th graders that have an affiliation and they were beyond harmless. But it goes to show how that world has a negative influence that permeates everything.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,938

Post#119 » by Axl Rose » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:10 am

hes not talking about drose the basketball player....its some kid he knows nicknamed drose
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
brycey
Pro Prospect
And1: 264

Post#120 » by brycey » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:19 am

so d rose spent his offseason making it rain with 2chainz in the booty club? since hes a gangsta right
Ball so hard Mfers wanna fine me

Return to Chicago Bulls