Image ImageImage Image

Chief Keefs Hints at D. Rose Gang Affiliation on New Song

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Jerry Krizause
Sixth Man
And1: 136

Re: Chief Keefs Hints at D. Rose Gang Affiliation on New Son 

Post#61 » by Jerry Krizause » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:11 am

Derrick could very well be gang affiliated - let's not be naive homers here. I mean, there's a picture of him throwing up GD in this very thread.

As a side note here, I just want to say that I am 100% convinced that Chief Keef is going to throw his life away. If you want to talk about a kid who just doesn't "get it", it's him. I just read that he was in court either today or yesterday for multiple violations of his probation, and he was in the courthouse strutting around like he owned the joint, making cocky comments and whatnot. I believe I read that he signed the court papers "Chief Keef". He was/is being investigated for his connection in a murder, he mocked the murder victim on Twitter, he was just caught associating with Black Disciples on King Drive, he threatened physical violence on Lupe Fiasco, he got banned from a picture sharing website for posting a picture of himself "getting tip", so on and so on. On top of all that, people in the city have a bounty on his head.

I wanted Chief Keef to make it because he's from here, but the more you find out about him, the more you dislike him. He's just a kid, but really, nothing about him is likable. He's going to meet a bad end, and that's too bad.
Derrick Rose Thread 87: It's Time To Murder Derrick Rose
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 466

Post#62 » by Mr. Tibbs » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:22 am

this is obviously reaching..but it really bothers me that Rose has anything to do with Keef. There was an interview I think posted here where the interviewer asked him what music he was listening to and he mentioned he listened to chicago ppl like keef. I shuddered upon hearing that. Also, I'm not sure if this is confirmed but I heard that Rose either donated to or covered the entire cost for the funeral for that Lil Jojo who was killed. Long story short..lil jojo was a young kid who made similar music to keef except frequently blasted keef and his camp. Jojo was shot and killed. Not too long after Keef made fun of the dead child on twitter (since taken down).

I am so with Lupe with this. It's not even music..it's chanting and it may as well be the anthem for this year of Chicago murder. It's frightening and it to me it doesn't sound too much different than Hitler chanting hateful, powerful messages to droves of brainwashed drones. Not to say that Keef is the root of all of these problems..but personally I feel like kanye putting him on, Drose mentioning his name as someone he listens to, just lends credence to his message and brings justification to all these poor kids and gangbangers to kill.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
Seinfeld
Banned User
And1: 37

Post#63 » by Seinfeld » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:25 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:I'll expand on this.. I'm a sheriff's deputy. I see all sides of society. I know people from trash situations that picked themselves up. I also know the 31 year old female who just became a grandma who doesn't want to get a job, because if she does the government won't pay for her food, her government-fixed $100 a month rent will go up, the government will stop paying that $100 in rent every month and she'd lose her free government cell phone. That's neither here nor there in this thread I guess, I'm just fed up dealing with some of these people lately. The way the system is set up now there's no incentive to work to improve themselves for any of these people. It's easier to suckle off the increasing minority of us that actually work for a living.

OK, that was cathartic for me. Everyone can just ignore it. I need a vacation.

Good post. I know we've gotten way off topic here, but I'll add this..

There was an article I read in Colorado about a woman with three children, living in a sec 8 house (very nice one btw), was paying $280.00/mo rent (subsidized by the gov't of course) the rent would have been at least $1250 for that house in that neighborhood, on top of that, she received over $520/mo for herself and another $520 for each of the three kids, plus another $975/mo in food stamps and HCPF (medicaid). Oh, and a free phone with 250 minutes per month on it. She was living at a level with as much disposable income as a family of four with two parents working and making over $65,000/yr at their jobs. And people are able to stay on these programs for years. What a deal. Food for nothing, rent almost free, very good healthcare for free and plenty of disposable income. Makes poverty sound pretty good, huh? In AZ it's gotten so bad with illegals cashing in on gov't programs. They are experts at jobbing the system and getting benefits galore. Cash assistance, nutrition assistance (food stamps), access (free healthcare). They live better than half the working people in AZ.

Those numbers all sound accurate, but why does she get the $520 a month cash for herself and each of the 3 kids?
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,886

Post#64 » by MAQ » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:27 am

Mr. Tibbs wrote:this is obviously reaching..but it really bothers me that Rose has anything to do with Keef. There was an interview I think posted here where the interviewer asked him what music he was listening to and he mentioned he listened to chicago ppl like keef. I shuddered upon on hearing that. Also, I'm not sure if this is confirmed but I heard that Rose either donated or covered the entire cost for the funeral for that Lil Jojo who was killed. Long story short..lil jojo was a young kid who made similar music to keef except frequently blasted keef and his camp. Jojo was shot and killed. Not too long after Keef made fun of the dead child on twitter (since taken down).

I am so with Lupe with this. It's not even music..it's chanting and it may as well be the anthem for this year of Chicago murder. It's frightening and it to me it doesn't sound too much different than Hitler chanting hateful, powerful messages to droves of brainwashed drones. Not to say that Keef is the root of all of these problems..but personally I feel like kanye putting him on, Drose mentioning his name as someone he listens to, just lends credence to his message and brings justification to all these poor kids and gangbangers to kill.

I agree with you 100 percent.

Except, I think Rose paying for Jojo's funeral was very respectable. I doubt Jojo's mother/parents had the money to take care of everything. Although her son's message might not have been a good one, she had a burden to bare that she probably didn't know how to take care of.

I just hope, for the sake of Rose being a "role model" (lets face it, lots of young kids from Chicago do/will look up to him), he distant himself from music of this nature in the future. He should be (yes, I'm saying what Rose should be doing) telling kids that that is what they should steer away from, not promoting it as something that's enjoyable, even if only to listen to.
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#65 » by Mech Engineer » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:29 am

I think Rose doesn't even stay in that area. Doesn't he live in Deerfield or Trump Tower?
He is too big of an icon and will be a bigger one worldwide to even think about this stuff unless he is super crazy.
With his ACL injury, he probably knows it more than ever that his basketball life/riches can go away any time.

As Barkley was telling the other day about financial management for younger guys in the NBA...once they stop giving money to their friends/family, they will hate you anyways. I hope D-Rose doesn't become too idealistic and try to help out his old neighborhood too much because somebody is going to mis-use him. He has to be really smart and let that be handled carefully by his brothers or somebody else he trusts.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach

Post#66 » by Mr. Tibbs » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:31 am

yeah I don't see Rose paying for the funeral as a negative thing either, just figured I'd mention it.
MAQ
RealGM

Post#67 » by MAQ » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:31 am

And don't even get me started on how disappointed in Kanye I am.

I remember him saying the line on the song Get Down "That's why I hear new music and I just don't be feeling it".

WTF happened to THAT Kanye? Dude losing his mother messed him up beyond repair, IMO. He's still a beast musically. His last album (personal album, not compilation) was definitely his best album to date, but still...He's disappointing in terms of being a "voice for the people".
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach

Post#68 » by Mr. Tibbs » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:34 am

MAQ wrote:And don't even get me started on how disappointed in Kanye I am.

I remember him saying the line on the song Get Down "That's why I hear new music and I just don't be feeling it".

WTF happened to THAT Kanye? Dude losing his mother messed him up beyond repair, IMO. He's still a beast musically. His last album (personal album, not compilation) was definitely his best album to date, but still...He's disappointing in terms of being a "voice for the people".

Agreed. Dark Twisted Fantasy was an amazing album, but he was never a cooler Chicagoan than on the College Dropout.
freshtrinity46
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#69 » by freshtrinity46 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:35 am

Hotstove907 wrote:D.Rose must be the most soft spoken gangster of all time. How many gang members get so emotional? Obviously he has friends etc. that grew up in that life but you really think Reggie and brothers would be allowing that at any point in his life? Rose would of had to sneak out to go "bang" haha

He could be emotional in that sense if he sees friends or others in the area getting shot. Emotional to have it out of his life and that kids get caught up in it
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#70 » by patryk7754 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:37 am

The only reason he did his song was because of the beat, which I think was amazing
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#71 » by patryk7754 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:39 am

As a former student of both private and inner-city public school in St. Louis education plays a remarkably huge role in things like this.
MAQ
RealGM

Post#72 » by MAQ » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:41 am

patryk7754 wrote:

The only reason he did his song was because of the beat, which I think was amazing

That excuse isn't good enough. He's putting a message out there about Chicago that he consistently tries to speak against (quoting murders in Chicago in 1 year on multiple songs).

If he was looking for a good young Chicago artist and a good beat, he could have looked just a little harder and found someone way more deserving.
patryk7754
General Manager

Post#73 » by patryk7754 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:43 am

MAQ wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:

That excuse isn't good enough. He's putting a message out there about Chicago that he consistently tries to speak against (quoting murders in Chicago in 1 year on multiple songs).

If he was looking for a good young Chicago artist and a good beat, he could have looked just a little harder and found someone way more deserving.

I'm not making an excuse for him and I do agree with 100%.
mymysql
Sixth Man
And1: 303

Post#74 » by mymysql » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:52 am

My that's terrible. He should go back to making 6 word anthems like "I Don't Like."
Chicago-n
Rookie
And1: 35

Post#75 » by Chicago-n » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:10 am

Jerry Krizause wrote:Derrick could very well be gang affiliated - let's not be naive homers here. I mean, there's a picture of him throwing up GD in this very thread.

I can throw up the fin at a party, doesn't make me a stone.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#76 » by Red Larrivee » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:15 am

I honestly don't see a huge problem with Chief Keef. He's not the first rapper to make this type of music. Fact is people like this type of music, and he had a pretty big following even before Kanye remixed his song. Whatever they do in the streets is their business.

And plenty of local Chicago street rappers are going to mention D.Rose because he's a cult icon. Doesn't mean he's affiliated with their gang or anything.
[Yoda]
Junior
And1: 58

Post#77 » by [Yoda] » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:47 am

If D.Rose is in a gang, then that gang must be the most 'softest' gang ever! He may have a few friends in a gang.. I know a few friends who were in Gangs.. I wasn't...But I was still cool with them and hung out with them outside of their "gang" friends. I am sure growing in Chicago, Rose experienced this much more.
ImageImageImage
mysterdi
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#78 » by mysterdi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:13 am

I asked someone I know who's...ahem, affiliated with the gangster disciples and he said Derrick Rose is definitely NOT a gangster disciple, but one of his brothers is. He said this Cheef Keef kid is a black disciple and he had rap beef with this other rapper, Lil JoJo, who was a gangster disciple and who was murdered about a month ago. He also said that apparently Derrick Rose paid for Lil JoJo's funeral so this could be like a subliminal diss at the gangster disciples. It's sad.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach

Post#79 » by Mr. Tibbs » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:07 am

Red Larrivee wrote:I honestly don't see a huge problem with Chief Keef. He's not the first rapper to make this type of music. Fact is people like this type of music, and he had a pretty big following even before Kanye remixed his song. Whatever they do in the streets is their business.

And plenty of local Chicago street rappers are going to mention D.Rose because he's a cult icon. Doesn't mean he's affiliated with their gang or anything.

i think i see a bigger problem with this because he's a kid sending this kinda message..imo it will resonate more with kids/teens who are impressionable to the point of delusion. I think kids tend to make up more of the fanatical fan base of most stars, and they tend to gravitate to younger performers. Imagine little romeo or bow wow doing this in their heyday with their following. You'd get something like this, and I personally think this would influence a kid more than any adult rapper talking about the same stuff.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hxN7HXsSGk[/youtube]

sad to say another Chicago product here...
Slip7
Veteran
And1: 69

Post#80 » by Slip7 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:23 pm

all chief keef did is shout out d rose. the title is way overblown. they are both from the south side. does rose know gang members, im sure he does. did he throw up a gang sign in college? yea. but who hasnt messed around at a party with friends and thrown up a gang sign. its just part of listening to rap music

as far as chief keef, i like chief keef. his music is made to get you hype. like pre-game music with your friends. if you want to listen to chief keef for lyrical content and a message then hes not for you. but if 10 oclock on a friday and you and your friends are about to go out then enjoy it for what it is

Return to Chicago Bulls