Image ImageImage Image

Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Update Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Update Thread 

Post#681 » by d boy gentleman » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:50 am

BullsEye1 wrote:Hope D.Rose do not return in those stupid adizero shoes.

Shoes had nothing to do with his injury. Statement is almost as idiotic as Jason Petrie's comments when Derrick injured his knee...
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
The Explorer
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#682 » by The Explorer » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:51 am

How long do you all think it will take him to play full minutes? I would imagine he plays 20 min a night for a week or two, with no back to backs.
DaeDae
Analyst
And1: 661

Post#683 » by DaeDae » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:01 am

charity stripe wrote:How long do you all think it will take him to play full minutes? I would imagine he plays 20 min a night for a week or two, with no back to backs.

Last week of the season. MAYBE.
Red Larrivee wrote:The Bulls have too many untouchables for a team without a second option.
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,713

Post#684 » by Ctownbulls » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:06 am

DaeDae wrote:
charity stripe wrote:How long do you all think it will take him to play full minutes? I would imagine he plays 20 min a night for a week or two, with no back to backs.

Last week of the season. MAYBE.

Why do you say that? Rose has been going through conditioning the entire time. Whether it be riding on a bike during the early stages or running now. It isn't like he has taken a summer off and is working his way back into shape during training camp. He stayed in shape and the next month will be his training camp. He is coming back at 100% and will just need to play in game situations to get his stamina back.

I say 2 weeks after his return hes at 30 minutes.
Gmoney3
Bench Warmer
And1: 445

Post#685 » by Gmoney3 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:28 am

We have done the hypothetical what would have happened in the playoffs last year had Rose been healthy.

But, something I haven't seen discussed here much.

As good as the Bulls are playing, what is our record today had Rose never been injured.

Is he worth a couple more wins so far, 5 more wins, etc?

Are we 30-10 right now?
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#686 » by Jvaughn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:17 am

Lewnilli0605 wrote:

8-)

I don't have Flash on my phone. What he say?
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
DaGreatLewdini
Pro Prospect
And1: 325
Location: From Chicago to Champaign, but still a South Side kid!

Post#687 » by DaGreatLewdini » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:56 am

Jvaughn wrote:
Lewnilli0605 wrote:

8-)

I don't have Flash on my phone. What he say?

Thibs ended by saying... "Yeah, he's taking more contact, and he's doing well"
Image Image
SeniorWalker
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,855
Location: at the event horizon and well on my way in, but you're wondering when i'll get there

Post#688 » by SeniorWalker » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:09 am

AirP. wrote:
Pong-Man83 wrote:
DRoseChiCity420 wrote:Ok why does Bucher say this **** then if it nots true

Dude just sounds so sure of himself,its quite annoying

Rich Bucher is a Rose homer so I don't hate on him much, but he also once said that Kobe to Bulls was immanent and that kobe in general would never play for the Lakers again.

He's known to say things, and the complete opposite happens.

Didn't Kobe actually get caught saying he was done with the Lakers and was going to play for the Bulls? I remember seeing that video back in 2007.

Yes he did, though I don't know if Bucher gets a pass on that.

What would be hilarious is if NBA journalists were required to cite sources in all the trade hoopla.
A good percentage would be
"On RealGM, at 11:59PM X poster said this:..."
"And always remember: one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, knick knack, paddy whack, give a dog a bone, two thousand, zero, zero, party, oops! Out of time, my bacon smellin' fine."
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#689 » by kingkirk » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:29 am

organix85 wrote:
KingCuban wrote:If you're American and you're using a Karl Stefanovic gif, well that is just damn great :lol:

Yup... I'm from Chicago 8-) Admittedly, I don't know much about that Karl guy at all though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK2YVTl8Jko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFTxoNMjmiQ

You're welcome.
Jo Jo English
RealGM
And1: 4,979

Post#690 » by Jo Jo English » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:45 am

KingCuban wrote:
organix85 wrote:
KingCuban wrote:If you're American and you're using a Karl Stefanovic gif, well that is just damn great :lol:

Yup... I'm from Chicago 8-) Admittedly, I don't know much about that Karl guy at all though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK2YVTl8Jko

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFTxoNMjmiQ

You're welcome.

:) :D :lol:

(I didn't mean for this to be offensive. Really, I didn't.)
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#691 » by bullsnewdynasty » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:50 am

Regarding the minutes, the only thing I want to say is...

for the love of God Thibs, PLEASE....PLEASE take Rose out when the game is in hand once he comes back. I hope you've learned your lesson that there's no need to have him in the game during a 20 point blowout in the 4th quarter. Just put your stubbornness aside and comply with my one request. He got injured in both 2011 (ankle vs. Pacers) and 2012 during the playoffs by still being in the game when it was already decided.
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,885

Post#692 » by MAQ » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:05 pm

bullsnewdynasty wrote:Regarding the minutes, the only thing I want to say is...

for the love of God Thibs, PLEASE....PLEASE take Rose out when the game is in hand once he comes back. I hope you've learned your lesson that there's no need to have him in the game during a 20 point blowout in the 4th quarter. Just put your stubbornness aside and comply with my one request. He got injured in both 2011 (ankle vs. Pacers) and 2012 during the playoffs by still being in the game when it was already decided.

Rose rolled his ankle in what I believe was the first quarter (if not the first quarter then definitely the first half) of that Pacers game...the game was not in hand or even close to it.

Also is anyone going to mention the big fat elephant in the room which is the fact that Rose wasn't "cleared for full contact" but instead is only taking more contact? After the game during CSN's sports recap show they had video of Rose practicing with the caption that read taking more contact while the guy talking said he's waiting for clearance on full contact
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.
Ice the knees
Veteran
And1: 618

Post#693 » by Ice the knees » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:11 pm

Rose has been taking full contact for some time now I'm sure. Even if it's predictable contact, do you really believe it's only predictable contact?

I'm sure there have been times Rose went and finished. Jimmy Butler has alluded to as much. I wouldn't read too much into the semantics.

Everything has been Rose is doing things and then Thibs reigns in the speculation...Rose is out there practicing with the team full boar though, I am sure of that.
Flopper
Veteran
And1: 2,480

Post#694 » by Flopper » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:21 pm

Lots of good stuff in this CSN article, including some details on the controlled contact practices and some slightly vague, but still interesting first hand accounts of how Rose performed.
LoveDaBoo
RealGM
And1: 1,961

Post#695 » by LoveDaBoo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:33 pm

prokchip wrote:Lots of good stuff in this CSN article, including some details on the controlled contact practices and some slightly vague, but still interesting first hand accounts of how Rose performed.

"Just looking at his body, it's crazy. Compared to where he used to be, his body, he's just been working real hard and you can tell how his jumping ability is, that burst. Even though he's a minute away, that burst, that back cut, it looks so familiar, but even faster," the individual told CSNChicago.com. "It was real competitive, but at the same time, he's still a while away. But he just needs to get his timing back. But he looks great."

Rip.
Step 1: instead of "ass" say "buns." Like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns-hole."
Woj: The NBA's Dickie Dunn.
LinkedList
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#696 » by LinkedList » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Now that he's "almost" at full contact clearance (I bet he's already doing it...), how long until he returns to the court? Have they given a time table for the amount of days he needs "full contact" clearance before he returns to the court?
Viatical
Lead Assistant
And1: 348

Post#697 » by Viatical » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:09 pm

*fantasy owner spotted* *sirens*

There is still no firm timetable for Derrick Rose's return, random guy with Heat stuff all over his profile. Wait I mean "STASH HIM IF HE IS STILL ON THE WAIVER WIRE." :lol:

Just check the first page. There's a whole thread where we're placing bets on when he comes back: Because we have no idea. Sorry!
Chikes26x
Junior
And1: 4

Post#698 » by Chikes26x » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:43 pm

This. Is. So. Awesome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3HOH4Flw_k[/youtube]
Chikes26x
Junior
And1: 4

Post#699 » by Chikes26x » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:23 pm

This one is pretty long, but also super awesome. Great for killing time at work :wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqwyb8Ma7cs[/youtube]
MAQ
RealGM
And1: 2,885

Post#700 » by MAQ » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:53 pm

prokchip wrote:Lots of good stuff in this CSN article, including some details on the controlled contact practices and some slightly vague, but still interesting first hand accounts of how Rose performed.

Reading this got me all sad...he really is a while away...I was thinking one month but I'm not so sure about that anymore
GYBE wrote:I don't think my behaviour changes at all when I'm drunk. But when I'm wasted, my girlfriend becomes a real klutz. She starts walking into doors and falling down stairs. Weird.

Return to Chicago Bulls