Image ImageImage Image

Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Update Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,729

Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Update Thread 

Post#641 » by Jeffster81 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:29 am

Ric is still trying to be relevent. He is also trying to outsmart everyone by saying the opposite what the majority believe in hopes of being right. Reality is, he is going to chit his pants when Rose steps back out on the court this year and look good doing it. Then this ragin' d-bag can go back to being as invisible as a ND girlfriend.
DRoseChiCity420
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#642 » by DRoseChiCity420 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:36 am

Well hearing that makes me think now

I dont get why he just throw that out there :/

Thanks Ric u assclown
organix85
General Manager
And1: 331

Post#643 » by organix85 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:44 am

Morten Jensen wrote:Cleared for full contact!

TyrusRose2425 wrote:Imagine how much more athletic Noah would be if he didn't have his big ass ball sack dragging him down
Toulouse
Junior
And1: 116

Post#644 » by Toulouse » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:50 am

There's no way D-Rose is going to be held out til next season. Otherwise why would they be having him do full contact now? Just for s--- and giggles? What a -----bag. Anyway - can't WAIT!!
chifan1798
RealGM
And1: 2,883

Post#645 » by chifan1798 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:58 am

Lol @ Bucher....didn't Thibs come out and say a long time ago that Rose will be back this season? Not to mention the constant comments and footage of him rehabbing and being in shoot arounds. Why in the world would he sit for the rest of the year after doing all of this? :roll:
micromonkey
Starter
And1: 627

Post#646 » by micromonkey » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:22 am

Bucher got teased as a kid for looking like howdy doody that is why he's a little troll
Pay no attention to him " these aren't the droids you're looking for"

Adrian Peterson is the gold standard for now, drose and ap got similar work ethics
Rubio is a gifted player and I wish him the best but I don't see his conditioning even in the same ballpark
With schump I wish him well but he's not the damn franchise player that is why they are throwing him back in without all the extra precautions.
snickerspr
Senior
And1: 1

Post#647 » by snickerspr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:58 am

Thibodeau said Rose will be looked at again Wednesday morning. The team will assess where he is physically as he takes on more, and then he’ll either be push forward or slowed down.

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/17740906-419/bulls-open-derrick-rose-to-more-contact-in-practice.html
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,177

Post#648 » by AirP. » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:10 am

Pong-Man83 wrote:
DRoseChiCity420 wrote:Ok why does Bucher say this **** then if it nots true

Dude just sounds so sure of himself,its quite annoying

Rich Bucher is a Rose homer so I don't hate on him much, but he also once said that Kobe to Bulls was immanent and that kobe in general would never play for the Lakers again.

He's known to say things, and the complete opposite happens.

Didn't Kobe actually get caught saying he was done with the Lakers and was going to play for the Bulls? I remember seeing that video back in 2007.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,008

Post#649 » by MrSparkle » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:15 am

theanimal23 wrote:
gf2020hotmail wrote:Ric Bucher in a chat today:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/article/ric-b ... ript-12213

Also, as a PSA: Derrick isn't coming back anytime soon and there's still a better chance than not that he doesn't play at all this season. Everybody points to Rubio, but last I checked Rubio has been missing games and at one point I know they weren't playing him in back-to-back games. He's also playing for Adelman, whose practices are as light as Thibodeau's are intensive. If it's bringing Rose back on a minutes count or waiting til next year, I have to believe they'll wait until next year.

Stunning to hear Bucher (who now works for comcast in the bay area) throw this much cold water on Rose's comeback given his connections to him and his camp. More than a 50% chance he doesn't play at all? This can't be. Bucher has to be out of the loop, right?

Bucher left ESPN?

I don't know who's right and wrong, but Gar Foreman said on a radio interview at halftime the other week that he's not worried about Deng nor Noah's big minutes, because Thibs does a really good job at managing practices and not over-exerting them there. Maybe he has his F bomb spasms and intense workouts occasionally, but perhaps the regular practice routine isn't so bad compared to other coaches once the season kicks in. I'll tell you what, for a 'hard-ass' coach, our players look a lot more fresh most the time than they used to under Skiles (who was know for being a hard-ass in practice and in games). I'm sure the pre-season conditioning is intense as nails for new players, but who knows what Bucher knows in regards to Thibs' practices...

Personally, I'd find it bizarre if Rose took the entire season off. It happened on Apr. 28.. that's almost 8 months ago, they're talking about bringing him back in a month, in best-case scenario. It says it normally takes 6-9 months for full recovery... So by March, he's passing the average recovery time (11 months!!), and he's an excellent, hard-working athlete to begin with who is probably getting the best treatment and rehab available.... So surely he should be more than ready to begin the HARD adjustment back into NBA pace by late March, the latest. It'd be silly to have him watching Hinrich and Nate run PG in the playoff stretch while staring at a TV screen with a perfectly healthy knee. By then it'll be 12 months, and I'll be damned if Rose isn't fully recovered within 12 damn months.

So chances are Bucher is wrong.
DRoseChiCity420
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#650 » by DRoseChiCity420 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:20 am

If he dont come back i dont even no what id do this whole season would be a waste IMO

Now i just have that bad feeling
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,703

Post#651 » by jc23 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:27 am

DRoseChiCity420 wrote:If he dont come back i dont even no what id do this whole season would be a waste IMO

r u a Bulls fan?

Rose is everything to this team now and for the foreseeable future, but the dude is going to eventually retire. But i will continue being a Bulls fanatic.

maybe you meant in terms of a title???
Be curious, Not judgmental
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#652 » by PMONSTER » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:12 am

jc23 wrote:
DRoseChiCity420 wrote:If he dont come back i dont even no what id do this whole season would be a waste IMO

r u a Bulls fan?

Rose is everything to this team now and for the foreseeable future, but the dude is going to eventually retire. But i will continue being a Bulls fanatic.

No this season would be a waste. I don't believe Management put this team together expecting him to sit out. So at this point a non-return would deflate a team that many believe expects a 80% Rose for the playoffs.
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#653 » by pduh01 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:15 am

Ric Bucher is like Skip Bayless to his own degree, he and his "source." love to troll and have been troll lately I will take him and his "source" a gain of salt. Put it this way looking Ric Bucher and his reports with his source is real same as Te'o's girlfriend. Cha-Ching!
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,703

Post#654 » by jc23 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:27 am

PMONSTER wrote:
jc23 wrote:

r u a Bulls fan?

No this season would be a waste. I don't believe Management put this team together expecting him to sit out. So at this point a non-return would deflate a team that many believe expects a 80% Rose for the playoffs.

I say expectations will not be met and people will be dissapointed, but a waste of a season it is not.

Basically if you have gotten any enjoyment at all out of this season then it has not been a waste. To put it in perspective if you had us with a 24-16 record in 2007/08 this board would have been ecstatic. Because during that time making the playoffs exceeded our expectations.

Of course we would never have gotten Rose if we did that, but you know what i mean.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#655 » by Rerisen » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 am

I believe the question was asked at the post surgery conference to Dr. Cole about Rose sitting the whole year out, and he answered that there would be no additional benefit to doing this - assuming no complications in recovery - and quite the opposite, that Rose should get back into games and working back as soon as he was ready.

So what Bucher is saying just wouldn't make much sense. It's not as if we are close to tanking either, and that having him sit is going to net us some great pick.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#656 » by pduh01 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:01 am

I think it is time for me to make a prediction of him when his first game back, and I have four different prediction two of them is out of the norm that I predict him back BEFORE the all-star break.

Predict #1: Feb 8th on the road against Utah Jazz
Predict #2: Feb 11th at home against San Antonio Spurs
Predict #3: Feb 19th on the road against New Orleans Hornets
Predict #4: Feb 22th on the road against Charlotte Bobcats

Reasons I have four different predictions I post up cause I can't make up my mind which prediction I going with so I decide just to post four of them which one of them I am going to be wrong, or could be neither of those dates.
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,440

Post#657 » by samwana » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:26 am

DuckIII wrote:
Little known facts about Rick Bucher: He's a classically trained pianist and eats a dessert every night before bed. And he's a douche.

Wow did Bucher eat your dessert today?
Keep them coming :lol:
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#658 » by kingkirk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:46 am

organix85 wrote:

If you're American and you're using a Karl Stefanovic gif, well that is just damn great :lol:

+1 on Duck being on fire.

Dominated the board yesterday/today.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#659 » by BullChit » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:56 am

KingCuban wrote:
organix85 wrote:

If you're American and you're using a Karl Stefanovic gif, well that is just damn great :lol:

+1 on Duck being on fire.

Dominated the board yesterday/today.

Holy ****... I thought you posted this King and I just had a little bit of a fellow countrymans smile and nod... then I realized it was quoted from somebody else... Wtf that's awesome hahaha
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#660 » by kingkirk » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:03 am

Karl has gone global (i hope).

Makes this thread even better.

Return to Chicago Bulls