Image ImageImage Image

Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Update Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Viatical
Lead Assistant
And1: 348

Re: Official Derrick Rose Injury Progress Update Thread 

Post#621 » by Viatical » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:30 pm

DuckIII wrote:
BullChit wrote:Story wise the 28th against Philly would be the biggest hype

Home game against the team that it happened against... the symmetry of the 28th seems right...

Not to mention that 2 + 8 = 10, which is comprised of a 1 and a 0, and since a 0 has no independent value, its really just a 1, which is Rose's number. So its pretty much a lock.

The moon will be a waxing crescent on February 28th. The words "waxing crescent" can be rearranged to spell "next wing scarce." Coincidence? I think not. The Bulls will be short a wing player and Rose will HAVE to play!
bullsnewdynasty
RealGM
And1: 2,544

Post#622 » by bullsnewdynasty » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:41 pm

My guess is the 2nd game after the ASB against the Heat. Rose will play 15 minutes.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#623 » by BullChit » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:47 pm

DuckIII wrote:

Home game against the team that it happened against... the symmetry of the 28th seems right...

Not to mention that 2 + 8 = 10, which is comprised of a 1 and a 0, and since a 0 has no independent value, its really just a 1, which is Rose's number. So its pretty much a lock.

eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
gf2020hotmail
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#624 » by gf2020hotmail » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:02 am

Ric Bucher in a chat today:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/article/ric-b ... ript-12213

Also, as a PSA: Derrick isn't coming back anytime soon and there's still a better chance than not that he doesn't play at all this season. Everybody points to Rubio, but last I checked Rubio has been missing games and at one point I know they weren't playing him in back-to-back games. He's also playing for Adelman, whose practices are as light as Thibodeau's are intensive. If it's bringing Rose back on a minutes count or waiting til next year, I have to believe they'll wait until next year.

Stunning to hear Bucher (who now works for comcast in the bay area) throw this much cold water on Rose's comeback given his connections to him and his camp. More than a 50% chance he doesn't play at all? This can't be. Bucher has to be out of the loop, right?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,578

Post#625 » by DuckIII » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:04 am

Leto wrote:^ Wow, Duck. Did you get that from Doomsday Preppers?

Edit: The reason I ask is cause you're scaring me.

I'm a Truther, Birther, Sandy Hook Conspiracy Theorist and imbecile with an inferiority complex.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
otwok
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,327

Post#626 » by otwok » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:08 am

gf2020hotmail wrote:Ric Bucher in a chat today:

Also, as a PSA: Derrick isn't coming back anytime soon and there's still a better chance than not that he doesn't play at all this season. Everybody points to Rubio, but last I checked Rubio has been missing games and at one point I know they weren't playing him in back-to-back games. He's also playing for Adelman, whose practices are as light as Thibodeau's are intensive. If it's bringing Rose back on a minutes count or waiting til next year, I have to believe they'll wait until next year.

Stunning to hear Bucher (who now works for comcast in the bay area) throw this much cold water on Rose's comeback given his connections to him and his camp. More than a 50% chance he doesn't play at all? This can't be. Bucher has to be out of the loop, right?

Yea, if he was sitting out then we wouldn't get any news about his contact at practice, or him travelling with the team.

He's coming back.
khufure
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,461

Post#627 » by khufure » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:17 am

Bucher saying he's not coming back this year means ROSE IS GOING TO BE BACK FOR TOMORROW'S GAME! OMG OMG what will I wear?
DRoseChiCity420
Banned User
And1: 34

Post#628 » by DRoseChiCity420 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:20 am

Ok why does Bucher say this **** then if it nots true

Dude just sounds so sure of himself,its quite annoying
Chikes26x
Junior
And1: 4

Post#629 » by Chikes26x » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:26 am

khufure wrote:Bucher saying he's not coming back this year means ROSE IS GOING TO BE BACK FOR TOMORROW'S GAME! OMG OMG what will I wear?

Well I just bought this:
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,578

Post#630 » by DuckIII » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:27 am

Bucher, who I never made a habit of bashing, has become a full on troll and bum since leaving ESPN. He's only saying that because that is what he reported like a month ago. So he's trying to buttress his own story. He's an idiot. No one goes full contact in January, and then sits for the next three months.

Little known facts about Rick Bucher: He's a classically trained pianist and eats a dessert every night before bed. And he's a douche.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#631 » by theanimal23 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:42 am

Bucher left ESPN?
DC_20
Rookie
And1: 119

Post#632 » by DC_20 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:45 am

I did my acl a few months back - hoping rose comes back real strong for some inspiration - sounds like the bulls arnt rushing it tho which is good
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#633 » by Ctownbulls » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:48 am

Bucher also said Kobe and LBJ were locks to play for the Bulls. Typically, I respect Bucher's opinion but this time it just doesn't add up. The players wouldn't be as excited as they are and constantly saying, "We are just holding it down until Derrick gets back" if he wasn't expected to play.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#634 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:50 am

DRoseChiCity420 wrote:Ok why does Bucher say this **** then if it nots true

Dude just sounds so sure of himself,its quite annoying

Rich Bucher is a Rose homer so I don't hate on him much, but he also once said that Kobe to Bulls was immanent and that kobe in general would never play for the Lakers again.

He's known to say things, and the complete opposite happens.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Viatical
Lead Assistant
And1: 348

Post#635 » by Viatical » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:52 am

No Bucher, "everybody" points to Iman Shumpert, who is doing pretty awesome right now, and Adrian Peterson, who is doing even better.
Bomba Navarro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#636 » by Bomba Navarro » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:06 am

DuckIII wrote:Little known facts about Rick Bucher: He's a classically trained pianist and eats a dessert every night before bed. And he's a douche.

You are on fire today, eh? :lol:
suckfish wrote:Lucas. You. Inside. Me. Slow. But. Fast.

The turd!
Trm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 772

Post#637 » by Trm3 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:29 am

DuckIII wrote:

:lol:
gf2020hotmail
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#638 » by gf2020hotmail » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:47 am

I don't think Bucher ever said the Bulls were locks for Lebron. He had him staying in Cleveland pretty much the whole time. Not that it makes him look any better but I try to be informed when bashing people.

I tweeted at Bucher after the chat to double check and to see if this was just his gut or if what he said was based off recent reporting. He actually DMed me to say that was still the word the last few weeks from the people he knows.

I agree that common sense that says you don't clear someone for contact with three months left in the season and never end up playing. But I don't doubt Bucher's sources here. I'm sure his people and many in the organization don't think it's worth it and are advising caution to cover their asses. From recent coverage, I thought for sure we'd get post-all star break but now think it will be mid-March if they are going to be that uber cautious.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#639 » by Leto » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:58 am

DuckIII wrote:
Leto wrote:^ Wow, Duck. Did you get that from Doomsday Preppers?

Edit: The reason I ask is cause you're scaring me.

I'm a Truther, Birther, Sandy Hook Conspiracy Theorist and imbecile with an inferiority complex.

:lol: Oh, multi-faceted and versatile. I'd say its time to update the resume!!
r1terrell23
Bench Warmer
And1: 540

Post#640 » by r1terrell23 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:11 am

Everyone seems to agree that Rose's biggest hurdle will be overcoming the mental aspect of trusting his knee. So why on Earth would we bring him back at home against Philly so that he could relive that moment over and over as his first game back? He will be so passive and tentative he may injure himself trying not to.

Return to Chicago Bulls