Image ImageImage Image

OT: Grammar School Shooting in Connecticut

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,740

Re: OT: Grammar School Shooting in Connecticut 

Post#1021 » by chitownsalesmen » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:33 pm

Spimothy Leary wrote:and in this case, none of these people at my gun range have killed anyone either, they're not crazy !!!!

we better leave soccer out of it, soccer has killed a LOT of innocent fans,

didn't 70 people die 10 months ago in a soccer riot (all using knives & clubs coincidentally)

Is soccer to blame?

The problem with violent Soccer fans is a lack of mental health care.
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,740

Post#1022 » by chitownsalesmen » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:42 pm

BIGGIEsmalls 23 wrote:Well, the NRA finally spoke today & held a "press conference" where thier plan is to have police in every school. Here's the article followed by the "press conference" where they refused to take any questions:

NRA: Guns in schools would protect students

In a press conference reflecting on last week's massacre in Newtown, Conn., the National Rifle Association's Wayne LaPierre today called on Congress to put armed law enforcement agents in every American school, insisting that guns in schools -- not tougher gun laws -- would most effectively protect children from school shootings.

LaPierre, who did not take any questions and whose remarks were interrupted twice by pro-gun control protesters, disdained the notion that stricter gun laws could have prevented "monsters" like Adam Lanza from committing mass shootings, and wondered why students, unlike banks, don't have the protection of armed officials.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," he said.

Twenty first-grade students were gunned down at their Connecticut elementary school last Friday, when 20-year-old Lanza reportedly opened fire in the school. Six adult faculty members were killed in his rampage, and Lanza also took his own life. Shortly before entering Sandy Hook Elementary School, Lanza is believed to have killed his mother, Nancy Lanza, in her bed.

In the aftermath of the shooting, the NRA stayed largely silent, making only a brief comment earlier this week when announcing today's press conference. In his remarks today, however, LaPierre vehemently defended the pro-gun agency against critics and offered up a solution of his own.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-575 ... -students/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r02rh34CXmI[/youtube]

The two protests below:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbMP3cfWAew[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkPrtcm4Nlg[/youtube]

It took the NRA a week to come up with what my smart ass friends said on Facebook right after the shooting ; it makes you wonder why they decided to wait a week to make a statement. The NRA knows damn well political momentum is shifting against them and if they had come out and said this crap a week ago they would have
been ridiculed. Its already too late Obama, you let the NRA get the drop on you and people have already logged out.
Nucky Thompson
Sixth Man
And1: 652

Post#1023 » by Nucky Thompson » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:43 pm

He blamed Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat, really,really!!! A 20 year old video game? The NRA is just sad.
CalilLove89
Analyst
And1: 613

Post#1024 » by CalilLove89 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:03 pm

The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday shot down a California law that sought to restrict the sale or rental of violent video games to minors, saying it violated the First Amendment to the Constitution.

In a 7-2 vote, the justices ruled in Brown v. Entertainment Merchants Association that video games are protected under the principles of freedom of speech, just like books, plays and movies.

Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/technology/06 ... z2Fiqm9avz

Lets break the first amendment to protect the second amendment. This argument needs to be dropped. Old people need to die off.
CalilLove89
Analyst
And1: 613

Post#1025 » by CalilLove89 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:13 pm

And now the media says it is ridiculous to have cops in school, do they not know that thousands of schools already have armed resource officers?

My old high school now has a cop stationed there, I don't see what the big deal is.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#1026 » by Mech Engineer » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:14 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:He blamed Mortal Kombat. Mortal Kombat, really,really!!! A 20 year old video game? The NRA is just sad.

It is really sad. There might be studies which show link between video games and violence. I am not denying that. But, that's such a terrible excuse. I don't even know how he has the conscience to come and speak like that. He does not have mental issues where everything is black or white.
Spimothy Leary
Head Coach
And1: 1,643

Post#1027 » by Spimothy Leary » Mon Jan 7, 2013 3:30 pm

since there is no game thread up yet, I thought I'd share this :)
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,522

Post#1028 » by dice » Mon Jan 7, 2013 5:29 pm

what a cheap and misleading piece of propaganda

btw, hammers serve a legitimate purpose other than killing people
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Spimothy Leary
Head Coach

Post#1029 » by Spimothy Leary » Mon Jan 7, 2013 7:57 pm

dice wrote:what a cheap and misleading piece of propaganda

btw, hammers serve a legitimate purpose other than killing people

ya i know its a cheap shot, but its accurate. And please don't try to say that it serves no other purpose. Gun ownership for 99.9% of us is purely recreational, and legitimate.

now i'm not a heavy duty target shooter,but I have two guns that I plink with, and learned how to shoot/hunt at an early age hunting pheasant in IL. I lost my taste for hunting long ago, but still like to target shoot 3 or 4 times a year, and honestly for home defense, i prefer a pistol over a hammer every day.
LobosJordan
Head Coach
And1: 1,320

Post#1030 » by LobosJordan » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:08 pm

Bumping a dying thread with a baiting propaganda picture. Nice.
Spimothy Leary
Head Coach

Post#1031 » by Spimothy Leary » Mon Jan 7, 2013 8:46 pm

i agree. sorry, deleted.
85Bears
Pro Prospect
And1: 135

Post#1032 » by 85Bears » Mon Jan 7, 2013 9:28 pm

There was an armed guard at columbine. He did nothing.
DarbyGloss
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#1033 » by DarbyGloss » Tue Sep 3, 2013 7:34 am

Factually, we do heard so many school shooting these days. Government should pay more attention to this. Maybe install metal detectors at the entrance and have security guards.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#1034 » by Jvaughn » Tue Sep 3, 2013 3:31 pm

Uhh, why is this being bumped 7 months later without any actual update?
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,528

Post#1035 » by DuckIII » Tue Sep 3, 2013 3:59 pm

Jvaughn wrote:Uhh, why is this being bumped 7 months later without any actual update?

Good question.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Return to Chicago Bulls