Image ImageImage Image

OT: Grammar School Shooting in Connecticut

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

CalilLove89
Analyst
And1: 613

Re: OT: Grammar School Shooting in Connecticut 

Post#461 » by CalilLove89 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:46 am

And to the people that want a separate post on gun control, and gun rights, I tries to start a topic, and the Mods decided to respectfully lock it.

The decision in Illinois that concealed carry ban is unconstitutional could be appealed to the supreme court, and that could be the biggest court case in our lifetimes so far.
Swaguar
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#462 » by Swaguar » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Surpirised to see this topic on a basketball forum. The 2nd amendment is there not just as a right to carry arms for Personal protect & Hunting. But also to protect ourselves from a tryrannical governement. Before I continue let me say I am very sad for the lose of all the people and children during this shooting. My mother is a elementary school teacher and loves children, It has broken her heart and each day at her job she sees all those young faces and struggles to not cry infront of her kindergarden class. About 4 years ago I worked with a guy that's views on many topics were different then the mass of people, We became friends and then roomates. I debated things with him on a daily, And each time he would just lead me to ways to research the answers myself. He is a father of a 7 year old girl and served with the navy seals in the first gulf war. During his work in the navy he saw things that made him question our government and search for answers. From being his friend, I have become awakended to the truth. I know now that there are things going on that are part of a much larger plan for us. This incident thou horrible is part of that plan, My friend made me aware of a investigative journalist name Alex Jones. From watching Alex for 4 years now, I can tell you many of the things he reports come true. He is pasionate and full of rage, but its because he knows our only hope is if people wake up to the truth. He like me views most people as sheep being lead to slaughter. I give you a link and ask you to not believe the corporate media sources and seek the answers by going online and reading yourself. The mainstream media is a large propaganda machine which purpose to to program us to believe lies, So the truth can stay in the dark.

http://www.infowars.com/infowars.asx

There are many films produced by Alex as well, which I would suggest and most can be found in there full versions for free on youtube.

End Game & The obama Deception are the two that opened my mind the most.

I would also suggest you watch other movies not produced by Alex like Zietgeist - addendum and Loose Change final cut also available on youtube.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,844

Post#463 » by Ben » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Just out of curiosity, what are 3 recent and important things that Alex Jones has reported on (and the mainstream media has not) that have "come true," as you put it?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,538

Post#464 » by DuckIII » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Swaguar wrote:I know now that there are things going on that are part of a much larger plan for us. This incident thou horrible is part of that plan.

No, its not. And if so, that plan sucks balls. Sweaty, old, gray, wrinkled, ignorant, Alex Jones type balls.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
bentheredengthat
General Manager
And1: 1,606

Post#465 » by bentheredengthat » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:11 pm

DuckIII wrote:
Swaguar wrote:I know now that there are things going on that are part of a much larger plan for us. This incident thou horrible is part of that plan.

No, its not. And if so, that plan sucks balls. Sweaty, old, gray, wrinkled, ignorat, Alex Jones type balls.

Didn't some people say this say crap about the theater shooting?
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,538

Post#466 » by DuckIII » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:18 pm

bentheredengthat wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

No, its not. And if so, that plan sucks balls. Sweaty, old, gray, wrinkled, ignorat, Alex Jones type balls.

Didn't some people say this say crap about the theater shooting?

Yes. People like Alex Jones.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#467 » by Mech Engineer » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:44 pm

Swaguar wrote: But also to protect ourselves from a tryrannical governement. He like me views most people as sheep being lead to slaughter. I give you a link and ask you to not believe the corporate media sources and seek the answers by going online and reading yourself. The mainstream media is a large propaganda machine which purpose to to program us to believe lies, So the truth can stay in the dark.

Luckily, most sane people are sheep and try not to over-think or over-analyze themselves or the environment.
Sonny_D1
Lead Assistant
And1: 218

Post#468 » by Sonny_D1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:20 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like life is just not the same? I've been in a total daze and in a complete fog over the last 3 days. Perhaps it's because I am a parent myself, but this tragedy has really broken my heart.
Swaguar
Banned User

Post#469 » by Swaguar » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:47 pm

To me, My part is to let people know my views and the ways to seek answers. What they do with it I have no control over, or do I care really. I don't need or want to change your view, just let you hear a different view, and if you choose to pursue it and if it leads to your awakening thats great. If not thats your choice. My mind is clear. If I see someone about to be hit by a car and yell "Look Out!!" If that saves their life great, if not I played no part in thier death. So my post is me yelling "Look Out" Im not here to debate this with any of you. I've done my part. If you choose to not believe something, I don't care.... no really ... I don't care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-CrNlilZho
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,740

Post#470 » by chitownsalesmen » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:35 am

If President Obamas plan with that speech was to create sympathy for the family of the victims of the shooting, then it was hugely successful. If the plan for the speech was to try to prevent another massacre like this School Shooting then it was hugely unsuccessful. He said the same thing he said after the other major shootings, "We can't stand for this too happen again" "We can't allow this to become the standard." We all feel terrible for those families but come on Obama what is your plan what are the details, what means are you going to pursue legislatively, what executive action are you going to take? The President said we can't let the political landscape of how unpopular 'taking action' might be but then does the exact opposite and continues to pander to the NRA by remaining inactive in the Gun Control debate. I was holding out hope that now that Obama was reelected maybe he would have come out strong on this issue, but he yet again showed me that he is a consummate politician.
waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#471 » by waffle » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:51 am

while I am for SOMETHING being done, I don't think that was the time or place. I think everyone knew what he was talking about. And I am a huge proponent of sensible gun control
Swaguar
Banned User

Post#472 » by Swaguar » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:54 am

Obama's Speech from Newtown High School

"For light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all, so we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. "

The all seeing eye of the illuminati ....hahahaha.

chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant

Post#473 » by chitownsalesmen » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:08 am

waffle wrote:while I am for SOMETHING being done, I don't think that was the time or place. I think everyone knew what he was talking about. And I am a huge proponent of sensible gun control

I can't take that, I won't accept that anymore. The same thing was said after the Sikh temple massacre, the same thing was said after the Aurora massacre, the same thing was said after the Gifford's shooting, its always 'not the right time' well if its not the time to be talking about it why did he interrupt NFL Sunday Night Football (Not that I care about football) to give a speech for then? Every-person on every side of the Gun Control debate is saddened by the tragedy but every-time a mass shooting happens were supposed to put Gun Control on the back-burner to not seem politicizing a tragedy, while simultaneously as news trickles in of a mass shooting the Anti-Gun Control group MASSIVELY Politicizes the issue to take the opportunity to say, "Well maybe if some of the victims had conceal carry someone would have accurately fired a handgun in a very dark and dimly light movie theater and neutralized the target, without injuring further people." Or never mind the mess if theirs multiple groups of people with conceal carry and they get confused which group is the defenders and which one is the attackers. This is the time, he had a huge demographic of the nation listening and watching, and he didn't really say anything except repeatedly explain how terrible of a tragedy this shooting was, which it was. Without question, but just like every other shooting, which wasn't the right time or place to talk about it nothing said, nothing accomplished.
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant

Post#474 » by chitownsalesmen » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:14 am

Swaguar wrote:Obama's Speech from Newtown High School

"For light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all, so we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. "

The all seeing eye of the illuminati ....hahahaha.

Blotter Acid.
Blue Note
Starter
And1: 43

Post#475 » by Blue Note » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:19 am

People like Alex Jones frustrate me so much because they have it half-right. They're skeptical about things worth being skeptical about and doggedly seek out information that is not readily presented. They sense connections. But the conclusions are so inflammatory, the connections often so flimsy and exaggerated that it discredits worthy attempts to speak to power.

And it's so very disturbing (and interesting, and many other things) that anyone's reflex to this would be to call conspiracy. The guy had agency, ultimately.

Power lies and conspires. And healthy skepticism is a virtue. But the machinations of power don't account for everything and it doesn't plant seeds like this. Gun debates are pretty ineffective in these contexts, but this kind of convoluted theorizing barely even registers.
"Just gotta stand in front of him," Butler said, as if it were simple.
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant

Post#476 » by chitownsalesmen » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:40 am

Blue Note wrote:People like Alex Jones frustrate me so much because they have it half-right. They're skeptical about things worth being skeptical about and doggedly seek out information that is not readily presented. They sense connections. But the conclusions are so inflammatory, the connections often so flimsy and exaggerated that it discredits worthy attempts to speak to power.

And it's so very disturbing (and interesting, and many other things) that anyone's reflex to this would be to call conspiracy. The guy had agency, ultimately.

Power lies and conspires. And healthy skepticism is a virtue. But the machinations of power don't account for everything and it doesn't plant seeds like this. Gun debates are pretty ineffective in these contexts, but this kind of convoluted theorizing barely even registers.

Alex Jones is a supremely disingenuous man whos goal is to make money is not afraid to disrupt and fracture actual movements and protests.

Skip to about 1:07 or so in this video to see alex jones disrupting a PRO GUN rally and then go on his radio/youtube program and slandering others as being provocateurs.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yutc26Sgy0Y[/youtube]

Alex Jones can mesmerize you with numbers and so-called facts, that the bit to just spit so much BS at you that you don't research any of it because the lies are so vast and numerous.

I also believe Alex Jones intends on making people paranoid as possible, he creates this fantasy torture world were the terrible evil government has complete control over the world and intends on destroying 90% of the global population. Just watch this video of Bill Copper, another conspiarcy crack pot who calls Jones out exactly on what he did on the eve of Y2K which was insight a riot/state of emergency.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AENcrbsA2g[/youtube]

I would highly question anyone who gets their current affairs information from Alex Jones.
CalilLove89
Analyst
And1: 613

Post#477 » by CalilLove89 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:49 am

chitownsalesmen wrote:
waffle wrote:while I am for SOMETHING being done, I don't think that was the time or place. I think everyone knew what he was talking about. And I am a huge proponent of sensible gun control

I can't take that, I won't accept that anymore. The same thing was said after the Sikh temple massacre, the same thing was said after the Aurora massacre, the same thing was said after the Gifford's shooting, its always 'not the right time' well if its not the time to be talking about it why did he interrupt NFL Sunday Night Football (Not that I care about football) to give a speech for then? Every-person on every side of the Gun Control debate is saddened by the tragedy but every-time a mass shooting happens were supposed to put Gun Control on the back-burner to not seem politicizing a tragedy, while simultaneously as news trickles in of a mass shooting the Anti-Gun Control group MASSIVELY Politicizes the issue to take the opportunity to say, "Well maybe if some of the victims had conceal carry someone would have accurately fired a handgun in a very dark and dimly light movie theater and neutralized the target, without injuring further people." Or never mind the mess if theirs multiple groups of people with conceal carry and they get confused which group is the defenders and which one is the attackers. This is the time, he had a huge demographic of the nation listening and watching, and he didn't really say anything except repeatedly explain how terrible of a tragedy this shooting was, which it was. Without question, but just like every other shooting, which wasn't the right time or place to talk about it nothing said, nothing accomplished.

They do not do anything because it has been researched and studied to death that gun control has no measurable effect on violent crime. Once the emotion dies down and a real debate with real numbers start to surface it is evident that the only thing gun control does is hurt ordinary citizens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_As ... t_on_Crime

last year the rough numbers

11,000/320,000,000 murders by population

What is disturbing, almost all of the mass shootings occur in places that PROHIBIT concealed carry. You do not see mass shootings at shooting ranges, or other places where criminals and cowards know there will be armed resistance.

New Jersey is number 1 in gun control (where murderer lived)
Connecticut is number 5 in gun control

Give me one good reason why there is no security in the majority of the nations schools.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#478 » by Ben » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:00 am

Blue Note wrote:People like Alex Jones frustrate me so much because they have it half-right. They're skeptical about things worth being skeptical about and doggedly seek out information that is not readily presented. They sense connections. But the conclusions are so inflammatory, the connections often so flimsy and exaggerated that it discredits worthy attempts to speak to power.

Well written and thoughtful. Thank you.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#479 » by DanTown8587 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:12 am

CalilLove89 wrote:
chitownsalesmen wrote:

They do not do anything because it has been researched and studied to death that gun control has no measurable effect on violent crime. Once the emotion dies down and a real debate with real numbers start to surface it is evident that the only thing gun control does is hurt ordinary citizens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_As ... t_on_Crime

last year the rough numbers

11,000/320,000,000 murders by population

What is disturbing, almost all of the mass shootings occur in places that PROHIBIT concealed carry. You do not see mass shootings at shooting ranges, or other places where criminals and cowards know there will be armed resistance.

New Jersey is number 1 in gun control (where murderer lived)
Connecticut is number 5 in gun control

Give me one good reason why there is no security in the majority of the nations schools.

FWIW, both Colrado and Wisconsin allow conceal carry. Do you honestly believe conceal carry would stop a person deranged enough to murder six and seven year olds? The guy was going to kill people and then himself. How does conceal carry at all help this?
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#480 » by Ben » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:17 am

The idea is that someone who has a concealed weapon is going to be on the scene, is going to be brave enough to take on the deranged killer (putting his/her own life on the line), and is going to be skillful and calm enough to do so even if the deranged killer (who has planned out the whole thing) is carrying automatic weapons and is wearing a bulletproof vest (as this monster seemed to be doing, like the Aurora monster). And the idea is that the odds of those occurrences coming together will save more lives than widespread gun control would do, and those savings would more than offset any additional loss of life that might result from the widespread practice of carrying concealed firearms.

Return to Chicago Bulls