Image ImageImage Image

Official Derrick Rose News ONLY - READ THE OP.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Cowbulls
Rookie
And1: 888

Official Derrick Rose News ONLY - READ THE OP. 

Post#1 » by Cowbulls » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:51 am

Mods please let this thread stay open. I can't stand reading thru countless number of pages of (Please Use More Appropriate Word) bitching about Derrick Rose to find new reports about his progress and such. Can we just put all the news that comes out on him in here, and if you want to state your opinion ( in which body cares about anymore ) you can talk about it in the other thread. Please no arguments only news if you want to argue please go to the other D.Rose thread.

Having said all that, I am not the right person to start this thread because I'm not great with creating quotes and posting articles, but nobody else did it so I'll just start it off with a few articles that have come out today, and someone who is better at it then me, feel free to post any new updates that come in.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9037686/derrick-rose-says-hamstring-issues-delaying-return-chicago-bulls

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/09/bulls-gm-denies-rift-between-derrick-rose-and-the-organization-regarding-his-return/
LobosJordan
Head Coach
And1: 1,320

Re: Official Derrick Rose News 

Post#2 » by LobosJordan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:52 am

I like the idea of this mods if that is worth anything. A news only thread is definitely needed.
jamesdiego
Junior
And1: 9

Post#3 » by jamesdiego » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:56 am

I agree, we need this thread to get to the meat and potatoes. Too much drama to read through in the other thread
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#4 » by RedBulls23 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:11 am

This is a great idea so we don't have weed through the nonsense in the other thread to get actual updates about Derrick.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,846

Post#5 » by Ben » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:11 am

OK, fair enough. The people have spoken. We'll try to keep this free of commentary/debate and just make it news updates. I don't know for sure how it'll work out, but it's worth a try.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#6 » by kingkirk » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:14 am

To be clear, before i consider locking or merging it, what is the intended purpose of this thread, so i know how to moderate it.

Will their be discussion based on sources and links? If that's the case, it will be the same as the other thread, which makes no sense.

I mean, is it simply to put links, as a central resource to Rose related news and that its?

If that's the case, i will leave it open for now, but the minute it gets derailed into a discussion based thread, much like thread 5 of the Rose injury thread, then it will be promptly closed.

Edit: Ben beat me to it.
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Re: Official Derrick Rose News ONLY 

Post#7 » by TyrusRose2425 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:15 am

Greatest thread of all time honestly. I've gone through countless pages of people complaining/crying/bitching just to find out there are no new reports.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Official Derrick Rose News ONLY - READ THE OP. 

Post#8 » by kingkirk » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:17 am

OP, i changed the thread title slightly to reinforce your message, and to ensure people read your post to make it solely a news resource thread.

Hopefully this will help the thread with your intended purpose.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by kingkirk » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:21 am

Ok guys, lets start from here.

No more posts praising the OP, or discussion based around the other thread.

Note the OP and its intentions. This is purely a thread to post news sources linked to Derrick in. Any other conversation can go in the other thread.

I understand you guys want this thread to succeed, so we'll leave it with you, but use it for its intended purpose, otherwise we will be forced to lock it up.

Thanks
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#10 » by DanTown8587 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:34 pm

Most Recent Update on Rose: Hamstrings Limiting Him

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/9037686/derrick-rose-says-hamstring-issues-delaying-return-chicago-bulls

ESPN's Doris Burke spoke with the former MVP before Sunday's game against the Los Angeles Lakers and reported that although Rose has been taking full contact in practice for well over a month, his hamstrings are "on fire" after those workouts. Rose added that he won't return to the court until he's past those issues.

A team source told ESPNChicago.com on Friday that one reason why Rose has been hesitant to play despite being medically cleared is because he still is struggling to dunk the same way off his surgically repaired left knee.
otwok
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,327

Post#11 » by otwok » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:30 pm

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-let-de ... z8JIg7soUA

The one thing the Bulls did not want is to put a minute restriction or some kind of play limitations on Derrick, knowing that if he had those concepts in his head he would be far less effective. The Bulls want to be able to put Derrick on the floor and let him ‘be Derrick’ and to achieve that, Rose has to be confident in his own body.
Read more at http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-let-de ... FgrTB6A.99

Hope this goes here.
gf2020hotmail
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#12 » by gf2020hotmail » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:56 am

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2013 ... 703119657/

McGraw becomes the rare Bulls beat reporter to state publicly that he still thinks Rose will return in 1 to 2 weeks.

Other info
-Not sure if we knew this but apparently team Rose wanted Carmelo
-McGraw thinks Reinsdorf will step in soon to fix the situation in the media.
Keller61
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#13 » by Keller61 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:22 pm

http://www.csnchicago.com/video_content ... -now-issue

The dude on this show says he has sources that say the hamstring thing is just an excuse and Rose's issues are all mental.
chiluv
Bench Warmer
And1: 89

Post#14 » by chiluv » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:03 pm

K.C Johnson ‏@KCJHoop

DRose talked at length with beat writers. Said he still hasn't had any setbacks but doesn't know if he'll play this season. More coming soon
chiluv
Bench Warmer
And1: 89

Post#15 » by chiluv » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:05 pm

Nick Friedell ‏@NickFriedell

Rose says the Bulls are not pressuring him to come back to play. He will play when he feels he's ready.
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#16 » by red222 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Aggrey Sam ‏@CSNBullsInsider
Derrick talked before today's practice at UCLA (just us Chicago beat reporters there)...said he would play when he feels "normal"

Aggrey Sam ‏@CSNBullsInsider
Thibs said Derrick will not play tomorrow in Sacramento...Kirk and Taj won't either
SephCast
Bench Warmer
And1: 95

Post#17 » by SephCast » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:16 pm

KC Johnson with an early story summarizing D-Rose's comments today:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/br ... 7005.story

"I’m waiting to that day where I feel normal," Rose said before a practice at UCLA. "Until then, I will just wait. I haven’t had any pressure from the organization. No one has to push me to go out there to play.

"My teammates have been doing great, playing hard for me. They’re out there fighting so that’s a good sign. And we’re winning games. So I’m not worried about anything right now."

"I can do everything," Rose said. "It’s just me having the confidence to do it and me feeling normal.

"I don’t have a (return) date, to tell you the truth. I’m just taking my time. I haven’t taken any steps back. I’m getting stronger every day. I did every workout possible. The workouts are getting a lot easier. I’m moving in the right direction.

"Crazy, making up stuff," Rose said of a rift with the organization. "Everybody assumes everything. I’m the last person that someone will have a confrontation with. I’m not trying to argue with anyone. Everything has been great. It’s crazy. You hear all the stories that are going on and none of them are true.

"My brother is my brother. I'm going to have his back no matter what. Comments, he had to say something. That’s his opinion. I feel like the organization has been doing a great job of getting people around me. He just had to get it off his chest."

"I’m just coming back when I feel normal," Rose said. "If that’s in a couple days, that’s great. If it’s not, I’m fine."
Keller61
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#18 » by Keller61 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Here's the whole interview: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9044749
SephCast
Bench Warmer
And1: 95

Post#19 » by SephCast » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:23 pm

Thibs defends Rose:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/br ... 8157.story

"We knew that this was going to be a long process," Thibodeau said before the Bulls' morning shootaround at Sleep Train Arena. "We know that everyone has to be patient and allow Derrick to work through it. He’s been honest and truthful all the way along.

"Part of this is he’s working through it. I think another part of it is the type of guy that he is. He wants the focus to be on the guys who are out there playing now. When he’s active again, he’s going to give you (reporters) access just like he did before. As I said from the beginning, we have to trust him. I trust him implicitly. He’s done a great job with his rehab."

Thibodeau reiterated that there is no cutoff date for Rose's return. The coach even said if Rose declares himself ready during the playoffs after not playing during the regular season that that scenario, which seems far-fetched, would be OK.

"When he feels comfortable, we’re bringing him back," Thibodeau said.
red222
RealGM
And1: 2,293

Post#20 » by red222 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:47 pm

Return to Chicago Bulls