Image ImageImage Image

Biggest Steal of the draft: Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Leonard?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,866

Re: Biggest Steal of the draft: Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Leonar 

Post#141 » by nomorezorro » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:44 am

the ultimates wrote:I haven't seen Leonard do anything that Jimmy hasn't and vice versa.

uhhhh he just put up 19/16 in game 7 of the nba finals & had overall finals averages of 14.6/11.1 on 51.2% shooting??? he also averaged 13.5/9 on 54.5% shooting/39% 3p/61.1% ts in the playoffs

jimmy butler was a good three point shooter on open looks for half a season so they're probably equally good prospects
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#142 » by The Force. » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:09 pm

nomorezorro wrote:
the ultimates wrote:I haven't seen Leonard do anything that Jimmy hasn't and vice versa.

uhhhh he just put up 19/16 in game 7 of the nba finals & had overall finals averages of 14.6/11.1 on 51.2% shooting??? he also averaged 13.5/9 on 54.5% shooting/39% 3p/61.1% ts in the playoffs

jimmy butler was a good three point shooter on open looks for half a season so they're probably equally good prospects

Jimmy's stats against the heat were actually very good and quite comparable to Kawhi's (though he did play more minutes).

15.6ppg - 6.4rpg - 2.2apg - 1.6spg - .421 3pt% - .952 FT%

Kawhi had an excellent series and stepped up when it counted but let's not act like Jimmy didn't elevate his play in the same manner. I wonder how Kawhi would have looked playing w/out Parker, Ginobli, and Green?
the ultimates
Analyst
And1: 1,615

Post#143 » by the ultimates » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:57 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
the ultimates wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:Deng was less efficient than the much maligned chucker Brandon Jennings this year.

Let that sink in.

Jennings also took more shots and used up a higher percentage of the offense.

All the more reason Deng's efficiency is pathetic.

People need to realize that Deng has been a sinkhole offensively for 2 years now.

Kawhi Leonard is actually a plus on both ends of the floor.

He should be a plus player offensively being a fourth option with a usage rate of only 16%. Lets see him be a first option on a team with no superstar and produce.
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#144 » by pipfan » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:03 pm

I love JB and I really think he could be the #2 shooting guard in the East next year (not that that would be a huge accomplishment-they are VERY average after Wade). JB also gets the bump for being the 30 pick.

But this is Leonard-he would have been my choice for FMVP if Duncan hits that damn layup and they win
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#145 » by JordansBulls » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:24 am

Butler was the much better defender on Lebron. So rather have him.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM
And1: 6,426

Post#146 » by Tenchi Ryu » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:23 pm

Looks like we're gonna have to add Tony to this debate eventually.
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

Post#147 » by Chitownbulls » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:02 pm

Butler because we didn't have to give up anything for him, plus he was picked a lot later than kawhi
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
EastBayFJ
Head Coach
And1: 295

Post#148 » by EastBayFJ » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:00 am

Tenchi Ryu wrote:Looks like we're gonna have to add Tony to this debate eventually.

I see what you did there
"GarPax played Grab Ass with Mirotic for 5 years and been in Omaha playing Hide the Salami with Doug McBuckets for the 1.5 years and they've developed feelings for him. Well, I say "F feelings and F loyalty!" I want CHIPS! Jerry Krizause
wonderboy2
Analyst
And1: 1,949

Post#149 » by wonderboy2 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:34 am

I Looooove kawi lenoard. He is proabaly in my top 10 favorite players in the league. I love everything about his game. But I have to admit he is getting a little overrated to be honest. I understand he has huge upside. But I just dont think hes ever going to be a number 1 scoring option like people making him out to be. Hes not better then Lebron,durrant,melo,george,deng yet. But If you give him time I think in about 2 years or so he might be better then melo and deng but hes has to keep improving. To be honest Kawi is not that much better then butler to be honest. Lenoard is alot more hyped to be honest and he should be because hes been playing at a high level for a longer time then jimmy. I just dont see what kawi lenoard does any better then butler. They are both Great rebounders for there positon , Both can shoot the rock, both are great defensively. They are almost exactly alike.
I just feel like the gap between butler and lenoard is not that big as people say and Im not even one of these guys that Feel like butler is an allstar. Neither Lenoard or butler is better then Deng yet.
Hans Embiid
Banned User
And1: 1,217

Post#150 » by Hans Embiid » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:22 am

Jimmy. He was the 30th pick.

To acquire Kahwi the Spurs had to trade a good player in George Hill.
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM

Re: Biggest Steal of the draft: Jimmy Butler or Kawhi Leonard? 

Post#151 » by Tenchi Ryu » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:37 am

Thread update. Kawhi is finally back, and as expected of a player of him and Jimmy's caliber, has a fantastic first game back.

20 points on 8-18, 5 ast and 4 rebounds in 30 mins

The battle is back on ladies and gentlemen.
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM

Post#152 » by Tenchi Ryu » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:37 am

Tenchi Ryu wrote:Looks like we're gonna have to add Tony to this debate eventually.

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

You dumbass.
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#153 » by TheStig » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:37 pm

Tenchi Ryu wrote:Thread update. Kawhi is finally back, and as expected of a player of him and Jimmy's caliber, has a fantastic first game back.

I tend to discount Leonard's production a bit. Its easier to look good playing next to 3 hall of famers in a amazing system.

No other SG has looked particularly good under Thibs.

I'll give the edge to Butler.
Madhouse
RealGM
And1: 9,876

Post#154 » by Madhouse » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:23 pm

TheStig wrote:
Tenchi Ryu wrote:Thread update. Kawhi is finally back, and as expected of a player of him and Jimmy's caliber, has a fantastic first game back.

I tend to discount Leonard's production a bit. Its easier to look good playing next to 3 hall of famers in a amazing system.

Edge to Kawhi. Spurs suck without Leonard. He comes back Spurs go on a 15 game winning streak.
FecesOfDeath
Head Coach
And1: 1,675

Post#155 » by FecesOfDeath » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:46 pm

It's still Chandler Parsons, but Jimmy has a great chance to surpass him if he maintains his averages.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#156 » by TheStig » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:59 pm

Madhouse wrote:
TheStig wrote:

Edge to Kawhi. Spurs suck without Leonard. He comes back Spurs go on a 15 game winning streak.

He just came back and they won 1.

Without Jimmy to start the year we would have sucked. He's going to be an allstar this year.

Jimmy was also a late 1st not a lottery pick. So naturally he is better at outperforming his peers.
Alswank87
Sophomore
And1: 62

Post#157 » by Alswank87 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:40 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:I wouldnt call Kawhi a steal in my opinion. I mean he was selected 15 overall and the Spurs traded a good player for him. Kawhi ended up being really great and great for the future, but its not a shock that hes good.

Jimmy on the other hand being the last pick of the first round and showing he belongs, is definitely a shocker. Especially to make this kind of impact.

But Jimmy isnt the biggest steal.

That belongs to Isiah Thomas of the Kings. The last player picked in the draft and is the starting pg and is a real good one.

Thomas is a bench player right now. He's a 6th man at best. I wouldn't want him starting on my team. He's a good scorer and pretty good at setting up others though. It's also Isaiah, I know because I looked it up a while ago thinking he was the pistons ITs son. I think Butler is the better value.
Alswank87
Sophomore
And1: 62

Post#158 » by Alswank87 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:42 pm

JordansBulls wrote:Butler was the much better defender on Lebron. So rather have him.

Finals MVP kawhi Leonard says hi.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,826

Post#159 » by TheSuzerain » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:05 am

Alswank87 wrote:
JordansBulls wrote:Butler was the much better defender on Lebron. So rather have him.

Finals MVP kawhi Leonard says hi.

LeBron scored 28 a game on a TS% of 68%.

I have no idea why people act like Kawhi even came close to out playing LeBron in that series. To attribute the Spurs victory to the Kawhi/LeBron match-up shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how the Spurs won that series.
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM

Post#160 » by Tenchi Ryu » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:11 am

TheSuzerain wrote:To attribute the Spurs victory to the Kawhi/LeBron match-up shows a fundamental misunderstanding of how the Spurs won that series.

That's kinda how the FMVP works though.
[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax

Return to Chicago Bulls