Image ImageImage Image

Boozer plus a BAE player vs. a $6-7 million FA + room MLE

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

the ultimates
Analyst
And1: 1,615

Re: Boozer plus a BAE player vs. a $6-7 million FA + room ML 

Post#61 » by the ultimates » Thu Jan 9, 2014 6:08 pm

TheStig wrote:
MarkDeeks wrote:Mirotic is only unproven if you ignore every game he's ever played in.

Every player ever drafted in the NBA could say the same thing about playing some sort of organized basketball, it doesn't make them a proven NBA player.

True but then why do Bulls fans want to tank so hard for likes of Parker or Wiggins. At the very least Mirotic has proven to be the best player in a league that is better than the NCAA. Will Mirotic solve the Bulls needs who knows but people can't piss on him and slob all over the likes of Parker, Wiggins, Randle, Exum, Harris and Smart among others. Just bases on pure talent Mirotic is still a top 5 pick even in this supposedly loaded draft.
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,243

Post#62 » by kodo » Thu Jan 9, 2014 7:11 pm

the ultimates wrote:True but then why do Bulls fans want to tank so hard for likes of Parker or Wiggins. At the very least Mirotic has proven to be the best player in a league that is better than the NCAA.

The track record of top 2 picks in the draft (which is most likely where Wiggins & Parker will go) is better than the track record of ABC MVPs...in the NBA at least.

Top 2 NBA draft picks:
- Anthony Davis
- MKG
- Kyrie Irving
- Derrick Williams
- John Wall
- Evan Turner
- Blake Griffin
- Thabeet
- Rose
- Beas
- Oden
- Durant
- Bargnani
- LMA

ABC MVPs who have come to the NBA:
- Tiago Splitter
- Marc Gasol
- Luis Scola
- JC Navarro
- Nocioni
- Walter Hermann

I'd much rather pick from set A than set B, even though set A still has duds in it.

But anyway i don't see the two as mutually exclusive, the Bulls should go for this draft and bring over Mirotic. It would be a good start for the post-Rose era.
MarkDeeks
Junior
And1: 553

Post#63 » by MarkDeeks » Thu Jan 9, 2014 7:43 pm

- Tiago Splitter
- Marc Gasol
- Luis Scola
- JC Navarro
- Nocioni
- Walter Hermann

Would you be disappointed if Mirotic was in amongst this company?
the ultimates
Analyst
And1: 1,615

Post#64 » by the ultimates » Thu Jan 9, 2014 9:37 pm

kodo wrote:
the ultimates wrote:True but then why do Bulls fans want to tank so hard for likes of Parker or Wiggins. At the very least Mirotic has proven to be the best player in a league that is better than the NCAA.

The track record of top 2 picks in the draft (which is most likely where Wiggins & Parker will go) is better than the track record of ABC MVPs...in the NBA at least.

Top 2 NBA draft picks:
- Anthony Davis
- MKG
- Kyrie Irving
- Derrick Williams
- John Wall
- Evan Turner
- Blake Griffin
- Thabeet
- Rose
- Beas
- Oden
- Durant
- Bargnani
- LMA

- Tiago Splitter
- Marc Gasol
- Luis Scola
- JC Navarro
- Nocioni
- Walter Hermann

I'd much rather pick from set A than set B, even though set A still has duds in it.

But anyway i don't see the two as mutually exclusive, the Bulls should go for this draft and bring over Mirotic. It would be a good start for the post-Rose era.

If Mirotic isn't good all it costs you is money. If you miss on a top pick as many teams have with players in set A it sets the franchise back much further.
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#65 » by TheStig » Thu Jan 9, 2014 9:46 pm

the ultimates wrote:
kodo wrote:

Top 2 NBA draft picks:
- Anthony Davis
- MKG
- Kyrie Irving
- Derrick Williams
- John Wall
- Evan Turner
- Blake Griffin
- Thabeet
- Rose
- Beas
- Oden
- Durant
- Bargnani
- LMA

- Tiago Splitter
- Marc Gasol
- Luis Scola
- JC Navarro
- Nocioni
- Walter Hermann

If Mirotic isn't good all it costs you is money. If you miss on a top pick as many teams have with players in set A it sets the franchise back much further.

I don't see the differnce. Mirotic will have a contract similar to a top pick.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#66 » by TheStig » Thu Jan 9, 2014 9:47 pm

the ultimates wrote:
TheStig wrote:
MarkDeeks wrote:Mirotic is only unproven if you ignore every game he's ever played in.

Every player ever drafted in the NBA could say the same thing about playing some sort of organized basketball, it doesn't make them a proven NBA player.

True but then why do Bulls fans want to tank so hard for likes of Parker or Wiggins. At the very least Mirotic has proven to be the best player in a league that is better than the NCAA. Will Mirotic solve the Bulls needs who knows but people can't piss on him and slob all over the likes of Parker, Wiggins, Randle, Exum, Harris and Smart among others. Just bases on pure talent Mirotic is still a top 5 pick even in this supposedly loaded draft.

Typically NCAA players have a higher ceiling and floor. Parker and Wiggins come from a more proven stock.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,174

Post#67 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jan 9, 2014 9:49 pm

If you amnesty Boozer, you're not thinking big picture. His expiring contract could be huge for us in a trade, especially when you consider all the young players we'll have added to the team.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#68 » by DanTown8587 » Thu Jan 9, 2014 9:51 pm

HomoSapien wrote:If you amnesty Boozer, you're not thinking big picture. His expiring contract could be huge for us in a trade, especially when you consider all the young players we'll have added to the team.

It depends, who is your 2/3 rotation and can you sign Mirotic for the MLE?
D_GoLow
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,243

Post#69 » by D_GoLow » Thu Jan 9, 2014 9:53 pm

To me, I think Boozer's as good as gone next year unless a miracle happens in Feb. The better Taj looks & with Mirotic coming soon, I bet Pax is dying to trade Boozer away.
This is not a moment, it's a movement
Doom
Banned User
And1: 310

Post#70 » by Doom » Thu Jan 9, 2014 10:34 pm

AirGordon7 wrote:
Doom wrote:
AirGordon7 wrote:ppl really want to overpay hayward?

im not saying hes a bad player but hes just another 3rd option type guy

he's really not...

what makes you think hes not? because he had a great game against KD?

because he's playing with a garbage, useless team and his production would be a lot better on a team that was at least half way decent. he has to force a lot of shots just because no one else can do anything, and his assists would also be higher if the players he passes the ball to could actually shoot for ****. he's 23 years old and will just keep getting better.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,174

Post#71 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jan 9, 2014 10:38 pm

MarkDeeks wrote:
- Tiago Splitter
- Marc Gasol
- Luis Scola
- JC Navarro
- Nocioni
- Walter Hermann

Would you be disappointed if Mirotic was in amongst this company?

Only one of those players were a true building block.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#72 » by kyrv » Thu Jan 9, 2014 10:53 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:What if you need more than the MLE to sign Nikola? I think it's entirely possible that's the move here. Something like Nikola and then a guard/forward that is around the tax payer level (3-4 million). I don't think the Bulls will have both.

Seems to be the scuttlebutt.

Launch Booz, get Mirotic signed and then see what is left.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#73 » by kyrv » Thu Jan 9, 2014 10:56 pm

kodo wrote:

Top 2 NBA draft picks:
- Anthony Davis
- MKG
- Kyrie Irving
- Derrick Williams
- John Wall
- Evan Turner
- Blake Griffin
- Thabeet
- Rose
- Beas
- Oden
- Durant
- Bargnani
- LMA

- Tiago Splitter
- Marc Gasol
- Luis Scola
- JC Navarro
- Nocioni
- Walter Hermann

Why does that matter? You're not getting a top two pick.

Also from comments Mirotic would be a top pock this year.
Wont PerDont
Sixth Man
And1: 352

Post#74 » by Wont PerDont » Thu Jan 9, 2014 11:15 pm

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:For next season
already signed : Rose 18.8M, Noah 13.1M, Gibson 8M, Dunleavy 3M, Butler 2.1M , Snell 1.4M, Teague 1.1M
Boozer AMNESTIED.. So we have 7 players for 47,5M, Salary cap projection to be 62M, Luxury cap treshold limit will be probably around 74M.. soo we will have 26-27M to spend and we dont pay extra tax money..
Mirotic 5M per season right? re-sign Augustin and Hinrich for 2M per season both.. three draft picks 2 in 1st round 12-18 and one 2nd rounder 4M approx. Trade or waive Teague..

Rose / Augustin / Hinrich
G.Harris DP? / Snell / Butler
Butler / Dunleavy
Mirotic / Gibson / A.Gordon DP?
Noah / M.McGary DP?
this is lineup for approx. 60M ,soo there is room for another really good FA for 11-12M per season signing..

If that lineup is approx. $60 million and the cap is going to be approx. $62 million, how is there enough room to sign "a really good FA for $11-$12 million?"
Freaky like my lady pyramid...

-Formerly: gineric 12

-P.J. Carlesimo on Denver Coach Brian Shaw (2/21/14): "He's paid his dues and he's ready for a head job..."
Nate3carp
Senior
And1: 128

Post#75 » by Nate3carp » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:09 am

Formidable Bull wrote:Should a star eg. Carmelo wants to opt out for Chicago, Boozer's expiring can still be useful to match salaries in trades. Maybe we'll have to throw in some picks as incentives, find a 3rd or 4th team or something. We then get to use the full MLE for Mirotic (hope he accepts) if it doesn't bring us over the LT line. That said, we can still afford to survey the FA market a little before the amnesty deadline, it's best the Bulls don't be in a hurry to make decisions.

Had not thought about this, but really not a bad idea. You keep boozer until the last minute, and try to sign and trade for melo and hope Mirotic will take the MLE. If melo tells NY he won't sign there, would they take boozer (expiring), SAC pick, Teague, and future protected bulls pick? That's a pretty stacked Bulls team.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#76 » by bearadonisdna » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:30 am

The way boozer is playing i guess just amnesty him. at any rate no one wants to pay max for the production boozer is bringing. The amnesty is NOT A cheap move. Boozer may get MLE at an aution but thats still like 20 mil the bulls have to pay out to complete his contract.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#77 » by DanTown8587 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:50 am

Interesting question: trade Dunleavy, Teague, Noah for expiring contracts and longer term assets. Let's say you did Dunleavy for the NY #2/Expiring, Teague and cash for a future 2nd, Noah for Humphries, the rights to the Hawks pick.

You COULD potentially get Anthony on a 4/81 deal and then you have the following team if Mirotic is on the MLE

Rose
Butler
Anthony
Mirotic
Gibson

Snell, rights to Charlotte pick, rights to Hawks pick, room exception as your nine man rotation

You have to know two things

1. Can you get Anthony to sign a deal starting around 19 million
2. Can you sign Mirotic for the MLE
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Post#78 » by TheSuzerain » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:28 am

DanTown8587 wrote:Interesting question: trade Dunleavy, Teague, Noah for expiring contracts and longer term assets. Let's say you did Dunleavy for the NY #2/Expiring, Teague and cash for a future 2nd, Noah for Humphries, the rights to the Hawks pick.

You COULD potentially get Anthony on a 4/81 deal and then you have the following team if Mirotic is on the MLE

Rose
Butler
Anthony
Mirotic
Gibson

Snell, rights to Charlotte pick, rights to Hawks pick, room exception as your nine man rotation

You have to know two things

1. Can you get Anthony to sign a deal starting around 19 million
2. Can you sign Mirotic for the MLE

I'd rather deal Gibson instead of Noah.

And sign Hayward instead of Melo.
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#79 » by mj234eva » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:49 am

My worst nightmare(s) for next season:

1) Another season ending injury to Rose.

2) Boozer is still on the roster.
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.

Return to Chicago Bulls