Image ImageImage Image

2014 Draft Prospect Thread III (Picks 16, 19, 48)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,335

Re: 2014 Draft Prospect Thread III 

Post#1601 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:11 pm

Proven_Winner wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:WCS back to school YAY HAPPY DAY!!!

I wonder why he went back. He thinks he's going to go higher, but if he doesn't improve he's going to fall hard in the draft.

He should transfer. Their frontcourt is a mess....
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#1602 » by ManualRam » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:12 pm

Proven_Winner wrote:

I wonder why he went back. He thinks he's going to go higher, but if he doesn't improve he's going to fall hard in the draft.

WCS marches to the beat of his own drum. when he was interviewed after the season, he pretty much just talked about the perks of being in college and how he loved it. sounds like a kid who knows he's a kid and isn't ready for the next chapter.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#1603 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:13 pm

ManualRam wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:

WCS marches to the beat of his own drum. when he was interviewed after the season, he pretty much just talked about the perks of being in college and how he loved it. sounds like a kid who knows he's a kid and isn't ready for the next chapter.

If that's the case then good for him... :D
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#1604 » by Proven_Winner » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:14 pm

ManualRam wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:

So on a scale for 1 - 10 on the dumb meter for WCS where do you rate him?

I got this decision at 9 for very stupid.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#1605 » by Proven_Winner » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:15 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:

He should transfer. Their frontcourt is a mess....

He should, but he won't because he loves Kentucky. If he was smart he would go to a school that is great for big men to increase his draft stock and help him improve.
Red Larrivee
RealGM
And1: 18,723

Post#1606 » by Red Larrivee » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:29 pm

Cauley-Stein isn't ready, but he could get lossed in the freshmen shuffle next season with Towns coming in and Dakari Johnson maybe staying? Who knows. But Cauley-Stein had a disappointing season, didn't improve on anything and played soft year-round. He needs to improve on a lot.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#1607 » by ManualRam » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Proven_Winner wrote:
ManualRam wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:

as far as common sense goes, yeah, i'd say that's about right. i think he's pretty dim on the court too.

outside of that, he sounds like a pretty thoughtful, introspective dude.

also, i don't think he should be the one to transfer, but other, younger UK players should imo.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1608 » by GimmeDat » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:42 pm

Good for WCS. Could do with another year at college, and if he's enjoying his team there, then great.

Saves us from picking him as well :lol:
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#1609 » by Proven_Winner » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:58 pm

ManualRam wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:
ManualRam wrote:WCS marches to the beat of his own drum. when he was interviewed after the season, he pretty much just talked about the perks of being in college and how he loved it. sounds like a kid who knows he's a kid and isn't ready for the next chapter.

as far as common sense goes, yeah, i'd say that's about right. i think he's pretty dim on the court too.

also, i don't think he should be the one to transfer, but other, younger UK players should imo.

I mean yea he's a cool kid, and if this wasn't Kentucky we were talking about then I would say he made a smart decision. But he chose to go back to a crowded frontcourt where he might not get the minutes he wants and probably won't even improve which will bring him down even further in next year's draft. I think this year he could've been in the lottery or at 20, but if he can't improve significantly then he may fall even further because it would've been 3 years without him improving.
danzou
Sixth Man
And1: 505

Post#1610 » by danzou » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:55 am

I wanted WCS in the draft to push other prospects down to us.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Post#1611 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:17 am

What the hell is going to happen with UK's frontcourt next year?

WCS, Poythress, Towns, Lyles, Johnson, Lee
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#1612 » by BullsFTW » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:50 am

Now that we have signed Greg Smith to a guaranteed contract for next year, I'm more inclined to package both our picks to move up the draft.

Rodney Hood and Doug McDermott are two players I really like. TJ Warren & Kyle Anderson are quite intriguing as well.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,898

Post#1613 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:51 pm

I'm shocked people are happy WCS is staying. We literally gain nothing but lose more with him not coming out.

Moves up Staukas, Harris, Young, Anderson etc. I still like Hood but outside of that Id trade both picks to move up. I dont want to draft another defensive SF. We have Jimmy or can sign one for cheap. We need offense and that dont come cheap.

Ya'll dont hear me tho...
danzou
Sixth Man
And1: 505

Post#1614 » by danzou » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:14 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:I'm shocked people are happy WCS is staying. We literally gain nothing but lose more with him not coming out.

Moves up Staukas, Harris, Young, Anderson etc. I still like Hood but outside of that Id trade both picks to move up. I dont want to draft another defensive SF. We have Jimmy or can sign one for cheap. We need offense and that dont come cheap.

Ya'll dont hear me tho...

I'm with you homey
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#1615 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:00 pm

For me personally there's usually a guy that you want no part of no matter what and its a relief when he's off the board and for me that guy is WCS.

I also don't think WCS was going before our pick, our first pick anyways. At 20 it doesn't really matter that much if at all.

We'll be fine where we're at.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#1616 » by Proven_Winner » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:28 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:For me personally there's usually a guy that you want no part of no matter what and its a relief when he's off the board and for me that guy is WCS.

I also don't think WCS was going before our pick, our first pick anyways. At 20 it doesn't really matter that much if at all.

We'll be fine where we're at.

I think he would've been possibly picked before the Bobcats because of his physical gifts and youth. Now I'm not sure he will get that same pass after playing 3 years and not improving much.
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,898

Post#1617 » by biggestbullsfan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Im kind of suprised Glen Robinson fell so far. I think he is better than some of the wings in the first round.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#1618 » by Proven_Winner » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:40 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:Im kind of suprised Glen Robinson fell so far. I think he is better than some of the wings in the first round.

That could be a good thing. He may be available in the 2nd round and we may be able to trade our 2nd and some money for him.
BuffaloBull
Assistant Coach
And1: 576

Post#1619 » by BuffaloBull » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:44 pm

With the way the cap rules work, I wonder if the Bulls will keep their second rounder on the roster, like they did with Erik Murphy this year (until the very end). Right now DX has us taking Nick Johnson; I think he goes higher myself, but he would be a sweet pickup there.
BuffaloBull
Assistant Coach
And1: 576

Post#1620 » by BuffaloBull » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:07 pm

ManualRam wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:
ManualRam wrote:WCS marches to the beat of his own drum. when he was interviewed after the season, he pretty much just talked about the perks of being in college and how he loved it. sounds like a kid who knows he's a kid and isn't ready for the next chapter.

I know you like Micic, but did you get a chance to scout Nikola Jokic any? DX is projecting him to come out, and be available in the 2nd round if he does. I know he got some buzz at the Hoop Summit practices, and he measured out well (6'11 253, 7'3" wingspan, 9'3" standing reach). Those are legit center measurable, and he seems to have some really nice skills at that size. Would love to get your take on him.

Return to Chicago Bulls