Image ImageImage Image

GT 82: @ Bobcats / Wed 6:00pm / 4-16-14 -- CSN Chi

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

taco_daddy
Senior
And1: 386

GT 82: @ Bobcats / Wed 6:00pm / 4-16-14 -- CSN Chi 

Post#1 » by taco_daddy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:20 am

Image vs. Image

GAME 82: The Grand Finale
@ Bobcats - Wednesday 6:00pm - 4/16/14
CSN-Chicago (Local TV) / ESPN 1000 AM (Radio)

Now that we've come to the grand finale, a tear sheds my eye. There are a few questions that remain to be answered. On Wednesday night, the last day of the 2013-14 NBA regular season, some of those questions will be answered.

Will we be the 3rd or 4th seed? Will we face Brooklyn or Washington in the first round? Will Thibs rest his starting lineup in the last game of the season? What will Noah's final assist avg/total be for the season? Will DJ spazz out and score 30pts. for his newborn son? Will we ever see Jimmer in the lineup again? Just what does Thibs keep in the tape room when no one is around to see? :-?

Message to MJ: As Chicago fans, we can never thank you enough for all you've done to help the Chicago franchise win six championships. Not only have you helped us raise six banners, but you've given us some of the best basketball in NBA history. For that, we're forever grateful. However, we intend to put a beating on your current franchise so bad that they change their names from the Bobcats to the Hornets. You're about to get STUNG! :lol:

#4. CHICAGO BULLS (48 - 33)
Probable Starters:
PG: Kirk Hinrich
SG: Jimmy Butler
C: Joakim Noah
PF: Carlos Boozer
SF: Mike Dunleavy, Jr.
Chicago Road Record: 21 - 19
Season Series vs. Charlotte Record: 3 - 0

ImageImageImageImageImage

vs.

#4. CHARLOTTE BOBCATS (42 - 39)
Probable Starters:
PG: Kemba Walker
SG: Gerald Henderson
C: Al Jefferson
PF: Josh McRoberts
SF: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Charlotte Home Record: 24 - 16
Season Series vs. Chicago Record: 0 - 3

ImageImageImageImageImage

Preview courtesy of Yahoo!Sports: https://sports.yahoo.com/news/bulls-bob ... --nba.html
Charlotte Board Game Thread: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1315736

Jimmer says:
http://www.nba.com/bulls/video/2014/04/ ... ov-3236718

Good Luck Charm:

Chicago, let's go out with a bang!!!! WOO HOO!!!
After Rose broke both his knees, I gave up on the hope that we'd make it to the NBA Finals again. It will probably be decades before we see another championship. Hello Treadmill, here we come.

It's the shoes!
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,191

Re: GT 82: @ Bobcats / Wed 6:00pm / 4-16-14 -- CSN Chi 

Post#2 » by HomoSapien » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:32 am

Is DJ expected to play or is he on paternity leave?
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
taco_daddy
Senior

Post#3 » by taco_daddy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:42 am

HomoSapien wrote:Is DJ expected to play or is he on paternity leave?

Good question. I'm assuming he will be back. We won't know for sure until later today or probably Wednesday.
After Rose broke both his knees, I gave up on the hope that we'd make it to the NBA Finals again. It will probably be decades before we see another championship. Hello Treadmill, here we come.

It's the shoes!
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,793

Post#4 » by jc23 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:02 am

this should be a good game, both teams still have something to play for.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Keller61
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#5 » by Keller61 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:15 am

Hypothetically, it might be worth tanking this game for the 19th pick. If we win, we could be picking as low as 21st, depending on coin flips with the Raptors and Dallas/Memphis. I want the 4th seed anyway.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#6 » by Indomitable » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:18 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Is DJ expected to play or is he on paternity leave?

He carried the babe well :lol:
:banghead:
cubbiefan009
Assistant Coach
And1: 539

Post#7 » by cubbiefan009 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:57 pm

Damn, Charlotte isn't too bad at home at all. Props to Clifford on a job well done. They can be scary in a couple years.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#8 » by SpinninHouse » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:02 pm

We will touch down in Charlotte like a Hurricane - obliterating everything in our path. Fans will be left in tears unconsolable, devastated and shaken to the core, as their franchise gets thoroughly destroyed and humiliated by the Greek Gods of the NBA - the Chicago Bulls.

When the devastation is over, we will triumphantly charter our plane and head back to Chicago victors once again. Good night Charlotte, your time is up.

Bulls 151, Bobcats 53.

Butler 44 points, 44 minutes
Noah 19 points, 14 assists, 18 boards, 8 blocks, 3 steals
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
kdapiton
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#9 » by kdapiton » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Keller61 wrote:Hypothetically, it might be worth tanking this game for the 19th pick. If we win, we could be picking as low as 21st, depending on coin flips with the Raptors and Dallas/Memphis. I want the 4th seed anyway.

Wouldn't beating CHA help us with their draft pick anyway?
we go jim
CousinOfDeath
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,260

Post#10 » by CousinOfDeath » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:02 pm

cubbiefan009 wrote:Damn, Charlotte isn't too bad at home at all. Props to Clifford on a job well done. They can be scary in a couple years.

What's gonna happen in a couple years that will make them scary?

I hope DJ takes his time with his newborn child so we get one more game of Jimmer :D
suckfish wrote:Reminder: NBA players are stupid.
Gregnice33
Analyst
And1: 582

Post#11 » by Gregnice33 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Keller61 wrote:Hypothetically, it might be worth tanking this game for the 19th pick. If we win, we could be picking as low as 21st, depending on coin flips with the Raptors and Dallas/Memphis. I want the 4th seed anyway.

I'm with this guy, rest all of the starters an let the chips fall where they may.

2 to 3 draft picks higher and avoiding Miami until the ECF is worth a loss.
When it comes to racism, people say: I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em
~Mitch Hedberg
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,536

Post#12 » by dice » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Gregnice33 wrote:

I'm with this guy, rest all of the starters an let the chips fall where they may.

2 to 3 draft picks higher and avoiding Miami until the ECF is worth a loss.

on balance i agree we should rest players (maybe not all starters, given how thin our roster is) and hope washington wins in boston so we retain the 16 pick from charlotte
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
ralphisBullsFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 430

Post#13 » by ralphisBullsFan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:46 pm

isn't this game meaningless for the bulls as far as seeding?

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the bulls last game against the bobcats completely meaningless?.. because if the raptors lose against the knicks, their division opponent, that would tie our division record with theirs at 11-5 and we'd have the better conference record and therefore the tie breaker?...so even if the bulls lose to a non division team the bobcats it won't matter because IF the raptors lose we end up with the same record and the tie breaker...and of course if the raptors beat the knicks it doesn't matter if we beat the bobcats because they'd have the better division record 12-4 and hold the tie breaker as they do now....am I right in assuming this?
taco_daddy
Senior

Post#14 » by taco_daddy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:50 pm

ralphisBullsFan wrote:isn't this game meaningless for the bulls as far as seeding?

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the bulls last game against the bobcats completely meaningless?.. because if the raptors lose against the knicks, their division opponent, that would tie our division record with theirs at 11-5 and we'd have the better conference record and therefore the tie breaker?...so even if the bulls lose to a non division team the bobcats it won't matter because IF the raptors lose we end up with the same record and the tie breaker...and of course if the raptors beat the knicks it doesn't matter if we beat the bobcats because they'd have the better division record 12-4 and hold the tie breaker as they do now....am I right in assuming this?

Yes and no. If Toronto loses against NYK and we win against Charlotte we get the #3 slot. So this game still has seeding implications. If Toronto beats NYK, then it is meaningless whether we win or lose this game.

It's the shoes!
ralphisBullsFan
Bench Warmer

Post#15 » by ralphisBullsFan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:10 pm

taco_daddy wrote:
ralphisBullsFan wrote:isn't this game meaningless for the bulls as far as seeding?

Yes and no. If Toronto loses against NYK and we win against Charlotte we get the #3 slot. So this game still has seeding implications. If Toronto beats NYK, then it is meaningless whether we win or lose this game.

sorry i'm still not getting it...if the bulls and the raptors BOTH lose..we'd have the same records 48 -34 right?

the knicks are a division opponent for the raptors so if the knicks win the raptors division record would be 11-5 same as our division record...right?

that would mean the tie breaker would come down to conference records and we have a better conference record..Bulls 36-16 raptors 32-19..right?
ralphisBullsFan
Bench Warmer

Post#16 » by ralphisBullsFan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:20 pm

oh my bad didn't know that if they won the division straight out it was the ultimate tie breaker.
taco_daddy
Senior

Post#17 » by taco_daddy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:41 pm

ralphisBullsFan wrote:oh my bad didn't know that if they won the division straight out it was the ultimate tie breaker.

That might be correct. I don't know what the tiebreaker is, I just know Toronto holds it. So if we end up with the exact same record, Toronto gets the #3 seed. If we get a better record, then we hold the #3 seed.

It's the shoes!
Keller61
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#18 » by Keller61 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:01 am

kdapiton wrote:

Wouldn't beating CHA help us with their draft pick anyway?

Only if the Wizards lose their last game. If that were to happen, then winning this game would get us the 16th pick from Charlotte, but our pick could then be 19th, 20th, or 21st (equal odds). Losing would guarantee us the 19th pick, and the Charlotte pick would be 50/50 for 16th/17th.
bad knees
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#19 » by bad knees » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:12 am

Unfortunately, it is in the Bulls' best interests to lose tomorrow night. For a lot of reasons (assuming the Nets lose to the Knicks tonight).

The Bulls/Bobs start at 7 EDT. The Nets/Cavs, Raps/Knicks and Wiz/Celtics all start at 8 EDT. So we go first, and everybody will be watching and taking their incentives from what we do.

If the Bulls lose, we are guaranteed the 4th seed.

If the Bobs beat us, then the Wiz must beat the Celtics, or else the Wiz fall to the 7th seed and get the Heat in the first round. So if we lose, the Wiz will be incentivized strongly to win.

If the Bulls lose and get the 4th seed, then the Nets will be incentivized to lose because if they lose and the Wiz win, then the Nets will get the 6th seed, and the Wiz will get the 5th seed. This is good for the Nets because: (1) they avoid us in the first round; (2) they get the Heat in the second round, whom they have swept this season.

So if we lose, there is a very good chance that we will play the Wiz in the first round and the Pacers in the second round. Our dream scenario.

If the Bulls lose, then the Raps game is irrelevant. But if we win, then the Raps could take the 4th seed and all the goodies that go with it by losing.

In addition to all the seeding reasons for the Bulls to lose, we also will benefit in the draft if we lose because we are currently tied with a couple of Western Conference teams, and a loss would help there too. We gain nothing re the Bobs pick if they lose to us, so everything is in favor of us losing to the Bobs.

So, the Bulls really need to lose tomorrow night. Knowing Thibs, however, the Bulls will win, which will likely put them in third place, playing Brooklyn and then the Heat in the playoffs. And with a worse draft pick. This is the double-edged sword that is having Thibs as our coach.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#20 » by bearadonisdna » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:25 am

. Wouldnt be surprised if thibs has been holding some stuff back for the playoffs because i think i saw some offensive sets that the bulls dont normally run in game. Conceivable?

It was like a for a brief moment they ran their A stuff but only for a moment and then went back to their regular season B grade stuff and closed out the game.

Return to Chicago Bulls