Image ImageImage Image

Melo 6: Afterlife edition (Urgent update page 65. Haircuts!)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Re: Melo 6: Afterlife edition 

Post#581 » by BullsFTW » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:45 pm

AAU Teammate wrote:
BullsFTW wrote:Pretty much this. Melo will take a paycut to contend, whether that'll be in N.Y. or Chicago.

But that precisely is why Chicago has a leg up. He can contend and have a normal paycut, whereas to get help in NY he would need to take a massive massive paycut.

There's already something in place here.

Also, SAS is reaching. Stars play big minutes. Any fool knows that.

Sounds like a Knick fan making final pitches to a star that looks to be inevitably leaving.

Also, to those who are frustrated about the 0-2 series vs the Wiz, Bulls made the games close and played their hearts out. The reality is we are lacking that cold-blooded scorer in Rose & Melo. If we had one, we'd be up 2-0 vs Was. What more if we have both? I'm sure Melo knows how much the Bulls need him.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#582 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:28 pm

In comparison melo is looking at Chicago understanding he fills a major void.
He gets to come here as do what he does best. Score and score often.

In contrast he looking at Houston and saying how is it 2 stars out there playing like crap and down 0-2? That's coaching and melo coming in to fill a void that Houston does not have. He comes there and will be Just be a little better chandler parsons the rockets need pg play not another high
Volume scorer. They need harden to focus on efficient scoring more than trying to draw fouls. Plus melo going there means he has to sacrifice his game to gel with harden. The rockets need to be totally in on bringing over rondo. Not melo. If I'm Houston i include parsons in a package with asik and thier pick and see if they can get rondo and Jeff green. That IMO is a better move than melo .

Melo fits here better
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
unc1120
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#583 » by unc1120 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:42 pm

Like everyone else, I can live with the fact that we don't get Melo if he ends up resigning in New York. Odds are that is his most likely destination.

But quite honestly, if he finds his way to Houston, I think the entire front office should be fired.

While Houston might be a better situation for him in some people's eyes, the fact that Morey would FIND A WAY to finagle the cap space to sign him would once again demonstrate how incompetent our front office is when it comes to attracting big time players.

How many times have Gar/Pax defenders used the excuse that "it's unrealistic to clear the cap space to get X done". I understand the Gar/Pax have been terrific when it comes to the like of late first round drafting (and drafting in general) as well as finding bargain deals like Nate/Augustin, but if you can't real in the big fish you aren't going to win in this league. Period. And let's not act like Nate or Augustin are a product of being good pickups, they are good because we have a god like coach in Thibs.

I sit here laughing when I hear people criticizing Thibs for his rotations etc... Are you serious? If we weren't playing our best players 45 minutes a game we would have no hope of contending on the offensive side of the floor. We'd be awful. The reality is that Thibs is so good that he has found a way to mask how bad this roster is. I can't fathom what would happen next year with a similar roster if he was gone.

There is absolutely NO EXCUSE this time for Melo to get away from the bulls if he leaves NY. That would mean the same man in Houston that poison pilled Asik and Lin to screw the Knicks and Bulls was able to slither out of the only bad years of those contracts to steal Melo away from both of us and screw us again.
PANTS!!!
Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Post#584 » by Shill » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:42 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:In comparison melo is looking at Chicago understanding he fills a major void.
He gets to come here as do what he does best. Score and score often.

In contrast he looking at Houston and saying how is it 2 stars out there playing like crap and down 0-2? That's coaching and melo coming in to fill a void that Houston does not have. He comes there and will be Just be a little better chandler parsons the rockets need pg play not another high
Volume scorer.
They need harden to focus on efficient scoring more than trying to draw fouls. Plus melo going there means he has to sacrifice his game to gel with harden. The rockets need to be totally in on bringing over rondo. Not melo. If I'm Houston i include parsons in a package with asik and thier pick and see if they can get rondo and Jeff green. That IMO is a better move than melo .

Melo fits here better

Agree with pretty much the entire post, especially the bolded part. I've been saying that for the longest time.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
unc1120
Sophomore
And1: 38

Post#585 » by unc1120 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:46 pm

It doesn't matter that they "need a pg play not another high volume scorer", if you can get Carmelo Anthony while keeping Howard and Harden, you do so, period.
PANTS!!!
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#586 » by PMONSTER » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:41 pm

Melo's choices should be (In order)

Portland - Young nucleus that could compete for years. Even after his prime
Chicago - Missing link to a championship team, in a weak conference
New York - Phil Jackson, after one year, could load the team up
Houston - New big three but with knucklehead players, and stubborn coaches
Dallas - Dirk and Cuban makes it intriguing but weary of future
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
weneeda2guard
RealGM

Post#587 » by weneeda2guard » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:57 pm

unc1120 wrote:It doesn't matter that they "need a pg play not another high volume scorer", if you can get Carmelo Anthony while keeping Howard and Harden, you do so, period.

I'm sure many gms would view rondo as much as a superstar as melo

Especially since rondo would fit a need much more than melo

I'm sure in a lot of people minds rondo and Jeff green >>>> melo overall

Hell if we were sure rose wouldn't be the same rose, I wouldn't mind getting in on that rondo and Jeff green deal either lol

Rondo
Rose
Jeff green
Taj
Noah
Is a pretty good damn team imo
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#588 » by PMONSTER » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:13 pm

TheGameChanger wrote:This is going to be a long off season.

Not if D-Rose makes Team USA. :D

Well then again, for those who think he's injury prone that would be torture :o
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
Space Indaver
Junior
And1: 135

Post#589 » by Space Indaver » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:07 pm

Former MVP, DPOY, a guy who always challenges for the scoring title, a guy who is one of the better defensive smalls, and Afflalo (for Taj).

I'd give up Snell, Dunleavy and one or two picks for that.

Man, I keep swinging on this one. I just hope we come out of it with a good team. Thinking about it too much is stressful.
LobosJordan
Head Coach
And1: 1,320

Post#590 » by LobosJordan » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:23 pm

All I know is we have to win one game in Washington to at least have a viable sales pitch to Melo. Getting swept would look awful.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#591 » by Payt10 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:25 pm

LobosJordan wrote:All I know is we have to win one game in Washington to at least have a viable sales pitch to Melo. Getting swept would look awful.

If it counts for anything, it looks like Houston is going to get swept as well.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#592 » by patryk7754 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:17 am

These are the four teams with the best chances to get Melo
1. Suns
I believe they would have enough to match an offer for Bledsoe and with a discounted Melo add him to that offensive juggernaut

2. Rockets
They could easily trade Lin and Asik this offseason since they are both expiring and good players then sign Melo. Or they could just trade Lin and Asik and still resign Parsons run with melo playing the 4

3. Bobcats
They'll have enough money to sign Melo and they are arguably a superstar away from being a contender and there's the connection with MJ

4. Bulls
obvious reasons

I think the Rockets, Bobcats, and Bulls all have an equal chance at signing him, imo. The Rockets would easily would have the best starting lineup in the NBA (Beverly, Harden, Parson, Melo, Howard plus Jones off the bench). Bobcats have a very good up and coming coach, top five defense, Kemba is a good third piece, zeller has all the tools to be a very good player and the combo of the High and low post games of Melo and Jefferson would be unstoppable.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,451

Post#593 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:21 am

If the Rockets lose in 4 or 5...that might make Morey get really active in his pursuit...dont like it either way
weneeda2guard
RealGM

Post#594 » by weneeda2guard » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:24 am

I'm not putting anything into these games.

We done have games in ny games here vs ny games vs Miami etc now this playoff series where we think it bears some leverage on whether or not we can get melo.

The reality is the best sells pitch is looking at it for what it is. Rose went down we traded deng and cleared the decks to go after melo. A team meant to tank highly over achieved based on great coaching and players with a lot of heart and fight. We lost a playoff series because we seriously lacked scoring. Guess what melo, adding you and rose and whoever we pick up with the bae possibly deng tpe and possibly rmle changes the scoring weakness. That is our best pitch, not winning 1 funky game with the wizards not like this a 1 seed vs a 8 seed it's not that much of a upset for a 5 to beat a 4.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#595 » by DanTown8587 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:27 am

Do you guys SEE the playoffs? Why they hell would Melo want to go out West? The top two seeds don't have home court. The 9th best team won 48 games. In the east, you have a #1 seed who is down 2-1 to a 38 win team and the #4 seed won 47 games with DJ Augustin as their leading scorer.
BullsFTW
Head Coach

Post#596 » by BullsFTW » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:14 am

weneeda2guard wrote:I'm not putting anything into these games.

We done have games in ny games here vs ny games vs Miami etc now this playoff series where we think it bears some leverage on whether or not we can get melo.

The reality is the best sells pitch is looking at it for what it is. Rose went down we traded deng and cleared the decks to go after melo. A team meant to tank highly over achieved based on great coaching and players with a lot of heart and fight. We lost a playoff series because we seriously lacked scoring. Guess what melo, adding you and rose and whoever we pick up with the bae possibly deng tpe and possibly rmle changes the scoring weakness. That is our best pitch, not winning 1 funky game with the wizards not like this a 1 seed vs a 8 seed it's not that much of a upset for a 5 to beat a 4.

never thought of that. when does that expire and do we have to renounce that to make space?
BullsFTW
Head Coach

Post#597 » by BullsFTW » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:27 am

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:If the Rockets lose in 4 or 5...that might make Morey get really active in his pursuit...dont like it either way

Don't you think the same could be said about GarPax? I mean, seeing our team struggle to score should push the Front Office to really go after Melo in FA.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#598 » by kyrv » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:06 am

DanTown8587 wrote:Do you guys SEE the playoffs? Why they hell would Melo want to go out West? The top two seeds don't have home court. The 9th best team won 48 games. In the east, you have a #1 seed who is down 2-1 to a 38 win team and the #4 seed won 47 games with DJ Augustin as their leading scorer.

Ya I'm glad Dwight went west but wow me too Heat or no Heat I'm picking the east.
TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#599 » by TheGameChanger » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:13 am

Sign and Trade Might be the only Hope.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,451

Post#600 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:14 am

BullsFTW wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:If the Rockets lose in 4 or 5...that might make Morey get really active in his pursuit...dont like it either way

Don't you think the same could be said about GarPax? I mean, seeing our team struggle to score should push the Front Office to really go after Melo in FA.

You'd think so...but haven't we as fans been saying that for years now? Even with Rose...not enough scoring options

Return to Chicago Bulls