Image ImageImage Image

OT: Lance Stephenson - Just another reason to avoid

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

ryannik09
Bench Warmer
And1: 378

OT: Lance Stephenson - Just another reason to avoid 

Post#1 » by ryannik09 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:31 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pacers-fig ... 19341.html

On the eve of this Eastern Conference series, the wobbling No. 1 seed punctuated its final playoff preparations in a most self-destructive way: Two Indiana Pacers dragged a cursing, cut Evan Turner out of the Bankers Life Fieldhouse court, untangling him from a practice-floor fistfight with teammate Lance Stephenson.

Turner hadn't been the first Pacer to lose his temper with Stephenson these tumultuous several weeks, and Stephenson's relentlessly irritable nature suggests Turner won't be the last. These scrapes aren't uncommon in the NBA, but this confrontation had been weeks in the making and that reflected in the ferocity of the encounter, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Just keep him the hell away from the Bulls. He has been a probably since he was in HS and nothing is going to change with Born Ready.
Gregnice33
Analyst
And1: 582

Re: OT: Lance Stephenson - Just another reason to avoid 

Post#2 » by Gregnice33 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:03 pm

We aren't signing Lance, I doubt we even meet with him. He doesn't fit the Bulls' culture.

I also don't think we are getting Melo. Meeks will be are starting 2 guard next year.

We don't ever sign quality big name free agents.

Our last two signings when we have had cap space: Boozer and Ben Wallace.
When it comes to racism, people say: I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em
~Mitch Hedberg
MalikJoakim24
Banned User
And1: 3,420

Post#3 » by MalikJoakim24 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:16 pm

Yeah, he would ruin our chemistry and just pick fights, do not want.
DaeDae
Analyst
And1: 661

Post#4 » by DaeDae » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:25 pm

ryannik09 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pacers-fight-each-other-on-eve-of-playoffs--finally-take-swing-at-hawks-in-game-2-062419341.html

On the eve of this Eastern Conference series, the wobbling No. 1 seed punctuated its final playoff preparations in a most self-destructive way: Two Indiana Pacers dragged a cursing, cut Evan Turner out of the Bankers Life Fieldhouse court, untangling him from a practice-floor fistfight with teammate Lance Stephenson.

Turner hadn't been the first Pacer to lose his temper with Stephenson these tumultuous several weeks, and Stephenson's relentlessly irritable nature suggests Turner won't be the last. These scrapes aren't uncommon in the NBA, but this confrontation had been weeks in the making and that reflected in the ferocity of the encounter, sources told Yahoo Sports.

Just keep him the hell away from the Bulls. He has been a probably since he was in HS and nothing is going to change with Born Ready.

People lost their tempers with Jordan. We should have traded him. He doesn't fit our culture. You know who else didn't fit our culture? Dennis Rodman. We never should have signed him.
Red Larrivee wrote:The Bulls have too many untouchables for a team without a second option.
bentheredengthat
General Manager
And1: 1,606

Post#5 » by bentheredengthat » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:48 pm

When Stephenson is being taken out of the Pacer's games, he's walking behind the bench and standing in the entrance to the tunnel just glowering at his teammates.

Pretty ugly if you watch the games.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,769

Post#6 » by jc23 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:56 pm

ya he aint worth it, most i would pay lance now is the mle.

If a bad team with poor leadership signs him watch out, dude will self destruct.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#7 » by Proven_Winner » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:56 pm

DaeDae wrote:
ryannik09 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pacers-fight-each-other-on-eve-of-playoffs--finally-take-swing-at-hawks-in-game-2-062419341.html

People lost their tempers with Jordan. We should have traded him. He doesn't fit our culture. You know who else didn't fit our culture? Dennis Rodman. We never should have signed him.

But Jordan had the game to back it up.and with Dennis we had someone baby sit him and he was more of an off court troublemaker than an on court one.
ryannik09
Bench Warmer
And1: 378

Post#8 » by ryannik09 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:59 pm

DaeDae wrote:

Good comparison.....Lets compare Lance to the best player of all-time and another guy in the HOF. Lance will be lucky to make one All Star game in his career.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,320

Post#9 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:59 pm

B-b-b-b-but he got Swag....
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
cubbiefan009
Assistant Coach
And1: 539

Post#10 » by cubbiefan009 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:00 pm

Great example of good talent wasted on a headcase.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,363

Post#11 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:00 pm

Lance moving up in weight class I see
drosestruts
General Manager

Post#12 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:01 pm

bentheredengthat wrote:When Stephenson is being taken out of the Pacer's games, he's walking behind the bench and standing in the entrance to the tunnel just glowering at his teammates.

Pretty ugly if you watch the games.

Not to defend Lance, because I don't like him, but I saw Pacers fans mention that he's done this during the season and he goes over there because Larry Bird sits there and Larry talks to Lance.

During the game last night I didn't see Larry speaking to Lance but that's what they say.
Jimmy Forums
Veteran
And1: 961

Post#13 » by Jimmy Forums » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:06 pm

Funny that the blame gets put on Lance right away. Sure, he's got a history, but I don't think Turner is regarded as the perfect teammate either. Furthermore, I've heard it mentioned that the trade for Evan Turner has thrown a significant monkey wrench in the Pacers chemistry and has been a major contributor to their demise. We don't know what happened in there. Sure, there are better ways to handle problems than fighting your teammates, but we know Lance is fiery. Nothing really new about that. We just don't know exactly what brought this about and of all the players on that team, I'm least surprised it was Turner.

Stephenson is a damn good basketball player and would be a wonderful signing for our 2-guard position. :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you don't have to be friends with these guys, you just have to let them win championships. And who's gonna help us more than Lance? (Excluding any Melo Plan.)
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,861

Post#14 » by bledredwine » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Gregnice33 wrote:We aren't signing Lance, I doubt we even meet with him. He doesn't fit the Bulls' culture.

I also don't think we are getting Melo. Meeks will be are starting 2 guard next year.

Sad but true until proven otherwise.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
drosestruts
General Manager

Post#15 » by drosestruts » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Now ESPN is reporting on a separate issue between Stephenson and Hill from earlier this year:

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/st ... aching-job

Sources said that Stephenson and guard George Hill had to be separated on the bench during a 26-point home loss to San Antonio on March 31. And when Roy Hibbert made his well-chronicled complaints to NBA.com in late March about "some selfish dudes in here," sources say he was essentially referring to Stephenson, who ranks as one of the league's most improved players this season as he approaches free agency in July and is well-known to be a Bird favorite.
Tenchi Ryu
RealGM
And1: 6,426

Post#16 » by Tenchi Ryu » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:12 pm

Pacers start to have problems around the same time a certain player starts to get more attention...

[x] Fire Thibs
[x] Fire Kirk
[x] Fire Noah
[x] Fire GarPax
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#17 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:18 pm

Jimmy Forums wrote:Funny that the blame gets put on Lance right away. Sure, he's got a history, but I don't think Turner is regarded as the perfect teammate either. Furthermore, I've heard it mentioned that the trade for Evan Turner has thrown a significant monkey wrench in the Pacers chemistry and has been a major contributor to their demise. We don't know what happened in there. Sure, there are better ways to handle problems than fighting your teammates, but we know Lance is fiery. Nothing really new about that. We just don't know exactly what brought this about and of all the players on that team, I'm least surprised it was Turner.

Stephenson is a damn good basketball player and would be a wonderful signing for our 2-guard position. :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you don't have to be friends with these guys, you just have to let them win championships. And who's gonna help us more than Lance? (Excluding any Melo Plan.)

The common name in the locker room issues has been Lance Stephenson. He had a fight with Turner and George Hill.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Jeffster81
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,751

Post#18 » by Jeffster81 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Didn't want Stephenson before these altercations, and these fights he is having with teammates are confirming my suspicions that he's a bad teammates. Do not want. Sometimes talent is not worth pursuing, ie JR Smith rule, and LS is a talent not worth investing in. If the Bulls wouldn't keep (or even considered) Smith, what makes Pro-Stephenson's fans think the Bulls are going to look at LS?
CousinOfDeath
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,260

Post#19 » by CousinOfDeath » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:56 pm

Gregnice33 wrote:We aren't signing Lance, I doubt we even meet with him. He doesn't fit the Bulls' culture.

You act like the Bulls chose Boozer and Ben Wallace over better options
suckfish wrote:Reminder: NBA players are stupid.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#20 » by TheStig » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:00 pm

The eighth grader strikes again. This guy is going to be unbearable when he gets paid.

Return to Chicago Bulls