Image ImageImage Image

Official 2014-15 Trade Thread Off Season Addition (MERGING)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,796

Re: Official 2014-15 Trade Thread Off Season Addition (MERG 

Post#441 » by jc23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:10 am

Denver aint making the playoffs, wonder if they would be open to trading Afflalo at the break. Snell, Dun and a pick is fair for a guy who is expiring. They get more back then what they traded him for.

Also be nice to get Matthews from Portland but they have been historically difficult to trade with imo.
Be curious, Not judgmental
TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#442 » by TheGameChanger » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:53 am

Gerald Green would be a great addition. We need another Addition.
Bluewaterheaven
Assistant Coach
And1: 664

Post#443 » by Bluewaterheaven » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:53 pm

jc23 wrote:Denver aint making the playoffs, wonder if they would be open to trading Afflalo at the break. Snell, Dun and a pick is fair for a guy who is expiring. They get more back then what they traded him for.

Also be nice to get Matthews from Portland but they have been historically difficult to trade with imo.

Can we also get Nate with Afflalo?
Unknown wrote:Dwarves laugh when they run because the grass tickles their balls.
theanimal23
RealGM
And1: 926

Post#444 » by theanimal23 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:02 am

This works via ESPN Trade Checker:

Dunleavy, Snell, Bairstow, and Chicago 1st round pick for Afflalo

Rose/Hinrich
Afflalo/Hinrich
Butler/McDermott
Gasol/Mirotic
Noah/Gibson
KevinPandawong
Junior
And1: 166

Post#445 » by KevinPandawong » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:51 am

Bluewaterheaven wrote:
jc23 wrote:Denver aint making the playoffs, wonder if they would be open to trading Afflalo at the break. Snell, Dun and a pick is fair for a guy who is expiring. They get more back then what they traded him for.

A million times this, I'd trade Taj for a package like that. I'd like to see what kinds of pick/player packages we could get for Taj.

What kind of package would we need to send to PHX for Green/Ennis or to Utah for Burks/Hood?
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#446 » by Proven_Winner » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:59 am

KevinPandawong wrote:
Bluewaterheaven wrote:

A million times this, I'd trade Taj for a package like that. I'd like to see what kinds of pick/player packages we could get for Taj.

What kind of package would we need to send to PHX for Green/Ennis or to Utah for Burks/Hood?

That's way too much for 2 expiring guys though. Denver didn't even give up a 1st to get Afflalo and Nate is expiring so you could just get him in FA.
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,060

Post#447 » by NecessaryEvil » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:37 am

Rose / Hinrich / Robinson
Afflalo / McDermott / Robinson
Butler / McDermott / pick
Gasol / Gibson / Mirotic
Noah / Gibson / Mirotic / pick

That team wins 1 title before Gasol's deal expires. Sign him up for 2 more seasons to back-up Mirotic. I predict 2 championships in the Pau era. That team can get it done. Ball-handlers, shot makers, defenders, an mvp candidate, super sayian mirotic, etc. If it's one thing we need, it's additional iso shot creators.
Fisherman4JC
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#448 » by Fisherman4JC » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:35 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradecheck ... de/6516277

chi: P.Gasol, N.Mirotic, M.Dunleavy, D.McDermott, T.Snell, and draft pick(s) (for E.Turner)
bos: J.Green, G.Wallace, E.Turner (or J.Eddie [and no/or less draft pick{s}]), T.Zeller

- get J.Green to hold down sf, who can create his own shot and play defense, young/athletic
- get G.Wallace who can create his own shot, play D, and is athletic
- get E.Turner (preferred) who can dribble the ball, is athletic, and can create his own shot, and play D
- get T.Zeller a young big who can play backup center to J.Noah
* giving up draft pick(s) doesn't matter, because chicago is in win-now mode

- not in win-now mode, boston gets 3 prospects from chicago
- gets P.Gasol to fill in at pf to be an anchor for their young players
- unload the contract of G.Wallace, with the expiring of M.Dunleavy, and prospects
- receive draft pick(s) possibly
- not being in win-now mode, this gives them even more players to rebuild with,
while obtaining a valuable trade chip in P.Gasol, if they in turn want to flip him for even more assets,
in, let's say, a R.Rondo/P.Gasol package, or merely a straight up P.Gasol offer anyway
Repeat 3-peat
RealGM
And1: 14,606

Post#449 » by Repeat 3-peat » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:08 pm

Fisherman4JC wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6516277

chi: P.Gasol, N.Mirotic, M.Dunleavy, D.McDermott, T.Snell, and draft pick(s) (for E.Turner)
bos: J.Green, G.Wallace, E.Turner (or J.Eddie [and no/or less draft pick{s}]), T.Zeller

- get J.Green to hold down sf, who can create his own shot and play defense, young/athletic
- get E.Turner (preferred) who can dribble the ball, is athletic, and can create his own shot, and play D

- unload the contract of G.Wallace, with the expiring of M.Dunleavy, and prospects
while obtaining a valuable trade chip in P.Gasol, if they in turn want to flip him for even more assets,
in, let's say, a R.Rondo/P.Gasol package, or merely a straight up P.Gasol offer anyway

:lol:
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#450 » by Proven_Winner » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:26 pm

Fisherman4JC wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6516277

The Bulls would be massively overpaying for a overpaid and old wallace, an inffecient guy in turner, and an inconsistent scorer in Green. Meanwhile the Celtics get a cheap starter, a draft pick, Snell who they could just drop after this year, and the euro prospect who we already told wouldn't be traded.

The only plus for the Bulls is Green, wallace is bad especially at his age, and Turner is very inconsistent.

This trade would only benefit Boston and Bulls would get screwed big time.
WYO
Junior
And1: 183

Post#451 » by WYO » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:52 am

Proven_Winner wrote:

The Bulls would be massively overpaying for a overpaid and old wallace, an inffecient guy in turner, and an inconsistent scorer in Green. Meanwhile the Celtics get a cheap starter, a draft pick, Snell who they could just drop after this year, and the euro prospect who we already told wouldn't be traded.

The only plus for the Bulls is Green, wallace is bad especially at his age, and Turner is very inconsistent.

This trade would only benefit Boston and Bulls would get screwed big time.

You won't say it so I will. This is the worst attempt at a trade I have ever seen.
Fisherman4JC
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#452 » by Fisherman4JC » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:55 am

wow, you all are trippin in my opinion, J.Green adds such explosiveness to our squad, and we need athleticism, we are too stiff as it is
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#453 » by GimmeDat » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:33 am

Fisherman4JC wrote:wow, you all are trippin in my opinion, J.Green adds such explosiveness to our squad, and we need athleticism, we are too stiff as it is

He's explosive, sure, and I do like him, but you're giving up a heck of a lot for a guy who's largely inconsistent, inefficient and just generally mediocre despite his exciting potential. You're giving up Gasol, a guy who's better than him already, Mirotic and McDermott, two guys who project to be as good if not better than him in a few years, as well as Snell and picks.

In return, you're getting Green, Wallace, who's an absolute shell of his former self, and Evan Turner who couldn't even get more than the vet. min. this offseason. Tyler Zeller is a marginal asset as well, rotation big at best.

I can understand why you're so enamored by Green, but trust me, this would set us back a long way.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#454 » by Proven_Winner » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:24 pm

Fisherman4JC wrote:wow, you all are trippin in my opinion, J.Green adds such explosiveness to our squad, and we need athleticism, we are too stiff as it is

So does Gerald Green and he comes at a wayyyy cheaper price and he's expiring in case we don't want him.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,796

Post#455 » by jc23 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:03 am

I can see us making a trade at the break if everyone stays healthy (mainly Derrick). imo the FO wants to make sure this is a year to all in and need to see Derrick play a few months.
Be curious, Not judgmental
poolshark52
Pro Prospect
And1: 471

Post#456 » by poolshark52 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Can we get a change to the thread name please? It's no longer off season, and unless it was meant as a pun or something, it should never have been addition, but rather I think you mean edition. Yes, I went all summer without complaining about this, but it finally got too much for me. :banghead: :lol:
Nwaba daba doo!
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,075

Post#457 » by MrSparkle » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:56 pm

Well, it's prob time for a new thread.
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#458 » by patryk7754 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:54 pm

With the Knicks expected to go after Marc Gasol they might try to trade for Pau. I would only accept a package involving a 1st rounder from the Knciks since they don't have anyone to offer out side of Iman in a sign and trade. The reason I think the Bulls would consider this is because after trading Pau we'd have the opportunity to go after Aldridge. Iman would be a plus with us possibly losing Butler, but I think we'd be able to sign Aldridge and resign Butler.

2015 Lineup

Rose/1st rounder/Kirk
Butler/Snell
McDoug/Shumpert
LMA/Mirotic
Noah/Taj
patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,108

Post#459 » by patryk7754 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:16 pm

I think Pau is going to be on the block in the off-season for two reasons. First, To get an asset like a pick and to free up space for LMA. Some trades that I can see happening for Pau for assets and cap relief are;
to the Hawks for protected 1st
to Boston for protected 1st and one of their bigs
to the Nets for 1st
to the Blazers (if LMA leaves) for protected 1st
to the Kings (sending Thompson to a third team) for protected 1st
to the Lakers for protected pick (A lot of pieces would have to come to LAL for them to consider this but Kobe might ask for it to go for one last ring.)

Second, to move Taj into the starting lineup and and get a replacement for Butler. Although I'd prefer to keep Butler, I'm not sure the Bulls are willing to pay what other teams are (I think he'll get about 8mil). Possible trades to replace Butler;

To the Celtics for Green
To the Hawks for Korver
To the Raptors for Ross (unlikely trade, but this would give us the opportunity to pursue LMA or a backup for taj. Amir Jonshon?)
To the Nuggets for Afflalo
To the Thunder for Lamb (probably the most likely trade and this would give us the opportunity to go after other players as well)
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#460 » by Proven_Winner » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:59 pm

LMA hasn't even hinted at leaving the team he has helped bring up to what they are now.

Return to Chicago Bulls