Image ImageImage Image

Official 2014-15 Trade Thread Off Season Addition (MERGING)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Re: Official 2014-15 Trade Thread Off Season Addition (MERG 

Post#821 » by Mech Engineer » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:56 pm

Proven_Winner wrote:
SF88 wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:
I wasn't saying that as if I thought it was a bad trade just surprised you think your team would give us all that for Taj. The only thing that could make that even better would be green.

Please, by all means take him. Enjoy :)

Is he really that bad? I'm not going to praise as if I watch the Suns (though I wish I could), but I ask because I read an article saying that the Bulls were interested in him and that it would only take 2 second rounders and that seems extremely low for a guy like Green who can contribute.

I saw one game and he is terrible. I see the possibility of him getting "snelled" out on the Bulls. He just doesn't seem to know when not to shoot/shoot. Maybe, he will change because he has been around the league.

That said, that Phoenix trade proposed looks terrible because the Bulls are just getting a bunch of bodies.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#822 » by Proven_Winner » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:02 pm

Mech Engineer wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:
SF88 wrote:Please, by all means take him. Enjoy :)

Is he really that bad? I'm not going to praise as if I watch the Suns (though I wish I could), but I ask because I read an article saying that the Bulls were interested in him and that it would only take 2 second rounders and that seems extremely low for a guy like Green who can contribute.

I saw one game and he is terrible. I see the possibility of him getting "snelled" out on the Bulls. He just doesn't seem to know when not to shoot/shoot. Maybe, he will change because he has been around the league.

That said, that Phoenix trade proposed looks terrible because the Bulls are just getting a bunch of bodies.

The only reason I want him (at the right pricE) is because Bulls were once interested before the Pacers got him so they know about his strengths and issues. Plus I rather have someone coming of that bench at Sf or Sg than just making Jimmy the new Deng where you play him a ton with both units.

It's not great, but rarelt do you ever see someone from another board offer something like that. Most people would just say Taj for (insert garbage bench player).
maynardo
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#823 » by maynardo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:01 pm

Apparently a lot s#!t is going down

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/544942840095457281[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/544943994904772609[/tweet]

Go get a defensive wing GarPax!!!!
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#824 » by Payt10 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:35 pm

maynardo wrote:Apparently a lot s#!t is going down

Of course the Bulls aren't one of the teams on that list.. God forbid.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,117

Post#825 » by Revived » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:48 am

Proven_Winner wrote:
SF88 wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:
I wasn't saying that as if I thought it was a bad trade just surprised you think your team would give us all that for Taj. The only thing that could make that even better would be green.

Please, by all means take him. Enjoy :)

He's a gunner. When he's on, he's ON. He's also super athletic so you can throw up lobs for him and he can dunk over anyone in the league.

I don't like him cause he's too shot happy but on a Bulls team that can use offensive firepower, I don't think its a bad fit for him.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#826 » by MC3 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:16 am

Payt10 wrote:
maynardo wrote:Apparently a lot s#!t is going down

Of course the Bulls aren't one of the teams on that list.. God forbid.

We have complete team. One wing in Dunleavy. Second doesnt matter. No or shooting guard. God forbid we acknowledge that we have deep weaknesses.
TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#827 » by TheGameChanger » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:52 am

We never make big moves.
gstephanopulos
Sixth Man
And1: 823

Post#828 » by gstephanopulos » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:10 am

It's better not to make moves than makes 'splash' moves that turn out to be terrible. Vide Pacers last year going after Bynum and Turner. Everyone praised that moves and those turn out to be horrible.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#829 » by Proven_Winner » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:20 pm

gstephanopulos wrote:It's better not to make moves than makes 'splash' moves that turn out to be terrible. Vide Pacers last year going after Bynum and Turner. Everyone praised that moves and those turn out to be horrible.

Nope every GM should be like Morey and make 2k15 trades. Disregard fit or chemistry just try to stack your team with offense and athletes.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#830 » by Payt10 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:20 pm

gstephanopulos wrote:It's better not to make moves than makes 'splash' moves that turn out to be terrible. Vide Pacers last year going after Bynum and Turner. Everyone praised that moves and those turn out to be horrible.

Nobody is asking for a splash move, but it's clear what moves the Bulls need to make as their roster is incomplete and imbalanced.

They need wing help and a serviceable 5th big, the former being most important. If the Bulls sit on their hands through the deadline it would be so typical of a team that's always been afraid of making any trade that actually improves them on the court during the season.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#831 » by Proven_Winner » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:59 pm

Payt10 wrote:

Nobody is asking for a splash move, but it's clear what moves the Bulls need to make as their roster is incomplete and imbalanced.

They need wing help and a serviceable 5th big, the former being most important. If the Bulls sit on their hands through the deadline it would be so typical of a team that's always been afraid of making any trade that actually improves them on the court during the season.

Are you saying the Bulls are scared to things to make them better? If so that sounds all kinds of crazy. They want the best team possible. Winning a championship helps everyone from Reinsdorf to Nazr so I doubt they are scared to make a trade for a guy they know and/or feel helps them get closer to the grand prize.

Also how do we know they aren't looking for a guy? They are very quiet about their moves and just because they haven't made calls doesn't mean they aren't thinking about what's the next move. Almost no one knew 2 years ago that they would be goign for Gerald Green until the last minute when he went to the Pacers.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#832 » by Payt10 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:22 pm

Proven_Winner wrote:
Payt10 wrote:

Are you saying the Bulls are scared to things to make them better? If so that sounds all kinds of crazy. They want the best team possible. Winning a championship helps everyone from Reinsdorf to Nazr so I doubt they are scared to make a trade for a guy they know and/or feel helps them get closer to the grand prize.

Also how do we know they aren't looking for a guy? They are very quiet about their moves and just because they haven't made calls doesn't mean they aren't thinking about what's the next move. Almost no one knew 2 years ago that they would be goign for Gerald Green until the last minute when he went to the Pacers.

I'm saying they have never made an in-season trade with the sole purpose of getting better on the court. Every trade they have made has always been about saving money.
Revived
RealGM

Post#833 » by Revived » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:08 am

vxmike wrote:
Noah is the guy Phx needs. If the PHX medical staff made Grant Hill healthy they can certainly round Noah into shape. Noah (who can pass well) surrounded by four athletic shooters is a great fit.

What's a fair package for Noah? The Bulls definitely need Plumlee as a backup C in return but I would think one of Dragic or Bledsoe would have to be the centerpiece.

Something like Bledsoe, Green, Tolliver, 2014 Suns 1st rd pick, and 2016 lottery protected Suns 1st rd pick?

Maybe even the 2014 LAL first rd pick.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#834 » by musiqsoulchild » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:16 am

kodo wrote:
Badbeats wrote:https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12028590/charlotte-hornets-explore-lance-stephenson-trade

Surprised this didn't get its own thread. So many posters were very high on Stephenson this summer. I am sure they would still love to get him to help bolster SG position.

The Lance popularity is why democracy is the worst way to run a business.

Lance is a terrible 5 man team basketball player. Other GMs were handing out max contracts and it's no surprise Lance got snubbed by almost all GMs except for Charlotte, who wouldn't even guarantee the final year.

He's always been known to be individually talented all the way back to his HS days; that's never been the issue. But JR Ryder & Terrence Williams were even more talented and both were out of the league quickly.

Lance simply doesn't execute team plays. He doesn't move where he's supposed to, he causes TO's because the offense stagnates because it's waiting on him, he trots through executing plays that aren't designed around him.

Despite all his personal boxscore stats, the Pacers were just a net +2 with him on the floor, not much different than CJ Watson +1.5. Other wings getting max, Hayward is +9.3 while Parsons is +9.2.

Hornets head coach Steve Clifford has sat Stephenson during the fourth quarter multiple times this year because of the Hornets' lack of spacing and ball movement with him in the game.

And 1'd.
For love, not money.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#835 » by DanTown8587 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:32 am

The only contracts I'd imagine the team is open to dealing to solve the ninth man are Snell, Bairstow, Mohammed, and Moore. That total doesn't attract much attention around the league and in an era with increasing salaries, I'd be quite pissed to trade a first round pick for some stop gap backup G/F.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,005

Post#836 » by vxmike » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:37 am

SF88 wrote:
vxmike wrote:
Noah is the guy Phx needs. If the PHX medical staff made Grant Hill healthy they can certainly round Noah into shape. Noah (who can pass well) surrounded by four athletic shooters is a great fit.

What's a fair package for Noah? The Bulls definitely need Plumlee as a backup C in return but I would think one of Dragic or Bledsoe would have to be the centerpiece.

Something like Bledsoe, Green, Tolliver, 2014 Suns 1st rd pick, and 2016 lottery protected Suns 1st rd pick?

I'm a Bulls fan and I'd feel guilty taking that much back from PHX. Does Noah really have that much trade value? If so the Bulls needs to move him considering they need help in other areas and already have three other good bigs.
Revived
RealGM

Post#837 » by Revived » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:46 am

vxmike wrote:
SF88 wrote:
vxmike wrote:

I'm a Bulls fan and I'd feel guilty taking that much back from PHX. Does Noah really have that much trade value? If so the Bulls needs to move him considering they need help in other areas and already have three other good bigs.

Suns have been longing for someone with his defensive pedigree for over 25 years, so yea I think he's worth that much to Phoenix.

Would solve so many defensive problems for the Suns.
dumbell78
General Manager
And1: 5,289

Post#838 » by dumbell78 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:00 am

DanTown8587 wrote:The only contracts I'd imagine the team is open to dealing to solve the ninth man are Snell, Bairstow, Mohammed, and Moore. That total doesn't attract much attention around the league and in an era with increasing salaries, I'd be quite pissed to trade a first round pick for some stop gap backup G/F.

Issue becomes no one is taking those guys and sending us value without a 1st rounder attached. I honestly would do it to fill our wing void, even if there isn't any guarantee we can regain said player in FA next year. Ist rounder that is most likely 20th or worse isnt something I lose sleep over. Sure it can be a Jimmy Butler but more likely that it's a Teague or Snell.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong.
KC: You were asked that question at the news conference announcing Thibodeau's dismissal and you answered yes
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,772

Post#839 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:26 am

vxmike wrote:
SF88 wrote:
vxmike wrote:

If Noah gets back to playing at the level he was last season I would rather have him over Bledsoe, some bums and some picks. Bulls are trying to win a championship now.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,901

Post#840 » by RSP83 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Corey Brewer officially available per wiretap:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... -By-Wolves

Anyway we can bring him in? Do you think Wolves willing to take back Snell (young asset with potential), E'twaun Moore unguaranteed contract. Still short about 2 million in salary to make the number work. In a perfect world, I will throw in Kirk Hinrich to make it work. But, there's just no way Bulls trade him again for the 2nd time.

Start Brewer at 3, bring MDJ off the bench. Doug needs time to recover his knee, and won't be ready to play at the highest level this year.

Return to Chicago Bulls