Image ImageImage Image

Official 2014-15 Trade Thread Off Season Addition (MERGING)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

WICKED17
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Re: Official 2014-15 Trade Thread Off Season Addition (MERG 

Post#161 » by WICKED17 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:09 am

So with the Cavs having just hours ago traded Felix ( who, mind you, is basically a worthless asset ) and 1M in cash to Utah for 3 Non G`s with their salaries totaling 3.364 M.

If I were a betting man I would say the Cavs current offer to acquire Love is as follows

30 Days... Players + 5M Trade

Bennett, Wiggins, 1st @ 11.075 M ( trade value of 16.075 M )
for
Love @ 15.72 M

THEN

Follow Up. 2 Months... Players + 150% + 100k Trade

3 Non G, Haywood, Dellavedova @ 6.394 M ( trade value of 9.69 M )
for
Barea, Budinger @ 9.52 M

Sadly, as per usual our F.O. is being out maneuvered. Only this time, in essence, by the Queen himself.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#162 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:57 am

Do we still have those 3 UNG in James, Brewer and Amundson? We did waive them right?
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#163 » by Proven_Winner » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:36 am

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:Do we still have those 3 UNG in James, Brewer and Amundson? We did waive them right?

Yes we waived them to open up space to sign gasol and nikola.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#164 » by DanTown8587 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:50 pm

WICKED17 wrote:So with the Cavs having just hours ago traded Felix ( who, mind you, is basically a worthless asset ) and 1M in cash to Utah for 3 Non G`s with their salaries totaling 3.364 M.

If I were a betting man I would say the Cavs current offer to acquire Love is as follows

for
Love @ 15.72 M

THEN

for
Barea, Budinger @ 9.661 M

Sadly, as per usual our F.O. is being out manuvered. Only this time, in essence, by the Queen himself.

So Cleveland would have only James, Thompson, and Varejao who have played the 4/5 in the NBA? Ok, that team isn't beating any team with legit size like Chicago, Washington, or Indiana.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#165 » by spearsy23 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:08 am

GimmeDat wrote:Jeremy's going to breakout and have a very solid year this year.

I would do Lamb for MDJ every day of the week, both in a win-now and long-term sense. Lamb would be excellent off the bench for us.

I don't think the Bulls would do it though - they value both Snell and MDJ pretty highly, and I think they appreciate Mike's vet. leadership.

It's basically moot anyway. The Thunder wouldn't even consider it, it's the exact opposite of a Sam Presti move.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
musketeer
Junior
And1: 81

Post#166 » by musketeer » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:16 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:
WICKED17 wrote:So with the Cavs having just hours ago traded Felix ( who, mind you, is basically a worthless asset ) and 1M in cash to Utah for 3 Non G`s with their salaries totaling 3.364 M.

for
Love @ 15.72 M

THEN

for
Barea, Budinger @ 9.661 M

Sadly, as per usual our F.O. is being out manuvered. Only this time, in essence, by the Queen himself.

So Cleveland would have only James, Thompson, and Varejao who have played the 4/5 in the NBA? Ok, that team isn't beating any team with legit size like Chicago, Washington, or Indiana.

Kevin Love?
PaKii94
RealGM
And1: 6,546

Post#167 » by PaKii94 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:46 am

I'm still surprised NOONE took boozer from the bulls. I would think pelicans might have been looking to move Eric Gordon. I would have done a Boozer for EG swap, s&t pau for mdj+ungaranteed, sign mirotic for mle, sign kirk for bae, sign brooks and brand/okafor for the vet min

Rose/gordon/butler/gasol/noah
Kirk/Snell/mc3/mirotic/taj
brooks/................./okafor

we would have had a secondary ball handler+ creator. They are already paying boozer anyway, I would have given gordon a shot. Rose would probably like playing with his mate again. guess his knees were too much of a risk :dontknow:
asimpsonxd
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#168 » by asimpsonxd » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:31 pm

With Jimmy Butler looking for an extension after this season around the $8-10 million mark (see avery bradley) and the new depth we have at PF & rumors of Taj being out for roster consolidation, would it make sense to trade these two proven defensive players for Goran Dragic? This will give us another shot creator (can play both 1&2) who also had a 40% 3 point percentage from last year. also opens 2.5 million in cap space... maybe sign Shawn Marion?

With the addition of IT and the eventual signing of Eric Bledsoe the suns will have a good amount of playable point guards/combo guards. This would really put phoenix in a good playoff position out west.

He is an expiring contract due to his player option but if the Bulls were able to make a legit run could be had for $12 m/year. This would allow us to be more flexible than Butler @ 9 and taj at 8.5.

Bulls:
Rose/Hinrich/Brooks
Dragic/Snell/Hinrich
Dunleavy/McDermott/ Vet. (Marion?)
Gasol/Mirotic/Bairstow
Noah/Gasol

Suns:
Bledsoe/Thomas/Ennis
Butler/Green/Goodwin
Tucker/Morris/Warren
Gibson/Morris/Tolliver
Plumlee/Len

I personally think this benefits both teams. Who says no?
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,611

Post#169 » by jacoby1us » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Bulls should try to sign Beasley and Okafor.
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,134

Post#170 » by Tetlak » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:47 pm

PaKii94 wrote:I'm still surprised NOONE took boozer from the bulls. I would think pelicans might have been looking to move Eric Gordon. I would have done a Boozer for EG swap, s&t pau for mdj+ungaranteed, sign mirotic for mle, sign kirk for bae, sign brooks and brand/okafor for the vet min

we would have had a secondary ball handler+ creator. They are already paying boozer anyway, I would have given gordon a shot. Rose would probably like playing with his mate again. guess his knees were too much of a risk :dontknow:

The Pels needed to have enough open cap to absorb Asik, Boozer would have ruined that.
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#171 » by PaKii94 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:41 am

Tetlak wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:I'm still surprised NOONE took boozer from the bulls. I would think pelicans might have been looking to move Eric Gordon. I would have done a Boozer for EG swap, s&t pau for mdj+ungaranteed, sign mirotic for mle, sign kirk for bae, sign brooks and brand/okafor for the vet min

The Pels needed to have enough open cap to absorb Asik, Boozer would have ruined that.

well EG is still on their team. If they agreed to boozer for EG swap, they would have saved a few mil (i think) and only have to pay boozer 1 yr vs 2 for eg
Tetlak
Assistant Coach

Post#172 » by Tetlak » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:04 am

PaKii94 wrote:
Tetlak wrote:

well EG is still on their team. If they agreed to boozer for EG swap, they would have saved a few mil (i think) and only have to pay boozer 1 yr vs 2 for eg

No bro, Boozer made more than EG
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#173 » by PaKii94 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:47 am

Tetlak wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
Tetlak wrote:

ah ok... i still think they prolly could have made salaries work ah well
Tetlak
Assistant Coach

Post#174 » by Tetlak » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:14 am

PaKii94 wrote:
Tetlak wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:

I would be for it but I dont think we would have been able to get both Gasol and Mirotic
PaKii94
RealGM

Post#175 » by PaKii94 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:17 am

Tetlak wrote:
PaKii94 wrote:
Tetlak wrote:

I would be for it but I dont think we would have been able to get both Gasol and Mirotic

well im pretty sure lakers would have agreed to a mdj+ungaranteed s&t if we gave them a second or 2 and then we could sign mirotic with mle
WYO
Junior
And1: 183

Post#176 » by WYO » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:39 pm

asimpsonxd wrote:With Jimmy Butler looking for an extension after this season around the $8-10 million mark (see avery bradley) and the new depth we have at PF & rumors of Taj being out for roster consolidation, would it make sense to trade these two proven defensive players for Goran Dragic? This will give us another shot creator (can play both 1&2) who also had a 40% 3 point percentage from last year. also opens 2.5 million in cap space... maybe sign Shawn Marion?

With the addition of IT and the eventual signing of Eric Bledsoe the suns will have a good amount of playable point guards/combo guards. This would really put phoenix in a good playoff position out west.

He is an expiring contract due to his player option but if the Bulls were able to make a legit run could be had for $12 m/year. This would allow us to be more flexible than Butler @ 9 and taj at 8.5.

Bulls:
Rose/Hinrich/Brooks
Dragic/Snell/Hinrich
Gasol/Mirotic/Bairstow
Noah/Gasol

Suns:
Bledsoe/Thomas/Ennis
Butler/Green/Goodwin
Tucker/Morris/Warren
Gibson/Morris/Tolliver
Plumlee/Len

Who guards Lebron?
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,803

Post#177 » by jc23 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:53 pm

possible? trade mdj for cap space this summer, tell niko to wait another year, sign Pau, then sign Lance.

Not sure if the numbers work but that would have been a much better move if possible imo.
Be curious, Not judgmental
asimpsonxd
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#178 » by asimpsonxd » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:43 pm

WYO wrote:
asimpsonxd wrote:With Jimmy Butler looking for an extension after this season around the $8-10 million mark (see avery bradley) and the new depth we have at PF & rumors of Taj being out for roster consolidation, would it make sense to trade these two proven defensive players for Goran Dragic? This will give us another shot creator (can play both 1&2) who also had a 40% 3 point percentage from last year. also opens 2.5 million in cap space... maybe sign Shawn Marion?

Bulls:
Rose/Hinrich/Brooks
Dragic/Snell/Hinrich
Gasol/Mirotic/Bairstow
Noah/Gasol

Suns:
Bledsoe/Thomas/Ennis
Butler/Green/Goodwin
Tucker/Morris/Warren
Gibson/Morris/Tolliver
Plumlee/Len

Who guards Lebron?

if all that happened including a marion signing, it would be matrix who is still a serviceable defender
MinneOOPalis
Analyst
And1: 1,415

Post#179 » by MinneOOPalis » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:46 pm

You guys want one of our wing players? Just checking interest
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#180 » by BullsFTW » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:36 am

If we do not get involved in a three-way deal with the Cavs & Wolves, I hope the Bulls consider a direct swap with Minnesota. In which the Bulls acquire Kevin Martin and Gorgui Dieng for Taj Gibson.

The Bulls get depth at the wing, and a replacement for Taj.

Return to Chicago Bulls