Image ImageImage Image

Official 2014-15 Trade Thread Off Season Addition (MERGING)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Bulls Fan 23
Pro Prospect
And1: 250

Re: Official 2014-15 Trade Thread Off Season Addition (MERG 

Post#181 » by Bulls Fan 23 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:44 am

BullsFTW wrote:If we do not get involved in a three-way deal with the Cavs & Wolves, I hope the Bulls consider a direct swap with Minnesota. In which the Bulls acquire Kevin Martin and Gorgui Dieng for Taj Gibson.

The Bulls get depth at the wing, and a replacement for Taj.

That is a fair trade for Taj, and I like it.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#182 » by panthermark » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:57 am

Sakuragi_ wrote:You guys want one of our wing players? Just checking interest

I think we are probably one of the few teams that could have some interest in Martin.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#183 » by GimmeDat » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:45 am

BullsFTW wrote:If we do not get involved in a three-way deal with the Cavs & Wolves, I hope the Bulls consider a direct swap with Minnesota. In which the Bulls acquire Kevin Martin and Gorgui Dieng for Taj Gibson.

I'd have to do that. Very reluctant at the idea of trading Taj, but I don't think you can afford to pass that up. 20ppg scorer and a very promising young C.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#184 » by TheStig » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:49 am

GimmeDat wrote:

I'd have to do that. Very reluctant at the idea of trading Taj, but I don't think you can afford to pass that up. 20ppg scorer and a very promising young C.

I don't think they will give us Love and Dieng for Taj.
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#185 » by BullsFTW » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:30 pm

If Mirotic blossoms from the get go, I'd consider trading Taj for young prospects. Taj for Robinson and McCollum seems fair. Two players who can be solid bench players down the road.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#186 » by BrooklynBulls » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:43 pm

BullsFTW wrote:If Mirotic blossoms from the get go, I'd consider trading Taj for young prospects. Taj for Robinson and McCollum seems fair. Two players who can be solid bench players down the road.

It will probably be very, very difficult to tell if Mirotic is blossoming from the beginning. Unless he shows he can play SF or somebody in our frontcourt gets injured, he's not going to be playing much early on.
BullsFTW
Head Coach
And1: 1,893

Post#187 » by BullsFTW » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:45 pm

BrooklynBulls wrote:
BullsFTW wrote:If Mirotic blossoms from the get go, I'd consider trading Taj for young prospects. Taj for Robinson and McCollum seems fair. Two players who can be solid bench players down the road.

It will probably be very, very difficult to tell if Mirotic is blossoming from the beginning. Unless he shows he can play SF or somebody in our frontcourt gets injured, he's not going to be playing much early on.

If he can prove himself in training camp, then why not.
Nikos Beard
Junior
And1: 380

Post#188 » by Nikos Beard » Fri Aug 1, 2014 9:09 pm

I really like that...mostly because of Dieng. Lots of promise there..put up 13/12/2/2/1 on 60% TS when he finally got minutes (30mpg) in the last 18 games of the season. He could be an absolute monster in Thibs' system.

Rose/Hinrich/Brooks
Martin/Snell/Hinrich
Butler/McDermott/Dunleavy
Gasol/Mirotic/Bairstow
Noah/Dieng/Gasol

I really like that team.
BIG Game
Rookie
And1: 272

Post#189 » by BIG Game » Sun Aug 3, 2014 4:16 am

I think Thibs will come out playing Butler about 40 min a game. He'll have to when MDJr and McBucket are on the court. Kirk will play the min that Butler doesn't at the 2. The hope would be that McBucket's develops into a poor mans paul pierce. Then once they feel more comfortable with Snell's D he'll take Kirk's minutes and if he plays well he will start taking the defensive burden off of Butler. Ideally Snell would develop into a Danny Green type player. So ideally for the bulls we start the season

Butler(40)/Kirk(12)
MDJr(24)/McBuckets(20)

By the end of the season ideal our rotation would be

Butler(32)/Snell(18)
McBuckets(28)/MDJr(20)

So if Snell is giving you Danny Green type of play, and McBuckets is starting and giving you 12 PPG i would consider moving MDJr & Butler for a DeMar DeRozan
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,450

Post#190 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Sun Aug 3, 2014 6:12 am

MDJ + Snell for KMart? Would the Bulls do that? Would Minny? Can it work financially? I would feel a lot better with a scoring wing like Martin on this team despite his shortcomings
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,233

Post#191 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Mon Aug 4, 2014 12:34 pm

If Indiana is looking to tank/rebuild, maybe we can grab a piece from them. Upgrade the 3rd guard spot with a Hinrich + 1st rounder for George Hill?
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 141

Post#192 » by Bulldog23 » Mon Aug 4, 2014 5:28 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:If Indiana is looking to tank/rebuild, maybe we can grab a piece from them. Upgrade the 3rd guard spot with a Hinrich + 1st rounder for George Hill?

George Hill would be a great pickup...but highly unlikely trade. But I like the name.
Kaled
Sophomore
And1: 78

Post#193 » by Kaled » Tue Aug 5, 2014 4:18 am

I'll rather trade Taj for Barton and Robinson. Anyways, i think that Mirotic is going to become an important player for the Bulls down the road. I'm going to get a lot of hate for this but i see him as a better player than McD down the road.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,075

Post#194 » by MrSparkle » Tue Aug 5, 2014 5:36 pm

Why do we want to trade Taj? He's a beast.

I'd only trade him out (with other assets) if an all-star was coming in.

Or, if Mirotic came in and looked like 35 mpg, borderline all-star material. Even then, having Taj come off the bench for 20 mpg is a huge, game-changing luxury... not to mention a huge insurance for injuries. Very low probability that Noah/Pau play 82-games.

Lastly, with the current LONG-TERM salary structure, we're out of the luxury tax for the next 3 years bar an epic extension for Jimmy. I predict he'll resign in the $8m-annual territory, unless he decides to pull a Bledsoe/Ben-Gordon/OJ-Mayo, which seems to never end well.

This current line-up is kind of a dream-scenario for most organizations. Cheap roster, tons of talent, lots of upward potential, great coach, everyone's locked-up so it's good for chemistry... everybody wants to be here, and you have a lot of tradeable pieces.
Kaled
Sophomore

Post#195 » by Kaled » Wed Aug 6, 2014 12:47 am

MrSparkle wrote:Why do we want to trade Taj? He's a beast.

Or, if Mirotic came in and looked like 35 mpg, borderline all-star material. Even then, having Taj come off the bench for 20 mpg is a huge, game-changing luxury... not to mention a huge insurance for injuries. Very low probability that Noah/Pau play 82-games.

Lastly, with the current LONG-TERM salary structure, we're out of the luxury tax for the next 3 years bar an epic extension for Jimmy. I predict he'll resign in the $8m-annual territory, unless he decides to pull a Bledsoe/Ben-Gordon/OJ-Mayo, which seems to never end well.

This current line-up is kind of a dream-scenario for most organizations. Cheap roster, tons of talent, lots of upward potential, great coach, everyone's locked-up so it's good for chemistry... everybody wants to be here, and you have a lot of tradeable pieces.

You're one of my favorite posters here, but i have to disagree with you on the "We should only trade Taj for an all-star" thing. We should trade him for the right offensive talent (whether is K-Martin or whoever), the Bulls need more offense on the wings and if Taj is the asking price for said upgrade you do it without hesitation.
asimpsonxd
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#196 » by asimpsonxd » Wed Aug 6, 2014 1:09 pm

Kaled wrote:
MrSparkle wrote:Why do we want to trade Taj? He's a beast.

You're one of my favorite posters here, but i have to disagree with you on the "We should only trade Taj for an all-star" thing. We should trade him for the right offensive talent (whether is K-Martin or whoever), the Bulls need more offense on the wings and if Taj is the asking price for said upgrade you do it without hesitation.

I really don't think kevin martin is worth trading Taj...

People say Kmart is a good offensive player, and i agree, his PER shows as such but he is such a TERRIBLE defender. When you look at real plus minus, especially defensive real plus minus you see how bad kevin martin is. Gibson is one of the highest rated in this regard. Only person i would trade Gibson for is Dragic, and they would want Butler too... i think i'd pull the trigger however
Kaled
Sophomore

Post#197 » by Kaled » Wed Aug 6, 2014 4:00 pm

asimpsonxd wrote:
I really don't think kevin martin is worth trading Taj...

People say Kmart is a good offensive player, and i agree, his PER shows as such but he is such a TERRIBLE defender. When you look at real plus minus, especially defensive real plus minus you see how bad kevin martin is. Gibson is one of the highest rated in this regard. Only person i would trade Gibson for is Dragic, and they would want Butler too... i think i'd pull the trigger however

I wouldn't worry a lot about defense if we keep Jimmy. Anyways, i wouldn't trade Taj in a heartbeat for Martin but i wouldn't be mad if that happens.
TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#198 » by TheGameChanger » Thu Aug 7, 2014 3:51 am

I wish we could get Marcus Thornton. However it too hard.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#199 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Thu Aug 7, 2014 8:29 am

First let give a SNELL a good chance this year,if he fails .. there is always trade deadline!
Chicago_All_Day
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#200 » by Chicago_All_Day » Thu Aug 7, 2014 3:38 pm

Goran Dragic would be pretty awesome. I know a lot of posters here really like him but acknowledge that he'd cost quite a bit to acquire. Dragic is due for a new contract after this year, just like Butler. How about Taj+Jimmy+1st for Dragic? We would absolutely have to follow that up with a Shawn Marion and Emeka Okafor(?) signing. Marion would sign with us for the vet min under the condition that he'd start for us.

Rose // Hinrich // Brooks
Dragic // Snell
Marion // McDermott // Dunleavy
Gasol // Mirotic // Bairstow
Noah // Okafor
Trust me, I got the memo.

Return to Chicago Bulls