Image ImageImage Image

13th Roster Spot: Shawn Marion?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,064

Re: 13th Roster Spot: Shawn Marion? 

Post#81 » by NecessaryEvil » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Indomitable wrote:
NecessaryEvil wrote:
wonderboy2 wrote:Yea I used to back up Robert Parrish on the old Boston Celtic teams lol.

Now you why he feels that way. He gives you a good explanation about why he feels the way he feels. Now do you refute him or argue your point of view.

No, you use a stupid photobucket image because you know he is right. You are not poster enough to admit there is a lot of truth and posters here have manic overreactions.

LOL, I actually really liked his ENTIRE post.... but thanks for chiming in.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#82 » by Proven_Winner » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:16 pm

rtblues wrote:Not sure. Wonder why no other teams have really come knocking. Maybe GMs know something.

Other teams do want him. He has Spurs, Bulls, and Lakers knocking at his door.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#83 » by rtblues » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:42 am

Proven_Winner wrote:
rtblues wrote:Not sure. Wonder why no other teams have really come knocking. Maybe GMs know something.

Yeah, and that all just surfaced at the same time as the Bulls story of being interested in him.
But, they weren't exactly beating a path to the guys door, until like yesterday...
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
jcuuofd
Analyst
And1: 511

Post#84 » by jcuuofd » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:57 am

Bring the Matrix home!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwRd3030yhQ[/youtube]
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#85 » by Proven_Winner » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:11 am

rtblues wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:

Yeah, and that all just surfaced at the same time as the Bulls story of being interested in him.
But, they weren't exactly beating a path to the guys door, until like yesterday...

True, but we were always knocking on his door since the start of FA. I think now it's gotten to the point where he is the best forward on the market. He's also looking to ring chase because he wants to add more to his collection.
Ron Johnson
Bench Warmer
And1: 172

Post#86 » by Ron Johnson » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:14 am

weneeda2guard wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:People love using the kawhi Leonard example but forget that he was surrounded by Duncan Parker and ginobli and how his youth showed up in last years finals when he missed clutch free throws.

In that 6th game he hit two big free throws in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line, but since later he missed another one that rimmed out, he missed clutch free throws? Wow.

Out of everything I pointed out that's all you wanted to talk about?

First off, yes , he still missed clutch free throws.

Secondly spurs could take that shot with kawhi because he was surrounded by a hall of fame core that cover his weaknesses and youth and we don't have that kind of core which was the point of my post

I haven't been following this thread, so I just noticed that you replied to me. You're right I only replied to part of your post. However, I was correct in what I stated. Leonard hit 2 big free throws in the 4th quarter and had another opportunity to make 2 more, one rimmed out. Now Ginobilli also missed a free throw in the closing seconds that would have made it impossible for the Heat to come back. Is he no longer clutch, no longer deserving of the hall of fame?

Second, while those 3 are indeed hall of fame players, it can easily be argued that Leonard was the Spurs' second best player in that series. Ginobilli had one good game, the rest of the time he was a turnover machine who ended up being thanked by Heat fans for giving them the series. As for Parker, he had injury problems and wasn't as effective as normal.
Bulls fan in Mexico.
Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

Post#87 » by Chitownbulls » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:53 am

Marion could be an excellent addition. Give him the starting SF gig
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
antistrat
Pro Prospect
And1: 412

Post#88 » by antistrat » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:01 am

Ron Johnson wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
In that 6th game he hit two big free throws in the 4th quarter when the game was on the line, but since later he missed another one that rimmed out, he missed clutch free throws? Wow.

Out of everything I pointed out that's all you wanted to talk about?

Secondly spurs could take that shot with kawhi because he was surrounded by a hall of fame core that cover his weaknesses and youth and we don't have that kind of core which was the point of my post

I haven't been following this thread, so I just noticed that you replied to me. You're right I only replied to part of your post. However, I was correct in what I stated. Leonard hit 2 big free throws in the 4th quarter and had another opportunity to make 2 more, one rimmed out. Now Ginobilli also missed a free throw in the closing seconds that would have made it impossible for the Heat to come back. Is he no longer clutch, no longer deserving of the hall of fame?

Leonard's two free throw attempts at the end of the 4th quarter in Game 6 were his only free throw attempts of that quarter. So Kawhi Leonard is the guy who missed the free throw in the closing seconds, not Ginobili.

With 19 seconds left Kawhi missed the first and made the second. Instead of a 4 point lead, it was a 3 point lead.

Ginobili is the guy who made 3 of 4 before Leonard went to the stripe.
TheGameChanger
Bench Warmer
And1: 366

Post#89 » by TheGameChanger » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:38 am

Marion or Crawford would be great
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#90 » by samwana » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:54 am

I'd like to add CDR and Elton Brand (so he can finish where he started #loyalty)
Ron Johnson
Bench Warmer
And1: 172

Post#91 » by Ron Johnson » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:57 am

antistrat wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
weneeda2guard wrote:Out of everything I pointed out that's all you wanted to talk about?

Leonard's two free throw attempts at the end of the 4th quarter in Game 6 were his only free throw attempts of that quarter. So Kawhi Leonard is the guy who missed the free throw in the closing seconds, not Ginobili.

With 19 seconds left Kawhi missed the first and made the second. Instead of a 4 point lead, it was a 3 point lead.

And Ginobili missed a big free throw with about 30 seconds left that would have made Leonards miss irrelevant.
Bulls fan in Mexico.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#92 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:07 pm

If the bulls get Marion and add him to the big rotation, the bulls would have a roster that could looks like
a strong fantasy team

pg: rose, brooks, hinrich
wings: mirotic , butler, mcdermott, mdj ,snell
bigs: Noah, gasol, gibson, marion, bairstow

Considering marion is a combo foward he and mirotic could be flipped flopped.
Chitownbulls
General Manager
And1: 2,463

Post#93 » by Chitownbulls » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Marion in a #7 Bulls jersey would be really nice
DENG HE SUCKS!!!!
antistrat
Pro Prospect
And1: 412

Post#94 » by antistrat » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:42 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:
antistrat wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:

And Ginobili missed a big free throw with about 30 seconds left that would have made Leonards miss irrelevant.

It's not the same. Manu went to the line when the Spurs were only up 2, and after he made his 3 of 4 (2-2, 1-2), he put them up 5 points with 28 seconds left - giving them a win probability of about 98%. The yellow ropes started coming out and fans started exiting. So it's hard to say that Ginobili did anything wrong there. Sure, you'd like him to make all 4, but you can't really ask for more than a 98% chance to win with 28 seconds left on the road.

If Manu shot 50% from the line like Leonard - instead of 75% - the Heat would've won that game in regulation on Ray Allen's shot.

Ginobili's miss was not nearly as big as Leonard's.
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,729

Post#95 » by AirP. » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:19 pm

samwana wrote:I'd like to add CDR and Elton Brand (so he can finish where he started #loyalty)

And he was promptly traded after putting up 20/10 his first 2 seasons in the league. Loyalty huh?
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#96 » by Proven_Winner » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:04 pm

AirP. wrote:
samwana wrote:I'd like to add CDR and Elton Brand (so he can finish where he started #loyalty)

And he was promptly traded after putting up 20/10 his first 2 seasons in the league. Loyalty huh?

In their defense it was for 2 Chicagoans. Too bad they didn't do their homework and known Curry was a Harvey kid. :evil:
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#97 » by samwana » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:47 pm

AirP. wrote:

He let the FO know through his agent that he wouldn't sign an extension, so they tried to get as much as possible as soon as possible for him.
punkmodafunk
Pro Prospect
And1: 46

Post#98 » by punkmodafunk » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:41 pm

don't expect him to score. if he joins us, he'll be an important piece of our defense.

the idea of having mdj defending lebron\melo\george just kills a lot our chances ofbeing successfull !
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,386

Post#99 » by Hangtime84 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:48 pm

punkmodafunk wrote:don't expect him to score. if he joins us, he'll be an important piece of our defense.

the idea of having mdj defending lebron\melo\george just kills a lot our chances ofbeing successfull !

He used not having a Role on offense and scoring points. If we get Marion all 12 guys could be called on to play at any moment of the season. That's a coaches dream
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
punkmodafunk
Pro Prospect
And1: 46

Post#100 » by punkmodafunk » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:52 pm

Hangtime84 wrote:
punkmodafunk wrote:don't expect him to score. if he joins us, he'll be an important piece of our defense.

He used not having a Role on offense and scoring points. If we get Marion all 12 guys could be called on to play at any moment of the season. That's a coaches dream

Yeah I know... But people were talking about his offensive skills and his possible contribution...

I really hope he joins us.

I think he'd start over MDJ. I'd be ok with that 4 sure

Return to Chicago Bulls