Image ImageImage Image

The Bulls will win the title if.... X happens

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Re: The Bulls will win the title if.... X happens 

Post#81 » by logical_art » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:59 pm

1. Rose is Rose.
2. No major injuries
3. Butler and/or Snell take a big step forward this year
4. Mirotic and/or Mc3 become potent scorers (i.e. by the end of the year are regularly scoring in the mid to upper teens).
vvgotgame19
Starter
And1: 757

Post#82 » by vvgotgame19 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:15 pm

I think we have a lot of "ifs" but they're fairly reasonable to achieve. I'm not as optimistic as most, so I can't say I'm confident they'll all come together, but if they do I like our chances if:

1. Rose is healthy and can return to form sometime before the playoffs.
2. Gasol has a resurgence and stays healthy
3. McDougie is good enough to be a 3rd banana. He's gotta be able to stroke 3's, score off screens, take a dribble or 2 and be able to shoot, be able to post smaller guys. This is the biggest if IMO.
4. Butler can't be a negative offensive player. I don't think he has to be spectacular, but he HAS to hit his shots when open, cut off screens and run the floor with Rose and be able to finish. Hopefully playing alongside Rose and Gasol will automatically allow him to do these things.
5. Noah & Taj both can improve slightly or at minimum replicate their production last season. Taj becoming a bit smarter when doubled/posting up in general and Noah's shot looked good last season I'd like for him to improve upon that and just shoot it when he's open without hesitation. Obviously I wouldn't want him to be looking to get his shot off all the time, but if he's left open just shoot it. I'd also like to see him improve his driving lay ups a bit too. He's somewhat decent at it now, but if it was a little more reliable he could be a pretty decent offensive player.
6. Snell has to be a rotational NBA player. I don't think it's crucial he breaks out, but he's gotta at least show he can play in the NBA. Signs of potential would be great.
7. Thib's is able to keep minutes down in the regular season and keep guys fresh for the playoffs.

Those things happen and we're legit contenders. However even if those things happen I still think Cleveland will be tough and if we were to make it to the finals OKC would be tough. The good things however is outside of Cleveland the East is really weak and outside of OKC, I like our match ups against the other west teams. SAS looked great in the finals, but they're another year older and our D is a lot more disciplined than MIAs. It would be a tough series for sure, but they don't scare me like KD & Westbrook with Ibaka protecting the rim.
molepharmer
Head Coach
And1: 1,130

Post#83 » by molepharmer » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:04 pm

Assuming everybody stays healthy, I think by the time the playoffs roll around, this years Bulls will be better than the 62 win Bulls of '10-11; better enough to win the Championship.

If Rose is MVP caliber, nobody in the West scares me. If he's not, then a couple of either McD, Butler, Snell or Mirotic need to become significant contributors on offense. But that is part of the appeal of this Bulls team. They have a few players who have shown at times (albeit not in the NBA) that they could give the needed boost to win a Championship.
TGibson (1/28/17); "..."a 4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for drama"...What's the worst? "...yelling matches with Thibs, everybody is just going crazy and I'm just sitting there...like, 'Don't call my name please..."
Hardfoul
Junior
And1: 65

Post#84 » by Hardfoul » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:58 pm

vvgotgame19 wrote:I think we have a lot of "ifs" but they're fairly reasonable to achieve. I'm not as optimistic as most, so I can't say I'm confident they'll all come together, but if they do I like our chances if:

1. Rose is healthy and can return to form sometime before the playoffs.
2. Gasol has a resurgence and stays healthy
3. McDougie is good enough to be a 3rd banana. He's gotta be able to stroke 3's, score off screens, take a dribble or 2 and be able to shoot, be able to post smaller guys. This is the biggest if IMO.
4. Butler can't be a negative offensive player. I don't think he has to be spectacular, but he HAS to hit his shots when open, cut off screens and run the floor with Rose and be able to finish. Hopefully playing alongside Rose and Gasol will automatically allow him to do these things.
5. Noah & Taj both can improve slightly or at minimum replicate their production last season. Taj becoming a bit smarter when doubled/posting up in general and Noah's shot looked good last season I'd like for him to improve upon that and just shoot it when he's open without hesitation. Obviously I wouldn't want him to be looking to get his shot off all the time, but if he's left open just shoot it. I'd also like to see him improve his driving lay ups a bit too. He's somewhat decent at it now, but if it was a little more reliable he could be a pretty decent offensive player.
6. Snell has to be a rotational NBA player. I don't think it's crucial he breaks out, but he's gotta at least show he can play in the NBA. Signs of potential would be great.
7. Thib's is able to keep minutes down in the regular season and keep guys fresh for the playoffs.

Those things happen and we're legit contenders. However even if those things happen I still think Cleveland will be tough and if we were to make it to the finals OKC would be tough. The good things however is outside of Cleveland the East is really weak and outside of OKC, I like our match ups against the other west teams. SAS looked great in the finals, but they're another year older and our D is a lot more disciplined than MIAs. It would be a tough series for sure, but they don't scare me like KD & Westbrook with Ibaka protecting the rim.

I like your list, as for 6, my add would be either Snell or Mirotic has to be a solid rotational NBA player. If it is Mirotic, it will provide flexibility to flip Taj at trade deadline for a wing. If it is Snell, we are set. We seriously need 2 of Mirotic, McDirty and Snell to be meaningful contributors, otherwise we will not have the depth and balance that everyone assumes that we have.
warmonger
Sophomore
And1: 61

Post#85 » by warmonger » Fri Aug 1, 2014 3:12 am

1,Rose needs to be back to playing at an MVP level.

2,McDermott must start AND be the second option. That may be expecting too much from a rookie, but he is the only player on the roster outside of Rose that has the potential and skill set to excel in that role. If he can't fulfill that role that means they have no legit second option and no chance at a title.

3,Cleveland doesn't land Love. I don't see Cleveland beating the Bulls unless they trade for Love or some other impact player. I still see the Wizards beating the Bulls in a playoff series if they meet again, if the Bulls have no second option.
"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one most adaptable to change".

Charles Darwin
WICKED17
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#86 » by WICKED17 » Fri Aug 1, 2014 6:06 am

To O.P.`s question.

If Melo forces a trade by this years deadline, for say... Gasol, Mirotic, MDJ, 1.7 M scrub filler, 1st

OR less likely... team talent / fit wise, yet a legit chance via Love trade.

OR non pipe dreamish, though even more less likely talent / fit wise yet still legit. MDJ, .915 vet min for JR Smith. Or MDJ, 2 yr vet min @ 1.228 M for K-MART.

Edit. My bad just now read the entire OP post.

1.Gasol would need to play as well as he ever has. With high 2nd option volume.

2.Atleast 1 wing would have to play and create their own better then they ever have.

3.And lastly 75% of our other rotation players would need to bring their A game through out the Finals series.

A tall order, so in the end im not feelin it.

Return to Chicago Bulls