Image ImageImage Image

Rose still expected to play tonight per Marc Stein

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Jahensle
Veteran
And1: 363

Re: Rose still expected to play tonight per Marc Stein 

Post#21 » by Jahensle » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:44 pm

RememberLu wrote:I'm not interested in watching this team at all unless Derrick plays

Same, I sort of hope he doesn't play so I can get some work done lol. But really, I hope he plays :banghead:
kuly1990
Veteran
And1: 441

Post#22 » by kuly1990 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:03 pm

he isnt playing, so i wont watch, goodnight
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,479

Post#23 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:09 pm

HE ISNT PLAYING WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,395

Post#24 » by TheGOATRises007 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:09 pm

He underwent treatment? :(
Ralphb07
RealGM
And1: 5,955

Post#25 » by Ralphb07 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:15 pm

This is what Thibs needs to do in the regular season. Don't force things and when the knee is acting up give him a rest. The guy hasn't played for 2 years, he will have days that he feels sore.
AshyLarrysDiaper
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 7,484

Post#26 » by AshyLarrysDiaper » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:18 pm

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXHXUgXG1tM[/youtube]
Contribute to the "Fire GarPax" billboard here:
https://www.gofundme.com/3v7fc-let-our-voices-be-heard-firegarpax
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#27 » by Payt10 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:41 pm

Ralphb07 wrote:This is what Thibs needs to do in the regular season. Don't force things and when the knee is acting up give him a rest. The guy hasn't played for 2 years, he will have days that he feels sore.

I have zero issues with Thibs holding him out of games for rest, whether its for the knee or just in general. I also have no issues if he wants to do that with any of our players. This team has the depth to handle it.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
the ultimates
Analyst
And1: 1,615

Post#28 » by the ultimates » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:30 am

The chicken littles on this board are going to have a field day with this but I don't have problem with him sitting out. The Thunder did a similar thing with Westbrook when he came back. Heck I look at Adrian Peterson he hasn't had pre-season carry in like what 4-5 seasons and that was well instituted way before he had the knee injury.
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#29 » by GimmeDat » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:33 am

Would've been nice to see him play, pity he's sitting out, but whatever's best for him. No cause for alarm.
kdapiton
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#30 » by kdapiton » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:34 am

Marc Stein

we go jim
RastaBull
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,599

Post#31 » by RastaBull » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:34 am

I don't have a problem with him sitting out...as long as it means he plays Friday!!! I just bought tickets on a prayer he'd be there!!!!!!
Doctor Drain wrote:Can a butterfly sing?
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,537

Post#32 » by Ice Man » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:30 am

the ultimates wrote:The Thunder did a similar thing with Westbrook when he came back. Heck I look at Adrian Peterson he hasn't had pre-season carry in like what 4-5 seasons and that was well instituted way before he had the knee injury.

None of this makes a lick of sense. Westbrook was coming back on schedule. Derrick is 9 months after a 4-6 month operation. As for Peterson, well he wouldn't be playing a pre-season world tournament, would he? The whole point of this USA team is for Derrick to play. After all, if the plan was to skip it to protect his knee, then he would skip it to protect his knee.

It may not be reason for panic but your argument does not offer comfort.
the ultimates
Analyst
And1: 1,615

Post#33 » by the ultimates » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:03 am

Ice Man wrote:
the ultimates wrote:The Thunder did a similar thing with Westbrook when he came back. Heck I look at Adrian Peterson he hasn't had pre-season carry in like what 4-5 seasons and that was well instituted way before he had the knee injury.

None of this makes a lick of sense. Westbrook was coming back on schedule. Derrick is 9 months after a 4-6 month operation. As for Peterson, well he wouldn't be playing a pre-season world tournament, would he? The whole point of this USA team is for Derrick to play. After all, if the plan was to skip it to protect his knee, then he would skip it to protect his knee.

It may not be reason for panic but your argument does not offer comfort.

Westbrook had three surgeries on that same knee in less than a years time. How much different is a pre-season world tournament with a training camp in basketball compared to training camp and pre-season games in football? Yes football will limit snaps for their starters but nobody who plays isn't going 100 percent. Look at baseball with pitchers coming off arm injuries they look to get those guys extra rest and at times limit pitches which in Rose's case would be limiting minutes. They ease them back into it. Why can't people let Derrick do the same?
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#34 » by bearadonisdna » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:08 am

I think this is why people gone bipolar with derrick
In the shortened offseason there was craziness like this.
Will he ? Wont he? He will. He wont.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,332

Post#35 » by fleet » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:30 am

Normally, news deserves its own thread, but this was speculation that could have gone in any number of existing threads.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.

Return to Chicago Bulls