Image ImageImage Image

OT: Jordan Does Ice Bucket Challenge

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Shill
RealGM
And1: 5,928

Re: OT: Jordan Does Ice Bucket Challenge 

Post#21 » by Shill » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:13 pm

rtblues wrote:Good cause... Idiotic trend.
Just donate, preferably anonymously, instead of this "planking-type", self-serving, fad-of-the-moment crap.

It's pretty embarrassing. What a pity that good causes need to revert to this lowest common denominator crap to
garner interest and donations.

Most of the celebs partaking are in it for the cheap publicity it buys them anyway.
One music performer timed his donation and ice-bucket video to coincide exactly with the release of their new CD.
:banghead:

The point of the ice bucket challenge is to raise awareness.

Last year the ALSA raised $1.9 million between July 29th and August 20th.

This year they've raised $31.5 million.

Idiotic or not, it's working.
Scottie Pippen's response to whom he would pick for his running mate, Michael or LeBron: "That's a dumbass question. I've never done anything with LeBron. I wouldn't take LeBron to the movies."
TruthSerum
Rookie
And1: 274

Post#22 » by TruthSerum » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:20 pm

Back before this global cooling cycle I used to dump ice water over my head to challenge heat stroke. Good thing we defeated global warming the 90's were crazy as hell.
51st pick vs. 11th pick
DRose4MVP
General Manager
And1: 214

Post#23 » by DRose4MVP » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:18 am

Trm3 wrote:
otwok wrote:I see this Ice Bucket thing a lot. I don't understand. So you either do the bucket challenge Or donate? So people who are doing the challenge aren't donating? Why not just donate money?

Most are donating as well.

Bologna. Most are posting videos on Youtube and Facebook for attention and have no idea that the ice bucket challenge is even for ALS. It's pathetic what people will do for attention these days. Pete Frates started a great thing and of course the attention seeking morons went and turned it into a way for them to get attention.
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/r_shinn
bennjuiced34
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,009

Post#24 » by bennjuiced34 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:46 am

DRose4MVP wrote:
Trm3 wrote:
otwok wrote:I see this Ice Bucket thing a lot. I don't understand. So you either do the bucket challenge Or donate? So people who are doing the challenge aren't donating? Why not just donate money?

Bologna. Most are posting videos on Youtube and Facebook for attention and have no idea that the ice bucket challenge is even for ALS. It's pathetic what people will do for attention these days. Pete Frates started a great thing and of course the attention seeking morons went and turned it into a way for them to get attention.

I don't find it surprising at all that a lot people are doing it for popularity and attention. It happens with everything that goes viral or becomes popular.

People acting like idiots shouldn't take away from this challenge being for a good cause. It's helped to raise awareness and donations are up, what like 3000%? That's awesome.
Magilla_Gorilla
RealGM
And1: 4,451

Post#25 » by Magilla_Gorilla » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Foo Fighters took it to another level - as is their way...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLZOjLv0_6k[/youtube]
Sham - Y U NO sell me a t-shirt? Best OB/GYN Houston
DRoseCantStop
RealGM
And1: 3,371

Post#26 » by DRoseCantStop » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:35 pm

joshcxa wrote:Charlie Sheen's so far is the GOAT that I've seen.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qat9gR5nrpM[/youtube]

Sheen owned it.

It's over.
Trm3
Assistant Coach
And1: 772

Post#27 » by Trm3 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:15 pm

DRose4MVP wrote:
Trm3 wrote:

Sorry, I should have clarified what I was saying..the athletes and celebrities are doing the challenge and donating. The average Joe is just doing it to be a apart of it..I chose to donate, I donated what I could.
andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#28 » by andrewww » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:57 pm

Jordan did it as Beckham nominated him, Magic Johnson, and Leonardo DiCaprio to do it.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,586

Post#29 » by Ice Man » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:08 pm

Shill wrote:Idiotic or not, it's working.

I just got challenged, so add $100 to that total. I don't mind this campaign. Trouble is, there will be dozens of copycat campaigns. I'm gonna get tired of being asked to be videoed doing stupid things.
AKfanatic
RealGM
And1: 10,068

Post#30 » by AKfanatic » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:13 pm

Corey Griffin, one of the men (if not the man) behind the challenge died in a diving accident.

R.I.P to a man that helped bring a lot of awareness and charitable donations to a good cause.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/als-ice-bucket-challenge-cofounder-corey-griffin-drowns-aged-27-9681129.html
Land Rover
Senior
And1: 264

Post#31 » by Land Rover » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:14 pm

I lost a friend to this disease 7 years ago, its horrible, he was only 29 when he was diagnosed and died within a year and a half. Glad people are donating money to help find a cure.

Return to Chicago Bulls