Image ImageImage Image

Who gets traded on Bulls this year?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Bull most likely to be traded this season?

Nobody
26%
Jimmy
8%
Taj
26%
Dunleavy
33%
Mirotic
No votes
McDermott
1%
Snell
5%
Other
1%

Total votes: 110

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,651

Who gets traded on Bulls this year? 

Post#1 » by sco » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:20 pm

This isn't who do you want to get traded. Obviously, more than one guy could get traded or nobody could get traded, but the question is who do you think is the most likely Bull to be traded? Explain why?

I omitted Rose, Noah, Pau, Kirk, Brooks but you could include them as your other and say why.
:clap:
HearshotKDS
Sixth Man
And1: 885

Re: Who gets traded on Bulls this year? 

Post#2 » by HearshotKDS » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:25 pm

My gut tells me noone.

If I have to pick someone, I'd say Dunleavy, because the homer in me wants to believe that great showings from Snell, McDermott, and Jimmy during the season make him redundant. I don't know what we would get for him, but I feel like if he did get traded it's because a whole lot of other things went right. And I need that. I really do.
bullsRlife
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,845

Post#3 » by bullsRlife » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:26 pm

Voted nobody, because the Bulls will expect Lebron James and picks for any of our guys.

There isn't a must have FA next year, so I don't see the Bulls trading pieces away for nothing, and trying to make space, and I don't think the Bulls are smart enough to cut ties with Jimmy, before he gets overpaid on the open market, and they get blind sided again.

Just watch, they'll hold onto Jimmy as long as possible, and tell the fan base they were surprised that the Phoenix Suns offered him such a nice contract, and couldn't do anything about it.

And Jimmy's not going to take a discount on his first sizable contract.
poolshark52
Pro Prospect
And1: 472

Post#4 » by poolshark52 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:26 pm

Dunleavy is the easy pick, but I think with our logjam at the 4 Taj gets moved so Nico can get some minutes.
Nwaba daba doo!
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#5 » by weneeda2guard » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:43 pm

Bulls names will be in a million rumors

But we all know they not going to do anything risky. Anything they do will be conservative and safe.

I expect us to once again fall in love with regular seasons win, hear the common sayings, we have enough, we like our core, we like our chemistry, we will let another trade deadline pass and we still won't Do nothing even when our weaknesses are clear then we will be exposed in the playoffs again. Same Ole same ole
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Dajody10
Senior
And1: 264

Post#6 » by Dajody10 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:45 pm

Traded? The Bulls? Comon now, we all know the Bulls don't believe in trades - we love our core, even if it means we're three deep at every position with the exception of SG where we have one unproven player in Tony Snell.

Any intelligent basketball mind would realize that we have an excess of depth in the front court (C / PF / SF) and at Point Guard (Rose, Hinrich and Brooks), which would allow us to move the excess parts to fill a five year and running need at SG.
Dajody10
Senior
And1: 264

Post#7 » by Dajody10 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:48 pm

weneeda2guard wrote:Bulls names will be in a million rumors

But we all know they not going to do anything risky. Anything they do will be conservative and safe.

I expect us to once again fall in love with regular seasons win, hear the common sayings, we have enough, we like our core, we like our chemistry, we will let another trade deadline pass and we still won't Do nothing even when our weaknesses are clear then we will be exposed in the playoffs again. Same Ole same ole

Agreed 10x! :banghead:
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,715

Post#8 » by Ctownbulls » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:52 pm

If no injury to Rose - Dunleavy

If injury to Rose - Pau
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,335

Post#9 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:58 pm

Dunleavy and a future 1st for Alec Burks.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#10 » by League Circles » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Top candidates are probably in no particular order:

Dunleavy
McD
Butler
Taj

I think Noah, Gasol, Rose and Mirotic are pretty safe.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,264

Post#11 » by kodo » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:08 pm

I don't believe the FO will make a major trade, so Dunleavy if anyone.

I think Brooks & Hinrich will get a lot of PT and the management will live with the wing situation as we usually do.
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#12 » by pylb » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:10 pm

I'm assuming Rose is fine, otherwise I have no idea. I'd expect everyone but McD and Mirotic to be on the block if Rose got injured.

Jimmy seems sort of likely when you consider his extension is coming up, but I think we'll hang on to him for the playoffs, at the risk of losing him like we did Asik.
Taj looks like the odd man out on our front court. Not the star (Noah). Not the shiny new addition (Gasol). Not the intriguing rookie (Mirotic). His contract is OK. I think Thibs likes him too much, and his defense is too valuable for him to be traded though (because otherwise we'd only have Noah as a good defensive big).
I think our FO likes Dunleavy and he's good value and a solid contributor for a contender. Could be traded but brings a valuable skillset and a "veteran presence" in the locker room.
I don't see Mirotic or McD getting traded. If they show promise we'll keep them, because promising rookies are extremely valuable to a contender. If they don't, it'll be too early to tell if it was just rookie struggles. Too early for a trade of these guys.

So I picked Snell. I like him, I have hope for him, I thought he was better than his numbers showed last year; but there's a very good chance that I'm wrong and he's useless. If so I expect us to swap him for either another disappointing youngster, like we did with Teague/Toko, or for a disgruntled vet wishing to join a contender.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#13 » by Hangtime84 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:14 pm

I voted Nobody

Board wants:
MJD
Bulter
Taj
Gasol

I expect to be in that order for votes

I like the bulls concept right now of not rocking the boat and make marginal improvements each year. I was extremely impressed they even considered taking a step back before taking a step forward this year.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,309

Post#14 » by coldfish » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:19 pm

I voted no one. If someone is, I think Butler is probably the most likely due to his contract situation.

For those who want trades: Who is potentially available that would be a real upgrade to the team? I personally see no one at this point. I would see the trade package as:
One of: Mirotic, Gibson or Gasol (unlikely Gasol)
+
One of: Butler or Snell
+
One of: Sac pick or Bulls pick
+
If needed for filler: Dunleavey

So, what can the Bulls get for Gibson, Butler and the sac pick?
bullsRlife
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,845

Post#15 » by bullsRlife » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Why is everyone high on trading our only proven 3 pt. threat that only has 1 year left on his contract? He's not gonna fetch us anything. If anyone has to go, it's Jimmy. The guy can get us something decent, and he's up for a new contract.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,846

Post#16 » by Ben » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:39 pm

coldfish wrote:I voted no one. If someone is, I think Butler is probably the most likely due to his contract situation.

For those who want trades: Who is potentially available that would be a real upgrade to the team? I personally see no one at this point. I would see the trade package as:
One of: Mirotic, Gibson or Gasol (unlikely Gasol)
+
One of: Butler or Snell
+
One of: Sac pick or Bulls pick
+
If needed for filler: Dunleavey

So, what can the Bulls get for Gibson, Butler and the sac pick?

Kevin Love, before Lebron decided to come back to Cleveland.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,651

Post#17 » by sco » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:45 pm

I voted for Jimmy. Really depends on whether he shows a return to form on his offense and what kinda money he's looking for. Also depends on development of Snell and McDermott this year. If the Bulls can turn these two into real contributors, they may not want to pay Jimmy starter $ and then Deng him.
:clap:
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#18 » by 6_Rings » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:46 pm

Dunleavy has a lot of interest in the league. he'll be the first one out if McBuckets lives up to expectations.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
2015nbachamps
Banned User
And1: 124

Post#19 » by 2015nbachamps » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:57 pm

The most valuable tradeable commodities:

1. Noah
2. mcderm (needs to show his game translates to stay here)
3. Butler
4. Rose (if he shows he is healthy and good again)
5. Taj
6. Dunleavy
7. Gasol(title chasing team going all in this year and can move way up list if that team presents itself at just the right time)
8. Mirotic (can move way up if he is good)

So in my mind it depends on what is coming back...if we can get Durant?? And they will take Noah and Rose? Done!!! For melo? I would trade Rose in a heartbeat but not include Noah. Then these trade open up the door for more trade to fill up new holes created.

But the obvious trades are Jimmy butler before we need to resign him cuz its been reported he may be loking at 8 million plus. And also Taj. Gasol makes Noah expendable if a really good wing is available at a discount.

I would love to pull off Hinrich, Dunleavy, Snell, and a #1 pick for afflalo and Nate Robinson. So long as Rose is healthy its pretty much the best trade we can make.

Rose/Nate/brooks
Afflalo/Jimmy/rose
Mcderm/jimmy
Gasol/taj/mirotic
Noah/baistrow/Gasol

This team should be top 3 offensively and top 3 defensively.
Hummm
Senior
And1: 24

Post#20 » by Hummm » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:13 pm

I went with other. I don’t expect a trade unless it will be a consolidation trade. If that happens then a couple of the players listed will go and that will depend on the player coming in and the needs of the trading partner. Thus I voted other.

Return to Chicago Bulls