Image ImageImage Image

Carlos Delfino an Option?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,898

Re: Carlos Delfino an Option? 

Post#41 » by biggestbullsfan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:51 pm

People forget we signed Greg Smith last year when he was hurt with the intention of keeping him before we had to make cap space. And he was hurt.

Hurt now, doesnt mean career is over lol
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,335

Post#42 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:24 pm

biggestbullsfan wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
biggestbullsfan wrote:He is curently out hurt but he is a Free Agent. Just got cut by the Clippers.

Min contract for the year. Add some depth at the wing spot.

Reminds me of Mike Miller, but I think he would be good for the end of the bench. He can play but also isnt a need. Could be injury security come playoff time.

Thoughts? We could do much worse with the 13th man.

Isn't he hurt/injured ?

Yea but he is suppose to be good to go mid season or sooner.

Not out all year. Plus its the min. I dont know what people are expecting to get.

And to those asking for an athletic shot creator for the min? Name someone, anyone lol

Whatever I was only asking if he was hurt.

I never said I wouldn't consider it a good signing. I like Delfino.

Beasley, Crawford, Brooks, CDR....there I named 4.
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Post#43 » by Benedict Miller » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:35 pm

Why Delfino? We have Dunleavy jr. already. How many more below average athletes at the wing do we need?
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#44 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:53 pm

Benedict Miller wrote:Why Delfino? We have Dunleavy jr. already. How many more below average athletes at the wing do we need?

Depth only. I don't think he would ever play. Stock up on as many shooters as possible in case there's a team wide ice cold epidemic.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#45 » by Proven_Winner » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:09 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
Benedict Miller wrote:Why Delfino? We have Dunleavy jr. already. How many more below average athletes at the wing do we need?

Depth only. I don't think he would ever play. Stock up on as many shooters as possible in case there's a team wide ice cold epidemic.

He would be the Mike Miller of this team.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#46 » by Proven_Winner » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:33 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:

Since we are pointing out guys Johnny what about Wayne Ellington who will probably be waived by Sacto?

Young, sneaky athletic, 6'4 SG, who is a sniper from 3.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#47 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:43 pm

Proven_Winner wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:

Since we are pointing out guys Johnny what about Wayne Ellington who will probably be waived by Sacto?

I love UNC. Tar Heels are always welcome.

I've always liked Wayne. There was a time I thought he was going to be better than his BFF Gerald.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#48 » by Proven_Winner » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:08 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:

I've always liked Wayne. There was a time I thought he was going to be better than his BFF Gerald.

I wonder why he wasn't used much last year though. But if Sacto really releases him I hope we jump on that quick because either him or Crawford and Maybe CDR are the only guys left who I think could even get minutes on this team.

Side note I'm really starting to like CDR I guess because watching his youtube series really made me feel like he was the perfect Bulls guy. All he does is work and keep working.
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#49 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:11 pm

Proven_Winner wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:

I wonder why he wasn't used much last year though. But if Sacto really releases him I hope we jump on that quick because either him or Crawford and Maybe CDR are the only guys left who I think could even get minutes on this team.

Side note I'm really starting to like CDR I guess because watching his youtube series really made me feel like he was the perfect Bulls guy. All he does is work and keep working.

Yeah I wouldn't mind CDR either.

But then again there's always Rip. Just kidding I hate Rip.

A few guys I would be ok kicking the tires on.

Dominique Jones
Jared Cunningham
Doron Lamb

Chris Singleton.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#50 » by Proven_Winner » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:59 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:

Dominique Jones
Jared Cunningham
Doron Lamb

Chris Singleton.

Jesus please tell me you didn't say Doron. I'm a UK fan, but I just really don't like Doron's game. He and Teague are the 2 failed guys from that UK team.

Don't know much about the other three guys other than I know Jones use to be a Maverick, Cunningham is a high-flyer I think, and Singleton played for the Wiz. What about them makes you want them on this team?
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM

Post#51 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:33 pm

Proven_Winner wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:

Dominique Jones
Jared Cunningham
Doron Lamb

Chris Singleton.

Jesus please tell me you didn't say Doron. I'm a UK fan, but I just really don't like Doron's game. He and Teague are the 2 failed guys from that UK team.

Don't know much about the other three guys other than I know Jones use to be a Maverick, Cunningham is a high-flyer I think, and Singleton played for the Wiz. What about them makes you want them on this team?

I don't hold what guys do at Kentucky against them. Calipari in my opinion is a terrible coach.

Lamb is still a baby at 22 and he can shoot the long ball. I wouldn't mind him here to see if our staff and environment could coach him up so to speak. Lamb also ran the point at UK so there some versatility there.

Cunningham and Singleton were both very good defenders in college. Both are young enough to get better, coached up a bit or worse case scenario they harass the **** out of our other players in practice.
IcemanGervin
Veteran
And1: 1,535

Post#52 » by IcemanGervin » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:51 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:Let's go get SuperCoolBeas.

yes.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#53 » by Proven_Winner » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:13 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:
Proven_Winner wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:

Dominique Jones
Jared Cunningham
Doron Lamb

Chris Singleton.

I don't hold what guys do at Kentucky against them. Calipari in my opinion is a terrible coach.

Lamb is still a baby at 22 and he can shoot the long ball. I wouldn't mind him here to see if our staff and environment could coach him up so to speak. Lamb also ran the point at UK so there some versatility there.

Cunningham and Singleton were both very good defenders in college. Both are young enough to get better, coached up a bit or worse case scenario they harass the **** out of our other players in practice.

Yea he's still young and he can get better I just particularly don't like his game and yes I'm not a huge fan of Calipari. But in his defense his teams are usually mega stacked with young talent and it's pretty hard to control all of them or get them all an opportunity to shine. I mean look at their team this year.

Karl Towns
Dakari Johnson
WCS Jr.
Marcus Lee
Trey Lyles
Devin Booker
Myles Turner
Tyler Ulis
Montaque Gill-Caesar
Harrison Twins

Half that list is big men how the heck is he going to play all of them unless he starts playing these 6-10 guys at SF.

Return to Chicago Bulls