Image ImageImage Image

OT: Super Bowl Predictions?

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

BR0D1E86
RealGM
And1: 2,292

Re: OT: Super Bowl Predictions? 

Post#61 » by BR0D1E86 » Wed Sep 3, 2014 1:40 am

da pmp wrote:
BR0D1E86 wrote:
da pmp wrote:Either Pittsburgh/NE vs Seattle/Giants. Denver ain't winning another SB with Manning. I see St Louis making some noise with a top 3 defense.

I don't expect anything out of the Rams with their offense, and I expect the Giants to win 6 or 7 games. Don't see the Steelers as a legitimate contender either.

The steelers are legit.

I think they're a legit 8 win team.
GRADEN
Head Coach
And1: 148

Post#62 » by GRADEN » Wed Sep 3, 2014 8:36 pm

Not sure how to rate Pitt.... Another team that will be in every matchup and could swing 7-9 to say 11-5 depending on late game situations I'd say.

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#63 » by GRADEN » Wed Sep 3, 2014 8:39 pm

Anyone here think the saints could break the scoring record this year? I'm tempted to say they will be close... Colston-cooks-Jimmy-Brees is crazy to defend

Zane
Senior
And1: 80

Post#64 » by Zane » Sun Sep 7, 2014 10:29 pm

Trm3 wrote:
Zane wrote:The Panthers went 12-4 last year, I don't see them dropping all the way to the bottom of the division. They could lose it to the Saints, but I doubt it. My super bowl pick, right now, would also be Broncos and Seahawks again. I could see the Panthers and Seahawks meeting and the Colts/Broncos meeting in the conference finals.

Sorry to say but the Panthers will not be good this year..they have no receivers and 8 runningbacks. Tampa will be better than them, the Saints are tops in that division, and Atlanta was not as bad as their record showed last year..and they'll be better than the Panthers. Panthers will come in last place.

I guess we'll see. They look good without Cam right now.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#65 » by GRADEN » Mon Sep 8, 2014 3:37 pm

Long season ahead but I'd be worried if a patriots fan... Didn't seem like they fixed the receiving core at all.... And Moreno looked like the steal of the off season in that game... He won that game for them by controlling the clock, second effort TD, and being an absolute workhorse. He was a beast.

Bears started so well, but those turnovers cost us a win against a team we played down to. This was a must with a tough game ahead of us. I don't think Shea is positioned well... Seems more the 3-4 rush LB. Bostic needs to be DJ Williams shadow this season bc if not there is little future with us if he can't be trusted ahead of Shea in a more natural scheme. I really was impressed with Willie though! Guy looked quick and hungry for the ball... Looks like a big year ahead of him in that 45tkl 9sack 2ff type of season...

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#66 » by GRADEN » Mon Sep 8, 2014 3:38 pm

Also 34pts for saints in opener... I expect them to avg 37-38 all year. Cooks is ridiculous

GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#67 » by GRADEN » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:30 pm

2 games in.... Gutsy packers / bears wins this week... Very entertaining games

Giants look awful and guys are getting hurt... Would they draft a Winston / Mariotta if in top 2? Eli has to be around 34....

drbg43
Pro Prospect
And1: 352

Post#68 » by drbg43 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:33 pm

There's probably a 60% chance of a Seatle/Denver rematch.
Thanks to the one and only BullsFan88 for the sig
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#69 » by GRADEN » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:45 pm

I'd take the action that won't happen just based on odds / matchups / health / overall circumstances.... Anyone can beat anyone in the NFL. I still think the Pack are too "ready" to be at the front of the line by seasons end.

DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,582

Post#70 » by DuckIII » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:07 am

drbg43 wrote:There's probably a 60% chance of a Seatle/Denver rematch.

I can't remember ever thinking the Super Bowl would be a rematch. But ignoring how unlikely it is to happen, statistically speaking, those are the two teams I'd pick again. I'd be dishonest with myself if I didn't have them as the respective conference champs.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
pduh01
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,562

Post#71 » by pduh01 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:07 am

My superbowl prediction well I'm bias so I predict 49ers Vs Broncos or Patriots in the Superbowl.
Check out my blogs
http://nbaanalytical.blogspot.com/ <-------NBA Analytical

Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/phillip93
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,520

Post#72 » by Profound23 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:36 pm

I would love nothing more than the Packers to beat the Seahawks in the NFC Title game and Broncos in the SB.

However the Packers offensive line and defense will not allow this to happen. I pick:

Broncos over San Fran
Lexluthor
Rookie
And1: 405

Post#73 » by Lexluthor » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:05 pm

I just don't see anybody beating the Seahawks if they get home field advantage
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#74 » by GRADEN » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:47 pm

Gotta give my 2 cents on something...

It is likely peanut is done as a bear and likely the end of his HOF career.... We could not have had a better human being representing Chicago.... A community man, excellent player, and outstanding family man to his wife and 3 kids. Look at the numbers very closely and u will see 1 insane stat: that he forced a turnover opportunity (int/ff) in EXACTLY half of his regular season games.... Question is, has anyone ever accomplished this before? Ronnie Lott? Champ? Sharper? Reed? I doubt it.... Truly peanut u r one of the best of all time!

dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,737

Post#75 » by dougthonus » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:52 pm

GRADEN wrote:Gotta give my 2 cents on something...

It is likely peanut is done as a bear and likely the end of his HOF career.... We could not have had a better human being representing Chicago.... A community man, excellent player, and outstanding family man to his wife and 3 kids. Look at the numbers very closely and u will see 1 insane stat: that he forced a turnover opportunity (int/ff) in EXACTLY half of his regular season games.... Question is, has anyone ever accomplished this before? Ronnie Lott? Champ? Sharper? Reed? I doubt it.... Truly peanut u r one of the best of all time!

He's actually 7th all time in most forced fumbles at least in terms of as far as I could find a site that goes back with data (at least until 83) though it wasn't an official NFL statistic until 91. That's pretty ridiculous. Charles Woodson was the next highest CB with 32. Pretty much everyone else in his area was a LB or DE who was getting sacks on quarterbacks who are in position to fumble far more frequently.

Getting 41 fumbles forced on guys carrying the ball is completely ridiculous. One of the more impressive feats I've seen for a guy who's career wasn't that heralded really.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#76 » by GRADEN » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:26 am

Yo Doug... Long time my friend hope all is well....

156 reg season games and 78 FF / INT combo... Exactly half... I'll see if I can find someone with combined more...

Hof stats though... Has to be right?

dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,737

Post#77 » by dougthonus » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:02 am

GRADEN wrote:Yo Doug... Long time my friend hope all is well....

156 reg season games and 78 FF / INT combo... Exactly half... I'll see if I can find someone with combined more...

Hof stats though... Has to be right?

Found a couple guys with higher totals (Charles Woodson and Rod Woodson) but both played considerably more games and neither had the 50% ratio that Tillman had. Haven't found a good way to query the data to see if there are any other guys with high totals and his ratio, but none of the other guys I looked at with high totals hit his ratio.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#78 » by GRADEN » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:19 am

Yea I found Woodson right away but can't find nor will find the combo considering the stat track is fairly new in terms of FF... Have to imagine some of the steel curtain members would be up there perhaps.

50% of games.... Just wow. Can't say it / type it enough. His thoughts on fuller (article out today) are amazing btw.... Thinks he will be amazing

Hans Embiid
Banned User
And1: 1,217

Post#79 » by Hans Embiid » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:41 pm

GRADEN wrote:2 games in.... Gutsy packers / bears wins this week... Very entertaining games

Giants look awful and guys are getting hurt... Would they draft a Winston / Mariotta if in top 2? Eli has to be around 34....

Mariota looks like a beast. I will take him over Jameis.

Bears better draft a Corner and address the O-line.
GRADEN
Head Coach

Post#80 » by GRADEN » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:05 pm

The line looks great with bush rod - Slauson - BDLP - long - mills already set for next year... We need to figure out our linebackers ASAP and solidify a starting safety duo. The nickel could be had in rounds 2-4 with Jennings / fuller good and stout

Return to Chicago Bulls