Image ImageImage Image

What numbers do you predict from The Drain Duo? -POLL ADDED

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Shouldn't we call them The Drain Duo?

Drain Duo FTW
8%
Other, but Drain Duo does not offend you
12%
Bad idea. Have mercy on my soul
80%

Total votes: 50

DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,607

Re: What numbers do you predict from The Drain Duo? 

Post#21 » by DuckIII » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:39 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
Ben wrote:Drain Duo is the most godawful and forced nickname I have seen in a loooong time. I decline to participate in any thought experiment with that as its basis.

M&M's

McRotic.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#22 » by bledredwine » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:08 pm

How about they celebrate like jo after hitting 3's and we call them Bang Bros?
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
Eduardo
Banned User
And1: 633

Post#23 » by Eduardo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:11 pm

I have yet to see a better nickname for them than "The Drain Duo". It's catchy and an alliteration. Alliterations always raise the value of a nickname. I agree with that one post, though. It also sounds like it could be the name of a plumbing company started by two business partners.

I still think that nickname wise
Drain Duo > Splash Brothers
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#24 » by TheStig » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:17 pm

Stratmaster wrote:
TheStig wrote:I'm excited to have Mirotic but he is really only a 4 and I can't see him getting time over Gasol and Taj. I don't think he will see regular minutes. He will get oppurtunites if the other guys have injuries.

I see the rotation breaking out like this.

Jo 33/Gasol 15
Gasol 15/Taj 33

Maybe Mirotic sneaks in for 5 regular minutes a game. And Taj goes back down to 28 but JO/Gasol/Taj is one of the best front courts in the league. He has tough competition.

As far as Dougie. I think MDJ is the starter and plays 30mpg to start the year and after the all star break, Dougie starts taking minutes from him. Till then, I think he gets around 15-18mpg.

So you thinkg Mirotic will see only garbage minutes? Because of Taj?

Pretty much. We know Thibs. Unless someone is injured or getting a day off I don't think he will see consistent minutes. I don't really blame him. Its hard to take away minutes from high level bigs to develop a player.

His main hopes is that Taj is packaged in a deal for a starting wing.
Eduardo
Banned User

Post#25 » by Eduardo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:20 pm

TheStig wrote:
Stratmaster wrote:
TheStig wrote:I'm excited to have Mirotic but he is really only a 4 and I can't see him getting time over Gasol and Taj. I don't think he will see regular minutes. He will get oppurtunites if the other guys have injuries.

I see the rotation breaking out like this.

Jo 33/Gasol 15
Gasol 15/Taj 33

Maybe Mirotic sneaks in for 5 regular minutes a game. And Taj goes back down to 28 but JO/Gasol/Taj is one of the best front courts in the league. He has tough competition.

As far as Dougie. I think MDJ is the starter and plays 30mpg to start the year and after the all star break, Dougie starts taking minutes from him. Till then, I think he gets around 15-18mpg.

So you thinkg Mirotic will see only garbage minutes? Because of Taj?

Pretty much. We know Thibs. Unless someone is injured or getting a day off I don't think he will see consistent minutes. I don't really blame him. Its hard to take away minutes from high level bigs to develop a player.

His main hopes is that Taj is packaged in a deal for a starting wing.

Injuries are inevitable. I think Mirotic proves himself when one of the other bigs has an injury. Plus, the depth at PF and C is very key for Gasol and Noah IMO. Having all our PF's and C's fresh come playoff time will be a big advantage.
genbar
Analyst
And1: 279

Post#26 » by genbar » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:24 pm

Basket BoyZ also alliterates!

F'reals tho, stop trying to make Drain Duo happen hehehe

Eduardo wrote:I have yet to see a better nickname for them than "The Drain Duo". It's catchy and an alliteration. Alliterations always raise the value of a nickname. I agree with that one post, though. It also sounds like it could be the name of a plumbing company started by two business partners.

NOBODY FROM CHICAGO SAYS CHI-TOWN
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#27 » by Proven_Winner » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:25 pm

Eduardo wrote:I have yet to see a better nickname for them than "The Drain Duo". It's catchy and an alliteration. Alliterations always raise the value of a nickname. I agree with that one post, though. It also sounds like it could be the name of a plumbing company started by two business partners.

I think GimmeDat made up M&M. That's a good simple nickname.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Re: What numbers do you predict from The Drain Duo? -POLL A 

Post#28 » by League Circles » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:28 pm

I don't know. Regarding the nickname, there's no reason to give either of them one at this point, especially not together. Did the higher drafted Marcus Fizer and Jamal Crawford get a duo nickname?

Anyways, there is a very, very good chance that neither of these guys is any good this year, and that neither are in our top 2-3 players in 3pt % or makes. Dunleavy and even Kirk, Snell, Rose and Butler could out shoot them. Even great shooters often take more than a year to find themselves in the NBA.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
NecessaryEvil
General Manager
And1: 7,065

Post#29 » by NecessaryEvil » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:29 pm

Mirotic is better than Taj, he'll play this year.

They'll both average 10 plus ppg this season shooting over 39% from 3.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,397

Post#30 » by fleet » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:30 pm

Smart alec mods with the poll creation. We should have a poll to call them names.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
bledredwine
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#31 » by bledredwine » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:36 pm

All I know is that whenever Mirotic hits a 3, I'm going "NIIIIIIIIIIIICOLAAAAAAAAA!" (ricola) and for McD "MCBUCKETS!" and that's really enough for me.
https://undisputedgoat.medium.com/jordan-in-the-clutch-30f6e7ed4c43
LBJ clutch- 19 of 104 career: https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/lebron_james_has_only_made_19_of_107_shots_in_clutch_situation_during_his_career_178_fg_125_from_3_pointers/s1_16751_38344895
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by DuckIII » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:01 pm

1. They shouldn't have a collective nickname.

2. Drain Duo stinks. I will make it my mission in life to scuttle this movement.
Eduardo
Banned User

Post#33 » by Eduardo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:05 pm

DuckIII wrote:

2. Drain Duo stinks. I will make it my mission in life to scuttle this movement.

Is that why you made a poll on my thread without my permission? Your effort is futile. The Drain Duo will stick.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,397

Post#34 » by fleet » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:08 pm

Eduardo wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

Is that why you made a poll on my thread without my permission? Your effort is futile. The Drain Duo will stick.

Tommy Udo 6 did it from heaven
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by DuckIII » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:13 pm

Eduardo wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

I made no poll.

But I want to get this nickname where it breathes! I want to find this nancy-boy "drain duo." I want it DEAD! I want its family DEAD! I want its house burned to the GROUND! I wanna go there in the middle of the night and I wanna piss on its ASHES!
Eduardo
Banned User

Post#36 » by Eduardo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:14 pm

fleet wrote:
Eduardo wrote:
DuckIII wrote:

too soon...
2015nbachamps
Banned User
And1: 124

Post#37 » by 2015nbachamps » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:18 pm

poolshark52 wrote:
2015nbachamps wrote:i dont expect nor do i want mirotic to play much...mainly because i dont want a trade nor injuries. I think we are good just the way we are and barring injury mirotic wont get more than 15 mpg.

So for him: 7 ppg, 2 rpg, and hopefully in that time he can show that he can microwave heat up and be a good shooter off the bench with limited shots not a guy that needs to warm up to get his shot going. So im hoping for at least 36% 3pt shooting...if he does more than that something has gone really well or really bad.

Mcdemrott has the starting SF position for him to take...he just has to do what he has always done.

So for mcderm: I'm hoping that he gets at least 28 mpg in the first few months and 32-34 mpg as the season progresses...I'd like to see production at least at 14 ppg, 4 rpg, 3 apg, .5 block, .5 steal in 28ish mpg for the first 2-3 months. I'm expecting Efficiency at 40% overall and 37%3pt, 86% FT shooting over the first 2-3 months...Once he gets comfortable and established I'm expecting 16 ppg, 5 rpg, 4 apg, 42% overall, and 39% 3 pt shooting, 88% FT shooting...and next year and in year 3 I'm expecting decent increases in production and efficiency. I think he eventually peaks 2-3 years down the road at 22ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg, 1 block, .5 steals, 2.5 turnover or less, 46% overall, 42% 3t shooting, 91% FT shooting. Essentially, i think he will become the best player on the team.

'
I love me some Dougie, but you are kidding about the 5 dimes a game, right?

I think he is going to draw double teams or at least what i will call a player and a half consistently from about week 1 into the season. A second defender will always be at least making a hard show to help cut off his shooting space. I also think that being 6'8" he is going to have more passing lanes available to him to dish off. So its not so much his playmaking ability per se....its just a combination of his height, IQ, willingness to pass we already saw in summer league, but mostly his devastating shooting that is going to cause defense to not nly double but when he is "hot" he will likely see triple teams...so yeah...I see some dimes coming from all of that.

This year I think he will average about 2-3 assists per game.

By year 2 maybe year 3 in the league I think the coaching staff will have committed a large part of the offense to take advantage of Doug's skills set and work in so much movement off the ball that when he is coming off screen and gets doubled, there will be passing lanes and open men on the court...those men will be Derrick, Rose, Taj, Mirotic, Noah, Gasol, and Jimmy Butler...all capable quality NBA players that can make shots...so yeah...by year 2-3 I am seeing at least 4 assists per game and thinking around 5. But this year...about 2 assists per game...this year is not the year to tinker with the playbook unless thibs is already on it and is already confident that Doug will be ready to do all of this...THIS YEAR. Tough order for any rookie to come in and be an efficient scorer...so I'm hoping they dont also depend on him to create for others quite like that this year, might be a recipe for failure...but by the Feb. i wont be surprised at all to see some 5 and 6 assists games...but it will likely avaerage out to around 2 assist per game...unless of course we struck gold and have a Larry Bird/Paul Pierce on our hands which is not out of the realm of possibilty for me save Bird's rebounding and Bird's and Pierce's iso game and ability to bring the ball up and initatiate the offense and the fast break...Doug can do a lot of things but he wont be able to do all of that most likely.
2015nbachamps
Banned User

Post#38 » by 2015nbachamps » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:28 pm

genbar wrote:Basket BoyZ also alliterates!

is the emphasis on the "z(eee" like in rock of ages? If so, i could get on board with this...given every time it is typed (and read) every one here promises to type and read BoyZeeeeeee!!!
2015nbachamps
Banned User

Post#39 » by 2015nbachamps » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:30 pm

2015nbachamps wrote:
genbar wrote:Basket BoyZ also alliterates!

is the emphasis on the "z(eee" like in rock of ages? If so, i could get on board with this...given every time it is typed (and read) every one here promises to type and read BoyZeeeeeee!!!

oh wait...as i read that i realized that in rock of ages i think the emphasis was on the boy(eeeeeee)Z...so if that's it? Im' good.
Ben
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,846

Post#40 » by Ben » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:49 pm

Eduardo wrote:
fleet wrote:
Eduardo wrote:Is that why you made a poll on my thread without my permission? Your effort is futile. The Drain Duo will stick.

too soon...

Your RealGM join date is well after Tommy passed away. What would you know about it and why would you care?

Return to Chicago Bulls