Image ImageImage Image

Why we should trade Derrick Rose right now

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

pb-ceo
Analyst
And1: 830

Re: Why we should trade Derrick Rose right now 

Post#41 » by pb-ceo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:09 pm

noahabull wrote:
pylb wrote:We shouldn't trade him when he's close to being at an all-time low value.

He will probably return to being a very good player in about a year's time. Can you guarantee that trading him now would guarantee us having another very good player in a year ?

Well i would hope we get a very good player for him right now? Not sure Stephen Curry and Bogut, Lillard and Aldridge?, kyrie (dont give me he outplayed Rose, Kyrie is no rose when healthy), anthony davis and draft pics?....I am not saying trade him for a draft pick, rather i am saying trade him for a superstar. I believe other teams will take that risk - a risk we should not take because we have a very solid team.

none of those players would be traded for a Derrick w two surgically repaired knees. you are way over valuing him right now. go watch his Low lights from FIBA. He may well turn out to be a good player again. But that's theoretical. I think even in his MVP year he was over valued by CHI fans. the average fan is way more influenced by one windmill dunk then an entire game of inefficiency. GMs that use and swear by advanced stats and even the objective eye test have a different view of him. Fans love carefull edited youtube highlights and posterizing. The best GMs have their heads down looking at advanced stats.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#42 » by TheStig » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:12 pm

I'm confused. Was there some kind of proposal or is this some kind of deliousnal fantasy? Who would we get for Derrick besides contracts?
ingvald
Veteran
And1: 1,861

Post#43 » by ingvald » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:29 pm

TheStig wrote:I'm confused. Was there some kind of proposal or is this some kind of deliousnal fantasy? Who would we get for Derrick besides contracts?

There was a proposed three team trade sending Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant to the Bulls for Rose, Bairstow, and E'Twane Moore but the Bulls are holding out for more.
Honesty is my only excuse.
BullsFan88- the Sig Mamba
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#44 » by TheStig » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:56 pm

ingvald wrote:
TheStig wrote:I'm confused. Was there some kind of proposal or is this some kind of deliousnal fantasy? Who would we get for Derrick besides contracts?

There was a proposed three team trade sending Anthony Davis and Kevin Durant to the Bulls for Rose, Bairstow, and E'Twane Moore but the Bulls are holding out for more.

I wouldn't touch it unless we got Westbrook too. Who's going to be our PG?
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,452

Post#45 » by samwana » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:01 pm

TheStig wrote:
ingvald wrote:

I wouldn't touch it unless we got Westbrook too. Who's going to be our PG?

Kirk Hinrich
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#46 » by kyrv » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:19 pm

noahabull wrote:I would think his value is high. I mean if I am a team in the NBA that really doesnt have anything going and have an opportunity to get Rose I would do it. I agree with a lot of what "AAU Teammate" has to say. My main reason for wanting to trade him now is this: If he gets injured again, his value will really diminish to nothing whereas now we can get several pieces for him (Not sure what we could exactly get). I guess it really comes down to how likely do we believe he gets injured

As far as him being better than Wade or Durant is another topic, but I can articulate that on a different thread.

Welcome, but his trade value can't be high. Stars in general don't net equal return, Rose getting traded won't make the team better.

Whatever the odds are of Rose being really good again are better than improving via Rose leaving.

You probably know that on some level right? But again if you are basing this pretending Rose has high value, makes no sense that he would have high value. There's no way he can have high value.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#47 » by Village Idiot » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:25 pm

coldfish wrote:I think most Bulls fans would trade Rose for Anthony Davis and draft picks or Lillard and Aldridge.

That is so far outside of realistic its not worth talking about. I just hope to god no one from another board sees this thread now.
:lol: too late. He said Lillard AND Aldridge :lol: Sorry but you couldn't get either at this juncture unless you added Noah.

I really hope Rose comes back because he is so entertaining and great for the game. After what we Portland fans went through with Brandon Roy and Greg Oden I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

Rose is untradeable for the next season until he proves unequivocally that he back, for good Until then, if he's healthy the Bulls don't trade him. If they offer him for trade it is because they have no faith that he will return.
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#48 » by coldfish » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:28 pm

Village Idiot wrote:
coldfish wrote:I think most Bulls fans would trade Rose for Anthony Davis and draft picks or Lillard and Aldridge.

That is so far outside of realistic its not worth talking about. I just hope to god no one from another board sees this thread now.
:lol: too late. He said Lillard AND Aldridge :lol: Sorry but you couldn't get either at this juncture unless you added Noah.

I really hope Rose comes back because he is so entertaining and great for the game. After what we Portland fans went through with Brandon Roy and Greg Oden I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

Rose is untradeable for the next season until he proves unequivocally that he back, for good Until then, if he's healthy the Bulls don't trade him. If they offer him for trade it is because they have no faith that he will return.

Please don't link this all around realgm. There are lots of Bulls fans and some of them have . . . . interesting ideas. The idea that the Bulls could trade Rose for Lillard and Aldridge is not reflective of the Bulls fanbase. The Bulls aren't trading Rose, for better or for worse. As you said, let's just hope its for the better.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#49 » by musiqsoulchild » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:28 pm

The trading Rose is not cogent.

People need to be more patient. Fandom comes at a price. If you want instant results, it's time for you to turn in your fan card.

Now, if you really want to do something dramatic, then package Noah with a minor piece for major return.
For love, not money.
Keller61
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Post#50 » by Keller61 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:40 pm

coldfish wrote:
Village Idiot wrote:

Please don't link this all around realgm. There are lots of Bulls fans and some of them have . . . . interesting ideas. The idea that the Bulls could trade Rose for Lillard and Aldridge is not reflective of the Bulls fanbase. The Bulls aren't trading Rose, for better or for worse. As you said, let's just hope its for the better.

It shouldn't need to be said that the opinions of a few internet posters do not represent a fanbase of millions of people.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#51 » by coldfish » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Keller61 wrote:
It shouldn't need to be said that the opinions of a few internet posters do not represent a fanbase of millions of people.

This is realgm though. You know that you are now going to have to deal with people on the general board throwing this in your face. Its not going to say "one random fan posted a trade idea" its going to be "those homer Bulls fans think they can get Anthony Davis AND picks for Rose right now".
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#52 » by HomoSapien » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:57 pm

I definitely think it's something that should be in the back of our minds. If Rose can't be more than an 18 and 6 guy, then it's simply best to get completely out of his contract.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Keller61
RealGM

Post#53 » by Keller61 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:13 pm

HomoSapien wrote:I definitely think it's something that should be in the back of our minds. If Rose can't be more than an 18 and 6 guy, then it's simply best to get completely out of his contract.

And then what?
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#54 » by HomoSapien » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:14 pm

Keller61 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:I definitely think it's something that should be in the back of our minds. If Rose can't be more than an 18 and 6 guy, then it's simply best to get completely out of his contract.

And then what?

Do a semi-reboot, by using that extra flexibility to pull off a good signing or a savvy trade.
Keller61
RealGM

Post#55 » by Keller61 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:30 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
Keller61 wrote:

And then what?

Do a semi-reboot, by using that extra flexibility to pull off a good signing or a savvy trade.

I think that betting on Rose's health is a better plan than hoping that "flexibility" will somehow lead to us acquiring another star.
Village Idiot
General Manager
And1: 2,001

Post#56 » by Village Idiot » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:31 pm

coldfish wrote:
Village Idiot wrote:

Don't worry. Not my style.

Good luck with the upcoming season. Wishing you a healthy recovery for D.Rose. I hope you can avoid the agony we went through with Roy and Oden :(
"There are no right answers to wrong questions." - Ursula K. Le Guin
2Chainz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,010

Post#57 » by 2Chainz » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:34 pm

Keller61 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:
Keller61 wrote:
And then what?

I think that betting on Rose's health is a better plan than hoping that "flexibility" will somehow lead to us acquiring another star.

The Bulls land whoever they want in free agency though. Cap space and flexibility is what the team needs.
"My wrist deserve a shout-out, I'm like "What up, wrist?"/My stove deserve a shout-out, I'm like "What up, stove?""
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#58 » by Mech Engineer » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:37 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
Keller61 wrote:

And then what?

They are going nowhere if you trade Derrick. First of all, the Bulls are not good at pulling off trades where they get star type players back. Second, this is the worst time as has it been explained in multiple posts to trade Rose.

If Derrick is not 18 and 6 or more guy, then he is not getting back anything decent either. I understand the contract part of what you said. In a year or two, the salary cap is going to increase and Rose's contract will be a semi-bargain if he is giving the Bulls 18 and 6 or a little more.

The only time I see Derrick being traded is ..if he is healthy but struggling to get his game back for the next 2 years. Some team will then give up decent players/picks/star types in the hope they can reboot his career and also because the salary cap will be big enough to absorb Derrick's contract next to another star.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#59 » by HomoSapien » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:40 pm

2Chainz wrote:
Keller61 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:

The Bulls land whoever they want in free agency though. Cap space and flexibility is what the team needs.

Not sure what there is to be snarky about. If Rose is maxed out at an 18 and 6 level, there's other factors to consider. It shouldn't be harder to find a player that is a better scorer, or passer, or shooter, or at the very least gives up similar production at a much cheaper contract.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#60 » by coldfish » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:41 pm

HomoSapien wrote:
Keller61 wrote:

And then what?

The Bulls are kind of screwed in that regard. Since they have a bunch of big contracts on the books, trading Rose for salary relief really doesn't get them that much flexibility. Since the salary cap is going up and contracts are shorter, expirings don't have nearly as much value either. Basically, you have to trade Rose for something that gives you real on court value and I don't see that happening.

I just don't see a trade for Rose that can vault the Bulls up. Our best hope is that he returns to form. If that doesn't happen, then he goes away in 3 years and the Bulls do a complete rebuild.

I know this is REAL GM so everyone wants to play GM, but I kind of think that as far as the Bulls go, the roster is mostly set for a 2-3 year run. That will disgust a lot of people here but I think its reality. Maybe some fringe pieces get moved in a year but the foundation of the team is going to be Rose, Noah and Gasol.

Return to Chicago Bulls