Image ImageImage Image

LeBron: Bulls 'Much Better' Than Cavs

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,338

Re: PG Bulls Lose but Rose looked good. 

Post#61 » by fleet » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:50 am

Lebron is so irritaing speaking of irritating with his condescension about how much better he allegedly thinks the Bulls are. He doesn't believe a word of what he says. He continues to be one of the most disingenuous stars in sports.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Re: LeBron: Bulls 'Much Better' Than Cavs 

Post#62 » by Rerisen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:03 am

The Cavs are a team built on natural talent, they are actually ahead of the Bulls right now based on that. Just roll out the ball and let them play and they'll be pretty good off the bat.

The Bulls are a team that will have to function on high execution, system and chemistry. It usually takes Thibs a few months, even half a year to integrate everyone.

The full measure of the Bulls will take a while to see, 20 or 30 games likely, but there's a lot of work to do.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,208

Post#63 » by coldfish » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:38 am

As I have said before, I think people are actually sleeping on the Cavs. They have real talent in the middle of the roster. Now that they have some structure and a clear pecking order, that talent is going to be utilized better.

They are better than Miami was. By a good bit. All preseason I have watched as Lebron basically just lays back and the team still dominates. The idea of having a team with a top 5 player all time in its back pocket where he can just pick his spots hasn't been seen in quite some time.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,338

Post#64 » by fleet » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:48 am

Yeah, and not only are they good, Lebron is so confident he just says things like other teams are better. Now that is supreme confidence.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#65 » by coldfish » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:06 pm

fleet wrote:Yeah, and not only are they good, Lebron is so confident he just says things like other teams are better. Now that is supreme confidence.

Its quite obviously a lesson learned from his experience at Miami. Not 1, not 2, not 3, etc. He is going out of his way to not create the same hype and hatred that Miami got. It took him a long time, but he finally figured out the PR thing.

You could tell from interviews that Lebron and Bosh never liked being the targets of scorn. They never embraced the "bad guy" role. Its pretty obvious that Lebron and his people are going pretty far out of their way to avoid that scenario again.

And yes, saying the politically correct thing means that he isn't being honest. He knows and believes that the Cavs are better than the Bulls.
bullsaficianado
Rookie
And1: 333

Post#66 » by bullsaficianado » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:13 pm

Cavs look the most impressive this preseason and LeBron is just coasting to, he really hasn't had to do a whole lot yet. I think they can win 60 games if there are no major injurys. Blatt is a good coach, not your normal rookie coach. I am thinking an ECF's series with them might be tougher than I thought. Also I have more respect for LeBron now, he's playing for his hometown team, the team that drafted him, it feels right. With Miami it all felt like he was trying to win NBA titles the easy way, a sell out.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#67 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:17 pm

coldfish wrote:As I have said before, I think people are actually sleeping on the Cavs. They have real talent in the middle of the roster. Now that they have some structure and a clear pecking order, that talent is going to be utilized better.

They are better than Miami was. By a good bit. All preseason I have watched as Lebron basically just lays back and the team still dominates. The idea of having a team with a top 5 player all time in its back pocket where he can just pick his spots hasn't been seen in quite some time.

No one is sleeping on the cavs. There is a reason they are considered the favorites to come out of the East and likely win it.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#68 » by MC3 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Only sleepers on the cavs are the cavs fans. They think they could get 70 wins in regular season. And i tought Knicks and Lakers fans were delusional.
bullsaficianado
Rookie
And1: 333

Post#69 » by bullsaficianado » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:28 pm

MC3 wrote:Only sleepers on the cavs are the cavs fans. They think they could get 70 wins in regular season. And i tought Knicks and Lakers fans were delusional.

I think the Spurs won 62 games last season playing in the West. If they had played in the East, they could have come very close to a 70 win season easily. As for the Cavs winning 70 games, probably not, they will lose a few games than they should trying to right the ship. 60 wins and no more is not impossible in the East, they looked very good in the preseason. The Bulls historic 95-96' 72-10 championship season is probably safe next season.
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#70 » by musiqsoulchild » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:38 pm

coldfish wrote:As I have said before, I think people are actually sleeping on the Cavs. They have real talent in the middle of the roster. Now that they have some structure and a clear pecking order, that talent is going to be utilized better.

No one is sleeping on the Cavs.

I have Bulls as 40% likely to beat them in the playoffs. Thats assuming all of our assumptions about health, rookies and Gasol hold true.

Tall, tall order.
For love, not money.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#71 » by Proven_Winner » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:28 pm

Can you pass some of what you're smoking. :lol:
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,479

Post#72 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:53 pm

So lebron says we are better team

And RealGM bulls fans gets mad and then says why we are not

Gotta love it haha
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#73 » by JordansBulls » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:13 pm

Lebron is saying this because he knows what is going to happen when Jimmy Butler returns and what he will do to Lebron on the floor? He will make Lebron regret the decisions he has made last offseason.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,313

Post#74 » by JordansBulls » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:35 pm

http://www.fearthesword.com/2014/10/21/ ... r-the-cavs

Over the course of his NBA career, Butler has established himself as perhaps the best player at defending LeBron James man-to-man. At 6'7" and 220 pounds, Butler is an ideal size to defend James. He's also quick enough to defend James in space and is smart enough on defense to know exactly what to do in each offensive situation. For instance, Butler almost always gives James space, but not too much, to limit is effectiveness driving to the basket and doesn't unnecessarily reach and lunge for steals once James starts dribbling.

This allows Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau to leave Butler alone to defend James, as well as give other offensive threats more attention. For instance, take a look at this set from the 2013 Eastern Conference Finals. In this series, when Butler defended LeBron, James' offense rating was about five points lower than it was in the 2013 regular season. His efficient field goal percentage and true shooting percentage were also significantly down - 6.6 and 12.2 percent respectively. His 23.6 points per game and 43.8 percent shooting were also his lowest averages of the 2013 playoffs.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
musiqsoulchild
RealGM
And1: 6,354

Post#75 » by musiqsoulchild » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:52 pm

JordansBulls wrote:http://www.fearthesword.com/2014/10/21/7024583/jimmy-butlers-absence-is-worth-noting-for-the-cavs

Over the course of his NBA career, Butler has established himself as perhaps the best player at defending LeBron James man-to-man. At 6'7" and 220 pounds, Butler is an ideal size to defend James. He's also quick enough to defend James in space and is smart enough on defense to know exactly what to do in each offensive situation. For instance, Butler almost always gives James space, but not too much, to limit is effectiveness driving to the basket and doesn't unnecessarily reach and lunge for steals once James starts dribbling.

This allows Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau to leave Butler alone to defend James, as well as give other offensive threats more attention. For instance, take a look at this set from the 2013 Eastern Conference Finals. In this series, when Butler defended LeBron, James' offense rating was about five points lower than it was in the 2013 regular season. His efficient field goal percentage and true shooting percentage were also significantly down - 6.6 and 12.2 percent respectively. His 23.6 points per game and 43.8 percent shooting were also his lowest averages of the 2013 playoffs.

We need 2 more players who can do that while not being completely duds on the offensive end.

Thats why I dont mind playing Mirotic or Taj against LeBron. Especially, Taj.

Of course, the simple answer is Snell....really hopes he steps it up in practice. We need his skillset and his size and physique.
For love, not money.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#76 » by Mech Engineer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:00 am

JordansBulls wrote:http://www.fearthesword.com/2014/10/21/7024583/jimmy-butlers-absence-is-worth-noting-for-the-cavs

People throw out all kinds of stats but what matters is how the Bulls match-up with the Cavs. LeBron's anti-dote is Jimmy, Kawhi, Durant and maybe Deng. I think Deng will be more effective against LeBron now that he has lesser responsibilities with the ball.

The other secret to Kawhi's success against LeBron has been his offense. Some of it was crazy stuff like just launching 3 pointers by just walking up and no Spurs magic. That's why McDermott's development on offense is also crucial making it difficult for LeBron to bet on one player.
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#77 » by Rerisen » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:51 am

coldfish wrote:They are better than Miami was. By a good bit.

Which Miami? Maybe last year's, not the champion versions. Yet.

Not till their defense improves way more. Even if it does, they won't have the tools to be the kryptonite to an MVP Derrick like Miami uniquely was.

But the rest of the Bulls would still need to develop a lot on offense even accepting the above. Championship teams need legit 2nd and 3rd options or approximations of them statistically.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#78 » by coldfish » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:03 am

Rerisen wrote:

Not till their defense improves way more. Even if it does, they won't have the tools to be the kryptonite to an MVP Derrick like Miami uniquely was.

But the rest of the Bulls would still need to develop a lot on offense even accepting the above. Championship teams need legit 2nd and 3rd options or approximations of them statistically.

You are looking at the Heat through the lens of a Bulls fan. As many, including yourself I believe, have noted, the Heat's frontcourt wasn't all that. Chicago never could take advantage but other teams did. Teams aren't going to be able to crush the Cavs on the glass. If anything, Cleveland is going to be a dominant rebounding team on top of being an awesome offensive team. I doubt that Cleveland can match Miami's peak defense but the advantages in other areas clearly put them over any of the Miami teams.

The reality of the Heat just didn't match the hype. They came relatively close to winning no titles in 4 years, just barely winning several series. They were dominant in the regular season for only one stretch after they got Anderson. Let's be honest, they were lucky to have been playing in a weak east. Had Rose been healthy instead of missing 3 straight postseasons, no way they make the finals 4 straight times.

Cleveland is going to be just nasty. You can already see it as Lebron can just lay back in games and watch the Cavs still roll teams.

But I do agree with you on something. Maybe Chicago matches up better with Cleveland than they did with Miami *if* they can get some offensive production out of their wings.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#79 » by Mech Engineer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:37 am

coldfish wrote:
Rerisen wrote:

You are looking at the Heat through the lens of a Bulls fan. As many, including yourself I believe, have noted, the Heat's frontcourt wasn't all that. Chicago never could take advantage but other teams did. Teams aren't going to be able to crush the Cavs on the glass. If anything, Cleveland is going to be a dominant rebounding team on top of being an awesome offensive team. I doubt that Cleveland can match Miami's peak defense but the advantages in other areas clearly put them over any of the Miami teams.

The reality of the Heat just didn't match the hype. They came relatively close to winning no titles in 4 years, just barely winning several series. They were dominant in the regular season for only one stretch after they got Anderson. Let's be honest, they were lucky to have been playing in a weak east. Had Rose been healthy instead of missing 3 straight postseasons, no way they make the finals 4 straight times.

Cleveland is going to be just nasty. You can already see it as Lebron can just lay back in games and watch the Cavs still roll teams.

But I do agree with you on something. Maybe Chicago matches up better with Cleveland than they did with Miami *if* they can get some offensive production out of their wings.

This is the key though. After Miami's run through the East for 4 years(even though it was flawed), people have created the perception that LeBron can take anything and run through the East/Bulls as if it is nothing. The current Cavs might have individually fancier stars like Irving and Love(who do the fancy things many people like), while Wade and Bosh are like a boring movie after you have seen it a few times.

We have seen with Boozer that one way players are always tough to keep on the court or they become unproductive/lose confidence very quickly if given large roles. Although Boozer was never a star level talent like Love or Irving, it is a symptom of a one-way player.

Offense comes and goes especially against tough defenders but defense is something you can sustain through an entire playoff series like Wade, Bosh who got their offense back when required. Love, Irving do not have that luxury, IMO and that's what makes the Cavs less tougher than the Heat.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Re: PG Bulls Lose but Rose looked good. 

Post#80 » by kingkirk » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:15 am

fleet wrote:Lebron is so irritaing speaking of irritating with his condescension about how much better he allegedly thinks the Bulls are. He doesn't believe a word of what he says. He continues to be one of the most disingenuous stars in sports.

I'm sorry, but i disagree.

I completely believe he is being genuine when he describes the Cavaliers as a 'Big 15'. That's a real leader.

You could stand to learn a thing or two.

Return to Chicago Bulls