Image ImageImage Image

Update: Butler out 2-4 Weeks (pg 3)

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Update: Butler out 2-4 Weeks (pg 3) 

Post#1 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:12 am

[tweet]https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/527477420388278272[/tweet]
Update - Re

Jimmy Butler will undergo an MRI on Tuesday in Chicago, but early indications are that his sprained left thumb won't need surgery

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... story.html

I put this in the PG thread, but I thought it deserved it's own thread.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
cool007
RealGM
And1: 3,100

Re: Update on Jimmy's thumb sprain. (semi positive) 

Post#2 » by cool007 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:15 am

Please no surgery please. :pray:

Butler was having his best preseason to date and he is on the verge of being something great for us. I don't want any setback. No way.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#3 » by Jvaughn » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:20 am

Since when do sprains require surgery anyway?
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#4 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:43 am

Jvaughn wrote:Since when do sprains require surgery anyway?

grade 3 sprain could require surgery because of ligament tear.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#5 » by Indomitable » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:44 am

It a pre cautionary MRI. Even said he might be able to play Minnesota
:banghead:
RebuildaBulls
Analyst
And1: 756

Post#6 » by RebuildaBulls » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:47 am

His sprain was caused by the ball, I doubt it tore any ligaments
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,327

Post#7 » by fleet » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:25 am

that is the thing. It must have been pretty traumatic if surgery was a thought process they explored. Hopefully it won't last all all year and affect his game. But its gonna get hit every night. Too bad it happened to the one guy that had upside ready to fulfill immediately on offense.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#8 » by fleet » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:27 am

RebuildaBulls wrote:His sprain was caused by the ball, I doubt it tore any ligaments

every sprain tears ligaments to some degree. Some are minor, some are more serious and take more time to heal short of surgery.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
kuly1990
Veteran
And1: 441

Post#9 » by kuly1990 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:16 am

Indomitable wrote:

great, but dont let him play Minessota, and also sign him longterm Bulls please...
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#10 » by fleet » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:24 am

Indomitable wrote:

And Noah is still recovering 5 months after a nothing surgery. And the Rose situation. And the Deng situations. I'm not saying Butler is not fine. I'm saying when it comes to accurate injury reports, the Bulls are FOS. You would be crazy to give their media reports the slightest bit of credulity
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#11 » by fleet » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:25 am

kuly1990 wrote:
Indomitable wrote:

great, but dont let him play Minessota, and also sign him longterm Bulls please...

he doesn't need to play until the season starts.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#12 » by Proven_Winner » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:12 am

fleet wrote:

that is the thing. It must have been pretty traumatic if surgery was a thought process they explored. Hopefully it won't last all all year and affect his game. But its gonna get hit every night. Too bad it happened to the one guy that had upside ready to fulfill immediately on offense.

You usually don't need surgery unless it a grade 2 or 3 sprain. Since Jimmy had on a splint I'm guessing it's a grade 1 so the swelling goes down.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,535

Post#13 » by Ice Man » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:15 pm

fleet wrote:And Noah is still recovering 5 months after a nothing surgery.

Yeah, the Bulls' PR team played a bunch of guys on these boards. Well, there are always those who will leap for the happy story.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,695

Post#14 » by madvillian » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:40 pm

This isn't a Noah thread but related he said last night that his knee is starting to respond a bit, which yea. I think we can all agree it wasn't really a "minor" surgery. I'm guessing once they get inside things were a bit less tidy then they hoped, or had seen on the images.

Don't we have a resident orthopedist poster? What are the different levels of scopes? Some are clearly a bit more involved than others recovery wise, no?
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#15 » by kyrv » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Proven_Winner wrote:
fleet wrote:

You usually don't need surgery unless it a grade 2 or 3 sprain. Since Jimmy had on a splint I'm guessing it's a grade 1 so the swelling goes down.

Yep and a sprain has a huge variance between just twisting your ankle and a grade 3.

Hopefully it's grade 1 as you said, and as fleet said Jimmy doesn't need to play until the season.
keloms
Veteran
And1: 1,933

Post#16 » by keloms » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:16 pm

Today's update

[tweet]https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/524685373008408576[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/524685395355635712[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/chicagobulls/status/524685435654516736[/tweet]
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,769

Post#17 » by jc23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:30 pm

my guess is Jimmy misses the first few games of the season. thats fine but we are not the same team without him and i expect melo and lebron to have a field day.
Be curious, Not judgmental
LoveDaBoo
RealGM
And1: 1,961

Post#18 » by LoveDaBoo » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:50 pm

I've said it before, but I'll say it again here: this is bad. I sprained my thumb on October 1st of last year, and it was still very much bothering me at the start of the summer. The first few months, it was very difficult for me to hold a pen, because the pressure was too much. These things take forever to heal, and there's nothing you can do about it.

That said, it's his non-shooting hand, so he at least has that going for him. But I'd bet it bothers him all season long, and he re-aggravates it fairly regularly.
Step 1: instead of "ass" say "buns." Like "kiss my buns" or "you're a buns-hole."
Woj: The NBA's Dickie Dunn.
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,713

Post#19 » by Ctownbulls » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:06 pm

LoveDaBoo wrote:I've said it before, but I'll say it again here: this is bad. I sprained my thumb on October 1st of last year, and it was still very much bothering me at the start of the summer. The first few months, it was very difficult for me to hold a pen, because the pressure was too much. These things take forever to heal, and there's nothing you can do about it.

That said, it's his non-shooting hand, so he at least has that going for him. But I'd bet it bothers him all season long, and he re-aggravates it fairly regularly.

Eh, sprained thumb on non-shooting hand. It may bother him all season but I doubt it will have much if any impact on his play (except for him maybe not being as hot to start the season).
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#20 » by RememberLu » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:12 pm

Sprained thumb on non-shooting hand = I'm happy, at least it's not his legs

I didn't really expect the Bulls to leave the preseason without at least 1 injury anyway, if this is it I'm relieved

Return to Chicago Bulls