Image ImageImage Image

OT: Apartment/College Life Questions

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Derkach77
Junior
And1: 192

Re: OT: Apartment/College Life Questions 

Post#21 » by Derkach77 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:19 pm

JohnnyNightrain wrote:If you are living in one of those sh*tty on-campus apartment complexes filled with frat boy douchebags, speaker placement is irreverent. You're in for 24/7 noise. Drunk couples fighting in the parking lot? Check. Thursday night balcony party right below your place? Check. Bass vibrations at 3:00 a.m. on a Tuesday? Check. Neighbors puking in the hallway at midnight? Check. Someone practicing drums and/or guitar? Check. Loud drunks stumbling home from the bars? Check. It never ends. Oh, and if your women's basketball team is fortunate enough to win the NCAA tournament, you might even see a flaming Dumpster roll past your window.

I never stayed in a dorm and always lived off campus for the sake of my own sanity. It's great that you are concerned about the neighbors, but if you go to a major university and live on-campus, do not expect the same amount of courtesy in return. It doesn't exist.

im off campus. close to campus but technically off campus. it's awesome.
kyrv
RealGM
And1: 3,771

Post#22 » by kyrv » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:40 pm

Derkach77 wrote:
JohnnyNightrain wrote:If you are living in one of those sh*tty on-campus apartment complexes filled with frat boy douchebags, speaker placement is irreverent. You're in for 24/7 noise. Drunk couples fighting in the parking lot? Check. Thursday night balcony party right below your place? Check. Bass vibrations at 3:00 a.m. on a Tuesday? Check. Neighbors puking in the hallway at midnight? Check. Someone practicing drums and/or guitar? Check. Loud drunks stumbling home from the bars? Check. It never ends. Oh, and if your women's basketball team is fortunate enough to win the NCAA tournament, you might even see a flaming Dumpster roll past your window.

I never stayed in a dorm and always lived off campus for the sake of my own sanity. It's great that you are concerned about the neighbors, but if you go to a major university and live on-campus, do not expect the same amount of courtesy in return. It doesn't exist.

Dat irreverent speaker placement.

Are you signing a lease, or is it less formal than that? If you have to sign a lease it's a pain but try to read the main points and also ask for rules, like, are there quiet times, no music after 10pm, visitor rules, etc. Verbal "it's okay"'s don't supersede anything written by the way (if you ever watch people's court ;p, most common cases are contractors or landlord-tenant. :)
Derkach77
Junior

Post#23 » by Derkach77 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:16 am

kyrv wrote:
Derkach77 wrote:

Are you signing a lease, or is it less formal than that? If you have to sign a lease it's a pain but try to read the main points and also ask for rules, like, are there quiet times, no music after 10pm, visitor rules, etc. Verbal "it's okay"'s don't supersede anything written by the way (if you ever watch people's court ;p, most common cases are contractors or landlord-tenant. :)

lol. think its slightly less formal than a lease. the rules in general are pretty lenient here. Heck i think our apartment are allowed pets while most aren't. we usually dont blast music too late. we're out by then.
JohnnyNightrain
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,049

Post#24 » by JohnnyNightrain » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:30 am

kyrv wrote:
Derkach77 wrote:

Oops. I hate typing on my iPad.
JohnnyNightrain
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,049

Post#25 » by JohnnyNightrain » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:44 am

Derkach77 wrote:

Yeah, off campus is the best. Though, I took a couple years off between high school and my undergrad and I don't drink/party, so I was an "old man" by the time I got to college. Still, some of the places my friends lived were just madhouses all of the time. My own personal hell is a Taco Bell next to campus bars at 2:00 a.m. I remember one night a guy puked while in line at Taco Bell and then when we went outside another guy was, literally, just standing right next to the door pissing on the sidewalk. Man, I hate drunk people. Ha.

Overall, college is awesome, though. That whole sense of being on your own for the first time with everything feeling "new" is pretty great.
Mbrahv0528
Veteran
And1: 1,315

Post#26 » by Mbrahv0528 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:00 pm

johnnyvann840 wrote:Stay in college as long as you can. If you can become a professional student. Do it. Tap into that government money. Get nine degrees.

Errr that's not quite the way it works..those people end up saddled with thousands and thousands (sometimes hundreds of thousands) of dollars in student loan debt (one of the biggest financial tragedies ever, currently plaguing our generation). If you were being sarcastic, then kudos to you sir.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Derkach77
Junior

Post#27 » by Derkach77 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:17 am

Lol some bitch downstairs called the cops on us for playing to loud tonight. Guess music on a wednesday night is a bad idea lmao. Was mad that the people couldn't just talk to us instead of getting a cop involved.
ingvald
Veteran
And1: 1,861

Post#28 » by ingvald » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:56 pm

lmao at speaker placement being a primary concern. I miss those days.
Honesty is my only excuse.
BullsFan88- the Sig Mamba
-Illmatic-
Head Coach
And1: 97

Post#29 » by -Illmatic- » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:12 pm

Here you go bro: http://illadelphglass.com/

BEST. INVESTMENT. OF ALL TIME.
Derkach77
Junior

Post#30 » by Derkach77 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:31 pm

I like that people hear our music tbh. But we probably went a bit far for a Wednesday night lol.
madvillian
RealGM
And1: 8,711

Post#31 » by madvillian » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:37 pm

ingvald wrote:lmao at speaker placement being a primary concern. I miss those days.

No kidding. I remember back in '04 some rich kid next door in the doorms let us take his gamecube and 37" Sony Trinitron when he went on study abroad. Man, we were pimping in that dorm room.
dumbell78 wrote:Random comment....Mikal Bridges stroke is dripping right now in summer league. Carry on.

I'll go ahead and make a sig bet that Mikal is better by RPM this year than Zach.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#32 » by Bandit King » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:50 pm

I would never put speakers on tables. You can buy Auralex subwoofer pad from amazon to isolate the subwoofer base.
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,380

Post#33 » by drosestruts » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:27 pm

Buy headphones. Problem solved.
drosestruts
General Manager

Post#34 » by drosestruts » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Derkach77 wrote:Lol some bitch downstairs called the cops on us for playing to loud tonight. Guess music on a wednesday night is a bad idea lmao. Was mad that the people couldn't just talk to us instead of getting a cop involved.

Maybe I'm just getting old but I no longer like you after this post. Get some headphones, stop thinking your music tastes are superior and worth shareing. Your music probably sucks.
Gmoney3
Bench Warmer
And1: 445

Post#35 » by Gmoney3 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:22 pm

drosestruts wrote:Buy headphones. Problem solved.

Sounds like a party at Thibs place.
Derkach77
Junior

Post#36 » by Derkach77 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:34 pm

drosestruts wrote:
Derkach77 wrote:Lol some bitch downstairs called the cops on us for playing to loud tonight. Guess music on a wednesday night is a bad idea lmao. Was mad that the people couldn't just talk to us instead of getting a cop involved.

Maybe I'm just getting old but I no longer like you after this post. Get some headphones, stop thinking your music tastes are superior and worth shareing. Your music probably sucks.

Lmao. Age has nothing to do with your level of maturity and ability to be outgoing. Not liking me because I played my music loud as most college students do is kinda hilarious. I know i have good taste in music because ive been told plus I know many artists who are good but not mainstream which shows i do my research lol.....BUT that's not why i play it loud. I play it loud because it's fun. Plus i don't blast it all that much.
drosestruts
General Manager

Post#37 » by drosestruts » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:12 pm

Derkach77 wrote:
drosestruts wrote:

Lmao. Age has nothing to do with your level of maturity and ability to be outgoing. Not liking me because I played my music loud as most college students do is kinda hilarious. I know i have good taste in music because ive been told plus I know many artists who are good but not mainstream which shows i do my research lol.....BUT that's not why i play it loud. I play it loud because it's fun. Plus i don't blast it all that much.

I was more turned off by the "some bitch" line. You made your post around 1am on a Wednesday, reasonable time for someone to not want you blasting music.

In an ideal world a neighbor doesn't call the cops on you without asking personally first.

In a more ideal world a neighbor doesn't participate in behaviors that would lead another neighbor to call the police.

You claim age is no sign of maturity then use your age as an excuse for blasting your music, which is it? Should you get a pass for your age or should you be held to the same standard as everyone else?

Unhead of and uderground does not equal good. For the record.
Derkach77
Junior

Post#38 » by Derkach77 » Sat Nov 1, 2014 11:23 pm

drosestruts wrote:
Derkach77 wrote:
drosestruts wrote:

I was more turned off by the "some bitch" line. You made your post around 1am on a Wednesday, reasonable time for someone to not want you blasting music.

In an ideal world a neighbor doesn't call the cops on you without asking personally first.

In a more ideal world a neighbor doesn't participate in behaviors that would lead another neighbor to call the police.

You claim age is no sign of maturity then use your age as an excuse for blasting your music, which is it? Should you get a pass for your age or should you be held to the same standard as everyone else?

Unhead of and uderground does not equal good. For the record.

Probably wasn't the best choice of words but what's done is done. Lol dude you are trying so hard....music was blasting at 10 and not 1....and of course the people didn't ask me first....never said anything about my age being an excuse...just was saying a general statement. Smh.

Return to Chicago Bulls