Image ImageImage Image

2015 Draft (6/25) - Merged

Moderators: HomoSapien, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet

TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

2015 Draft (6/25) - Merged 

Post#1 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Nov 4, 2014 3:56 pm

Let's fire this thing up.

Should be a good year of college ball. Exhibitions have already started.

Could actually have that Kings pick this year. Exciting!

Who do you guys want in the draft?
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Re: 2014/15 College Basketball/Draft Prospect Thread 

Post#2 » by Proven_Winner » Tue Nov 4, 2014 4:02 pm

Who do I want. Well I would want either Cliff Alexander or Jahlil Okafor, but assuming we get the Kings pick I think we package our pick to move up and get someone like Winslow or may be Stanley.
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,591

Post#3 » by JohnnyTapwater » Tue Nov 4, 2014 4:13 pm

I'm looking for a 2nd, starting caliber, dynamic ball-handling/ scoring guard to help Rose first....Then a Back-up Center..

I don't know who those players are yet...
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 7,005

Post#4 » by Chi town » Tue Nov 4, 2014 4:50 pm

Rose Butler Dougie Fresh are locks for the future.

Ideally I'd like to find Kirk's replacement. I want to draft the next Reggie Jackson. IMO he is the perfect fit behind Rose and Jimmy.

I don't think this draft has that player though.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#5 » by MC3 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 4:59 pm

Hezonja is my guy if we get Kings pick.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Mario-Hezonja-6392/
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#6 » by Proven_Winner » Tue Nov 4, 2014 5:00 pm

Chi town wrote:Rose Butler Dougie Fresh are locks for the future.

Ideally I'd like to find Kirk's replacement. I want to draft the next Reggie Jackson. IMO he is the perfect fit behind Rose and Jimmy.

I don't think this draft has that player though.

Delon Wright, but we could and should always look for some cheap athleticism.

Wright is that Reggie Jackson type of guard.
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#7 » by pylb » Tue Nov 4, 2014 5:05 pm

MC3 wrote:Hezonja is my guy if we get Kings pick.

I think he'll be gone by 11.
poolshark52
Pro Prospect
And1: 472

Post#8 » by poolshark52 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 5:10 pm

I'm thinking with our own pick, maybe Myles Turner. We need to draft a Noah replacement to groom, and not much chance of finding a real good wing as far in the draft as we will be. If not Turner, maybe one of the Kentucky bigs, Daktari or Willie. If we somehow are lucky enough to get the Sac pick, I'd look for a wing there, maybe someone like Powell or Selden if they were available.
Nwaba daba doo!
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#9 » by MC3 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 5:15 pm

pylb wrote:
MC3 wrote:Hezonja is my guy if we get Kings pick.

I think he'll be gone by 11.

Depends if he stay in Europe. Lottery teams could avoid him. This can go in Bulls advantage, collecting assets. We are contenders so we dont need him to come and immediatly contribute. And I hardly imagine he would play minutes.
I can see him as replacement for Dunleavy in future, and with his size he can play in both wings position and play with both Doug and Jimmy.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#10 » by Proven_Winner » Tue Nov 4, 2014 6:01 pm

poolshark52 wrote:I'm thinking with our own pick, maybe Myles Turner. We need to draft a Noah replacement to groom, and not much chance of finding a real good wing as far in the draft as we will be. If not Turner, maybe one of the Kentucky bigs, Daktari or Willie. If we somehow are lucky enough to get the Sac pick, I'd look for a wing there, maybe someone like Powell or Selden if they were available.

If we get the sac pick then we should package it and just get BPA. I would like Selden, but he'll probably be the 15-20 range if he doesn't improve.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#11 » by No-Man » Tue Nov 4, 2014 6:07 pm

If you get the Kings pick, still in the air, the guy should be LeVert, or Justise if he is available (he won't).

With your own pick I like Delon Wright, if you don't use it to trade up, Marc Garcia/Ilimane Diop as stash options, or Marcus Paige to step in for Aaron Brooks role, also Ron Baker, or Norman Powell if he is available that late.

Right now I'd probably give up the Bulls pick and maybe something else, lets say a 2nd rounder, or Snell, to move up from 11th, if you get that pick and be able to select Justise Winslow.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#12 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Nov 4, 2014 6:19 pm

If we get the Kings pick, I wouldn't mind trying to move up a spot or two by combining our pick with it. It's just no point of having 2 rookies on the roster when you're tying to compete for a title.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#13 » by Proven_Winner » Tue Nov 4, 2014 6:22 pm

Red-Bulls83 wrote:If we get the Kings pick, I wouldn't mind trying to move up a spot or two by combining our pick with it. It's just no point of having 2 rookies on the roster when you're tying to compete for a title.

Not only that, but moving up you have a chance to get some pretty nice wing players. No point in getting 2 rooks, but there is always room for a lottery pick.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#14 » by No-Man » Tue Nov 4, 2014 6:37 pm

I think by trading the 11th, plus Snell, the 25-30th pick you will have you might be able to jump 2-3 spots to Draft a Winslow/Oubre/Hezonja type of wing.

Then you can draft&stash an euro in the 2nd round.

I'd probably go with Justise Winslow if I have to chose right now.
Bluewaterheaven
Assistant Coach
And1: 664

Post#15 » by Bluewaterheaven » Tue Nov 4, 2014 6:38 pm

If we get the Kings pick, I want us to trade up and get Stanley Johnson, Wayne Selden, or Caris LeVert in that order. I just love what I see from Johnson. Imagine putting him at SG with Butler at SF. Jesus, the defense would be outrageous.

Johnson is more then Defense though, he has a good handle, he is a good mid-range shooter and can extend to 3 range, and he has incredible BBall-IQ. I think he will be a great player in this league, and if there is a rookie over the next 5-10 year to come out and play defense like Artest or Rodman, this kid is it. He will have once in a generation defense.
Unknown wrote:Dwarves laugh when they run because the grass tickles their balls.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,862

Post#16 » by TheSuzerain » Tue Nov 4, 2014 6:40 pm

Don't think we'd necessarily have to trade up to land one Oubre, Winslow, Hezonja. Definitely won't have to trade up for Selden. He could be there for our late 1st rounder.

If we are picking 11-15, should just sit tight and take whoever falls.

I feel like we could go a lot of ways with that pick should we get it. Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to Tyus Jones.
No-Man
RealGM

Post#17 » by No-Man » Tue Nov 4, 2014 6:44 pm

Bluewaterheaven wrote:If we get the Kings pick, I want us to trade up and get Stanley Johnson, Wayne Selden, or Caris LeVert in that order. I just love what I see from Johnson. Imagine putting him at SG with Butler at SF. Jesus, the defense would be outrageous.

Johnson is more then Defense though, he has a good handle, he is a good mid-range shooter and can extend to 3 range, and he has incredible BBall-IQ. I think he will be a great player in this league, and if there is a rookie over the next 5-10 year to come out and play defense like Artest or Rodman, this kid is it. He will have once in a generation defense.

Selden is not going to be a top10 pick, nor a lottery pick, and actually I have my doubts that he will be a 1st rounder

No need to trade up for LeVert either, he should be slotted in the 10-20 range.

Johnson is probably a top7 pick when it's all said and done.

Johnson and Butler wont work well together, especially with Rose, Gasol and Noah around, you need some shooting.

Winslow will be a better fit for this roster.
Proven_Winner
RealGM

Post#18 » by Proven_Winner » Tue Nov 4, 2014 6:49 pm

Fischella wrote:
Bluewaterheaven wrote:If we get the Kings pick, I want us to trade up and get Stanley Johnson, Wayne Selden, or Caris LeVert in that order. I just love what I see from Johnson. Imagine putting him at SG with Butler at SF. Jesus, the defense would be outrageous.

Selden is not going to be a top10 pick, nor a lottery pick, and actually I have my doubts that he will be a 1st rounder

No need to trade up for LeVert either, he should be slotted in the 10-20 range.

Johnson is probably a top7 pick when it's all said and done.

Johnson and Butler wont work well together, especially with Rose, Gasol and Noah around, you need some shooting.

Winslow will be a better fit for this roster.

We need shooting so we draft Winslow?

I've never seen anyone name shooting as his strength. The scouting reports are basically showing him as jimmy butler lite.
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Post#19 » by Benedict Miller » Tue Nov 4, 2014 6:50 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:Let's fire this thing up.

Should be a good year of college ball. Exhibitions have already started.

Could actually have that Kings pick this year. Exciting!

Who do you guys want in the draft?

Hell yeah! It's that time baby! I love college basketball & love looking at prospects for the Bulls. The bad thing is, is that you beat me to making this thread today. And you're still rocking Melo with a Bulls jersey?

I'm interested in how well Justise Winslow for Duke progresses, I like him as a prospect.
ManualRam
RealGM
And1: 2,748

Post#20 » by ManualRam » Tue Nov 4, 2014 7:05 pm

ec matthews guys. ec matthews.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/E.C.-Matthews-7162/

i hope he'd last til the bulls' pick. who knows, maybe he'll be a big riser a la e.payton, but he's my early candidate for "our guy."
ball-handling, breakdown ability, playmaking, capable shooter, can create his own shot. will also be playing a ton of point this yr at 6'5 so he does have combo guard potential.
idontgiveashtaboutmelo

Return to Chicago Bulls