Image ImageImage Image

2011 NBA DRAFT DO-OVER: Re Casting the first 15 picks.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

yassillio
Rookie
And1: 1,074

Re: 2011 NBA DRAFT DO-OVER: Re Casting the first 15 picks. 

Post#61 » by yassillio » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Unbeata-BULL7 wrote:
mk123 wrote:1.Name of the Player: Kyrie Irving
Original Pick: 1
Do-over Pick: 1
Notes: Easily the best player of the class. Top 10 player and a top 5 PG in the current NBA. It will be interesting to see how his game will evolve in the next couple of years playing with James and Love.

Sorry... but just no. Great offensive talent but I just can't understand why people want to anoint this guy as something great when he's accomplished next to nothing as a pro.

P.S. OP, not trying to hate on ya. I like the thread :D

I wouldn't take Kyrie at number 1 either, but let's be real. Butler/ Kawahi / Klay or anyone else for that matter wouldn't be considered a franchise changing player. So if either of those guys were the best player on their respective teams ( Klay without Curry and Lee , KAwahi without the big 3 and Butler without Rose and Noah) wouldn't come close to contention. So to say Kyrie hasn't accomplished anything ....Well that's a given, he was their best player before Lebron came in. Taking Waiters, Bennet and TT is a recipe for disaster.
Leo: I tell players all the time
Unbeata-BULL7
Senior
And1: 293

Post#62 » by Unbeata-BULL7 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:04 am

yassillio wrote:
Unbeata-BULL7 wrote:
mk123 wrote:1.Name of the Player: Kyrie Irving
Original Pick: 1
Do-over Pick: 1
Notes: Easily the best player of the class. Top 10 player and a top 5 PG in the current NBA. It will be interesting to see how his game will evolve in the next couple of years playing with James and Love.

Sorry... but just no. Great offensive talent but I just can't understand why people want to anoint this guy as something great when he's accomplished next to nothing as a pro.

P.S. OP, not trying to hate on ya. I like the thread :D

I wouldn't take Kyrie at number 1 either, but let's be real. Butler/ Kawahi / Klay or anyone else for that matter wouldn't be considered a franchise changing player. So if either of those guys were the best player on their respective teams ( Klay without Curry and Lee , KAwahi without the big 3 and Butler without Rose and Noah) wouldn't come close to contention. So to say Kyrie hasn't accomplished anything ....Well that's a given, he was their best player before Lebron came in. Taking Waiters, Bennet and TT is a recipe for disaster.

I didn't say I wouldn't necessarily take him at #1 in a re-draft, I was simply referring to the OP's assertion that he's a top 10 player in the NBA. And I wouldn't expect those Cleveland teams to be "contenders", but there's no reason why Kyrie couldn't carry that squad to the Playoffs in the Eastern Conference when the 8th seed was 6 games below .500... that is, if he's THAT good.

For the record, I'm not saying Kyrie isn't a great player because he is. I was just refuting that he's a top 10 player.
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#63 » by No-Man » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:39 pm

Kyrie is not a top10 player, top5 PG is close though, but he is still clearly the top prospect from the 2011 class, and I'd say is not even close.
Thompson is a distant second.

Return to Chicago Bulls