Image ImageImage Image

PG: Hobbled, our favorite word

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Re: PG: Hobbled, our favorite word 

Post#221 » by cammac » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:17 am

KingCuban wrote:Is Thibs the leprechaun?

Chicago is a talented team but right now and most of the recent past have been more of a mash unit'
Don't think leprechauns, rainbow or pots of gold will change that too many key players fragile Rose, Gasol & Noah. Taj is a tough guy but even he is out and hopefully not rushed back.

Chicago is a little overhyped by the fans but then so are the Raptors. Right now they are 1 or 4 legitimate teams in the East with Washington, Raptors and Cleveland when they can mesh as a team. To say Chicago is the best is a significant stretch needing perfect health and all players playing to the top of there games.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#222 » by kingkirk » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:30 am

cammac wrote:Chicago is a talented team but right now and most of the recent past have been more of a mash unit'
Don't think leprechauns, rainbow or pots of gold will change that too many key players fragile Rose, Gasol & Noah. Taj is a tough guy but even he is out and hopefully not rushed back.

Chicago is a little overhyped by the fans but then so are the Raptors. Right now they are 1 or 4 legitimate teams in the East with Washington, Raptors and Cleveland when they can mesh as a team. To say Chicago is the best is a significant stretch needing perfect health and all players playing to the top of there games.

Not sure what you mean by a mash unit?

We can analyize every team in the East and can come up with 10+ reasons as to why they won't win anything significant.

The Bulls being healthy is not a home run, but we have as good as chance as any.
cammac
General Manager
And1: 6,216

Post#223 » by cammac » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:36 am

KingCuban wrote:
cammac wrote:Chicago is a talented team but right now and most of the recent past have been more of a mash unit'

Not sure what you mean by a mash unit?

We can analyize every team in the East and can come up with 10+ reasons as to why they won't win anything significant.

The Bulls being healthy is not a home run, but we have as good as chance as any.

Mash unit is where injured troops are taken after being wounded to have triage either they are patched up and returned to duty, sent for rehab and operation and of coarse those who won't make it RIP. Obviously Chicago have none of the 3rd category except maybe players on the trading block.
kingkirk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,765

Post#224 » by kingkirk » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:39 am

cammac wrote:
Mash unit is where injured troops are taken after being wounded to have triage either they are patched up and returned to duty, sent for rehab and operation and of coarse those who won't make it RIP. Obviously Chicago have none of the 3rd category except maybe players on the trading block.

I see.

Based on that then, we're going to have as much success as the tv show Mash, and be immortalised forever just like the show.
maynardo
Bench Warmer
And1: 874

Post#225 » by maynardo » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:53 am

After this win Toronto is a legit contender for the #1 seed in the east, if this trend continues the bulls and the cavs could face each other in the conference semis
Rerisen
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,052

Post#226 » by Rerisen » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:42 am

It's quite possible the best 3 or 4 teams in the whole league are in the West.

Toronto has a nice start but needs to keep it up for a while before being thrown into a legit contender. Raps currently have the 2nd lowest SoS.
Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Post#227 » by Leto » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:07 pm

I'm not worried about Toronto. I just want our guys to get back healthy. We out match them at literally every position on the floor. And, we out match them at every position off the floor including the coach and the bench. A healthy Bulls squad will steam roll the Raps.
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,321

Post#228 » by Stratmaster » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:22 pm

Keller61 wrote:
dumbell78 wrote:
Ice Man wrote:Not to be snide, but what was that thread about how we owe Aaron Brooks an apology?

That brother needs to apologize to every PG that ever picked up a basketball.

Nate was bad as a starter too. I don't think we should get too critical of a guy playing outside of his role.

Unless, of course, his name is Kirk Hinrich
Stratmaster
RealGM
And1: 8,321

Post#229 » by Stratmaster » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Jax Teller wrote:Just a few games ago most people were singing Brooks praises. Even had a thread started because of it. A few games later he sucks and should be benched. Brooks has been awesome this year but is not going to be effective starting as our PG on the road in difficult arenas against good teams. He is a great player for the role he is supposed to be in, but when the two PG ahead of him are injury prone he is forced into a role he will not succeed in.

I am not a Brooks fan. I expect I am one of the guys that apology thread was aimed at. But yes, after 1 game, Moore has been promoted in the eyes of this board, and it is to the point of ridiculousness.

Niko sucks, now he should be they guy.

Doug can't shoot. Even though he has actually shot pretty well other than his 3 point shot. But neither his overall, or his 3 point shooting, has been in enough volume to make any kind of assessment.

Noah isn't trying and his offense and defense sucks. Even though he is a notoriously slow starter with the added issue of coming off a knee injury. A notoriously slow starter who still made all-nba last season.

Hinrich sucks. Because he doesn't score and the team doesn't look as good with him in there instead of Rose. Duh. I guess your back-up player is supposed to morph into an all-star because he keeps having to play in place of said all-star.

Brooks sucks. Because he is a guy on the bench for one reason (come in and get buckets when the offense stagnates, but now he has to start (see Hinrich comments above).
CousinOfDeath
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,260

Post#230 » by CousinOfDeath » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Jax Teller wrote:
CousinOfDeath wrote:I'm starting to hate Thibs, not because of minutes but because of how terrible every player on this team is at outside shooting.

Watch basically any other team in the NBA and their players will consistently hit open jumpers. Nobody on the Bulls can do that. We bring in guys that are supposed to be shooters and they instantly forget how to shoot and brick everything. It makes no sense.

What does this have to do with Thibs? You hate Thibs because our players miss jumpers? If yo want to blame someone blame GarPax for bringing these guys in who can't shoot.

The only explanation I can think of for guys who have been good shooters in the past coming in and bricking everything is a lack of practice, which is Thibs' decision. They probably only practice defense.
suckfish wrote:Reminder: NBA players are stupid.
Jax Teller
Sixth Man
And1: 934

Post#231 » by Jax Teller » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:12 pm

CousinOfDeath wrote:
Jax Teller wrote:
CousinOfDeath wrote:I'm starting to hate Thibs, not because of minutes but because of how terrible every player on this team is at outside shooting.

Watch basically any other team in the NBA and their players will consistently hit open jumpers. Nobody on the Bulls can do that. We bring in guys that are supposed to be shooters and they instantly forget how to shoot and brick everything. It makes no sense.

What does this have to do with Thibs? You hate Thibs because our players miss jumpers? If yo want to blame someone blame GarPax for bringing these guys in who can't shoot.

The only explanation I can think of for guys who have been good shooters in the past coming in and bricking everything is a lack of practice, which is Thibs' decision. They probably only practice defense.

Sorry, I just don't buy these guys don't practice jumpers enough. On the contrary, I would expect NBA players to practice jump shots more than anything else they do. Even if its not official practice time these guys are constantly shooting jumpers. These guys not hitting jumpers has nothing to do with Thibs, they just need to step up start hitting them in actual games or the front office needs to get players who will. Probably shoot lights out in practice.
CousinOfDeath
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,260

Post#232 » by CousinOfDeath » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:12 am

Jax Teller wrote:
CousinOfDeath wrote:
Jax Teller wrote:

Sorry, I just don't buy these guys don't practice jumpers enough. On the contrary, I would expect NBA players to practice jump shots more than anything else they do. Even if its not official practice time these guys are constantly shooting jumpers. These guys not hitting jumpers has nothing to do with Thibs, they just need to step up start hitting them in actual games or the front office needs to get players who will. Probably shoot lights out in practice.

Confidence to shoot in games is a byproduct of shooting so much that it becomes almost a subconscious action. The best shooters don't have some sort of mental willpower to make shots in games that they also make in practice, they've put in more work than anybody else on their shot. It's pretty obvious that our players don't have that confidence, even guys who have been lights out shooters in the past.
suckfish wrote:Reminder: NBA players are stupid.
unknownnewbie
General Manager
And1: 1,294

Post#233 » by unknownnewbie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:31 am

updated injury report for tomorrow's game vs Utah, per KC Johnson

Taj Gibson is out (the team sent him back to Chicago), Hinrich is doubtful, Rose is questionable, Gasol is probable

The Bulls sent Taj Gibson back to Chicago to have the left ankle he now has sprained three times in seven months examined by team physician Brian Cole. Gibson will miss the back-to-back set of games beginning Monday in Utah at least, and coach Tom Thibodeau said Cole would determine whether Gibson would rejoin the team by Friday’s matinee in Boston. There were more encouraging developments. Derrick Rose and Pau Gasol both participated in Sunday’s session at the Trail Blazers’ practice facility. Gasol said chances are “pretty high” he’ll return from missing three games with a strained left calf on Monday. Kirk Hinrich, who missed Friday’s loss to the Trail Blazers with bruised ribs and a chest contusion, did limited portions of practice but is doubtful for Monday.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... story.html
jacoby1us
General Manager
And1: 1,610

Post#234 » by jacoby1us » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:49 am

Why does this keep happening over and over again to our team?
I would not wish this on my worse enemy. This is not good for basketball, teams like to compete against the best, does it even feel the same to beat a team that you know is subpar due to being severely hampered by injuries to their star players?

We need to wrap these jokers up in bubble wrap until freaking mid April. (SMFH)
#TREADMILLCLUBFAN
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,583

Post#235 » by Ice Man » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:36 pm

jacoby1us wrote:We need to wrap these jokers up in bubble wrap until freaking mid April. (SMFH)

How would that help? We wrapped them up in bubble wrap all summer. By the time Game 1 of the season began Jimmy Butler was hurt, and in Game 2 Taj and Derrick got hurt. And regular season basketball is less strenuous than the playoffs.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#236 » by ATRAIN53 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:01 pm

After watching the Bulls get killed by Portland on Friday....
watching the Cavs get beat by the Spurs....
We can hang with Toronto. They are beatable.

but I realized who is going to win the East this year - Washington.

They are deep, they have some legit scorers including Pierce now - and they are hungry.
I think these guys can outlast us, CLE and TOR in a 7 game series.

Durant has to be looking at that situation and wondering.......
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,583

Post#237 » by Ice Man » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:15 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:After watching the Bulls get killed by Portland on Friday....

Eh. We might be healthy. We probably beat the Wizards if we are. Or the Cavs might sort it out. I could also see Toronto and Miami beating the Wizards in a playoff series, if things break right. A long ways to go yet.
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#238 » by Ari_Emanuel » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:10 am

ATRAIN53 wrote:After watching the Bulls get killed by Portland on Friday....

They are deep, they have some legit scorers including Pierce now - and they are hungry.
I think these guys can outlast us, CLE and TOR in a 7 game series.

Durant has to be looking at that situation and wondering.......

Toronto has owned Washington since the Raps new young nucleus has come together... we ain't worried about them. We match up very well with the Wiz.
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.

Return to Chicago Bulls