Image ImageImage Image

PG: Hobbled, our favorite word

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,899

Re: PG: Hobbled, our favorite word 

Post#161 » by weneeda2guard » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:17 pm

4 more easy games coming up. Hopefully with the injuries and rose coming back we can go 2-2 or 3-1 and get back home and pile up wins in December and janurary.

And hopefully the injuries hitting us early will equal health going into the playoffs.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Bulls69
Head Coach
And1: 411

Post#162 » by Bulls69 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:33 pm

PowerGasol wrote:Hi from Spain

I told yours, Nikola is more NBA ready than you could think. He is not going to be the next Nowitzky, sorry, not at all. But he can score and help the team with his clarividence. He has competed in one of the best teams in Europe, with Real Madrid(some team where is playing Cristiano Ronaldo, you Know?) in the Basketball section . Twice a finalist in Europe, and twice finalist in the Spanish league in the last two years. He played for four years at one of the best teams in Europe, with more pressure. Professional for the last five years, he has been playing last season more than 90 games. Sorry but is not the same level as playing in the university. For this reason he is more ready to handle the preasure and get them, he is a good teamate, is a scorer but not selfish.

In my opinion, again: he should play, more or less, but not five minutes, even with Pau and Taj healthy he should play.

On the other hand, talking about Pau: if you do not watch his minutes on the court, Pau is going to be hurt again, he can not play 40 minutes, its very simple, it is better to play less, even though it may lose some games. It is preferable to keep him in good condition , eventually it's best option. What matters is the playoffs , get healthy, strong and playing as a team. If this is not understood Bulls have no chance of ring. Same with Rose.

You are right the kid can shoot by years end Niko is going to be a important real threat going into the playoffs I like Niko alot.
Knicksgod wrote: I know LeBron won't go to Chicago. There could be another surprise team, but if he leaves Cleveland, then teaming with Bosh and Gallo in NYC is a likely scenario.
dawhizz
Rookie
And1: 380

Post#163 » by dawhizz » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:34 pm

"I'd go with Tyrus Thomas at small forward." - Sam Smith
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,544

Post#164 » by Ice Man » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:48 pm

kodo wrote:Taj has been playing through a bad ankle since the summer.

This is why I support Rose & Gasol sitting out, because playing injured yields this.

I don't know what you are proposing. Taj spent months not playing this summer. He sat out, month after month after month. Where did that get him? Where is there a shred of evidence that sitting out works for injury prevention?
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#165 » by RememberLu » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Does anyone have any conclusive data about where the Bulls ranks in terms of injuries compared to the league? I suspect being decimated by injuries isn't uncommon even though it feels like we're cursed.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#166 » by Ice Man » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:53 pm

Chi town wrote:Brooks should only play in the Pargo role as a scorer when we are in a drought.

Agreed.

I don't understand the Brooks signing. Kendrick Marshall was available at the time. Kendrick is a point guard. Brooks is a little guy who shoots. Not the same thing as being a PG. Even if Kendrick's defense is as bad as Brooks's -- probably not -- Kendrick is still the better fit for the Bulls because he will get shots for Niko, Doug, Taj, etc. Brooks does not get shots for guys who are not named Aaron.

Well enough about him, Moore was not a true PG but he made an effort at it and was clearly better than Brooks. Make it the Moore era.
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#167 » by SpinninHouse » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:09 pm

RememberLu wrote:Does anyone have any conclusive data about where the Bulls ranks in terms of injuries compared to the league? I suspect being decimated by injuries isn't uncommon even though it feels like we're cursed.

Every year we're the most injured team in the NBA by a wide margin. What's happened to OKC this year happens to us every single season.

Injury prone players + Thibs = ravaged with injuries 100% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#168 » by Ice Man » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:13 pm

SpinninHouse wrote:Injury prone players + Thibs = ravaged with injuries 100% of the time.

Taj wasn't overplayed. He has been 25 - 30 minutes per game, with a couple of exceptions. If the Bulls sign players who can't handle 25 to 30 minutes a night, that problem is not on Thibs.
Jax Teller
Sixth Man
And1: 934

Post#169 » by Jax Teller » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:17 pm

Just a few games ago most people were singing Brooks praises. Even had a thread started because of it. A few games later he sucks and should be benched. Brooks has been awesome this year but is not going to be effective starting as our PG on the road in difficult arenas against good teams. He is a great player for the role he is supposed to be in, but when the two PG ahead of him are injury prone he is forced into a role he will not succeed in.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#170 » by Ice Man » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Jax Teller wrote:Just a few games ago most people were singing Brooks praises.

Not me. I don't like his game as a rotation player. He is a solo act. He kills the ball with the dribble, does not find his teammates with passes, and defends poorly. He is fine as an emergency chucker, to be used situationally, but I don't think he belongs in the normal rotation.
McBulls
General Manager
And1: 3,564

Post#171 » by McBulls » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:43 pm

Ice Man wrote:
kodo wrote:Taj has been playing through a bad ankle since the summer.

This is why I support Rose & Gasol sitting out, because playing injured yields this.

I don't know what you are proposing. Taj spent months not playing this summer. He sat out, month after month after month. Where did that get him? Where is there a shred of evidence that sitting out works for injury prevention?

Just following his leader and insisting on being 110% before risking aches and pains in his old age.

Jordan's banner needs to be lowered to within 6" of the part of the bench where undressed players sit.
RSP83
Head Coach
And1: 3,904

Post#172 » by RSP83 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:44 pm

swarley081989 wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xq4CZ0mqE8[/youtube]

That move at 0:45 is enough to make me forget about this loss. Hopefully this is his coming out party. The guy is still a liability on defense. But can you imagine a guy with that much offense capability buried in our bench? Thibs need to keep him in regular rotation when everybody comes back. The guy is easily a 20 ppg type talent in the future. A mismatch nightmare.
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#173 » by Mech Engineer » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:53 pm

I wonder how much the big minutes in Sacramento plus getting late to the arena hurt Taj. Don't they need to stretch a little bit before the game? His ankle was already sore.

Noah looking like crap, Gasol & Taj hurt, Mirotic with a thumb injury....the front court depth is an illusion
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#174 » by Indomitable » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:04 pm

[e] wrote:
musiqsoulchild wrote:Get well Taj.

Niko's got your back.

Whats the status on Nazr? We actually need him a lot...like for 12 MPG. Noah's gassed and just not where he needs to be yet.

Nazr looked terrible tonight. Cam should be playing over him, at least getting Cam minutes could pay dividends in the future. Playing Nazr does nothing.

QFT
:banghead:
lostonbase
Starter
And1: 277

Post#175 » by lostonbase » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:08 pm

Hobbled, makes think why not try Oden on a 10 day try out?
mk123
Senior
And1: 253

Post#176 » by mk123 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:11 pm

samwana wrote:
mk123 wrote:
unknownnewbie wrote:

Suffered a sprained left ankle when he stepped on the foot of one of Portland's players. Couldn't put any weight on it really when he left the floor.

Oh mother..

Do we even have a starting 5 now?

That's Rose, Kirk, Pau and Gasol now. **** me.

Hopefully both Pau and Gasol come back soon, we would have 40% of our starters back, do we?? :lol:

That just made me sadder, dude. We can’t catch a **** break. :noway:
mk123
Senior
And1: 253

Post#177 » by mk123 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:23 pm

I will be the glass half full guy. At least this is not April and none of those injuries are major. With no bad luck we should be fit and fine in December. Fcuk the circus trip. If we are the 4th seed, who gives.
Mission: Playoffs with a healthy squad!
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#178 » by SpinninHouse » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Ice Man wrote:
SpinninHouse wrote:Injury prone players + Thibs = ravaged with injuries 100% of the time.

Taj wasn't overplayed. He has been 25 - 30 minutes per game, with a couple of exceptions. If the Bulls sign players who can't handle 25 to 30 minutes a night, that problem is not on Thibs.

Did you read the first part? Injury prone players.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#179 » by Indomitable » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Jello Biafra wrote:
PowerGasol wrote:Hi from Spain

I told yours, Nikola is more NBA ready than you could think. He is not going to be the next Nowitzky, sorry, not at all. But he can score and help the team with his clarividence. He has competed in one of the best teams in Europe, with Real Madrid(some team where is playing Cristiano Ronaldo, you Know?) in the Basketball section . Twice a finalist in Europe, and twice finalist in the Spanish league in the last two years. He played for four years at one of the best teams in Europe, with more pressure. Professional for the last five years, he has been playing last season more than 90 games. Sorry but is not the same level as playing in the university. For this reason he is more ready to handle the preasure and get them, he is a good teamate, is a scorer but not selfish.

In my opinion, again: he should play, more or less, but not five minutes, even with Pau and Taj healthy he should play.

On the other hand, talking about Pau: if you do not watch his minutes on the court, Pau is going to be hurt again, he can not play 40 minutes, its very simple, it is better to play less, even though it may lose some games. It is preferable to keep him in good condition , eventually it's best option. What matters is the playoffs , get healthy, strong and playing as a team. If this is not understood Bulls have no chance of ring. Same with Rose.

We can see he is not Nowitzki. Although they are both ugly as hell, Niko is way more athletic. By the way, if I was a Spaniard, I wouldn't claim Niko. Most Spanish athletes are relatively good looking. Not that all Slavs are ugly but my god Niko, ditch the beard and get your teeth fixed. I think the Bulls would win more games if Niko, Snell and Bairstow were on the floor together, especially if Snell grew back the corn rows, as their combined ugliness would scare and distract opposing teams into submission.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Indomitable
RealGM

Post#180 » by Indomitable » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Chi town wrote:1. Brooks is the worst PG defender in the league.

2. Moore makes the 2nd unit much better overall and he will help Niko and Doug find their rhythm.

3. Snell is quietly starting to play consistent and his D is an asset

4. Brooks should only play in the Pargo role as a scorer when we are in a drought.

I agree with you

Return to Chicago Bulls