Image ImageImage Image

Taj Gibson Sprains Ankle

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Re: Taj Gibson Sprains Ankle 

Post#21 » by WindyCityBorn » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:56 pm

BigUps wrote:I expect he will be out a month. That's just me throwing a guess out there. The sad thing is that he may beat Rose back to the court.

This is a blow, but its part of the game. Move on with the next guy. No excuses. In the end, this will only make us stronger.

No it will make us go on the road for every playoff series. Not a recipe for winning anything.
RebuildaBulls
Analyst
And1: 756

Post#22 » by RebuildaBulls » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:14 pm

Hes probably out 2 weeks or something, but at least Gasol is coming back and Mirotic will have plenty of time to get some quality NBA experience
RebuildaBulls
Analyst
And1: 756

Post#23 » by RebuildaBulls » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:15 pm

Whatever happened to hightops lol
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#24 » by Wingy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:18 pm

I hope he sits, that didn't look good. He shouted in pain and I don't take Taj for a drama queen.

Everyone remember when he was gutting it through injuries a year or two ago?

His play suffered immensely and lots of people here said he sucked. It's all about the playoffs. We do need some chemistry, but now is not the time to force it.

I feel bad for Taj, but sadly this is what will force Thibs into finally mixing his lineups.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,959

Post#25 » by Wingy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:22 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
BigUps wrote:I expect he will be out a month. That's just me throwing a guess out there. The sad thing is that he may beat Rose back to the court.

This is a blow, but its part of the game. Move on with the next guy. No excuses. In the end, this will only make us stronger.

No it will make us go on the road for every playoff series. Not a recipe for winning anything.

Overrated IMO if you're truly the better team.

HCA is lost in one game. You kill guys all regular season and then HCA can be taken again...in one game. Pretty sure this squad isn't scared one bit about stepping into the legendary arenas of Washington and Toronto.
cubbiefan009
Assistant Coach
And1: 539

Post#26 » by cubbiefan009 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:40 pm

Let Taj sit until Christmas. Pau will be back anyways next week and Mirotic can handle 16-18 minutes.

Props to Taj for being so tough. Love him.
trulyimpulse
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#27 » by trulyimpulse » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:51 pm

Not worried about it. More experience for Mirotic. As long as were healthy for the playoffs. I take more satisfaction in seeing our new players grow rather than winning. That's just me though

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums mobile app
SpinninHouse
RealGM
And1: 2,725

Post#28 » by SpinninHouse » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:05 pm

fleet wrote:
gstephanopulos wrote:Quick question. Little aside from Gibson ankle.

How come our training stuff have a job?

It sounds as if Taj has had a semi-serious ankle problem for months that somebody has not done a good enough job managing.

That aside, the Bulls roster is simply full of injury prone guys. Play them, dont play them. Stretch them better, massage them a different way. Hire whoever you want to put them on any new program you want. Play them on restricted minutes, dont play them restricted minutes. Doesn't really matter. If they have a healthy roster roster playoffs time, consider it pure luck

We have a one in a hundred chance of being healthy come playoff. We have to catch lightning in a bottle and realistically this season is our only chance.

I'd put the odds at 99-to-1 that we are completely ravaged with injuries come spring.

If Gasol and Rose don't play next game, it will take 35 points from Niko or Jimmy to get the W.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
FIRE THE JOHN "THE SNAKE" PAXSON, FOR GARMAN, AND FRED HOIBERGER.

#CHICAGOBULLS
logical_art
RealGM
And1: 3,671

Post#29 » by logical_art » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:05 pm

cubbiefan009 wrote:Let Taj sit until Christmas. Pau will be back anyways next week and Mirotic can handle 16-18 minutes.

Props to Taj for being so tough. Love him.

We need Mirotic to play 30 minutes.
Bandit King
Analyst
And1: 1,145

Post#30 » by Bandit King » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Means we finally play MIRO more often and let the future of the bulls come together.
Chicago Bulls Basketball - The Continuity
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,592

Post#31 » by Ice Man » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:15 pm

logical_art wrote:We need Mirotic to play 30 minutes.

Then he will get hurt too. What we need is a 12-man rotation with each guy getting 20 minutes. Then perhaps the team can stay sorta kinda healthy.
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#32 » by RememberLu » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:16 pm

Ice Man wrote:
logical_art wrote:We need Mirotic to play 30 minutes.

Then he will get hurt too. What we need is a 12-man rotation with each guy getting 20 minutes. Then perhaps the team can stay sorta kinda healthy.

already is hurt
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#33 » by Indomitable » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:37 pm

Hans Embiid wrote:Looks like everybody is pissed at Rose. I would be too if the whole team fights through adversity and injuries and Glass Rose refuses to play.

:crazy: :crazy: :noway: :noway: :banghead: :banghead:
:banghead:
JohnnyKILLroy
RealGM
And1: 4,335

Post#34 » by JohnnyKILLroy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:38 pm

More Bairstow!!! Yay!
What is happiness? It's a moment before you need more happiness.” — Don Draper
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,123

Post#35 » by BahamaBull » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:49 pm

I just cant understand that as well...Jen, the chinese guy (who looks more than Rose psychologist than trainer)...I mean the whole staff...They just cant get people healthy...
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,242

Post#36 » by TimRobbins » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:01 pm

fleet wrote:

It sounds as if Taj has had a semi-serious ankle problem for months that somebody has not done a good enough job managing.

That aside, the Bulls roster is simply full of injury prone guys. Play them, dont play them. Stretch them better, massage them a different way. Hire whoever you want to put them on any new program you want. Play them on restricted minutes, dont play them restricted minutes. Doesn't really matter. If they have a healthy roster roster playoffs time, consider it pure luck

At this point, it should be considered a miracle.
Payt10
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 9,200

Post#37 » by Payt10 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:08 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:

Or worse, they could conceivably miss the post-season all together if this ultra conservative approach keeps up. Thank god Jimmy and Joakim haven't sat out with their injuries yet or you'd be witnessing a tank team on the floor right now.

This team just has too many players that are always hurt. Sooner or later these guys will have to play through some of this stuff before they look up and see themselves having to fight like hell in February to get into the post-season. Either people grossly over-estimate the amount of depth on this team or are just being willfully ignorant.

I have no issue resting players who are hurt, but I do have a problem with some of these people who are clamoring for this extra unnecessary rest. That's when you start getting yourself into trouble.
"All I want to do is grab somebody and bang nowadays" -Brad Miller
Ring_Me
Rookie
And1: 588

Post#38 » by Ring_Me » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:48 pm

As long as we're healthy come playoff time and we have home advantage most of the series, we are still in this to win it all.
"Do not go gentle into that good night." :starwars
DRoseCantStop
RealGM
And1: 3,371

Post#39 » by DRoseCantStop » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:54 pm

Wingy wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Overrated IMO if you're truly the better team.

HCA is lost in one game. You kill guys all regular season and then HCA can be taken again...in one game. Pretty sure this squad isn't scared one bit about stepping into the legendary arenas of Washington and Toronto.

I like seeing this team demolish opponents in their own home anyway.
RememberLu
RealGM
And1: 8,448

Post#40 » by RememberLu » Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Ring_Me wrote:As long as we're healthy come playoff time and we have home advantage most of the series, we are still in this to win it all.

We should change our name to the 'If Healthy Bulls'

Return to Chicago Bulls