Image ImageImage Image

Rockets released Francisco Garcia

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Leto
RealGM
And1: 468

Re: Rockets released Francisco Garcia 

Post#21 » by Leto » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:09 am

I don't get the Jeff Green idea. He can't shoot from the outside and we would be starting 5 guys who shoot less than 35% from three. Every team in the league would play all 5 guys with at least one foot in the paint against us. We need a guy like Wilson Chandler--- not Jeff Green.

And wow. I didn't know Garcia was so bad this year.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#22 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:04 am

Garcia just needs a change of scenery and 2-3 good games.. I think Snell if traded to Boston as example and he would play 4-5 games with 25min avg. he would get his SL groove back.. be a solid bench player
whodey
Starter
And1: 169

Post#23 » by whodey » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:46 pm

I think we should hold out till late January and let the pretenders and contenders be figured out.

At this point, Gibson looks like he's expendable, but I need to see more of Noah playing consistently with his knee issues before we pull that trigger.

The question is, are we a more balanced team after the following trade?

Noah for Chandler, Mozgov. I would rather it be Gibson and Snell. But I'm not sure Denver takes that package. But getting Mozgov back gives us a 20 mpg backup center. It balances our roster as well. Gasol alongside Gibson. Mozgov alongside Mirotic.

Both Chandler and Mozgov would be locked up next year as well. McBuckets could replace Dunleavy in the rotation next year.
whodey
Starter

Post#24 » by whodey » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:48 pm

Leto wrote:I don't get the Jeff Green idea. He can't shoot from the outside and we would be starting 5 guys who shoot less than 35% from three. Every team in the league would play all 5 guys with at least one foot in the paint against us. We need a guy like Wilson Chandler--- not Jeff Green.

I don't like the Jeff Green idea because I don't think we can afford him this offseason after signing Butler.
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,948

Post#25 » by Axl Rose » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:00 pm

he was released for a good reason, hes terrible

its why they traded for Brewer in the first place
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
Leto
RealGM

Post#26 » by Leto » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:40 pm

whodey wrote:I think we should hold out till late January and let the pretenders and contenders be figured out.

At this point, Gibson looks like he's expendable, but I need to see more of Noah playing consistently with his knee issues before we pull that trigger.

Noah for Chandler, Mozgov. I would rather it be Gibson and Snell. But I'm not sure Denver takes that package. But getting Mozgov back gives us a 20 mpg backup center. It balances our roster as well. Gasol alongside Gibson. Mozgov alongside Mirotic.

Both Chandler and Mozgov would be locked up next year as well. McBuckets could replace Dunleavy in the rotation next year.

I don't think it needs to be either Noah or Gibson. We can send Dunleavy, Snell, Moore and picks to get Chandler. So, why exactly would we send Noah or Gibson?
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#27 » by Jvaughn » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:36 pm

AirGordon7 wrote:he was released for a good reason, hes terrible

I don't get why we didn't trade for Brewer. He was essentially gifted away for some 2nd round picks.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
whodey
Starter

Post#28 » by whodey » Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:50 pm

Leto wrote:
whodey wrote:I think we should hold out till late January and let the pretenders and contenders be figured out.

I don't think it needs to be either Noah or Gibson. We can send Dunleavy, Snell, Moore and picks to get Chandler. So, why exactly would we send Noah or Gibson?

1. Salary - Wilson Chandler has a buyout option at $2 million next year. But I think he's worth the $7.2 million next year. With Butler's salary probably ballooning to say $14 million next year, I think we have to cut salary somewhere. If we only give up Dunleavy, an expiring, Snell, owed $1.5 million next year, and Moore. Then we would essentially be adding about $21 million to our books next year after signing Butler and not cutting Chandler.

But if we dump Taj, then we're adding about $12.5 million with Butler resigned. $17.5 million with Mozgov included in that deal. Which is only a $3.5 million difference, but that will be a tax payment.

And, both Mozgov and Chandler come off the books after next season. While Taj is still owed $9 million in 2016-2017. Chicago, considering the new tv deal, could have about $20-$25 million in cap space in the summer of 2016. That gives us the ability to give Noah a deal and really re-tool our roster moving forward. I heard this guy named Durant becomes a free agent in the summer of 2016 as well. But to get Durant, I think we'd have to either let Gasol and McBuckets go or let Noah walk that summer.

2. We don't need Taj anymore and Mozgov gives us a perfect backup center to play 15-20 minutes per game off the bench. Mirotic should be getting 20-25 mpg now anyway, so where's the minutes for Gibson? I'm not even sure Denver would do that deal to be honest. Mozgov is averaging 9.5 points and 8 rebounds per game in about 26 mpg and they already have Faried, so I doubt they want Gibson. Maybe a third team like Houston, Golden State, or Toronto get involved that could use Taj. Although I would hate to see Taj join Toronto, that would really complete their team.
Leto
RealGM

Post#29 » by Leto » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:20 pm

whodey wrote:
Leto wrote:

1. Salary - Wilson Chandler has a buyout option at $2 million next year. But I think he's worth the $7.2 million next year. With Butler's salary probably ballooning to say $14 million next year, I think we have to cut salary somewhere. If we only give up Dunleavy, an expiring, Snell, owed $1.5 million next year, and Moore. Then we would essentially be adding about $21 million to our books next year after signing Butler and not cutting Chandler.

But if we dump Taj, then we're adding about $12.5 million with Butler resigned. $17.5 million with Mozgov included in that deal. Which is only a $3.5 million difference, but that will be a tax payment.

And, both Mozgov and Chandler come off the books after next season. While Taj is still owed $9 million in 2016-2017. Chicago, considering the new tv deal, could have about $20-$25 million in cap space in the summer of 2016. That gives us the ability to give Noah a deal and really re-tool our roster moving forward. I heard this guy named Durant becomes a free agent in the summer of 2016 as well. But to get Durant, I think we'd have to either let Gasol and McBuckets go or let Noah walk that summer.

2. We don't need Taj anymore and Mozgov gives us a perfect backup center to play 15-20 minutes per game off the bench. Mirotic should be getting 20-25 mpg now anyway, so where's the minutes for Gibson? I'm not even sure Denver would do that deal to be honest. Mozgov is averaging 9.5 points and 8 rebounds per game in about 26 mpg and they already have Faried, so I doubt they want Gibson. Maybe a third team like Houston, Golden State, or Toronto get involved that could use Taj. Although I would hate to see Taj join Toronto, that would really complete their team.

1) Mozgov is not playing 15-20 minutes with Gasol and Noah on the team.

2) This makes our P&R defense even worse--which is why Gasol got benched last night.

3) If you substitute Gasol for Taj in this trade, I might be more inclined to agree.

Edit add: 4) I want Chandler to stay on this team after this season for 7 mil. That's exactly what we need.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#30 » by DanTown8587 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:23 pm

Jvaughn wrote:

I don't get why we didn't trade for Brewer. He was essentially gifted away for some 2nd round picks.

Two reasons

1. He's horrific offensively
and
2. The Bulls had no contracts to match a deal

There was no good deal to get Brewer.
DanTown8587
RealGM

Post#31 » by DanTown8587 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:26 pm

Leto wrote:I don't get the Jeff Green idea. He can't shoot from the outside and we would be starting 5 guys who shoot less than 35% from three. Every team in the league would play all 5 guys with at least one foot in the paint against us. We need a guy like Wilson Chandler--- not Jeff Green.

Jeff Green the past two years: .338%
Wilson Chandler same time: .359%
Dunleavy: .384%
Leto
RealGM

Post#32 » by Leto » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:30 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:

Jeff Green the past two years: .338%
Wilson Chandler same time: .359%
Dunleavy: .384%

Wilson Chandler the past 3 years from 3 has been 41%, 34% and this year 38%

But, if you'd like to just keep Mike, I wouldn't complain. I think he's adequate for what we need.
whodey
Starter

Post#33 » by whodey » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:55 pm

Leto wrote:
whodey wrote:
Leto wrote:

1) Mozgov is not playing 15-20 minutes with Gasol and Noah on the team.

2) This makes our P&R defense even worse--which is why Gasol got benched last night.

3) If you substitute Gasol for Taj in this trade, I might be more inclined to agree.

Edit add: 4) I want Chandler to stay on this team after this season for 7 mil. That's exactly what we need.

Answers :

1. Why not 15 minutes? Gasol has been playing center, he has to sit at some point. Noah would pretty much be playing PF in that scenario. Which he has for the most part this year. Even though I do like how Thibs will use him to play center at the beginning of the second and fourth quarters till Gasol returns.
2. I know nothing about Mozgov's defense, so I can't answer that question. I just know he would be a quality backup.
3. Interesting take, but would we do that to Gasol? I agree, it would make perfect sense. But man, that would be a black eye to our organization in the free agency world if a player took less to sign with us and then we turned around and sent him out.
4. I was assuming we keep Chandler. No way would I make that deal to let Chandler and Mozgov walk after this year.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#34 » by Jvaughn » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:38 pm

DanTown8587 wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:

Two reasons

and

Brewer only makes $4.7 million. We could've done like every other team does, and called Philadelphia to help with salary.

Just recheckled Brewer's numbers. And while his offensive game has fallen off a cliff, he can't be any worse than Snell, or finishing games with Kirk. I'm still of the belief that having only one good wing defender is going to hurt us in the playoffs. Defense is one thing that Brewer can still do effectively.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
DanTown8587
RealGM

Post#35 » by DanTown8587 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:59 pm

Jvaughn wrote:
DanTown8587 wrote:
Jvaughn wrote:

Two reasons

and

Brewer only makes $4.7 million. We could've done like every other team does, and called Philadelphia to help with salary.

Just recheckled Brewer's numbers. And while his offensive game has fallen off a cliff, he can't be any worse than Snell, or finishing games with Kirk. I'm still of the belief that having only one good wing defender is going to hurt us in the playoffs. Defense is one thing that Brewer can still do effectively.

Snell+Bairstow+Moore doesn't get enough salary out so the Bulls now have to add Brooks or higher in salary to do the deal.

Secondly, the Wolves had 15 players on their roster so the trade has to be even in terms of players in/players out and the Wolves don't have min salary guys so you would have to off load these players somewhere which means more "assets" like cash or draft picks or international rights are in the deal.

There simply was no deal for the Bulls to take their scraps and end up with Corey Brewer, regardless of fit.
FORMIDABULLS
Senior
And1: 138

Post#36 » by FORMIDABULLS » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:49 am

What I've gathered is that Garcia can't seem to stay healthy as it is probably affecting his production, he is now nursing one with his ankle btw. Alas what a shame as based on his reputation as a 3&D and good locker room guy that he is pretty much what we need behind Jimmy and MDJ. Brooks played with him at Houston too.
I beg to differ
Veteran
And1: 4,692

Post#37 » by I beg to differ » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:02 am

Games played:

13/14: 55
12/13: 58
11/12: 49
10/11: 58
09/10: 25

He was born to be a Chicago Bull.
kuly1990
Veteran
And1: 441

Post#38 » by kuly1990 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:14 am

i thought imidiatelly we should go after him, but when i saw the stats, no thanks i would pass
amcfad27
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,564

Post#39 » by amcfad27 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:57 pm

How far has he declined athletically? How good has his shot actually looked? He's getting up there in age and was just released from a good team. Be careful my friends...

Return to Chicago Bulls